|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ishmael and his brother and a friend go to Mattru Jong in Chapter 1?
(a) Participate in a talent show.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Visit family.
(d) Watch television.
2. Who would climb trees in Chapter 4, to get something to eat?
3. What stories would the families tell who walked through Ishmael's village?
(a) Relatives killed; homes burned.
(b) Life before the war.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) Fighting in the streets.
4. When did Sierra Leone gain independence?
5. In Chapter 8, how long did Ishmael spend in the forest before running into people again?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) About a month and a half.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) More than a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of farm did the boys ravage for awhile because they were so hungry?
2. When was Ishmael first touched by war?
3. At the beginning of the book, what were the only wars Ishmael had heard about?
4. In Chapter 5, how old was the boy that Ishmael and his companions stole food from?
5. In Chapter 9, how long did Ishmael and the other boys stay in a fisherman's hut while their feet healed?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)