|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't the families who had walked to Ishmael's village stay there?
(a) They were sick and looking for a hospital.
(b) They had family to stay with.
(c) They knew the war was coming to his village.
(d) They wanted to leave the country.
2. In Chapter 16, what was the only things the boys would do that the civilians asked them to do?
(c) Play soccer.
3. What folk tale did Musa tell in Chapter 10?
(a) Bra Spider.
(b) Spider and the Hare.
(c) The Gullah.
(d) Spider's Rope.
4. In Chapter 4, when the boys and the other people who had entered the town together returned to the swamp, how many crossed at a time?
5. What did Ishmael think he could hear at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Mother's voice.
(b) Lansana's singing.
(c) Father's voice.
(d) Grandmother's singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction did Ishmael head when he left the swamp in Chapter 7?
2. During the battle in Chapter 13, who did Ishmael hear scream?
3. At whose house did Ishmael, his brother, and friend stay in Mattru Jong?
4. How many months after Ishmael arrived did Ishmael's friend Mohamed arrive at Bennin Home?
5. What was the lieutenant reading at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)