|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bodies were near the old man on a verandah in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 3, how far away was it rumored that the rebels were stationed?
(a) 35 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
3. How would Ishmael's father try to get him to take a shower?
(a) Drag him to the shower.
(b) Take his clothes.
(c) Chase him with cold water.
(d) Throw him in the river.
4. In Chapter 9, how long did Ishmael and the other boys stay in a fisherman's hut while their feet healed?
(a) A week.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) A week and a half.
5. How long did Ishmael and his brother wait at the wharf hoping to see their families or someone else from their village in Chapter 1?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 90 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Ishmael and Junior about medicinal leaves and tree bark?
2. Who would climb trees in Chapter 4, to get something to eat?
3. In Chapter 3, how long was the majority of the population of Mattru Jong in hiding?
4. What did a man feed the boys in Chapter 9 after they damaged their feet?
5. In Chapter 4, when the boys and the other people who had entered the town together returned to the swamp, how many crossed at a time?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)