1. How far did families come from when they walked through Ishmael's village?
(a) 150 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 500 miles.
(d) Hundred of miles.
2. What stories would the families tell who walked through Ishmael's village?
(a) Fighting in the streets.
(b) Relatives killed; homes burned.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) Life before the war.
3. Why wouldn't the families who had walked to Ishmael's village stay there?
(a) They had family to stay with.
(b) They wanted to leave the country.
(c) They knew the war was coming to his village.
(d) They were sick and looking for a hospital.
4. At the beginning of the book, what were the only wars Ishmael had heard about?
(a) In history books.
(b) From novels.
(c) That his great-grandfather talked about.
(d) In movies.
5. in what country near Ishmael's village was a war going on?
6. How old was Ishmael in Chapter 1?
7. How old was Ishmael the first time he was touched by war?
This section contains 3,331 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)