|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city has Beth taken a job?
2. What does Dave arrange to do with Sarah?
3. Who does Dave not want to see on a regular basis?
4. Where does Dave say his mother used to shop?
5. How does visiting Dave's childhood home make him feel?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dave's relationship with his parents.
1) Why does Dave hold his mother in much higher regard than his father?
2) How have Dave's parents affected his personality and the decisions he makes in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Eggers uses fantasy elements in his memoir.
1) Why does Eggers uses fantasy elements in a non-fiction book?
2) When does he use fantasy elements, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dave's family.
1) How important is Dave's family to him? Are there some members of his family that were more important than others?
2) What would have happened to Dave if he did not have his family around when his parents died?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)