|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah say to Dave before he leaves her house in the morning?
2. What does Dave decide to arrange in this chapter?
3. What girl from Dave's hometown does he mention in this chapter?
4. What show wants to hire one of the magazine's made up celebrities?
5. Who do the editors of Might decide to create awards for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Eggers' writing style. How would you describe his prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Eggers' style give to his story?
Essay Topic 2
What similarities in style and tone does Dave's memoir share with Might magazine?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dave's relationship with his parents.
1) Why does Dave hold his mother in much higher regard than his father?
2) How have Dave's parents affected his personality and the decisions he makes in the book?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)