|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah say to Dave before he leaves her house in the morning?
2. Who threatens suicide in this chapter?
3. How does the magazine celebrate the obituary issue?
4. Who does Dave call to help the answer to #118?
5. Where does Dave say his mother used to shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dave's situation changing in Chapter 8?
2. What does Dave do for the front cover of the first issue?
3. What does Dave do in Chicago in Chapter 10?
4. What is the misunderstanding between the Might magazine and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego in Chapter 8?
5. How does Dave deal with John in Chapter 7?
6. Why does Dave decide to apply for The Real World?
7. How does Dave convince the producer he did not have a privileged upbringing?
8. Why are the cast members of the Real World not so welcome at the photo shoot in Chapter 7?
9. In what way is Toph still a big part of Dave's life?
10. Why does the landlord's wife not want Dave to move in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound effect on Eggers' life and how did they change him? What does Eggers still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How does Dave's obsession with death affect his life? How does he get over his obsession?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dave's family.
1) How important is Dave's family to him? Are there some members of his family that were more important than others?
2) What would have happened to Dave if he did not have his family around when his parents died?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)