|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problems does Might magazine have in this chapter?
2. Which of the following words best describes Dave's magazine?
3. What does Puck kidnap in this chapter?
4. What does Dave arrange to do with Sarah?
5. Whose wedding did Dave attend only weeks before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the apartment not a good place to live?
2. Why are the cast members of the Real World not so welcome at the photo shoot in Chapter 7?
3. How is Dave's situation changing in Chapter 8?
4. How does the Real Show eventually help Dave to promote the Might magazine?
5. Why do more people agree to to the magazines nude photo shoot in Chapter 7?
6. Describe Dave's meeting with Sarah in Chapter 10.
7. What happens to John in this chapter?
8. Why does Dave decide to apply for The Real World?
9. Describe Dave's first exposure to hatred.
10. How does Dave convince the producer he did not have a privileged upbringing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dave's relationship with Toph.
1) In what way is Dave in danger of smothering his younger brother?
2) In what way does Dave need Toph as much as Toph needs him?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Eggers' writing style. How would you describe his prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Eggers' style give to his story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of an editor.
1) What is the role of a editor? What different kinds of editors are there?
2) How much say does an editor has with what goes into a publication?
3) In what way does Dave have the right characteristics to succeed as an editor?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)