|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave want to use the exposure he can get for appearing on TV?
2. Whose wedding did Dave attend only weeks before?
3. Where does Toph have to go the night Dave has a date with Sari?
4. What does Dave worry about Toph in this chapter?
5. What does Toph begin in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dave's first exposure to hatred.
2. Why is the apartment not a good place to live?
3. How is Dave's situation changing in Chapter 8?
4. Describe the wedding in Chapter 10.
5. Describe Dave's meeting with Sarah in Chapter 10.
6. In what way is Toph still a big part of Dave's life?
7. Describe Dave's interview with the producer in Chapter 6.
8. What is the misunderstanding between the Might magazine and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego in Chapter 8?
9. Why do more people agree to to the magazines nude photo shoot in Chapter 7?
10. Why does the landlord's wife not want Dave to move in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What similarities in style and tone does Dave's memoir share with Might magazine?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Dave's influence on Toph.
1) What is Dave's philosophy about how to bring up Toph?
2) How would Dave change how he brought up Toph if he could do it again?
3) How different would Toph's life have been if he had lived with another one of his siblings?
Essay Topic 3
How does Dave's obsession with death affect his life? How does he get over his obsession?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)