|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of flag did a boy have up in his window in Dave's neighborhood?
2. Where does Dave say his mother used to shop?
3. What does Toph begin in this chapter?
4. Whose wedding did Dave attend only weeks before?
5. Who does Dave not want to see on a regular basis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the apartment not a good place to live?
2. Describe Dave's interview with the producer in Chapter 6.
3. What does Dave do for the front cover of the first issue?
4. How does Dave feel when he visits his old house?
5. How does the Real Show eventually help Dave to promote the Might magazine?
6. Why does Dave decide to apply for The Real World?
7. Describe Dave's first exposure to hatred.
8. How does Dave convince the producer he did not have a privileged upbringing?
9. How does Dave deal with John in Chapter 7?
10. Describe Dave's meeting with Sarah in Chapter 10.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dave's obsession with death.
1) How does Dave's obsession with death affect the people around him?
2) How does Dave's obsession with death affect his life in general?
3) In what way can Dave use his obsession with death in a positive way?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of an editor.
1) What is the role of a editor? What different kinds of editors are there?
2) How much say does an editor has with what goes into a publication?
3) In what way does Dave have the right characteristics to succeed as an editor?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss with the students first person point of view. Why do the students think first person point of view is not necessarily reliable? What moments in the book do the students think are not so reliable and why? With the students, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using the first person point of view.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)