|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sari and Dave go?
2. Where did Dave's friend's father die?
3. Where does Kirsten decide to move to in this chapter?
4. How does visiting Dave's childhood home make him feel?
5. What problem do the doctors say Dave has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the apartment not a good place to live?
2. How does Dave deal with John in Chapter 7?
3. What happens to John in this chapter?
4. What is the misunderstanding between the Might magazine and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego in Chapter 8?
5. What does Dave do in Chicago in Chapter 10?
6. Why do more people agree to to the magazines nude photo shoot in Chapter 7?
7. How does Dave convince the producer he did not have a privileged upbringing?
8. What is wrong with Dave at the end of Chapter 8?
9. Why does the landlord's wife not want Dave to move in?
10. Why does Dave decide to apply for The Real World?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dave's relationship with Toph.
1) In what way is Dave in danger of smothering his younger brother?
2) In what way does Dave need Toph as much as Toph needs him?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Dave's obsession with death.
1) How does Dave's obsession with death affect the people around him?
2) How does Dave's obsession with death affect his life in general?
3) In what way can Dave use his obsession with death in a positive way?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dave's relationship with his parents.
1) Why does Dave hold his mother in much higher regard than his father?
2) How have Dave's parents affected his personality and the decisions he makes in the book?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)