|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toph take from Dave to buy groceries?
2. Who takes Dave to the hospital?
3. Where does Dave say his mother used to shop?
4. Who threatens suicide in this chapter?
5. Who has Dave finally broken up with in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dave decide to apply for The Real World?
2. Describe Dave's meeting with Sarah in Chapter 10.
3. What happens to John in this chapter?
4. How does Dave convince the producer he did not have a privileged upbringing?
5. What happens when the magazine claims Adam Rich has been murdered?
6. Why does the landlord's wife not want Dave to move in?
7. What happens to Shalini in Chapter 9?
8. What is wrong with Dave at the end of Chapter 8?
9. Why are the cast members of the Real World not so welcome at the photo shoot in Chapter 7?
10. How is Dave's situation changing in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dave's relationship with Toph.
1) In what way is Dave in danger of smothering his younger brother?
2) In what way does Dave need Toph as much as Toph needs him?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following options and discuss how illness affected that particular area in Eggers' life.
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dave's family.
1) How important is Dave's family to him? Are there some members of his family that were more important than others?
2) What would have happened to Dave if he did not have his family around when his parents died?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)