|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dave's new apartment not a pleasant place to live in?
2. Who does Dave call to help the answer to #118?
3. What does Toph do for the first time at a party?
4. What does Dave decide to arrange in this chapter?
5. How does the magazine celebrate the obituary issue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dave's first exposure to hatred.
2. How does Dave feel when he visits his old house?
3. Describe the wedding in Chapter 10.
4. Why is the apartment not a good place to live?
5. What is wrong with Dave at the end of Chapter 8?
6. Why do more people agree to to the magazines nude photo shoot in Chapter 7?
7. What problems does Toph cause Dave in Chapter 9?
8. How does the Real Show eventually help Dave to promote the Might magazine?
9. Describe Dave's interview with the producer in Chapter 6.
10. What does Dave start in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Eggers uses other people in the story to express his ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Eggers uses fantasy elements in his memoir.
1) Why does Eggers uses fantasy elements in a non-fiction book?
2) When does he use fantasy elements, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following and describe how his/her character matures in the book.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)