|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toph have to go the night Dave has a date with Sari?
2. What does Dave decide to arrange in this chapter?
3. What does Puck kidnap in this chapter?
4. Where do Sari and Dave go?
5. What does John have done at hospital in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave start in Chapter 6?
2. What does Dave do for the front cover of the first issue?
3. Why are the cast members of the Real World not so welcome at the photo shoot in Chapter 7?
4. Describe Dave's meeting with Sarah in Chapter 10.
5. How does Dave convince the producer he did not have a privileged upbringing?
6. What new idea do Dave and his editors come up with for the magazine in Chapter 9?
7. How is Dave's situation changing in Chapter 8?
8. Why is the apartment not a good place to live?
9. How does the Real Show eventually help Dave to promote the Might magazine?
10. What problems does Toph cause Dave in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dave's relationship with Toph.
1) In what way is Dave in danger of smothering his younger brother?
2) In what way does Dave need Toph as much as Toph needs him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiographical formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dave's influence on Toph.
1) What is Dave's philosophy about how to bring up Toph?
2) How would Dave change how he brought up Toph if he could do it again?
3) How different would Toph's life have been if he had lived with another one of his siblings?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)