|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to having his fake obituary written?
2. Where does John spend his time at the end of the chapter?
3. Who is in the picture Dave and the editors choose?
4. What does Sari write about?
5. What does Dave worry about Toph in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dave's first exposure to hatred.
2. In what way is Toph still a big part of Dave's life?
3. What does Dave do for the front cover of the first issue?
4. Why does Dave decide to apply for The Real World?
5. Why do more people agree to to the magazines nude photo shoot in Chapter 7?
6. How does the Real Show eventually help Dave to promote the Might magazine?
7. How is Dave's situation changing in Chapter 8?
8. Describe Dave's meeting with Sarah in Chapter 10.
9. How does Dave convince the producer he did not have a privileged upbringing?
10. What happens to John in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Eggers use character and setting to express his themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following and describe how his/her character matures in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Toph.
1) How did the death of Toph's parents affect him?
2) How differently will Toph grow up without his parents?
3) What positive and negative effects has Dave had on Toph's life?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)