|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave say the participants can keep on during the photo shoot?
2. How does visiting Dave's childhood home make him feel?
3. What does Dave decide to arrange in this chapter?
4. In what city has Beth taken a job?
5. What show is Adam rich on?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the fake obituaries Dave and his fellow editors run in the Might magazine.
1) What comment is the magazine trying to make by running fake obituaries?
2) Why do the fake obituaries backfire so badly?
3) How do the fake obituaries express the book's theme of death and how people react to it?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Dave's relationship with his parents.
1) Why does Dave hold his mother in much higher regard than his father?
2) How have Dave's parents affected his personality and the decisions he makes in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dave's obsession with death.
1) How does Dave's obsession with death affect the people around him?
2) How does Dave's obsession with death affect his life in general?
3) In what way can Dave use his obsession with death in a positive way?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)