|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sari write about?
2. What does John have done at hospital in this chapter?
3. How does visiting Dave's childhood home make him feel?
4. Who does Dave hire to do the front cover for the first edition?
5. Who takes Dave to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Toph's life beginning to change in Chapter 8?
2. What is wrong with Dave at the end of Chapter 8?
3. What does Dave do for the front cover of the first issue?
4. Why does Dave decide to apply for The Real World?
5. Why does the landlord's wife not want Dave to move in?
6. Describe the wedding in Chapter 10.
7. How does the Real Show eventually help Dave to promote the Might magazine?
8. What happens to John in this chapter?
9. How does Dave convince the producer he did not have a privileged upbringing?
10. Why are the cast members of the Real World not so welcome at the photo shoot in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiographical formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of an editor.
1) What is the role of a editor? What different kinds of editors are there?
2) How much say does an editor has with what goes into a publication?
3) In what way does Dave have the right characteristics to succeed as an editor?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dave's obsession with death.
1) How does Dave's obsession with death affect the people around him?
2) How does Dave's obsession with death affect his life in general?
3) In what way can Dave use his obsession with death in a positive way?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)