|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people does Dave say the boy with the flag hated?
2. Where does Dave feel pain in this chapter?
3. What do Dave and his friends eat at the girl's house?
4. What does John have done at hospital in this chapter?
5. What problems does Might magazine have in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Eggers use character and setting to express his themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Dave's obsession with death affect his life? How does he get over his obsession?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Toph.
1) How did the death of Toph's parents affect him?
2) How differently will Toph grow up without his parents?
3) What positive and negative effects has Dave had on Toph's life?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)