|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Toph always late for school?
2. What nationality is Toph's babysitter?
3. Why does Dave not have a job?
4. What does Dave want women to understand about him?
5. Where does Dave insist the kids go with him in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Dave have cooking?
2. What does Dave think about as he holds ice to his mother's nose?
3. Summarize Chapter 4.
4. What does Dave do when he gets lonely in Chapter 5?
5. How does Dave's disorganization affect Toph?
6. Why does Dave struggle to discard of some of his parent possessions?
7. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
8. Why does Dave not date many women?
9. What does Dave do during the nights?
10. How do the police deal with Dave's stolen wallet in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eggers uses fantasy elements in his memoir.
1) Why does Eggers uses fantasy elements in a non-fiction book?
2) When does he use fantasy elements, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What major events had a profound effect on Eggers' life and how did they change him? What does Eggers still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Eggers' writing style. How would you describe his prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Eggers' style give to his story?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)