|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave struggling with in this chapter?
2. What do Beth and Dave think Toph is not ready for yet?
3. Where do Dave and Meredith go after the bar?
4. Where did Beth find Toph's babysitter?
5. What does Dave's mother suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dave's situation change at the beginning of chapter 3?
2. What is Dave and Beth's plan?
3. How does Dave help his mother in the first chapter?
4. Summarize Chapter 3.
5. Why does Dave struggle to discard of some of his parent possessions?
6. Why does Dave think it is important to go to the gym?
7. How does Dave's disorganization affect Toph?
8. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
9. In what way does Dave struggle with the memory of his parents in Chapter 4?
10. What problems does Dave have cooking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following options and discuss how illness affected that particular area in Eggers' life.
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Essay Topic 2
What major events had a profound effect on Eggers' life and how did they change him? What does Eggers still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What similarities in style and tone does Dave's memoir share with Might magazine?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)