|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toph always added onto at the last minute?
2. What do the Mexican kids take from Dave?
3. What do Dave and Toph have to rush to in this chapter?
4. What is the name of Dave's younger brother?
5. Where does Meredith agree to meet Dave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Dave want to move to New York?
3. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
4. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
5. How does Dave feel when he visits his old house?
6. How does Dave's situation change at the beginning of chapter 3?
7. Describe the wedding in Chapter 10.
8. What is Dave and Beth's plan?
9. What problems does Dave have cooking?
10. What happens when the magazine claims Adam Rich has been murdered?
Essay Topic 1
Eggers uses fantasy elements in his memoir.
1) Why does Eggers uses fantasy elements in a non-fiction book?
2) When does he use fantasy elements, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following and describe how his/her character matures in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Eggers uses other people in the story to express his ideas.
This section contains 1,397 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)