|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kids help Dave do?
2. When did Dave graduate from college?
3. What is the name of Dave's younger brother?
4. What kind of woman is Dave dating in this chapter?
5. What does Dave decide to tell for the first time when a mother at Toph's school asks about his situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the police deal with Dave's stolen wallet in Chapter 5?
2. What does Dave do during the nights?
3. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
4. How does Dave feel when he finally leaves Toph with a babysitter?
5. How does Dave's disorganization affect Toph?
6. What problems does Dave have cooking?
7. How does Dave help his mother in the first chapter?
8. How does a group of Mexican children harass Dave and Meredith in Chapter 5?
9. How does Dave's situation change at the beginning of chapter 3?
10. What does Dave think about as he holds ice to his mother's nose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dave's obsession with death.
1) How does Dave's obsession with death affect the people around him?
2) How does Dave's obsession with death affect his life in general?
3) In what way can Dave use his obsession with death in a positive way?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of an editor.
1) What is the role of a editor? What different kinds of editors are there?
2) How much say does an editor has with what goes into a publication?
3) In what way does Dave have the right characteristics to succeed as an editor?
Essay Topic 3
How does Dave's obsession with death affect his life? How does he get over his obsession?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)