Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toph always added onto at the last minute?
2. What do the Mexican kids take from Dave?
3. What do Dave and Toph have to rush to in this chapter?
4. What is the name of Dave's younger brother?
5. Where does Meredith agree to meet Dave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Dave want to move to New York?
3. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
4. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
5. How does Dave feel when he visits his old house?
6. How does Dave's situation change at the beginning of chapter 3?
7. Describe the wedding in Chapter 10.
8. What is Dave and Beth's plan?
9. What problems does Dave have cooking?
10. What happens when the magazine claims Adam Rich has been murdered?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiographical formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Dave's family.
1) How important is Dave's family to him? Are there some members of his family that were more important than others?
2) What would have happened to Dave if he did not have his family around when his parents died?
Essay Topic 3
What similarities in style and tone does Dave's memoir share with Might magazine?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)