|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave feel it is important to show Toph in this chapter?
2. Where do Dave and Meredith go after the bar?
3. What does the nurse suggest Dave uses to stop the bleeding?
4. How does Dave secure the apartment he wants to move into?
5. Who is Dave watching TV with in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of Dave and Toph's being late.
2. How does Dave's disorganization affect Toph?
3. How does Dave act in the club with his friends?
4. Why doesn't Dave like telling people why he has to look after Toph?
5. Why does Dave think it is important to go to the gym?
6. How does Dave's situation change at the beginning of chapter 3?
7. What does Dave think about as he holds ice to his mother's nose?
8. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
9. What kind of relationships with women does Dave have during this period?
10. Why does Dave not date many women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eggers uses fantasy elements in his memoir.
1) Why does Eggers uses fantasy elements in a non-fiction book?
2) When does he use fantasy elements, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What similarities in style and tone does Dave's memoir share with Might magazine?
Essay Topic 3
What major events had a profound effect on Eggers' life and how did they change him? What does Eggers still have to learn by the end of the book?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)