|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toph always added onto at the last minute?
2. What do the Mexican kids take from Dave?
3. What do Dave and Toph have to rush to in this chapter?
4. What is the name of Dave's younger brother?
5. Where does Meredith agree to meet Dave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Dave want to move to New York?
3. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
4. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
5. How does Dave feel when he visits his old house?
6. How does Dave's situation change at the beginning of chapter 3?
7. Describe the wedding in Chapter 10.
8. What is Dave and Beth's plan?
9. What problems does Dave have cooking?
10. What happens when the magazine claims Adam Rich has been murdered?
Essay Topic 1
How does Dave's obsession with death affect his life? How does he get over his obsession?
Essay Topic 2
What major events had a profound effect on Eggers' life and how did they change him? What does Eggers still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiographical formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 1,397 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)