|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Beth find Toph's babysitter?
2. What word best describes Dave's relationship with the older woman?
3. How does Dave secure the apartment he wants to move into?
4. What does Dave imagine the baby sitter doing to Toph?
5. Where do Dave and Meredith go after the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dave call a nurse rather than take his mother to the hospital?
2. What does Dave do during the nights?
3. How do the police deal with Dave's stolen wallet in Chapter 5?
4. How does Dave act in the club with his friends?
5. What different directions do the characters take in Chapter 2?
6. Give an example of Dave and Toph's being late.
7. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
8. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
9. In what way does Dave struggle with the memory of his parents in Chapter 4?
10. Describe Dave's father's funeral.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What similarities in style and tone does Dave's memoir share with Might magazine?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following options and discuss how illness affected that particular area in Eggers' life.
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Dave Eggers' life:
2) His father
3) His mother
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)