|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dave and Toph leave on the coffee table for weeks at a time?
(d) Coffee cups
2. What does Dave resent in this chapter?
(a) Phoning social services every morning
(b) Being the one with his parents' belongings
(c) Taking Toph to school
(d) Looking after Toph
3. What does Dave think the parents at the Little League games wonder about him and Toph?
(a) If Toph is ill
(b) If Dave is abusing Toph
(c) If Dave is Toph's father
(d) Where their parents are
4. What lie does Dave tell a female friend about Toph?
(a) He wets the bed
(b) He is a member of mensa
(c) He shot a friend
(d) He passed entrance exams to Harvard
5. What is Dave struggling to decide in this chapter?
(a) Where to send Toph to school
(b) Throwing his parents' things away
(c) What job to take
(d) Who to date
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dave eventually find his wallet?
2. Who does Dave eventually call in this chapter?
3. What does Dave imagine the baby sitter doing to Toph?
4. What do Dave and his sibling live off?
5. What kind of people are in the car Dave has to identify?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave do during the nights?
2. How does Dave act in the club with his friends?
3. How does Dave's disorganization affect Toph?
4. Why does Dave struggle to discard of some of his parent possessions?
5. Describe Dave's father's funeral.
6. How does a group of Mexican children harass Dave and Meredith in Chapter 5?
7. What is Dave and Beth's plan?
8. What different directions do the characters take in Chapter 2?
9. Why doesn't Dave like telling people why he has to look after Toph?
10. What is wrong with Dave's mother at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)