|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave want to buy flowers from?
(a) The gift shop
(b) The grocers
(c) The boutique
(d) The news stand
2. What word best describes Dave's relationship with the older woman?
3. Where does Dave sleep in this chapter?
(a) A bus station
(b) The hospital
(c) His girlfriend's house
(d) A railway station
4. What does Dave think Toph worries about?
(a) Dave leaving him
(b) Losing Little League games
(c) Doing badly at school
(d) Someone else in the family dying
5. What does Dave want women to understand about him?
(a) His circumstances
(b) His depression
(c) His goals in life
(d) His humor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave discover is missing from his pants?
2. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
3. What does Dave's mother suffer from?
4. What does Dave convince Toph to do in this section?
5. Why does Dave not date much?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dave act in the club with his friends?
2. In what way does Dave struggle with the memory of his parents in Chapter 4?
3. How do the police deal with Dave's stolen wallet in Chapter 5?
4. How does Dave help his mother in the first chapter?
5. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
6. What different directions do the characters take in Chapter 2?
7. What does Dave do when he gets lonely in Chapter 5?
8. Summarize the second chapter.
9. What does Dave think about as he holds ice to his mother's nose?
10. How does a group of Mexican children harass Dave and Meredith in Chapter 5?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)