|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dave and Toph leave on the coffee table for weeks at a time?
(b) Coffee cups
2. What is Dave's only income in this chapter?
(a) Toph's social security payments
(b) Selling paintings
(c) Selling stories
(d) Part time work at a gas station
3. What is Dave afraid of disrepecting in this chapter?
(a) His childhood memories
(b) Toph's childhood
(c) Toph's education
(d) His parents' memory
4. Who asks Dave about his situation?
(a) A mother
(b) A teacher
(c) A student
(d) A father
5. What can Dave not convince Toph to do?
(a) Move in with Beth
(b) Do his homework
(c) Go to school
(d) Clean up
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dave insist the kids go with him in this chapter?
2. What do Dave and his sibling live off?
3. Who goes with Toph to his Little League games?
4. What kind of people are in the car Dave has to identify?
5. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a group of Mexican children harass Dave and Meredith in Chapter 5?
2. How does Dave help his mother in the first chapter?
3. What does Dave do when he gets lonely in Chapter 5?
4. What does Dave do during the nights?
5. In what way does Dave struggle with the memory of his parents in Chapter 4?
6. What different directions do the characters take in Chapter 2?
7. What kind of relationships with women does Dave have during this period?
8. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
9. How does Dave's situation change at the beginning of chapter 3?
10. What is wrong with Dave's mother at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)