|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave have to move out of the apartment in this chapter?
(a) He breaks up with Kirsten
(b) He can't pay the rent
(c) He falls out with Beth
(d) The lease expires
2. What nationality is Toph's babysitter?
3. Who does Dave say stares at him during the Little League games?
(a) The parents
(b) The coach
(c) The children
4. Where does Dave want to buy flowers from?
(a) The boutique
(b) The gift shop
(c) The news stand
(d) The grocers
5. What do Dave and Toph leave on the coffee table for weeks at a time?
(d) Coffee cups
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dave insist the kids go with him in this chapter?
2. What does Dave think the parents at the Little League games wonder about him and Toph?
3. How does Dave secure the apartment he wants to move into?
4. Why can Dave's mother's nose bleed be deadly?
5. What usually prompts Dave and Toph to tidy the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
2. How does Dave act in the club with his friends?
3. What does Dave decide to do instead of finding a job?
4. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
5. Describe Dave's first exposure to hatred.
6. What new idea do Dave and his editors come up with for the magazine in Chapter 9?
7. What different directions do the characters take in Chapter 2?
8. Give an example of Dave and Toph's being late.
9. What is wrong with Dave's mother at the beginning of Chapter 1?
10. How is Dave's situation changing in Chapter 8?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)