|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave decide to tell for the first time when a mother at Toph's school asks about his situation?
(a) His opinion on life
(b) The truth
(c) A lie
(d) A joke
2. What is Dave afraid of disrepecting in this chapter?
(a) Toph's childhood
(b) Toph's education
(c) His childhood memories
(d) His parents' memory
3. What does Dave want women to understand about him?
(a) His goals in life
(b) His depression
(c) His circumstances
(d) His humor
4. How does Dave secure the apartment he wants to move into?
(a) He takes the landlord out for dinner
(b) He gives the landlord his watch
(c) He pays a year's rent up front
(d) He pays a large deposit
5. Where do Dave and Toph play Frisbee in this chapter?
(a) A corn field
(b) A tennis court
(c) The garden
(d) The beach
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave say stares at him during the Little League games?
2. Where did Beth and Dave promise not to take their mother?
3. Where does Dave sleep in this chapter?
4. Who goes with Toph to his Little League games?
5. Why do Dave and Toph have to rush to the school open house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of relationships with women does Dave have during this period?
2. Describe Dave's search for his wallet.
3. Summarize Chapter 3.
4. What does Dave do during the nights?
5. Why does Dave call a nurse rather than take his mother to the hospital?
6. What does Dave decide to do instead of finding a job?
7. Why does Dave not date many women?
8. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
9. How does Dave help his mother in the first chapter?
10. Why doesn't Dave like telling people why he has to look after Toph?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)