|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave do before the girl can tell the story to anyone else?
(a) Leaves the club
(b) Locks her in a cupboard
(c) Takes her to the beach
(d) Gives her drugs
2. What image does Dave want to present to his brother?
(a) Intelligent and hardworking
(b) Loving and family orientated
(c) Virile and healthy
(d) Funny and sweet
3. What does Dave decide to tell for the first time when a mother at Toph's school asks about his situation?
(a) His opinion on life
(b) The truth
(c) A joke
(d) A lie
4. What does Dave look for when he leaves the club?
(a) Female companionship
(b) His wallet
(c) His car
(d) A quiet bar
5. What lie does Dave tell a female friend about Toph?
(a) He is a member of mensa
(b) He shot a friend
(c) He wets the bed
(d) He passed entrance exams to Harvard
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave call for advice on his mother's nose bleed?
2. Where do Dave and Meredith go after the bar?
3. Where do Dave and Beth sublet an apartment?
4. What do Toph and Dave do to the house in this chapter?
5. What word best describes Dave's relationship with the older woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a group of Mexican children harass Dave and Meredith in Chapter 5?
2. How does Dave help his mother in the first chapter?
3. Why does Dave call a nurse rather than take his mother to the hospital?
4. How do the police deal with Dave's stolen wallet in Chapter 5?
5. How does Dave act in the club with his friends?
6. What kind of relationships with women does Dave have during this period?
7. How does Dave's disorganization affect Toph?
8. What does Dave do during the nights?
9. What is Dave and Beth's plan?
10. What does Dave do when he gets lonely in Chapter 5?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)