|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave want women to understand about him?
(a) His depression
(b) His circumstances
(c) His humor
(d) His goals in life
2. Why does Dave have to move out of the apartment in this chapter?
(a) He breaks up with Kirsten
(b) He falls out with Beth
(c) The lease expires
(d) He can't pay the rent
3. What does Dave resent in this chapter?
(a) Phoning social services every morning
(b) Being the one with his parents' belongings
(c) Looking after Toph
(d) Taking Toph to school
4. What do Dave and Toph have to rush to in this chapter?
(a) A funeral
(b) A Little League game
(c) A football game
(d) Toph's school open house
5. When did Dave graduate from college?
(a) The summer
(b) The autumn
(c) The spring
(d) The winter
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people are in the car Dave has to identify?
2. What do Toph and Dave do to the house in this chapter?
3. What does Beth talk her mother into doing?
4. Where does Dave insist the kids go with him in this chapter?
5. What is Dave struggling with in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
2. What kind of relationships with women does Dave have during this period?
3. How does Dave's disorganization affect Toph?
4. Why does Dave think it is important to go to the gym?
5. What problems does Dave have cooking?
6. What does Dave decide to do instead of finding a job?
7. How does Dave help his mother in the first chapter?
8. How do the police deal with Dave's stolen wallet in Chapter 5?
9. In what way does Dave struggle with the memory of his parents in Chapter 4?
10. Describe Dave's search for his wallet.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)