|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dave eventually call in this chapter?
2. Why does Dave not go out at night?
(a) He is afraid of being beaten up
(b) He likes watching TV
(c) He wants to save
(d) He wants to stay with Toph
3. Why do Dave and Toph have to rush to the school open house?
(a) They get stuck in traffic
(b) They get locked out of the house
(c) The car breaks down
(d) Dave takes a nap
4. Why does Dave have to move out of the apartment in this chapter?
(a) He falls out with Beth
(b) The lease expires
(c) He can't pay the rent
(d) He breaks up with Kirsten
5. What does Dave want women to understand about him?
(a) His depression
(b) His goals in life
(c) His humor
(d) His circumstances
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave's father die from?
2. What does Dave convince Toph to do in this section?
3. What is Dave struggling to decide in this chapter?
4. Where does Dave sleep in this chapter?
5. What does the nurse suggest Dave uses to stop the bleeding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Dave's mother at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. How does Dave help his mother in the first chapter?
3. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
4. Give an example of Dave and Toph's being late.
5. Why does Dave struggle to discard of some of his parent possessions?
6. What does Dave decide to do instead of finding a job?
7. Describe Dave's father's funeral.
8. What is Dave and Beth's plan?
9. How does a group of Mexican children harass Dave and Meredith in Chapter 5?
10. What problems does Dave have cooking?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)