|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave secure the apartment he wants to move into?
(a) He pays a large deposit
(b) He pays a year's rent up front
(c) He gives the landlord his watch
(d) He takes the landlord out for dinner
2. What image does Dave want to present to his brother?
(a) Loving and family orientated
(b) Funny and sweet
(c) Intelligent and hardworking
(d) Virile and healthy
3. What is Dave's only income in this chapter?
(a) Part time work at a gas station
(b) Toph's social security payments
(c) Selling stories
(d) Selling paintings
4. What do Dave and Toph leave on the coffee table for weeks at a time?
(b) Coffee cups
5. Where did Beth and Dave promise not to take their mother?
(a) New York
(c) A old people's home
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Toph and Dave do to the house in this chapter?
2. Who does Dave spend all of his time with in this chapter?
3. Why can Dave's mother's nose bleed be deadly?
4. What does Dave do before the girl can tell the story to anyone else?
5. Where do Dave and Beth want to move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dave and Beth's plan?
2. What different directions do the characters take in Chapter 2?
3. Describe Dave's search for his wallet.
4. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
5. What does Dave do during the nights?
6. Give an example of Dave and Toph's being late.
7. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
8. Why doesn't Dave like telling people why he has to look after Toph?
9. What problems does Dave have cooking?
10. How does Dave feel when he finally leaves Toph with a babysitter?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)