|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps Dave's parents belongings?
(b) Dave's grandparents
(c) His older brother
2. Where did Beth and Dave promise not to take their mother?
(a) A old people's home
(b) New York
3. What is Dave struggling to decide in this chapter?
(a) Throwing his parents' things away
(b) Where to send Toph to school
(c) What job to take
(d) Who to date
4. Why is Toph always late for school?
(a) Dave oversleeps
(b) Dave is always caught in a traffic queue
(c) Toph oversleeps
(d) Dave and Toph argue every morning
5. Where is Toph sleeping?
(a) On the couch
(b) On the kitchen floor
(c) On a rug
(d) In his bed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave want women to understand about him?
2. Where does Dave sleep in this chapter?
3. What do the kids do when Dave calls the police?
4. What does the nurse suggest Dave uses to stop the bleeding?
5. What do Toph and Dave do to the house in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Dave's mother at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. How do the police deal with Dave's stolen wallet in Chapter 5?
3. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
4. Summarize the second chapter.
5. How does Dave act in the club with his friends?
6. Give an example of Dave and Toph's being late.
7. Describe Dave's search for his wallet.
8. What is Dave and Beth's plan?
9. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
10. How does Dave feel when he finally leaves Toph with a babysitter?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)