|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave feel it is important to show Toph in this chapter?
(c) Their homeland
2. What does Dave get bored of saying?
(a) Do your homework
(b) Please and thank you
(c) Tidy up your room
(d) His story
3. What kind of people are in the car Dave has to identify?
(a) White people
(b) African American people
(c) Asian people
(d) Hispanic people
4. What does Dave's mother suffer from?
(c) Bowel cancer
(d) Stomach cancer
5. What lie does Dave tell a female friend about Toph?
(a) He passed entrance exams to Harvard
(b) He is a member of mensa
(c) He wets the bed
(d) He shot a friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's tragic story make him feel like?
2. What does Dave imagine the baby sitter doing to Toph?
3. What can Dave not convince Toph to do?
4. Where is Toph sleeping?
5. What image does Dave want to present to his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Dave have cooking?
2. Why does Dave think it is important to go to the gym?
3. What is wrong with Dave's mother at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
5. What does Dave do when he gets lonely in Chapter 5?
6. How does Dave feel when he finally leaves Toph with a babysitter?
7. Why does Dave call a nurse rather than take his mother to the hospital?
8. How does Dave help his mother in the first chapter?
9. What does Dave do during the nights?
10. How does a group of Mexican children harass Dave and Meredith in Chapter 5?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)