|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave struggling with in this chapter?
(a) The memory of his parents
(b) Disciplining Toph
(c) Finding work
(d) Finding a film he has not watched
2. What usually prompts Dave and Toph to tidy the house?
(a) The smell
(b) When they run out of clean plates
(c) When Dave has a date
(d) A visit form Beth
3. Why is Toph always late for school?
(a) Toph oversleeps
(b) Dave is always caught in a traffic queue
(c) Dave and Toph argue every morning
(d) Dave oversleeps
4. What can Dave not convince Toph to do?
(a) Do his homework
(b) Clean up
(c) Move in with Beth
(d) Go to school
5. Who does Dave call for advice on his mother's nose bleed?
(a) The nurse
(c) The doctor
(d) His father
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave afraid of disrepecting in this chapter?
2. Why does Dave not go out at night?
3. What image does Dave want to present to his brother?
4. What is the name of Dave's younger brother?
5. What does Dave want to buy his mother for her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
2. Why does Dave struggle to discard of some of his parent possessions?
3. Why doesn't Dave like telling people why he has to look after Toph?
4. What does Dave do when he gets lonely in Chapter 5?
5. What different directions do the characters take in Chapter 2?
6. What problems do Toph and Dave have living together?
7. Summarize the second chapter.
8. Why does Dave not date many women?
9. How does Dave's situation change at the beginning of chapter 3?
10. What problems does Dave have cooking?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)