|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dave call for advice on his mother's nose bleed?
(a) His father
(b) The nurse
(d) The doctor
2. What do Dave and Toph have sword fights with?
(d) Bread sticks
3. Who asks Dave about his situation?
(a) A mother
(b) A father
(c) A teacher
(d) A student
4. What is Dave struggling with in this chapter?
(a) Disciplining Toph
(b) Finding work
(c) The memory of his parents
(d) Finding a film he has not watched
5. What word best describes Dave's relationship with the older woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dave's younger brother?
2. Where does Dave sleep in this chapter?
3. What do Dave and his sibling live off?
4. What does Dave imagine the baby sitter doing to Toph?
5. What do Dave and Toph eat when they watch videos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dave's father's funeral.
2. Why does Dave struggle to discard of some of his parent possessions?
3. Why does Dave feel uncomfortable when he takes Toph to Little League games?
4. How does Dave help his mother in the first chapter?
5. What does Dave think about as he holds ice to his mother's nose?
6. How does Dave feel when he finally leaves Toph with a babysitter?
7. What does Dave decide to do instead of finding a job?
8. How do the police deal with Dave's stolen wallet in Chapter 5?
9. Describe Dave's search for his wallet.
10. What kind of relationships with women does Dave have during this period?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)