|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Dave about his situation?
(a) A father
(b) A teacher
(c) A student
(d) A mother
2. What does Dave think the parents at the Little League games wonder about him and Toph?
(a) If Dave is abusing Toph
(b) If Dave is Toph's father
(c) Where their parents are
(d) If Toph is ill
3. What nationality is Toph's babysitter?
4. What does Dave think Toph worries about?
(a) Doing badly at school
(b) Losing Little League games
(c) Dave leaving him
(d) Someone else in the family dying
5. What is Kirsten looking for in this chapter?
(a) A car
(b) A new boyfriend
(c) A house
(d) A job
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Toph to his Little League games?
2. What do Toph and Dave do to the house in this chapter?
3. What word best describes Dave's relationship with the older woman?
4. Who does Dave call for advice on his mother's nose bleed?
5. Where did Beth and Dave promise not to take their mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Shalini in Chapter 9?
2. Summarize the book.
3. Why does Dave struggle to discard of some of his parent possessions?
4. Why does Dave call a nurse rather than take his mother to the hospital?
5. How does a group of Mexican children harass Dave and Meredith in Chapter 5?
6. How does Dave act in the club with his friends?
7. What does Dave do for the front cover of the first issue?
8. In what way is Toph still a big part of Dave's life?
9. Why does Dave think it is important to go to the gym?
10. Why doesn't Dave like telling people why he has to look after Toph?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)