|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Dave graduate from college?
(a) The spring
(b) The summer
(c) The autumn
(d) The winter
2. What does Dave's mother suffer from?
(b) Stomach cancer
(d) Bowel cancer
3. Where is Toph sleeping?
(a) In his bed
(b) On the couch
(c) On the kitchen floor
(d) On a rug
4. What do Beth and Dave think Toph is not ready for yet?
(a) A dog
(b) Adult films
(d) A babysitter
5. Who keeps Dave's parents belongings?
(b) Dave's grandparents
(d) His older brother
6. What do Dave and Toph have to rush to in this chapter?
(a) A football game
(b) A funeral
(c) Toph's school open house
(d) A Little League game
7. What part of California do Dave's friends live in?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Los Angeles
(d) Orange County
8. What is Dave struggling with in this chapter?
(a) The memory of his parents
(b) Finding a film he has not watched
(c) Finding work
(d) Disciplining Toph
9. What kind of woman is Dave dating in this chapter?
(a) A younger woman
(b) A teacher
(c) A student
(d) An older woman
10. Who goes with Toph to his Little League games?
(d) His teacher
11. What kind of people are in the car Dave has to identify?
(a) Asian people
(b) White people
(c) Hispanic people
(d) African American people
12. What is Kirsten looking for in this chapter?
(a) A job
(b) A new boyfriend
(c) A house
(d) A car
13. What does Dave want to join?
(a) A writing class
(b) Chess club
(c) A gym
(d) Night school
14. What nationality is Toph's babysitter?
15. What image does Dave want to present to his brother?
(a) Virile and healthy
(b) Loving and family orientated
(c) Funny and sweet
(d) Intelligent and hardworking
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Toph always late for school?
2. Who does Dave spend all of his time with in this chapter?
3. Where do Dave and Meredith go after the bar?
4. What did Dave's father die from?
5. What does Dave think Toph worries about?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)