|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of California do Dave's friends live in?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) San Francisco
(d) Orange County
2. What does Dave decide to tell for the first time when a mother at Toph's school asks about his situation?
(a) His opinion on life
(b) The truth
(c) A joke
(d) A lie
3. What do Dave and Toph eat when they watch videos?
4. Who does Dave spend all of his time with in this chapter?
5. What do the Mexican kids take from Dave?
(a) His pants
(b) His shirt
(c) His socks
(d) His shoes
6. Where does Dave want to buy flowers from?
(a) The boutique
(b) The gift shop
(c) The news stand
(d) The grocers
7. What is the name of Dave's girlfriend?
8. What does Dave do before the girl can tell the story to anyone else?
(a) Leaves the club
(b) Takes her to the beach
(c) Gives her drugs
(d) Locks her in a cupboard
9. How does Dave secure the apartment he wants to move into?
(a) He pays a year's rent up front
(b) He pays a large deposit
(c) He takes the landlord out for dinner
(d) He gives the landlord his watch
10. Where do Dave and Toph eat their meals?
(a) In their bedrooms
(b) In front of the TV
(c) In the dining room
(d) In the garden
11. What do Toph and Dave do in the evenings?
(b) Play pool
(c) Sing karoke
(d) Watch videos
12. What is the name of Dave's younger brother?
13. What do Dave and his sibling live off?
(a) Life insurance
(b) Bank loans
(c) Kirsten's money
14. Where does Dave insist the kids go with him in this chapter?
(a) To the police station
(b) To his apartment
(c) To find a phone
(d) To his car
15. What is the name of Dave's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dave and Beth want to move to?
2. What do Beth and Dave think Toph is not ready for yet?
3. Who does Dave say stares at him during the Little League games?
4. Where is Dave's family home?
5. What does Dave's mother suffer from?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)