|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave have to move out of the apartment in this chapter?
(a) The lease expires
(b) He breaks up with Kirsten
(c) He falls out with Beth
(d) He can't pay the rent
2. Who keeps Dave's parents belongings?
(a) His older brother
(b) Dave's grandparents
3. What do Toph and Dave do in the evenings?
(a) Watch videos
(c) Play pool
(d) Sing karoke
4. Where are Dave's friends from?
(b) New York
(d) Los Angeles
5. What is Beth preparing for in this chapter?
(a) Teacher training
(b) Medical school
(c) Law school
6. Where does Dave keep his parents belongings?
(a) In a shed
(b) In the attic
(c) In the basement
(d) In a storehouse
7. How does Dave secure the apartment he wants to move into?
(a) He takes the landlord out for dinner
(b) He pays a year's rent up front
(c) He pays a large deposit
(d) He gives the landlord his watch
8. Who is Dave watching TV with in this chapter?
(a) His girlfriend
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His sister
9. Where do Dave and Meredith go after the bar?
(a) To Meredith's house
(b) To a restaurant
(c) To the beach
(d) To Dave's house
10. What do Toph and Dave do to the house in this chapter?
(a) Tidy it
(b) Repaint it
(c) Lay down carpets
(d) Put in a new kitchen
11. What nationality is Toph's babysitter?
12. What is Dave afraid of disrepecting in this chapter?
(a) Toph's education
(b) Toph's childhood
(c) His parents' memory
(d) His childhood memories
13. When did Dave graduate from college?
(a) The spring
(b) The winter
(c) The summer
(d) The autumn
14. What does Dave think the parents at the Little League games wonder about him and Toph?
(a) If Toph is ill
(b) If Dave is Toph's father
(c) If Dave is abusing Toph
(d) Where their parents are
15. Who does Dave call for advice on his mother's nose bleed?
(b) His father
(c) The doctor
(d) The nurse
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meredith agree to meet Dave?
2. What is Dave struggling with in this chapter?
3. What does Dave want to buy his mother for her birthday?
4. Who asks Dave about his situation?
5. What kind of people are in the car Dave has to identify?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)