|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dave eventually call in this chapter?
2. What does Dave feel it is important to show Toph in this chapter?
(b) Their homeland
3. What part of California do Dave's friends live in?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) Orange County
(d) San Francisco
4. Where does Dave keep his parents belongings?
(a) In the basement
(b) In a shed
(c) In the attic
(d) In a storehouse
5. When did Dave graduate from college?
(a) The autumn
(b) The spring
(c) The summer
(d) The winter
6. Where are Dave's friends from?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) New York
7. Where do Dave and Beth want to move to?
(a) New York
(b) Noth Carolina
(c) South Carolina
8. How does Dave secure the apartment he wants to move into?
(a) He pays a large deposit
(b) He pays a year's rent up front
(c) He gives the landlord his watch
(d) He takes the landlord out for dinner
9. What can Dave not convince Toph to do?
(a) Move in with Beth
(b) Do his homework
(c) Clean up
(d) Go to school
10. What word best describes Dave's relationship with the older woman?
11. Why does Dave not have a job?
(a) He has just graduated
(b) He was fired
(c) He is ill
(d) He is disabled
12. What does Dave's tragic story make him feel like?
(a) An adult
(b) A nobody
(c) A celebrity
(d) A child
13. Who goes with Toph to his Little League games?
(b) His teacher
14. What do Dave and Toph eat when they watch videos?
15. What is Dave's only income in this chapter?
(a) Part time work at a gas station
(b) Selling paintings
(c) Toph's social security payments
(d) Selling stories
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Toph always late for school?
2. What kind of women does Dave currently like to date?
3. What does Dave convince Toph to do in this section?
4. Where do Dave and Toph eat their meals?
5. What lie does Dave tell a female friend about Toph?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)