|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Beth and Dave think Toph is not ready for yet?
(b) A dog
(c) Adult films
(d) A babysitter
2. Where does Dave eventually find his wallet?
(a) On the dresser
(b) On top of the TV
(c) In the bathroom
(d) Under the couch
3. Where do Dave and Beth want to move to?
(a) New York
(b) Noth Carolina
(c) South Carolina
4. Where does Dave sleep in this chapter?
(a) A bus station
(b) The hospital
(c) His girlfriend's house
(d) A railway station
5. Why do Dave and Toph have to rush to the school open house?
(a) The car breaks down
(b) They get stuck in traffic
(c) Dave takes a nap
(d) They get locked out of the house
6. How does Dave secure the apartment he wants to move into?
(a) He gives the landlord his watch
(b) He takes the landlord out for dinner
(c) He pays a large deposit
(d) He pays a year's rent up front
7. What does the nurse suggest Dave uses to stop the bleeding?
(a) A cup of tea
(c) A towel
8. Why does Dave not have a job?
(a) He has just graduated
(b) He was fired
(c) He is disabled
(d) He is ill
9. What does Dave want to buy his mother for her birthday?
(a) A radio
(c) A TV
(d) A book
10. Where is Toph sleeping?
(a) On a rug
(b) In his bed
(c) On the couch
(d) On the kitchen floor
11. What is Kirsten looking for in this chapter?
(a) A new boyfriend
(b) A house
(c) A car
(d) A job
12. Where does Meredith agree to meet Dave?
(a) At a bar
(b) Outside her apartment
(c) At a restaurant
(d) In Mexico
13. Who carries Dave and Beth's mother to the car?
(d) Dave's father
14. What do Dave and Toph have to rush to in this chapter?
(a) A Little League game
(b) Toph's school open house
(c) A funeral
(d) A football game
15. What does Dave imagine the baby sitter doing to Toph?
(a) Kidnapping him
(b) Murdering him
(c) Selling him
(d) Abusing him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do before the girl can tell the story to anyone else?
2. What usually prompts Dave and Toph to tidy the house?
3. What kind of people are in the car Dave has to identify?
4. What does Dave decide to tell for the first time when a mother at Toph's school asks about his situation?
5. Who asks Dave about his situation?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)