|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Dave's mother's nose bleed be deadly?
(a) Ths bleeding lasts for hours
(b) Her sugar count is low
(c) She can choke on the blood
(d) Her blood count is low
2. What does Dave fear about the older woman he is dating?
(a) Gettng her pregnant
(b) Falling in love
(c) Telling a bad joke
(d) Seeing her naked
3. What did Dave's father die from?
(d) A brain tumor
4. What does Dave look for when he leaves the club?
(a) His car
(b) Female companionship
(c) A quiet bar
(d) His wallet
5. What does Dave want to join?
(a) Chess club
(b) A writing class
(c) Night school
(d) A gym
6. Who asks Dave about his situation?
(a) A father
(b) A mother
(c) A student
(d) A teacher
7. What is Dave struggling to decide in this chapter?
(a) Who to date
(b) What job to take
(c) Throwing his parents' things away
(d) Where to send Toph to school
8. Where do Dave and Toph eat their meals?
(a) In the dining room
(b) In front of the TV
(c) In the garden
(d) In their bedrooms
9. Where did Beth and Dave promise not to take their mother?
(b) New York
(d) A old people's home
10. Where does Dave insist the kids go with him in this chapter?
(a) To his apartment
(b) To the police station
(c) To his car
(d) To find a phone
11. What do Dave and his sibling live off?
(a) Bank loans
(b) Life insurance
(c) Kirsten's money
12. Where does Dave keep his parents belongings?
(a) In the attic
(b) In the basement
(c) In a shed
(d) In a storehouse
13. What does Dave's tragic story make him feel like?
(a) An adult
(b) A nobody
(c) A celebrity
(d) A child
14. What do the kids do when Dave calls the police?
(a) Pull a gun
(b) Tie him up
(c) Hit him
15. What does Dave's mother suffer from?
(b) Stomach cancer
(c) Bowel cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toph join in this chapter?
2. What do the kids help Dave do?
3. When did Dave graduate from college?
4. Where does Dave sleep in this chapter?
5. What is Dave struggling with in this chapter?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)