• Dave's mother, who suffers from stomach cancer, has a nose bleed.
• Dave's mother asks him to pinch her nose to help stop the bleeding. Dave crawls onto the back of the couch so he can hold the nose and watch television at the same time.
• Dave calls the nurse who sometimes comes to the house to care for their mother. The nurse suggests they try ice. Dave is holding ice to his mother's nose when his sister, Beth, arrives home.
• Beth informs Dave him she has talked their mother into going to the hospital.
• At the hospital later that night, Dave watches his mother sleep, thinking of all the things that have happened over the past few months.
• Dave's father told Beth and Dave that their mother was dying just a few months earlier. Dave's father also suffered from cancer but no one had expected he would...
This section contains 1,881 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)