|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruth Huff died, how many animals were in her house?
(b) 3 including King.
(c) 67 plus King.
2. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
(b) Taverns, theaters, or department stores.
3. Where did most people bury their animals, defying city codes?
(a) The field at the south end of town.
(b) Their back yards.
(c) The church graveyard.
(d) Tall Oaks campground.
4. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
(d) Julie Newman.
5. What did the Driftwood smell like to Zippy?
(a) Mold, Tile Cleaner, Mr. Clean.
(b) Fried foods -- especially fish.
(c) Basic truck, Old Spice, Lucky Strikes and gasoline.
(d) Cats and finger nail polish remover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Melinda win Fair Queen by default?
2. What few businesses did Mooreland have?
3. Who was chosen Fair Queen during the ceremony when Melinda ran?
4. Who did Zippy's mom listen to on the television every Sunday?
5. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was unavailable to buy at the drugstore in Mooreland? What is the irony of this situation?
2. What did Zippy want to be when she grew up? Why are these choices unique?
3. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
4. What did Zippy's dad use to keep the dogs barking all night when he was "dog-sitting?"
5. What were the expectations about Zippy training Speckles, the chicken?
6. What was Zippy's memory of the tornado that came to her school?
7. What was the only reason Melinda thought anyone would ever read a book about Mooreland, Indiana?
8. What do you think Doc Holiday really thought of Zippy?
9. Why did Zippy think about her did leaving everyday but not mentioning work?
10. How did Zippy envision getting ready and walking to church?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)