|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zippy's sister Melinda think nobody had written a book about Mooreland?
(a) Because no sane person would read it.
(b) Because a movie was already made about Mooreland.
(c) Because a short story was long enough.
(d) Because it would be stupid.
2. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
(a) A beautiful girl for a beautiful town.
(b) An old-fashioned girl with an old-fashioned smile.
(c) A midwestern beauty for a happy midwestern town.
(d) A pioneer woman with a pioneer spirit.
3. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
(d) Eighteen with one more built in the 1980s.
4. What stalling games did Zippy play to keep from leaving for church on time?
(a) "I Need to Brush my Teeth."
(b) I Need to Feed the Dog."
(c) "I Need Coffee Before Church."
(d) "I Can't Find my Other Shoe" and "I've Lost my Little Pink New Testament."
5. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
(a) She didn't know how.
(b) She didn't know English.
(c) She slurred all of her words and her voice was very low.
(d) Her brother hit her and knocked out her front teeth when she was little.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Zippy have in her bank when she opened it to get money to vote for her sister as Fair Queen?
2. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
3. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
4. What was Andy's most important talent?
5. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
2. What was Daniel's reaction when he broke the bathroom door and saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed?
3. How did Zippy's interviews go with her mother?
4. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
5. Who was Julie's voice and why?
6. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
7. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
8. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
9. Why did Zippy feel everything in her life changed when Dana moved to town?
10. What was Dana's life like at home?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)