|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which church did Zippy go to every Sunday with her mother?
(a) Catholic church.
(b) Quaker church.
(c) The Jewish Synagogue.
(d) Jehovah's Witness church.
2. What bordered the north and south ends of town in Mooreland?
(a) Street lights.
(b) A cemetery and a funeral home.
(d) The Baskin Robbins and a Macy's Department Store.
3. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
(a) Taverns, theaters, or department stores.
4. How did Zippy get her name?
(a) After a character on television who was on the Davy Crockett Show.
(b) After a little chimpanzee her dad saw roller-skating on television.
(c) After a Disney character.
(d) After the Zippy lighter fluid that her dad used in his lighter.
5. How much did Zippy have in her bank when she opened it to get money to vote for her sister as Fair Queen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
2. What did Zippy see her next door neighbor do with a chicken one morning before church?
3. What did Zippy's brother Daniel wear as a kid?
4. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
5. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zippy's dad use to keep the dogs barking all night when he was "dog-sitting?"
2. When Zippy asked her sister about the child with disabilities, how did her sister handle it? How did this show maturity in her sister?
3. What did it mean for Zippy to attend Julie's grandfather's funeral?
4. How did Kai check on everyone at bedtime?
5. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
6. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
7. Explain the cure for the illness Zippy had as a child. How does this information put the story in context for the year it occurred?
8. What was the only reason Melinda thought anyone would ever read a book about Mooreland, Indiana?
9. What do you think Doc Holiday really thought of Zippy?
10. How did the population of Mooreland, Indiana, stay at about three hundred?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)