|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Zippy have in her bank when she opened it to get money to vote for her sister as Fair Queen?
2. What did Zippy do with the last egg from her chicken?
(a) Ate it for breakfast.
(b) Buried it.
(c) Put it in the refrigerator until it dried up.
(d) Gave it to Julie.
3. When Daniel could not get into the bathroom one morning before school because Melinda was in there, what did he do?
(a) He got one of his dad's guns and threatened to shoot off the lock.
(b) He left and got ready in the school bathroom.
(c) He took the bathroom door off the hinges.
(d) When Melinda opened the door, he told her he would kill her if she ever did that again.
4. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
(a) Josie Terrance.
(b) Timmy Allen.
(c) Mr. Sticks.
(d) Minnie Hodson.
5. What was the name of the camper that belonged to Zippy's parents?
(b) The Teardrop.
(d) The Driftwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
2. How did Zippy's sister react to the news that Zippy's chicken was killed?
3. What did Zippy see her next door neighbor do with a chicken one morning before church?
4. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
5. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zippy's mother tell her about the green bag that she traded with the gypsies?
2. What were the expectations about Zippy training Speckles, the chicken?
3. Explain the cure for the illness Zippy had as a child. How does this information put the story in context for the year it occurred?
4. What do you think happened after Zippy's father confronted his neighbor Reed?
5. How did the population of Mooreland, Indiana, stay at about three hundred?
6. What was unavailable to buy at the drugstore in Mooreland? What is the irony of this situation?
7. What did Zippy's dad use to keep the dogs barking all night when he was "dog-sitting?"
8. By throwing the runt piglet on the pile of dead carcasses, what did Julie show Zippy that she knew?
9. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
10. How did the dog Kai protect Zippy when she was a child? What does this say about the general opinion of animals in this household?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)