|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Reed Ball threaten to do to Zippy's dogs if they didn't stop barking?
(a) Poison them.
(b) Steal them.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Let them out of their cages.
2. What was Zippy wearing in her second grade picture?
(a) A light pink dress with ruffles that she hated.
(b) A light-blue jumper her mother made.
(c) Her winter coat.
(d) Pants and a top.
3. What few businesses did Mooreland have?
(a) Betty's Department Store.
(b) Four Gas Stations.
(c) A Baskin Robbins.
(d) A gas station, a drugstore, and a diner.
4. What was Zippy asked to do for Andy's family when they went on vacation?
(a) Feed the cats.
(b) Dog-sit old Jiggers.
(c) Clean their house.
(d) Bring in the mail and newspapers.
5. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
(a) A Pixie.
(b) Curly and short.
(c) Wavy and long with bangs.
(d) A long wig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
2. What year did Melinda run for Fair Queen?
3. What was Rose's most important feature that would make her a good artist?
4. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
5. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
2. How did Zippy view the story about how Julie's parents met, married, and lost their daughter Connie?
3. What did it mean for Zippy to attend Julie's grandfather's funeral?
4. What do you think happened after Zippy's father confronted his neighbor Reed?
5. How did Zippy envision getting ready and walking to church?
6. What were the expectations about Zippy training Speckles, the chicken?
7. How did the population of Mooreland, Indiana, stay at about three hundred?
8. How did Zippy's dad's react to the teacher's comment that she colored outside the lines? Why do you think he reacted that way?
9. What did Zippy want to be when she grew up? Why are these choices unique?
10. Explain the cure for the illness Zippy had as a child. How does this information put the story in context for the year it occurred?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)