|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Reed Ball, Zippy's neighbor, sit all the time and watch her house?
(a) From a treehouse in his front yard.
(b) From a swing set in his back yard.
(c) The front porch.
(d) In his truck.
2. How often did Edyth wash her hair?
(a) Every day.
(b) Every week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a year.
3. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
(a) A Pixie.
(b) Wavy and long with bangs.
(c) Curly and short.
(d) A long wig.
4. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
(a) An old-fashioned girl with an old-fashioned smile.
(b) A midwestern beauty for a happy midwestern town.
(c) A pioneer woman with a pioneer spirit.
(d) A beautiful girl for a beautiful town.
5. What did Zippy's brother Daniel wear as a kid?
(a) A cowboy hat and boots.
(b) A coonskin hat like Davy Crockett.
(c) A leather jacket.
(d) A red shirt with no collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
2. What was Rose's most important feature that would make her a good artist?
3. What did Zippy's dad give the dogs to bark at when he kept the dogs on his front lawn?
4. What was Zippy wearing in her second grade picture?
5. What was Zippy's favorite campground?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the population of Mooreland, Indiana, stay at about three hundred?
2. What were the expectations about Zippy training Speckles, the chicken?
3. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
4. How did Kai check on everyone at bedtime?
5. What was Dana's life like at home?
6. What was Daniel's reaction when he broke the bathroom door and saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed?
7. When Zippy asked her sister about the child with disabilities, how did her sister handle it? How did this show maturity in her sister?
8. What did Zippy think of her father's belief in God after he took Zippy to his "church?"
9. What did Zippy's mom mean when she said usually "people aren't thinking about you at all"?
10. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)