|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died in the town of Mooreland when Zippy was born?
(a) The barber Tony.
(c) Zippy's father.
(d) The druggist.
2. Where did most people bury their animals, defying city codes?
(a) Their back yards.
(b) The church graveyard.
(c) Tall Oaks campground.
(d) The field at the south end of town.
3. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
(a) Curly and short.
(b) A Pixie.
(c) Wavy and long with bangs.
(d) A long wig.
4. What was Zippy wearing in her second grade picture?
(a) A light-blue jumper her mother made.
(b) Pants and a top.
(c) Her winter coat.
(d) A light pink dress with ruffles that she hated.
5. Who owned the drugstore in town?
(a) Mr. Blandings.
(b) Mr. Sterling.
(d) Doc Holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy's mom tell her she traded to get her from the gypsies?
2. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
3. How did Zippy get her name?
4. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
5. Which church did Zippy go to every Sunday with her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did it mean for Zippy to attend Julie's grandfather's funeral?
2. What were the expectations about Zippy training Speckles, the chicken?
3. When Zippy asked her sister about the child with disabilities, how did her sister handle it? How did this show maturity in her sister?
4. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
5. By throwing the runt piglet on the pile of dead carcasses, what did Julie show Zippy that she knew?
6. What was Zippy's memory of the tornado that came to her school?
7. What did Zippy want to be when she grew up? Why are these choices unique?
8. Why do you think Zippy's mom was absent during the night of the "dog-sitting?"
9. What was unavailable to buy at the drugstore in Mooreland? What is the irony of this situation?
10. How did Zippy's dad's react to the teacher's comment that she colored outside the lines? Why do you think he reacted that way?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)