|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did most people bury their animals, defying city codes?
(a) The field at the south end of town.
(b) Tall Oaks campground.
(c) Their back yards.
(d) The church graveyard.
2. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
(a) Zippy stole something from Julie's house.
(b) Julie's mom appeared to like Zippy better than Julie.
(c) Zippy told Julie that she'd never liked her grandfather.
(d) Zippy told Julie she was sorry about the death of her grandpa.
3. What year did Melinda run for Fair Queen?
4. What did the mud room at Big Dave and Debbie's house hold?
(a) Just a coat hanger.
(b) Two deep freezers and four or five saddles on saw horses.
(c) A small place for boots.
(d) The telephone.
5. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
(a) North of Epileptic City.
(b) North of New Castle and east of Epileptic Village.
(c) East of Wichita.
(d) South of New Manchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the town drugstore owner wear?
2. When Daniel saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed after he'd been waiting to get into the bathroom, what did he do to Melinda?
3. Who did Zippy's mom listen to on the television every Sunday?
4. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
5. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zippy's mother tell her about the green bag that she traded with the gypsies?
2. Why was it important to Zippy that her sister win the Fair Queen in 1972?
3. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
4. What do you think Doc Holiday really thought of Zippy?
5. Why was Zippy so emotional when Andy sang "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" at Jigger's funeral?
6. How did the dog Kai protect Zippy when she was a child? What does this say about the general opinion of animals in this household?
7. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
8. Why did Zippy's neighbor Reed threaten to kill her dogs?
9. Why do you think Zippy's mom was absent during the night of the "dog-sitting?"
10. Why did Zippy think about her did leaving everyday but not mentioning work?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)