|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
(a) She wore a big ruby ring on her middle finger.
(b) She knew how to swing really hard.
(c) She raised the knuckle of her middle finger.
(d) She knew where to hit that it would really hurt.
2. What did Petey's rabbit do to Zippy?
(a) Looked in her eyes.
(b) Wiggled out of her hold.
(c) Ran away from her.
(d) Bit her.
3. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
(a) She slurred all of her words and her voice was very low.
(b) She didn't know how.
(c) Her brother hit her and knocked out her front teeth when she was little.
(d) She didn't know English.
4. How did Zippy's mom refer to Zippy's birth?
(a) As "A warm day, too hot to think."
(b) As "On Melinda's birthday."
(c) As "an afterthought."
(d) As "Our little surprise."
5. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
(a) Bing Crosby.
(b) "Theme from a Summer Place."
(c) "I Want to Hold your Hand."
(d) Tony Bennett.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many churches were in Mooreland?
2. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
3. What was the name of the camper that belonged to Zippy's parents?
4. What divided the kitchen from the den in Zippy's house?
5. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
Short Essay Questions
1. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
2. How did Zippy envision getting ready and walking to church?
3. How did Zippy's interviews go with her mother?
4. How did Zippy's dad's react to the teacher's comment that she colored outside the lines? Why do you think he reacted that way?
5. By throwing the runt piglet on the pile of dead carcasses, what did Julie show Zippy that she knew?
6. How did the dog Kai protect Zippy when she was a child? What does this say about the general opinion of animals in this household?
7. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
8. What did Zippy's dad use to keep the dogs barking all night when he was "dog-sitting?"
9. Why was Zippy so emotional when Andy sang "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" at Jigger's funeral?
10. Why was it important to Zippy that her sister win the Fair Queen in 1972?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)