|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did most people in Mooreland take their vacations during Zippy's childhood?
(a) At Christmas.
(b) Over Halloween.
(c) During fair week.
(d) At Easter.
2. How far away is New Castle from Mooreland?
(a) 120 miles.
(b) 16 miles.
(c) 500 miles.
(d) About 10 miles.
3. What bordered the north and south ends of town in Mooreland?
(a) The Baskin Robbins and a Macy's Department Store.
(c) Street lights.
(d) A cemetery and a funeral home.
4. What was the name of the camper that belonged to Zippy's parents?
(a) The Driftwood.
(b) The Teardrop.
5. What color was Kia's mother?
(a) Charcol Grey.
(b) Snow white.
(c) Dark black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy learn from the T.V. show Marcus Welby, M.D. that would kill her dad?
2. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
3. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
4. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
5. In 1940, what was the population of Mooreland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
2. How did the dog Kai protect Zippy when she was a child? What does this say about the general opinion of animals in this household?
3. How did the population of Mooreland, Indiana, stay at about three hundred?
4. Why did Zippy think about her did leaving everyday but not mentioning work?
5. What do you think happened after Zippy's father confronted his neighbor Reed?
6. What did it mean for Zippy to attend Julie's grandfather's funeral?
7. By throwing the runt piglet on the pile of dead carcasses, what did Julie show Zippy that she knew?
8. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
9. What was Daniel's reaction when he broke the bathroom door and saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed?
10. What was Zippy's memory of the tornado that came to her school?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)