Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
(a) He had to apologize to Melinda.
(b) He had to help his dad put the door back on the hinges.
(c) He had to let Melinda ride to school in his car every morning for a week.
(d) He was grounded for a whole month.
2. How much, according to Zippy, did the hoods of Chevrolet vehicles weigh?
(a) Just a few pounds.
(b) The same as a small ship.
(c) Approximately 3000 pounds.
(d) 50 tons.
3. What year did Melinda run for Fair Queen?
4. What few businesses did Mooreland have?
(a) A Baskin Robbins.
(b) Betty's Department Store.
(c) A gas station, a drugstore, and a diner.
(d) Four Gas Stations.
5. Who owned the drugstore in town?
(a) Mr. Sterling.
(c) Mr. Blandings.
(d) Doc Holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
2. What television actor was Zippy deeply and tragically in love with?
3. What color was Kia's mother?
4. What was the name of the camper that belonged to Zippy's parents?
5. Who did Zippy's mom listen to on the television every Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
2. Describe the Jarvis's Christmas tree? What does it indicate about their family?
3. How did Kai check on everyone at bedtime?
4. Why did Zippy think about her did leaving everyday but not mentioning work?
5. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
6. Who was Julie's voice and why?
7. What instrument did Zippy what to play and why was it not accepted by the music teacher?
8. Explain the cure for the illness Zippy had as a child. How does this information put the story in context for the year it occurred?
9. How did Zippy view the story about how Julie's parents met, married, and lost their daughter Connie?
10. Why did Robert Frost's poem mean so much to Zippy?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)