|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
(a) "Theme from a Summer Place."
(b) Tony Bennett.
(c) Bing Crosby.
(d) "I Want to Hold your Hand."
2. How much, according to Zippy, did the hoods of Chevrolet vehicles weigh?
(a) The same as a small ship.
(b) 50 tons.
(c) Approximately 3000 pounds.
(d) Just a few pounds.
3. Who was chosen Fair Queen during the ceremony when Melinda ran?
4. How far away is New Castle from Mooreland?
(a) 120 miles.
(b) About 10 miles.
(c) 16 miles.
(d) 500 miles.
5. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
(b) MoonPie and a Pepsi.
(c) Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
(d) Cream cheese on rye bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy's mom call her when she jumped down stairs, skipping every other one?
2. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
3. What did the mud room at Big Dave and Debbie's house hold?
4. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
5. What did Zippy learn from the T.V. show Marcus Welby, M.D. that would kill her dad?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Zippy asked her sister about the child with disabilities, how did her sister handle it? How did this show maturity in her sister?
2. How did Zippy envision getting ready and walking to church?
3. What do you think happened after Zippy's father confronted his neighbor Reed?
4. Explain the cure for the illness Zippy had as a child. How does this information put the story in context for the year it occurred?
5. How did Kai check on everyone at bedtime?
6. How did the population of Mooreland, Indiana, stay at about three hundred?
7. Who was Julie's voice and why?
8. Why was Zippy so emotional when Andy sang "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" at Jigger's funeral?
9. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
10. What was unavailable to buy at the drugstore in Mooreland? What is the irony of this situation?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)