|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Julie's dad gather from his truck every night when he came home?
(a) His briefcase, and his cigarettes.
(b) His money clip and his lighter.
(c) His bowling ball and his gun.
(d) His wallet, his lighter, and his gun.
2. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
(c) Taverns, theaters, or department stores.
3. Why did Julie's punches hurt so much?
(a) She knew how to swing really hard.
(b) She knew where to hit that it would really hurt.
(c) She wore a big ruby ring on her middle finger.
(d) She raised the knuckle of her middle finger.
4. What few businesses did Mooreland have?
(a) Betty's Department Store.
(b) Four Gas Stations.
(c) A gas station, a drugstore, and a diner.
(d) A Baskin Robbins.
5. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
(a) He had to help his dad put the door back on the hinges.
(b) He had to let Melinda ride to school in his car every morning for a week.
(c) He had to apologize to Melinda.
(d) He was grounded for a whole month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did dinner at Big Dave and Debbie's house always involve?
2. What was Zippy's favorite campground?
3. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
4. Who owned the drugstore in town?
5. What did Zippy's mom call her when she jumped down stairs, skipping every other one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Zippy so emotional when Andy sang "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" at Jigger's funeral?
2. Why do you think Zippy's mom was absent during the night of the "dog-sitting?"
3. What do you think Doc Holiday really thought of Zippy?
4. Who was Julie's voice and why?
5. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
6. What does Zippy's mother tell her about the green bag that she traded with the gypsies?
7. How did Zippy view the story about how Julie's parents met, married, and lost their daughter Connie?
8. What did Zippy want to be when she grew up? Why are these choices unique?
9. What was unavailable to buy at the drugstore in Mooreland? What is the irony of this situation?
10. How did Zippy's interviews go with her mother?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)