|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy's dad give the dogs to bark at when he kept the dogs on his front lawn?
(a) A skunk.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A racoon.
2. How did Zippy's mom refer to Zippy's birth?
(a) As "Our little surprise."
(b) As "an afterthought."
(c) As "On Melinda's birthday."
(d) As "A warm day, too hot to think."
3. How far away is New Castle from Mooreland?
(a) 16 miles.
(b) About 10 miles.
(c) 120 miles.
(d) 500 miles.
4. In 1940, what was the population of Mooreland?
(a) About 300 people.
(b) A million people.
(c) 2000 people.
(d) 600 people.
5. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
(a) It usually died after a week or two.
(b) It was nursed to health.
(c) It was thrown on the dead baby pig pile.
(d) It joined the litter of other piglets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
2. How did Zippy's sister react to the news that Zippy's chicken was killed?
3. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
4. What did Zippy's mom tell her she traded to get her from the gypsies?
5. What grade was Julie's sister in when she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
2. By throwing the runt piglet on the pile of dead carcasses, what did Julie show Zippy that she knew?
3. What was Daniel's reaction when he broke the bathroom door and saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed?
4. What was the only reason Melinda thought anyone would ever read a book about Mooreland, Indiana?
5. How did the population of Mooreland, Indiana, stay at about three hundred?
6. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
7. Who was Julie's voice and why?
8. How did Zippy's dad's react to the teacher's comment that she colored outside the lines? Why do you think he reacted that way?
9. What did it mean for Zippy to attend Julie's grandfather's funeral?
10. What were the expectations about Zippy training Speckles, the chicken?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)