|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Zippy's cat's name that she thought she'd lost forever but later found inside Petey's house?
(b) It had no name.
2. What was the one main street in Mooreland when Zippy's family lived there?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Jefferson Street.
(c) Cracow Ave.
(d) Broad Street.
3. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
(a) A beautiful girl for a beautiful town.
(b) A midwestern beauty for a happy midwestern town.
(c) A pioneer woman with a pioneer spirit.
(d) An old-fashioned girl with an old-fashioned smile.
4. What color was Kia's mother?
(a) Charcol Grey.
(b) Snow white.
(c) Dark black.
5. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
(c) Julie Newman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zippy get her name?
2. Who signed the official, lifetime certificate making Zippy a member of the Mafia?
3. When Ruth Huff died, how many animals were in her house?
4. What was Andy's most important talent?
5. How did Zippy's sister react to the news that Zippy's chicken was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zippy's neighbor Reed threaten to kill her dogs?
2. How did Zippy's dad's react to the teacher's comment that she colored outside the lines? Why do you think he reacted that way?
3. What do you think Doc Holiday really thought of Zippy?
4. What did Zippy's dad use to keep the dogs barking all night when he was "dog-sitting?"
5. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
6. How did the population of Mooreland, Indiana, stay at about three hundred?
7. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
8. What were the expectations about Zippy training Speckles, the chicken?
9. What does Zippy's mother tell her about the green bag that she traded with the gypsies?
10. What was Daniel's reaction when he broke the bathroom door and saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)