|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
(a) Josie Terrance.
(b) Minnie Hodson.
(c) Mr. Sticks.
(d) Timmy Allen.
2. What television actor was Zippy deeply and tragically in love with?
(b) Marcus Welby, M.D.
(c) Telly Savalas.
(d) Darren from Bewitched.
3. What was Andy's most important talent?
(a) He could sing.
(b) He could whistle.
(c) He could catch a skunk.
(d) He could fire a gun.
4. What was the name of Zippy's rooster?
5. When Zippy's dad gathered all his friends hunting dogs on his front lawn one night, what did he say he was doing?
(b) Going fishing.
(c) Watching for burglers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy learn from the T.V. show Marcus Welby, M.D. that would kill her dad?
2. How many four-way stops did the town of Mooreland have?
3. Where is the town of Mooreland, Indiana, located?
4. What did the Driftwood smell like to Zippy?
5. What was Daniel's punishment for what he did to Melinda when she locked him out of the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
2. Why do you think Zippy's mom was absent during the night of the "dog-sitting?"
3. Why did Zippy think about her did leaving everyday but not mentioning work?
4. How did Zippy envision getting ready and walking to church?
5. How did Zippy's dad's react to the teacher's comment that she colored outside the lines? Why do you think he reacted that way?
6. What do you think happened after Zippy's father confronted his neighbor Reed?
7. What was unavailable to buy at the drugstore in Mooreland? What is the irony of this situation?
8. What was Zippy's memory of the tornado that came to her school?
9. Why was Zippy so emotional when Andy sang "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" at Jigger's funeral?
10. What do you think Doc Holiday really thought of Zippy?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)