|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Zippy's mom listen to on the television every Sunday?
(a) Gracie Allen.
(b) Batsell Barrett Baxter.
(c) Betty White.
(d) The Lone Ranger.
2. What did Zippy's mom call her when she jumped down stairs, skipping every other one?
(a) Chuck the Bouncing Monster.
(c) A herd of Elephants.
(d) The Ballerina.
3. What did Zippy's dad give the dogs to bark at when he kept the dogs on his front lawn?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A racoon.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A rabbit.
4. What played on the record player when Zippy's dad taught her to dance the box step?
(a) "I Want to Hold your Hand."
(b) "Theme from a Summer Place."
(c) Bing Crosby.
(d) Tony Bennett.
5. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
(a) He played a card game with Zippy to cheer her up.
(b) He chuckled.
(c) He left the house with a .357 Magnum.
(d) He sat down and ate dinner without a word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What divided the kitchen from the den in Zippy's house?
2. What did Zippy's brother Daniel wear as a kid?
3. How did Zippy's mom refer to Zippy's birth?
4. When Daniel could not get into the bathroom one morning before school because Melinda was in there, what did he do?
5. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy's interviews go with her mother?
2. How did Zippy view the story about how Julie's parents met, married, and lost their daughter Connie?
3. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
4. How did the population of Mooreland, Indiana, stay at about three hundred?
5. What does Zippy's mother tell her about the green bag that she traded with the gypsies?
6. Explain the cure for the illness Zippy had as a child. How does this information put the story in context for the year it occurred?
7. What was Daniel's reaction when he broke the bathroom door and saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed?
8. Who was Julie's voice and why?
9. What did Zippy's dad use to keep the dogs barking all night when he was "dog-sitting?"
10. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)