|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the banty hen Zippy had?
2. What was Petey Scroggs known for?
(a) He could ride his bike without holding on to the handlebars.
(b) He could sing like an angel.
(c) His cruel treatment of animals.
(d) He could mix a chocolate Coke.
3. What year did Melinda run for Fair Queen?
4. When Daniel could not get into the bathroom one morning before school because Melinda was in there, what did he do?
(a) He took the bathroom door off the hinges.
(b) When Melinda opened the door, he told her he would kill her if she ever did that again.
(c) He got one of his dad's guns and threatened to shoot off the lock.
(d) He left and got ready in the school bathroom.
5. What was the one main street in Mooreland when Zippy's family lived there?
(a) Cracow Ave.
(b) Broad Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Jefferson Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zippy's sister react to the news that Zippy's chicken was killed?
2. What stalling games did Zippy play to keep from leaving for church on time?
3. Who did Zippy's mom listen to on the television every Sunday?
4. Who owned the drugstore in town?
5. What was Zippy's favorite campground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zippy's neighbor Reed threaten to kill her dogs?
2. How did Zippy view the story about how Julie's parents met, married, and lost their daughter Connie?
3. What were Zippy's thoughts about a single moment?
4. What did Zippy's dad use to keep the dogs barking all night when he was "dog-sitting?"
5. How did Polly's brother connect Mooreland to the rest of the world for the reader?
6. What was Daniel's reaction when he broke the bathroom door and saw Melinda sitting on the edge of the tub fully dressed?
7. How did Zippy describe the doorknobs in her parent's bedroom getting stuck together?
8. What was Zippy's view of Jesus? How did she feel about him? What did she think of the portrait that hung in her house?
9. What did it mean for Zippy to attend Julie's grandfather's funeral?
10. What did Zippy mean when her mother rode off on her bike and Zippy thought, "It won't be long now."
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)