|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died in the town of Mooreland when Zippy was born?
(a) The druggist.
(c) Zippy's father.
(d) The barber Tony.
2. Where did Reed Ball, Zippy's neighbor, sit all the time and watch her house?
(a) From a treehouse in his front yard.
(b) In his truck.
(c) From a swing set in his back yard.
(d) The front porch.
3. Who lived next door to Zippy with a dog named Lucky?
(a) Mr. Sticks.
(b) Minnie Hodson.
(c) Timmy Allen.
(d) Josie Terrance.
4. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
(a) Julie's mom appeared to like Zippy better than Julie.
(b) Zippy told Julie she was sorry about the death of her grandpa.
(c) Zippy told Julie that she'd never liked her grandfather.
(d) Zippy stole something from Julie's house.
5. What was the name of the camper that belonged to Zippy's parents?
(c) The Teardrop.
(d) The Driftwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rose's most important feature that would make her a good artist?
2. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
3. How often did Edyth wash her hair?
4. What did Petey's rabbit do to Zippy?
5. What was Ruth Huff's collie's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zippy envision getting ready and walking to church?
2. What was Zippy's memory of the tornado that came to her school?
3. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
4. How did Zippy view cleaning and parenting?
5. Why was Zippy so stunned by the question Melinda asks about their father: "Is he drinking?"
6. What was the Danny's most prominent characteristic according to Zippy?
7. Why did Zippy's mother tell Zippy she believed in God because she had to?
8. What was the ultimate reason Zippy did not get the presents she wanted for Christmas?
9. When Zippy asked her sister about the child with disabilities, how did her sister handle it? How did this show maturity in her sister?
10. How did Zippy confuse the Great Depression with the depression her mother suffered from?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)