|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the mud room at Big Dave and Debbie's house hold?
(a) The telephone.
(b) Just a coat hanger.
(c) A small place for boots.
(d) Two deep freezers and four or five saddles on saw horses.
2. What did Zippy's brother Daniel wear as a kid?
(a) A leather jacket.
(b) A cowboy hat and boots.
(c) A coonskin hat like Davy Crockett.
(d) A red shirt with no collar.
3. What color was Kia's mother?
(b) Snow white.
(c) Charcol Grey.
(d) Dark black.
4. What did Zippy learn from the T.V. show Marcus Welby, M.D. that would kill her dad?
(a) Drinking too much beer.
(b) Giving up coffee.
(c) Eating red meat.
5. What was Julie's favorite lunch?
(a) MoonPie and a Pepsi.
(b) Cream cheese on rye bread.
(d) Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much, according to Zippy, did the hoods of Chevrolet vehicles weigh?
2. What bordered the north and south ends of town in Mooreland?
3. What year did Melinda run for Fair Queen?
4. What was Navajo?
5. What kind of haircut was Zippy's favorite when she was little?
Short Essay Questions
1. By throwing the runt piglet on the pile of dead carcasses, what did Julie show Zippy that she knew?
2. Why was it important to Zippy that her sister win the Fair Queen in 1972?
3. Explain the cure for the illness Zippy had as a child. How does this information put the story in context for the year it occurred?
4. Why did Zippy think about her did leaving everyday but not mentioning work?
5. What did Zippy want to be when she grew up? Why are these choices unique?
6. Who was Julie's voice and why?
7. How did Zippy's dad's react to the teacher's comment that she colored outside the lines? Why do you think he reacted that way?
8. What do you think happened after Zippy's father confronted his neighbor Reed?
9. How did the dog Kai protect Zippy when she was a child? What does this say about the general opinion of animals in this household?
10. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)