|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much, according to Zippy, did the hoods of Chevrolet vehicles weigh?
(a) The same as a small ship.
(b) Just a few pounds.
(c) Approximately 3000 pounds.
(d) 50 tons.
2. What stalling games did Zippy play to keep from leaving for church on time?
(a) "I Can't Find my Other Shoe" and "I've Lost my Little Pink New Testament."
(b) I Need to Feed the Dog."
(c) "I Need to Brush my Teeth."
(d) "I Need Coffee Before Church."
3. What was Ruth Huff's collie's name?
4. What year did Melinda run for Fair Queen?
5. Which friend of Zippy's had red hair?
(b) Julie Newman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
2. How did Zippy get her name?
3. What did Mooreland NOT have that New Castle did have?
4. What was Zippy asked to do for Andy's family when they went on vacation?
5. What was Zippy's favorite campground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Zippy's mom was absent during the night of the "dog-sitting?"
2. How did Kai check on everyone at bedtime?
3. Who was Julie's voice and why?
4. What did it mean for Zippy to attend Julie's grandfather's funeral?
5. What deal did Zippy and her dad reach about the pink Bible?
6. What does Zippy's mother tell her about the green bag that she traded with the gypsies?
7. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
8. Why was it important to Zippy that her sister win the Fair Queen in 1972?
9. What was the only reason Melinda thought anyone would ever read a book about Mooreland, Indiana?
10. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)