Short Essay Questions
1. How did the population of Mooreland, Indiana, stay at about three hundred?
2. What was the only reason Melinda thought anyone would ever read a book about Mooreland, Indiana?
3. What was unavailable to buy at the drugstore in Mooreland? What is the irony of this situation?
4. How, as a baby, did Zippy take a nap? What does this story indicate to the reader?
5. How did Zippy get her name? Why did the nickname stick?
6. Explain the cure for the illness Zippy had as a child. How does this information put the story in context for the year it occurred?
7. What did Zippy want to be when she grew up? Why are these choices unique?
8. How did the dog Kai protect Zippy when she was a child? What does this say about the general opinion of animals in this household?
9. How did Kai check on everyone at bedtime?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)