|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lion, Qualities of Light, or Disasters Involving Animals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the mud room at Big Dave and Debbie's house hold?
(a) A small place for boots.
(b) The telephone.
(c) Two deep freezers and four or five saddles on saw horses.
(d) Just a coat hanger.
2. How did Zippy get her name?
(a) After a Disney character.
(b) After a little chimpanzee her dad saw roller-skating on television.
(c) After a character on television who was on the Davy Crockett Show.
(d) After the Zippy lighter fluid that her dad used in his lighter.
3. What happened at Big Dave and Debbie's house when a runt pig was born?
(a) It was thrown on the dead baby pig pile.
(b) It was nursed to health.
(c) It usually died after a week or two.
(d) It joined the litter of other piglets.
4. What bordered the north and south ends of town in Mooreland?
(a) Street lights.
(b) The Baskin Robbins and a Macy's Department Store.
(c) A cemetery and a funeral home.
5. Why did Zippy's sister Melinda think nobody had written a book about Mooreland?
(a) Because a short story was long enough.
(b) Because a movie was already made about Mooreland.
(c) Because no sane person would read it.
(d) Because it would be stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to the author, is there so little information about Mooreland during the 60s and 70s?
2. What was the name of Zippy's rooster?
3. What saved Zippy's life when she got a staph infection in her ear?
4. How far away is New Castle from Mooreland?
5. Which church was in the middle of town?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)