|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chance, A Short List of Things My Father Lost Gambling, The World of Ideas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy's father lose gambling that belonged to her and only her?
(a) Zippy's bracelet.
(b) A twenty-five dollar savings bond.
(c) A ruby ring.
(d) A dresser from Zippy's room.
2. Who, according to Zippy, was bigger and meaner than the Mafia?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(c) The Church of Christ.
(d) Salvation Army.
3. What was Navajo?
(a) The priest at the Catholic church.
(b) The only American Indian in town.
(c) The man who owned the Diner.
(d) Dave Newman's most beloved horse.
4. What did Reed Ball threaten to do to Zippy's dogs if they didn't stop barking?
(a) Steal them.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Poison them.
(d) Let them out of their cages.
5. What did Zippy do with the last egg from her chicken?
(a) Gave it to Julie.
(b) Ate it for breakfast.
(c) Buried it.
(d) Put it in the refrigerator until it dried up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mildred do when she heard that smoking was bad for her health?
2. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
3. Why, according to Zippy's mom, did she and Zippy's father go to visit the gypsies one night?
4. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
5. What was the name of the horse that Zippy's dad kept in the shed?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)