|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chance, A Short List of Things My Father Lost Gambling, The World of Ideas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to Zippy, was bigger and meaner than the Mafia?
(a) Salvation Army.
(b) Her brother.
(c) The Church of Christ.
(d) Jehovah's Witnesses.
2. How much did it cost to vote for the Fair Queen?
(a) A quarter.
(b) It didn't cost any money to vote.
(c) A penny.
(d) A dollar.
3. What divided the kitchen from the den in Zippy's house?
(a) The formal dining room.
(b) The study.
(c) The breakfast bar.
(d) The living room.
4. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
(a) Her brother hit her and knocked out her front teeth when she was little.
(b) She slurred all of her words and her voice was very low.
(c) She didn't know how.
(d) She didn't know English.
5. Who was chosen Fair Queen during the ceremony when Melinda ran?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zippy learn from the T.V. show Marcus Welby, M.D. that would kill her dad?
2. At Jiggers funeral, what song did Andy sing?
3. Why did Julie hit Zippy in the stomach?
4. What was the slogan for Melinda in the Fair Parade when she rode in the convertible?
5. When Ruth Huff died, how many animals were in her house?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)