|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chance, A Short List of Things My Father Lost Gambling, The World of Ideas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zippy's father lose gambling that belonged to her and only her?
(a) A ruby ring.
(b) A twenty-five dollar savings bond.
(c) Zippy's bracelet.
(d) A dresser from Zippy's room.
2. What was Zippy's father's reaction to her chicken being killed?
(a) He chuckled.
(b) He left the house with a .357 Magnum.
(c) He played a card game with Zippy to cheer her up.
(d) He sat down and ate dinner without a word.
3. What did Zippy's father's have everywhere he went?
(a) A whittling knife.
(b) His cellphone.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A Bible.
4. What was Ruth Huff's collie's name?
5. What did Zippy call her most beloved blanket?
(b) The doggy bed.
(c) My Shirley Quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Melinda win Fair Queen by default?
2. At Jiggers funeral, what song did Andy sing?
3. Why, according to Zippy's mom, did she and Zippy's father go to visit the gypsies one night?
4. How much did Zippy have in her bank when she opened it to get money to vote for her sister as Fair Queen?
5. Why did Julie, Zippy's friend, not talk?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)