|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Nhamo spend most of her time after hearing that Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
2. What is the name of the cousin that Nhamo becomes close with after moving in with her father's family?
3. About what does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph?
4. Who does Musuku want Nhamo to contact after her ceremony with Baba Joseph?
5. To whom does Nhamo tell her story at her family's house?
Essay Topic 1
Acceptance is a strong theme in this book. Which characters present this theme, and how does it affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships, and how do their inclusion in this book affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is a prevalent literary device used by the author. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)