|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Nhamo so listless as she works on her boat?
2. What does the wasp do after killing something in front of Nhamo?
3. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
4. Who protects Nhamo when she is chased after seeing the family?
5. In what form do the njuzu come?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pursuit of happiness is a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embody this theme, and how does that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Nancy Farmer have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Edina is a minor character in this book who makes a huge impact on the plot. How does she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)