|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family?
(a) Sister Martha.
(b) Sister Gina.
(c) Sister Gladys.
(d) Sister Mary.
2. What kind of carcass does Nhamo find after leaving the cave?
3. What is the first vehicle Nhamo sees?
(a) A motor boat.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A jeep.
4. What does Nhamo do to comfort her cousin who gets teased?
(a) Plays a game.
(b) Sings a song.
(c) Tells a story.
(d) Makes some food.
5. What does Baba Joseph do with Nhamo's panga?
(a) Paints it.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Cracks it.
(d) Burns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Nhamo sees when she wakes up?
2. Where does Nhamo get the idea to plug the holes in the boat?
3. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
4. What does the nganga give Nhamo to prove her parentage?
5. How is Nhamo injured after she attacks Dr. Van Heerden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the nganga say after hearing Nhamo's story?
2. What does Nhamo do just after her jar of possessions is ruined?
3. Why did Nhamo take such a strong liking to Dr. Masuku?
4. What happens in Nhamo's story about the farmer and the baboons?
5. What happens when a baboon gets onto Nhamo's platform?
6. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
7. Where is Nhamo's father?
8. What does Nhamo hear about her village in a letter, and how does this make her feel?
9. What story does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph, and how does he respond to this?
10. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)