|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nganga give Nhamo to prove her parentage?
(a) A written letter of approval.
(b) A picture.
(c) Her parent's wedding license.
(d) Her father's birth certificate.
2. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
(a) She tells them she is from another country.
(b) She talks about her fondness for the baboons.
(c) She mentions that she talks to spirits.
(d) She tells them the leopard is tracking her.
3. What makes Nhamo so listless as she works on her boat?
4. Who does the woman in the margarine ad look like?
(a) Nhamo's grandmother.
5. What is Efifi?
(a) A college.
(b) A church.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A science research center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wasp do after killing something in front of Nhamo?
2. What is the name of the cousin that Nhamo becomes close with after moving in with her father's family?
3. With whom does Nhamo spend most of her time after hearing that Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
4. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Nhamo learns while at Efifi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nhamo take such a strong liking to Dr. Masuku?
2. What does Dr. Masuku say when Nhamo moves in with her father's family?
3. What story does Nhamo tell Clever to cheer him up?
4. How does Nhamo decide to avoid landmines as she continues her journey to Zimbabwe?
5. What does Nhamo hear in a haze one day, and how does this affect her?
6. Where is Nhamo's father?
7. How is Nhamo protected when she is chased after being seen by the white family, and how does she feel about this?
8. What does the nganga say after hearing Nhamo's story?
9. What does Nhamo hear about her village in a letter, and how does this make her feel?
10. Why does the nganga think the leopard appeared to Nhamo?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)