|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farmer in Nhamo's story do to get back at the baboons?
(a) Takes their food.
(b) Poisons the waterhole.
(c) Kidnaps their leader.
(d) Digs a pit.
2. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
(a) A hornet.
(b) Another wasp.
(c) A spider.
(d) A mouse.
3. How is Nhamo injured after she attacks Dr. Van Heerden?
(a) Her head is bruised.
(b) Her hand is cut.
(c) Her ankle is sprained.
(d) Her wrist is broken.
4. What kind of animal does Nhamo think lives in the cave with the tree?
5. What are the people at Efifi trying to kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree does Nhamo find in a cave?
2. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
3. Whom does Nhamo ask about the ceremony Baba Joseph did on her?
4. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
5. To whom does Nhamo tell her story at her family's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo do when she sees the first signs of the rainy season, and why?
2. Why does the nganga think the leopard appeared to Nhamo?
3. What happens when Nhamo is seen by the white family?
4. What story does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph, and how does he respond to this?
5. What does Nhamo watch a wasp do, and what does she think of this?
6. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
7. What happens when a baboon gets onto Nhamo's platform?
8. What does Dr. Masuku say when Nhamo moves in with her father's family?
9. What are the people at Efifi doing?
10. What kinds of civilized things does Nhamo learn while she is at Efifi?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)