|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Musuku want Nhamo to contact after her ceremony with Baba Joseph?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A school.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her family.
2. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
(a) She is disbelieving.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is surprised.
3. What kind of animal does Nhamo think lives in the cave with the tree?
4. Why do the baboons in Nhamo's play a prank on the farmer?
(a) The baboons think he killed their leader.
(b) The farmer does not share his food.
(c) The farmer took their land.
(d) The baboons want his hut.
5. What does Baba Joseph do with Nhamo's panga?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Cracks it.
(c) Paints it.
(d) Buries it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Nhamo learns while at Efifi?
2. Who does the woman in the margarine ad look like?
3. What does the bright light Nhamo sees turn out to be?
4. Who protects Nhamo when she is chased after seeing the family?
5. Why does Dr. Van Heerden not go with Nhamo the first time she approaches the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nhamo protected when she is chased after being seen by the white family, and how does she feel about this?
2. What happens when a baboon gets onto Nhamo's platform?
3. What does Nhamo realize when she sees the margarine advertisement again?
4. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
5. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
6. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
7. What does Nhamo hear in a haze one day, and how does this affect her?
8. What kinds of civilized things does Nhamo learn while she is at Efifi?
9. Of the staff at Efifi, who likes Nhamo the most of the staff, and why?
10. Why did Nhamo take such a strong liking to Dr. Masuku?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)