|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the roar of the leopard remind Nhamo of?
(a) The carcass she ate.
(b) The totem animal of her father.
(c) The day her mother died.
(d) The urgency of her departure.
2. What does the wasp do after killing something in front of Nhamo?
(b) Eats his prize.
(c) Flies away.
(d) Lays some eggs.
3. Whom does Nhamo ask about the ceremony Baba Joseph did on her?
(a) Baba Joseph.
(d) Van Heerden.
4. What does Nhamo do when she sees her doctor for the first time?
(d) Throws something at him.
5. What is destroyed when a baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(a) Half of her meat supply.
(b) The magazine cover.
(c) The knife.
(d) Her clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Nhamo and the nganga related?
2. Why does Dr. Van Heerden interrupt Baba Joseph when he is trying to cure Nhamo?
3. About what does Baba Joseph tell Nhamo a story?
4. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
5. What does Nhamo like to do when she is around the adults at Efifi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nhamo decide to avoid landmines as she continues her journey to Zimbabwe?
2. What does Nhamo hear about her village in a letter, and how does this make her feel?
3. What happens when a baboon gets onto Nhamo's platform?
4. What does Nhamo watch a wasp do, and what does she think of this?
5. What does Nhamo do when she sees the first signs of the rainy season, and why?
6. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Van Heerden, and what does he do about it?
7. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
8. What does the nganga say after hearing Nhamo's story?
9. What kinds of civilized things does Nhamo learn while she is at Efifi?
10. What does Nhamo do just after her jar of possessions is ruined?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)