|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family?
(a) Sister Mary.
(b) Sister Gina.
(c) Sister Gladys.
(d) Sister Martha.
2. What does Dr. Van Heerden bring back with him from the city?
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) Some candy.
(c) His dog.
(d) Educational books.
3. What does Nhamo call Dr. Masuku?
4. What news does a haze tell Nhamo one day at Efifi?
(a) She has honored her mother.
(b) Grandmother is dead.
(c) Her family is waiting.
(d) Her father has passed on.
5. Who chides Dr. Van Heerden for wanting to send Nhamo away?
(a) Dr. Ringer.
(c) Baba Joseph.
(d) Dr. Masuku.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first vehicle Nhamo sees?
2. With whom does Nhamo spend most of her time after hearing that Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
3. Where does Nhamo go for summer vacation?
4. What kind of house does Nhamo's family live in?
5. Where does Nhamo stay during the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Masuku want Nhamo to go to the city, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
2. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
3. What does Baba Joseph do to Nhamo's panga, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
4. Why did Nhamo take such a strong liking to Dr. Masuku?
5. What does Nhamo realize when she sees the margarine advertisement again?
6. Of the staff at Efifi, who likes Nhamo the most of the staff, and why?
7. How is Nhamo protected when she is chased after being seen by the white family, and how does she feel about this?
8. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
9. What happens when Dr. Van Heerden's dog comes out of his truck?
10. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Van Heerden, and what does he do about it?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)