|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) Prays over it.
(b) Takes some meat to smoke it.
(c) Skins it.
(d) Buries it.
2. Why does Dr. Masuku not want to get married?
(a) It is old fashioned.
(b) She is wealthy.
(c) It is like slavery.
(d) Her mother told her not to.
3. What does the farmer in Nhamo's story do to get back at the baboons?
(a) Digs a pit.
(b) Kidnaps their leader.
(c) Poisons the waterhole.
(d) Takes their food.
4. Which baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(a) Fat Cheeks.
5. What is destroyed when a baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(a) The knife.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Half of her meat supply.
(d) The magazine cover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Van Heerden not go with Nhamo the first time she approaches the family?
2. Who is the first person Nhamo sees when she wakes up?
3. Who chides Dr. Van Heerden for wanting to send Nhamo away?
4. Who does Musuku want Nhamo to contact after her ceremony with Baba Joseph?
5. What does Nhamo do when she sees her doctor for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo do just after her jar of possessions is ruined?
2. Why does the nganga think the leopard appeared to Nhamo?
3. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
4. What happens when a baboon gets onto Nhamo's platform?
5. What story does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph, and how does he respond to this?
6. What does Nhamo hear in a haze one day, and how does this affect her?
7. Why does Nhamo have a hard time working on her boat when the dry season comes?
8. What are the people at Efifi doing?
9. What does Nhamo hear about her village in a letter, and how does this make her feel?
10. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)