|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Musuku want Nhamo to contact after her ceremony with Baba Joseph?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her father.
(c) A school.
(d) An orphanage.
2. What does Nhamo's mother tell her after she learns about the leopard on the island?
(a) To leave soon.
(b) To be careful.
(c) To not worry.
(d) To protect herself.
3. Why does Dr. Masuku want to send Nhamo to the city?
(a) To heal from her illness.
(b) To get out of the way.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To find her father.
4. What does Nhamo do to comfort her cousin who gets teased?
(a) Sings a song.
(b) Tells a story.
(c) Plays a game.
(d) Makes some food.
5. What does Nhamo call Dr. Masuku?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nhamo offered a job during the summer?
2. Who is the first person Nhamo sees when she wakes up?
3. Why is Nhamo angry at herself when the first signs of the rainy season appear?
4. What kind of carcass does Nhamo find after leaving the cave?
5. What is destroyed when a baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
2. What happens in Nhamo's story about the farmer and the baboons?
3. What story does Nhamo tell Clever to cheer him up?
4. What does Nhamo hear in a haze one day, and how does this affect her?
5. What does Nhamo watch a wasp do, and what does she think of this?
6. Why did Nhamo take such a strong liking to Dr. Masuku?
7. What does Baba Joseph do to Nhamo's panga, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
8. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
9. What happens when Dr. Van Heerden's dog comes out of his truck?
10. What happens when Nhamo is seen by the white family?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)