|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baba Joseph do with Nhamo's panga?
(a) Cracks it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Paints it.
2. What two things does Nhamo try to be while at Efifi?
(a) Silent and loving.
(b) Invisible and helpful.
(c) Kind and open.
(d) Careful and respectful.
3. What does Nhamo's mother tell her after she learns about the leopard on the island?
(a) To leave soon.
(b) To protect herself.
(c) To not worry.
(d) To be careful.
4. What kind of tree sap does Nhamo use to plug the holes in the boat?
(c) Lucky Bean.
5. What is Nhamo's mother doing in her dream after she sees the goat underground?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo call Dr. Masuku?
2. With whom does Nhamo spend most of her time after hearing that Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
3. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
4. Why does Dr. Masuku want to send Nhamo to the city?
5. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo do when she sees the first signs of the rainy season, and why?
2. Why does Nhamo have a hard time working on her boat when the dry season comes?
3. Why does the nganga think the leopard appeared to Nhamo?
4. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Van Heerden, and what does he do about it?
5. Why did Nhamo take such a strong liking to Dr. Masuku?
6. What happens in Nhamo's story about the farmer and the baboons?
7. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
8. How does Nhamo decide to avoid landmines as she continues her journey to Zimbabwe?
9. How is Nhamo protected when she is chased after being seen by the white family, and how does she feel about this?
10. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)