|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of house does Nhamo's family live in?
2. Why is Nhamo angry at herself when the first signs of the rainy season appear?
(a) Trusting the baboons.
(b) Allowing her boat to get damaged.
(c) Not building a better shelter.
(d) Working so slowly on the boat.
3. What does Nhamo's mother tell her after she learns about the leopard on the island?
(a) To protect herself.
(b) To leave soon.
(c) To not worry.
(d) To be careful.
4. With whom does Nhamo spend most of her time after hearing that Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
(a) Mr. Heerold.
(b) Father Jasuka.
(c) Dr. Masuku.
(d) Baba Joseph.
5. What does Nhamo do when she finds a goat underground?
(a) Chases it away.
(b) Drinks some milk.
(c) Kills and eats it.
(d) Lay down with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer in Nhamo's story do to get back at the baboons?
2. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
3. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family?
4. Who protects Nhamo when she is chased after seeing the family?
5. With what do the baboons in Nhamo's story fill a goat skin?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)