|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musuku teach Nhamo to wear?
(d) Head wraps.
2. Where does Van Heerden tell Nhamo to put her grandmother's gold?
(a) His safe keeping.
(b) Her great-grandfather's account.
(c) A safety deposit box.
(d) A bank.
3. What does Baba Joseph do with Nhamo's panga?
(a) Cracks it.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Paints it.
4. What is Nhamo's mother doing in her dream after she sees the goat underground?
5. Who is the first person Nhamo sees when she wakes up?
(a) Baba Joseph.
(b) Father Jasuka.
(c) Dr. Masuku.
(d) Mr. Heerden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo call Dr. Masuku?
2. What makes Nhamo so listless as she works on her boat?
3. What do the baboons do when they hear the leopard?
4. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
5. What does the roar of the leopard remind Nhamo of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the nganga say after hearing Nhamo's story?
2. What happens when Dr. Van Heerden's dog comes out of his truck?
3. How is Nhamo protected when she is chased after being seen by the white family, and how does she feel about this?
4. What happens when Nhamo is seen by the white family?
5. What kinds of civilized things does Nhamo learn while she is at Efifi?
6. What does Baba Joseph do to Nhamo's panga, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
7. What story does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph, and how does he respond to this?
8. Why does the nganga think the leopard appeared to Nhamo?
9. What does Dr. Masuku say when Nhamo moves in with her father's family?
10. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)