|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do Baba Joseph's people NOT do with hot coals?
(a) Eat them.
(b) Walk on them.
(c) Cook over them.
(d) Roll on them.
2. Why is Nhamo not afraid of the animal that killed the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) She thinks it is asleep.
(b) She is too hungry.
(c) She has her knife with her.
(d) She knows it would not attack her.
3. What signals the beginning of the rainy season?
(a) Green grass.
(c) Budding trees.
(d) Warm breezes.
4. Where does Baba Joseph try to heal Nhamo?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) In a church.
(c) In the livestock pen.
(d) In her room.
5. What are the people at Efifi trying to kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nhamo offered a job during the summer?
2. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
3. What does Nhamo do when she finds a goat underground?
4. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
5. What does the nganga give Nhamo to prove her parentage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nhamo is seen by the white family?
2. What story does Nhamo tell Clever to cheer him up?
3. What does Nhamo watch a wasp do, and what does she think of this?
4. What happens when a baboon gets onto Nhamo's platform?
5. Why does Nhamo have a hard time working on her boat when the dry season comes?
6. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
7. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
8. What story does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph, and how does he respond to this?
9. What happens in Nhamo's story about the farmer and the baboons?
10. What does Nhamo hear in a haze one day, and how does this affect her?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)