|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does a haze tell Nhamo one day at Efifi?
(a) Her father has passed on.
(b) She has honored her mother.
(c) Her family is waiting.
(d) Grandmother is dead.
2. What was Nhamo's father's name?
3. Who does the woman in the margarine ad look like?
(d) Nhamo's grandmother.
4. What time is Nhamo told to come back by her aunt?
(a) 4:00 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 6:00 pm.
(d) 7:00 pm.
5. What does Nhamo like to do when she is around the adults at Efifi?
(a) Get them to smile.
(b) Tell them about her journey.
(c) Touch them.
(d) Listen to them talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nhamo's father's surname?
2. What are the people at Efifi trying to kill?
3. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
4. What does Nhamo notice about the first family she sees after the storm?
5. With what do the baboons in Nhamo's story fill a goat skin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph, and how does he respond to this?
2. Where is Nhamo's father?
3. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
4. Why did Nhamo take such a strong liking to Dr. Masuku?
5. What happens when Nhamo is seen by the white family?
6. How does Nhamo decide to avoid landmines as she continues her journey to Zimbabwe?
7. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
8. What does the nganga say after hearing Nhamo's story?
9. What happens in Nhamo's story about the farmer and the baboons?
10. What does Nhamo hear about her village in a letter, and how does this make her feel?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)