|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Nhamo so listless as she works on her boat?
2. Why do the baboons in Nhamo's play a prank on the farmer?
(a) The baboons think he killed their leader.
(b) The farmer does not share his food.
(c) The baboons want his hut.
(d) The farmer took their land.
3. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
(a) Her monthly bleeding never came back.
(b) She died.
(c) She is married to the man Nhamo was promised to.
(d) She had another baby.
4. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) Skins it.
(b) Prays over it.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Takes some meat to smoke it.
5. Who takes care of Nhamo when she moves to her father's family's house?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) The ngaga.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) The servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nhamo get the idea to plug the holes in the boat?
2. What was Nhamo's father's name?
3. What does Nhamo notice about the first family she sees after the storm?
4. Who is the first person Nhamo sees when she wakes up?
5. What does Nhamo do when she sees her doctor for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nhamo decide to avoid landmines as she continues her journey to Zimbabwe?
2. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
3. Why does Dr. Masuku want Nhamo to go to the city, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
4. What does Baba Joseph do to Nhamo's panga, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
5. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
6. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
7. What story does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph, and how does he respond to this?
8. What kinds of civilized things does Nhamo learn while she is at Efifi?
9. Why did Nhamo take such a strong liking to Dr. Masuku?
10. What does Nhamo hear in a haze one day, and how does this affect her?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)