|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Masuku want to send Nhamo to the city?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To find her father.
(c) To get out of the way.
(d) To heal from her illness.
2. About what does Baba Joseph tell Nhamo a story?
3. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
(a) Speaking her native language.
(b) The border patrol.
(c) Angering the leopard.
(d) Talking to spirits.
4. Who protects Nhamo when she is chased after seeing the family?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Long Teats.
(d) Crocodile Guts.
5. Where does Van Heerden tell Nhamo to put her grandmother's gold?
(a) A safety deposit box.
(b) A bank.
(c) Her great-grandfather's account.
(d) His safe keeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nhamo feel when Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
2. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
3. What kind of tree does Nhamo find in a cave?
4. Why is Nhamo angry at herself when the first signs of the rainy season appear?
5. Why is Nhamo not afraid of the animal that killed the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nhamo have a hard time working on her boat when the dry season comes?
2. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
3. What story does Nhamo tell Clever to cheer him up?
4. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
5. What does Nhamo do just after her jar of possessions is ruined?
6. Why does Dr. Masuku want Nhamo to go to the city, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
7. What happens in Nhamo's story about the farmer and the baboons?
8. What happens when Nhamo is seen by the white family?
9. What happens when Dr. Van Heerden's dog comes out of his truck?
10. What does Dr. Masuku say when Nhamo moves in with her father's family?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)