|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo like to do when she is around the adults at Efifi?
(a) Get them to smile.
(b) Touch them.
(c) Tell them about her journey.
(d) Listen to them talk.
2. How are Nhamo and the nganga related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her great-uncle.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her great-grandfather.
3. What kind of carcass does Nhamo find after leaving the cave?
4. Who is the first person Nhamo sees when she wakes up?
(a) Father Jasuka.
(b) Baba Joseph.
(c) Mr. Heerden.
(d) Dr. Masuku.
5. What is the first vehicle Nhamo sees?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A motor boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo's mother tell her after she learns about the leopard on the island?
2. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
3. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
4. What does Nhamo want to do after her possessions are ruined?
5. Why do the baboons in Nhamo's play a prank on the farmer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Nhamo tell Clever to cheer him up?
2. Why does the nganga think the leopard appeared to Nhamo?
3. How is Nhamo protected when she is chased after being seen by the white family, and how does she feel about this?
4. Why does Nhamo have a hard time working on her boat when the dry season comes?
5. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
6. What does Nhamo hear about her village in a letter, and how does this make her feel?
7. What are the people at Efifi doing?
8. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
9. Of the staff at Efifi, who likes Nhamo the most of the staff, and why?
10. How does Nhamo decide to avoid landmines as she continues her journey to Zimbabwe?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)