|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Baba Joseph tell Nhamo a story?
2. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
(a) The border patrol.
(b) Talking to spirits.
(c) Angering the leopard.
(d) Speaking her native language.
3. What does Nhamo do when she sees her doctor for the first time?
(a) Throws something at him.
4. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
(a) She is married to the man Nhamo was promised to.
(b) She died.
(c) Her monthly bleeding never came back.
(d) She had another baby.
5. What are the people at Efifi trying to kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family?
2. What does the bright light Nhamo sees turn out to be?
3. What does Musuku teach Nhamo to wear?
4. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
5. Why do the baboons in Nhamo's play a prank on the farmer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo hear about her village in a letter, and how does this make her feel?
2. Why does the nganga think the leopard appeared to Nhamo?
3. Why does Dr. Masuku want Nhamo to go to the city, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
4. What does Nhamo do just after her jar of possessions is ruined?
5. Why did Nhamo take such a strong liking to Dr. Masuku?
6. What happens when Dr. Van Heerden's dog comes out of his truck?
7. Of the staff at Efifi, who likes Nhamo the most of the staff, and why?
8. What story does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph, and how does he respond to this?
9. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
10. What happens when Nhamo is seen by the white family?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)