|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nhamo's father?
(a) In prison.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In the ocean.
(d) Buried under a mountain.
2. To whom does Nhamo tell her story at her family's house?
(a) A nganga.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The servant.
(d) Her cousin.
3. Who chides Dr. Van Heerden for wanting to send Nhamo away?
(a) Baba Joseph.
(c) Dr. Ringer.
(d) Dr. Masuku.
4. Which of the following do Baba Joseph's people NOT do with hot coals?
(a) Eat them.
(b) Roll on them.
(c) Walk on them.
(d) Cook over them.
5. What kind of animal does Nhamo think lives in the cave with the tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
2. Who protects Nhamo when she is chased after seeing the family?
3. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
4. What does the old man in the hospital do for Nhamo?
5. Why do the baboons in Nhamo's play a prank on the farmer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nhamo have a hard time working on her boat when the dry season comes?
2. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
3. What does Baba Joseph do to Nhamo's panga, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
4. Of the staff at Efifi, who likes Nhamo the most of the staff, and why?
5. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Van Heerden, and what does he do about it?
6. What happens when a baboon gets onto Nhamo's platform?
7. What does Nhamo do just after her jar of possessions is ruined?
8. What does Nhamo realize when she sees the margarine advertisement again?
9. What happens when Nhamo is seen by the white family?
10. Why does Dr. Masuku want Nhamo to go to the city, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)