|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nhamo's father's totem animal?
2. With what do the baboons in Nhamo's story fill a goat skin?
(d) Banana peels.
3. What makes Nhamo so listless as she works on her boat?
4. What does Dr. Van Heerden bring back with him from the city?
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) Educational books.
(c) His dog.
(d) Some candy.
5. What does the wasp do after killing something in front of Nhamo?
(a) Flies away.
(b) Eats his prize.
(c) Lays some eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Masuku want to send Nhamo to the city?
2. What does the family send after Nhamo when they see her in the yard?
3. Why is Nhamo so shocked about her doctor?
4. Why do the baboons in Nhamo's play a prank on the farmer?
5. Who does Musuku want Nhamo to contact after her ceremony with Baba Joseph?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
2. What does Nhamo realize when she sees the margarine advertisement again?
3. What are the people at Efifi doing?
4. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
5. What story does Nhamo tell Clever to cheer him up?
6. What story does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph, and how does he respond to this?
7. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Van Heerden, and what does he do about it?
8. What happens when Nhamo is seen by the white family?
9. Why does Nhamo have a hard time working on her boat when the dry season comes?
10. What does Nhamo hear about her village in a letter, and how does this make her feel?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)