|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nhamo's grandfather make his fortune?
(a) In the research profession.
(b) In the chrome mines.
(c) In the fishing business.
(d) In the steel mines.
2. What is destroyed when a baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(a) Half of her meat supply.
(b) The knife.
(c) The magazine cover.
(d) Her clothing.
3. Why is Nhamo not afraid of the animal that killed the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) She knows it would not attack her.
(b) She is too hungry.
(c) She has her knife with her.
(d) She thinks it is asleep.
4. What is the name of the cousin that Nhamo becomes close with after moving in with her father's family?
5. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A hornet.
(c) A spider.
(d) Another wasp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo do to comfort her cousin who gets teased?
2. What is Efifi?
3. Whom does Nhamo ask about the ceremony Baba Joseph did on her?
4. What does the family send after Nhamo when they see her in the yard?
5. What time is Nhamo told to come back by her aunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of civilized things does Nhamo learn while she is at Efifi?
2. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
3. What does Nhamo realize when she sees the margarine advertisement again?
4. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Van Heerden, and what does he do about it?
5. What does Nhamo hear in a haze one day, and how does this affect her?
6. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
7. What story does Nhamo tell Clever to cheer him up?
8. Of the staff at Efifi, who likes Nhamo the most of the staff, and why?
9. What does Nhamo do when she sees the first signs of the rainy season, and why?
10. Why does the nganga think the leopard appeared to Nhamo?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)