|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Nhamo tell her story at her family's house?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) A nganga.
(d) The servant.
2. What is Nhamo's father's surname?
3. Why does Dr. Van Heerden interrupt Baba Joseph when he is trying to cure Nhamo?
(a) His shift has started.
(b) He is worried about her.
(c) He needs to speak to Nhamo.
(d) He doesn't want a law suit.
4. Why is Nhamo not afraid of the animal that killed the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) She knows it would not attack her.
(b) She is too hungry.
(c) She thinks it is asleep.
(d) She has her knife with her.
5. What kind of animal does Nhamo think lives in the cave with the tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
2. What does Nhamo do to comfort her cousin who gets teased?
3. What are the people at Efifi trying to kill?
4. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
5. What does Nhamo do when she tends to the livestock?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)