|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Baba Joseph try to heal Nhamo?
(a) In a church.
(b) In the livestock pen.
(c) On a mountain.
(d) In her room.
2. What does Nhamo want to do after her possessions are ruined?
3. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
4. What kind of carcass does Nhamo find after leaving the cave?
5. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) Prays over it.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Skins it.
(d) Takes some meat to smoke it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cousin that Nhamo becomes close with after moving in with her father's family?
2. About what does Baba Joseph tell Nhamo a story?
3. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
4. Who does Musuku want Nhamo to contact after her ceremony with Baba Joseph?
5. To whom does Nhamo tell her story at her family's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo realize when she sees the margarine advertisement again?
2. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds?
3. What does Nhamo hear in a haze one day, and how does this affect her?
4. What does Nhamo watch a wasp do, and what does she think of this?
5. What does Baba Joseph do to Nhamo's panga, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
6. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
7. What does Nhamo hear about her village in a letter, and how does this make her feel?
8. What happens in Nhamo's story about the farmer and the baboons?
9. What does Nhamo do just after her jar of possessions is ruined?
10. What happens when a baboon gets onto Nhamo's platform?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)