|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a nganga?
(a) A leader.
(b) A priest.
(c) A healer.
(d) A sorcerer.
2. What does Chipo do in the days before Nhamo's wedding?
(a) Ignores Nhamo.
(b) Scolds Nhamo.
(c) Beats Nhamo.
(d) Hugs and holds Nhamo.
3. What does Nhamo do to get Ruva to eat?
(a) Tells her the family is well.
(b) Reminds her of her mother's dying wish.
(c) Tells a story.
(d) Makes her favorite food.
4. In a dream, what does Crocodile Guts remind Nhamo to do?
(a) Thank the ancestors.
(b) Pack food for her journey.
(c) Have faith in her abilities.
(d) Listen to the njuzu.
5. What does Nhamo's family do when they return to their village?
(a) Prepare for her wedding.
(b) Work her to the bone.
(c) Communicate with Nhamo's future husband.
(d) Serve Masvita to help heal her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comforts Nhamo after she is stung?
2. Why does Ruva stop eating?
3. What is Nhamo's mother's name?
4. What does Nhamo teach herself during her boat journey?
5. What does Nhamo get to protect her from Long Teats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the muvuki determine will be done to make payment for the dead man?
2. What does Nhamo do for Masvita when she can't sleep?
3. What does Nhamo do in the forest when she is supposed to be collecting firewood?
4. What does a baby baboon do to prove that Nhamo has been accepted into the tribe, and how does Nhamo respond to this?
5. What story does Nhamo's grandmother tell her at the beginning of the book?
6. What is the story that Nhamo tells herself while waiting for her boat to be repaired?
7. What does Nhamo think her dream about Long Teats was trying to tell her?
8. How does Grandmother want Nhamo to escape?
9. What makes Nhamo upset as the family is travelling to the trading post, and how is this resolved?
10. What does Nhamo do to calm her fears while she waits for the hippos to leave?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)