Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo try to imitate while learning to swim?
(c) Men from the village.
2. How does Nhamo harden her wood spears?
(a) She lines them with rocks.
(b) She whittles them.
(c) She burns them.
(d) She wets them.
3. What does Nhamo hear as she is leaving the small island?
(a) The njuzu singing.
(b) The wind.
(c) Her mother and Crocodile Guts.
(d) A roar of an animal.
4. Who notices that Nhamo is jealous of Masvita's womanhood?
5. Why does Nhamo procrastinate checking her animal traps?
(a) It is getting dark.
(b) She does not need food.
(c) She has other things to do.
(d) She is dizzy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree does Nhamo decide to camp by on the island?
2. Where does Kufa take the family after the cholera epidemic?
3. To what does Nhamo compare the trading post?
4. What does the trader's wife think of the muvuki?
5. What useful item does Nhamo find in the hut on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the nganga think the leopard appeared to Nhamo?
2. Where is Nhamo's father?
3. What does the muvuki determine will be done to make payment for the dead man?
4. Why does Grandmother say Chipo never liked Nhamo?
5. What does the nganga say after hearing Nhamo's story?
6. What does Nhamo do to calm her fears while she waits for the hippos to leave?
7. What story does Nhamo tell Clever to cheer him up?
8. What changes in the village after the cholera passes?
9. What does Nhamo dream about after she sees the electric light?
10. What does Baba Joseph do to Nhamo's panga, and how does Nhamo feel about this?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)