|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Long Teats eat?
(b) Dead humans.
(c) Finger nails.
(d) Baby's blood.
2. What does Grandmother pay to resolve the issue of the murdered man?
(a) Two sacks of mealies.
(b) Two cows.
(c) Two pounds of sugar cane.
(d) Two months of wheat harvest.
3. What do the baboons refuse to do for the deformed baboon?
(a) Sleep near him.
(b) Groom him.
(c) Hunt for him.
(d) Protect him.
4. In a dream, what does Crocodile Guts remind Nhamo to do?
(a) Pack food for her journey.
(b) Listen to the njuzu.
(c) Thank the ancestors.
(d) Have faith in her abilities.
5. How does Nhamo decide to get herself off the island?
(a) Build a new boat.
(b) Repair the damaged boat.
(c) Swim with the current.
(d) Wait for more humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo get to protect her from Long Teats?
2. Who did Useless marry?
3. What comforts Nhamo after she is stung?
4. What does Nhamo do with the fish she catches?
5. What does Masvita's aunt die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nhamo procrastinates checking her animal traps?
2. What makes Nhamo upset as the family is travelling to the trading post, and how is this resolved?
3. What story does Nhamo's grandmother tell her at the beginning of the book?
4. What happens to Nhamo while she is fighting against the current, and what does this mean to her?
5. What happens when the baboons on the island see Nhamo?
6. What does Nhamo think her dream about Long Teats was trying to tell her?
7. What does Nhamo dream about after being stung?
8. What does Grandmother reveal about Nhamo's father at the trading post?
9. What does Nhamo do when she finds all the food on the big island?
10. What does Grandmother tell Nhamo about her mother the day Masvita enters womanhood?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)