|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Princess Senwa do when her husband betrayed her?
(a) Killed their baby.
(b) Sang a sad song the rest of her days.
(c) Jumped off a cliff.
(d) Cursed him.
2. What useful item does Nhamo find in the hut on the island?
(a) A knife.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A rudding stick.
(d) Some rope.
3. What does Nhamo see in the night that gives her hope?
(a) A star.
(b) A curve in the river.
(c) A herd of cranes.
(d) A light.
4. Where does Nhamo's father's family live?
5. What does Nhamo make out of the bark of the tree?
(a) A belt.
(d) An insect repellant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the trader's wife?
2. To what does Nhamo compare the baboons as she watches them by the river?
3. Where does Nhamo sleep while on the big island?
4. How long does Nhamo fight the current before she sees land?
5. What does Kufa say the disobedient wife was eaten by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo do for Masvita when she can't sleep?
2. How does Nhamo figure out a better way to hollow out her boat?
3. What does Nhamo do to get the deformed baboon off the small island?
4. What does the muvuki determine will be done to make payment for the dead man?
5. What does Nhamo do in the forest when she is supposed to be collecting firewood?
6. What happens when Nhamo's food rations run out?
7. What does Nhamo dream about after being stung?
8. What happens to Nhamo while she is fighting against the current, and what does this mean to her?
9. What happens when Nhamo is stung while working on her boat?
10. What does Nhamo dream about after she sees the electric light?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)