|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo make out of the bark of the tree?
(a) An insect repellant.
(b) A belt.
2. Where does Nhamo land after drifting unanchored all night?
(a) An island.
(b) A strange lake.
(c) A sand bar.
(d) The beach.
3. What does Nhamo take her grandmother to see when they reach their destination?
(a) A snake charmer.
(b) A wrestling match.
(c) A television.
(d) A guitar player.
4. What kind of animal causes Nhamo to take a break from her boating?
5. What did Princess Senwa do when her husband betrayed her?
(a) Jumped off a cliff.
(b) Sang a sad song the rest of her days.
(c) Killed their baby.
(d) Cursed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chore is Masvita doing while Nhamo prepares dinner?
2. Why is Nhamo sitting in a fig tree at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Long Teats eat?
4. What kind of tree does Nhamo decide to camp by on the island?
5. How does Nhamo feel when she is in the boat on her first day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nhamo procrastinates checking her animal traps?
2. What story does Nhamo's grandmother tell her at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Rosa try to help Nhamo?
4. What happens when Nhamo is stung while working on her boat?
5. What is the story that Nhamo tells herself while waiting for her boat to be repaired?
6. What does Nhamo dream about after being stung?
7. What kinds of things occupy Nhamo's time when she is first settling on the island?
8. What does Nhamo do for Masvita when she can't sleep?
9. How does Nhamo feel when the hippos are gone, and why?
10. What happens when the baboons on the island see Nhamo?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)