|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Nhamo to find more people in her life?
(a) Her grandmother's spirit.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The Njuzu.
(d) Crocodile Guts.
2. What do the baboons refuse to do for the deformed baboon?
(a) Hunt for him.
(b) Sleep near him.
(c) Protect him.
(d) Groom him.
3. What is the name of the trader's wife?
4. What kind of tree does Nhamo decide to camp by on the island?
(a) Lucky bean.
(b) Bread fruit.
5. Why is Nhamo so afraid when she dreams about Crocodile Guts?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He was always mean to her.
(c) She lied to him.
(d) She took his boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Masvita's aunt in the other village?
2. What shows that Masvita is entering womanhood?
3. What does Long Teats eat?
4. What does Nhamo try to imitate while learning to swim?
5. What ruins Nhamo's traps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo see as a positive sign from the spirit of the dead man in the hut?
2. What does Nhamo dream about after she sees the electric light?
3. What makes Nhamo upset as the family is travelling to the trading post, and how is this resolved?
4. What does Nhamo dream about after being stung?
5. What does Nhamo do when she finds all the food on the big island?
6. What does Nhamo do to get the deformed baboon off the small island?
7. How does Nhamo figure out a better way to hollow out her boat?
8. What does Nhamo think her dream about Long Teats was trying to tell her?
9. What happens when Nhamo's food rations run out?
10. What kinds of things occupy Nhamo's time when she is first settling on the island?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)