|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nhamo's favorite baboon baby?
2. What is a zango?
(a) A valuable jewel.
(b) A family crest.
(c) A sign of the epidemic.
(d) A charm against witches.
3. What does Grandmother say she wants to help Nhamo do?
(b) Find a good husband.
(c) Understand her family.
(d) Be a good wife.
4. Where does Masvita go after the meeting with the muvuki?
(a) The trader's house.
(b) Vatete's village.
(c) Her home village.
(d) The inn.
5. What does the sting that Nhamo gets while working on her boat cause her to do?
(c) Lose feeling in her hand.
(d) Swell up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nhamo's father's family live?
2. What does Nhamo get to protect her from Long Teats?
3. What useful item does Nhamo find in the hut on the island?
4. Where does Nhamo sleep while on the big island?
5. In a dream, what does Crocodile Guts remind Nhamo to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a baby baboon do to prove that Nhamo has been accepted into the tribe, and how does Nhamo respond to this?
2. What does Nhamo dream about after she sees the electric light?
3. What does Nhamo do to get the deformed baboon off the small island?
4. What happens when the baboons on the island see Nhamo?
5. What does Nhamo dream about after being stung?
6. What does Nhamo see as a positive sign from the spirit of the dead man in the hut?
7. What kinds of things occupy Nhamo's time when she is first settling on the island?
8. What happens to Nhamo while she is fighting against the current, and what does this mean to her?
9. What does Nhamo do when she finds all the food on the big island?
10. How does Grandmother want Nhamo to escape?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)