|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows that Masvita is entering womanhood?
(a) Her long hair.
(b) Her prominent brow.
(c) Her sprouting bosoms.
(d) Her monthly bleeding.
2. What comforts Nhamo after she is stung?
(a) A cool rain.
(b) The voice of her mother.
(c) The gentle wind.
(d) The baboons.
3. What does the sting that Nhamo gets while working on her boat cause her to do?
(b) Lose feeling in her hand.
(c) Swell up.
4. What does Grandmother say she wants to help Nhamo do?
(a) Understand her family.
(b) Be a good wife.
(c) Find a good husband.
5. What is the name of Nhamo's favorite baboon baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo hunt on her first try?
2. What does Chipo say the spirit demands in payment?
3. Why is the boy in Nhamo's story making a rope?
4. What kind of animal causes Nhamo to take a break from her boating?
5. What is the name of the trader's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nhamo's food rations run out?
2. What does Nhamo do to get the deformed baboon off the small island?
3. What does Nhamo do when she finds all the food on the big island?
4. What does Nhamo dream about after being stung?
5. What does Nhamo see as a positive sign from the spirit of the dead man in the hut?
6. What does Nhamo think her dream about Long Teats was trying to tell her?
7. What story does Nhamo's grandmother tell her at the beginning of the book?
8. What does the muvuki determine will be done to make payment for the dead man?
9. What happens when Nhamo is stung while working on her boat?
10. What happens to Nhamo while she is fighting against the current, and what does this mean to her?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)