|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo get to protect her from Long Teats?
(a) A large fire.
(b) Face paint.
(c) Long branches.
(d) A phial of spring water.
2. What is Princess Senwa's husband's name?
3. What does Grandmother pay to resolve the issue of the murdered man?
(a) Two sacks of mealies.
(b) Two cows.
(c) Two months of wheat harvest.
(d) Two pounds of sugar cane.
4. Why does Nhamo procrastinate checking her animal traps?
(a) She has other things to do.
(b) She does not need food.
(c) She is dizzy.
(d) It is getting dark.
5. What killed Nhamo's mother?
(a) A lion.
(b) A jealous man.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A strange sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo hunt on her first try?
2. What does Nhamo have to fight off when she first gets to the big island?
3. What does Nhamo name the deformed baboon?
4. To what does Nhamo compare the baboons as she watches them by the river?
5. What is Nhamo's most prized possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo decide to hunt, and why?
2. What did Nhamo's grandmother do when her daughter was eaten by a leopard, and why is this so touching to Nhamo?
3. What is the story that Nhamo tells herself while waiting for her boat to be repaired?
4. What happens when Nhamo is stung while working on her boat?
5. What does Nhamo do for Masvita when she can't sleep?
6. What does the muvuki determine will be done to make payment for the dead man?
7. What does Nhamo do to get the deformed baboon off the small island?
8. What does a baby baboon do to prove that Nhamo has been accepted into the tribe, and how does Nhamo respond to this?
9. Why does Grandmother say Chipo never liked Nhamo?
10. What happens when Nhamo procrastinates checking her animal traps?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)