|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo have to fight off when she first gets to the big island?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A jaguar.
(c) A lemur.
(d) A baboon.
2. What shows that Masvita is entering womanhood?
(a) Her prominent brow.
(b) Her sprouting bosoms.
(c) Her monthly bleeding.
(d) Her long hair.
3. What does Chipo say the spirit demands in payment?
(b) Another cow.
(d) More money.
4. Where does Nhamo's father's family live?
5. What do the baboons refuse to do for the deformed baboon?
(a) Sleep near him.
(b) Protect him.
(c) Groom him.
(d) Hunt for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nhamo's most prized possession?
2. What does Kufa say the disobedient wife was eaten by?
3. What is the name of Nhamo's favorite baboon baby?
4. What does Chipo not like about the boat?
5. Where does Nhamo sleep while on the big island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes in the village after the cholera passes?
2. What does the muvuki determine will be done to make payment for the dead man?
3. How does Grandmother want Nhamo to escape?
4. What does Nhamo do to get the deformed baboon off the small island?
5. What kinds of things occupy Nhamo's time when she is first settling on the island?
6. What happens when Nhamo's food rations run out?
7. What does Nhamo think her dream about Long Teats was trying to tell her?
8. What happens when the baboons on the island see Nhamo?
9. What story does Nhamo's grandmother tell her at the beginning of the book?
10. How does Nhamo figure out a better way to hollow out her boat?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)