|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree does Nhamo decide to camp by on the island?
(b) Bread fruit.
(d) Lucky bean.
2. Where does Masvita go after the meeting with the muvuki?
(a) The inn.
(b) The trader's house.
(c) Vatete's village.
(d) Her home village.
3. What does Grandmother pay to resolve the issue of the murdered man?
(a) Two cows.
(b) Two months of wheat harvest.
(c) Two sacks of mealies.
(d) Two pounds of sugar cane.
4. What do the baboons refuse to do for the deformed baboon?
(a) Sleep near him.
(b) Protect him.
(c) Groom him.
(d) Hunt for him.
5. What do the baboons do when they see Nhamo at the river getting water?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Run from her.
(c) Embrace her.
(d) Attack her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nhamo travel against the current?
2. What is wrong with the lone baboon on the island?
3. What did Princess Senwa do when her husband betrayed her?
4. What does Nhamo name the deformed baboon?
5. What does Kufa say the disobedient wife was eaten by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandmother tell Nhamo about her mother the day Masvita enters womanhood?
2. What are the people at Efifi doing?
3. What happens in Nhamo's story about the farmer and the baboons?
4. What does Dr. Masuku say when Nhamo moves in with her father's family?
5. What does a nurse let Nhamo do that she thinks is miraculous?
6. What does Nhamo realize when she sees the margarine advertisement again?
7. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Van Heerden, and what does he do about it?
8. What does Nhamo hear in a haze one day, and how does this affect her?
9. What does Nhamo watch a wasp do, and what does she think of this?
10. What does Nhamo do for Masvita when she can't sleep?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)