|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo name the deformed baboon?
(b) Fat Cheeks.
(d) Big Belly.
2. How did Grandmother say Chipo felt when Nhamo was born?
3. What is Princess Senwa's husband's name?
4. Where does Masvita go after the meeting with the muvuki?
(a) Her home village.
(b) The inn.
(c) Vatete's village.
(d) The trader's house.
5. What is wrong with the lone baboon on the island?
(a) It is missing an eye.
(b) It has a deformed arm.
(c) It has a twisted foot.
(d) It has a gash on its back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps a girl when she reaches womanhood?
2. What does the trader's wife think of the muvuki?
3. What did Princess Senwa do when her husband betrayed her?
4. Where does Nhamo land after drifting unanchored all night?
5. What does Chipo say the spirit demands in payment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo do when she finds all the food on the big island?
2. What changes in the village after the cholera passes?
3. How does Rosa try to help Nhamo?
4. What happens when Nhamo procrastinates checking her animal traps?
5. What kinds of things occupy Nhamo's time when she is first settling on the island?
6. What does Nhamo do to get the deformed baboon off the small island?
7. What happens when the baboons on the island see Nhamo?
8. What does Nhamo see as a positive sign from the spirit of the dead man in the hut?
9. What does Nhamo do in the forest when she is supposed to be collecting firewood?
10. What does Grandmother reveal about Nhamo's father at the trading post?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)