|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo name the deformed baboon?
(a) Big Belly.
(c) Fat Cheeks.
2. What does Nhamo want to do on the tiny island off of the big island?
(a) Smoke meat.
(b) Build a house.
(c) Plant her garden.
(d) Make a fire pit.
3. What do the baboons do when they see Nhamo at the river getting water?
(a) Embrace her.
(b) Attack her.
(c) Ignore her.
(d) Run from her.
4. Who calls Nhamo's mother a witch?
5. What chore is Masvita doing while Nhamo prepares dinner?
(a) Brushing her sister's hair.
(b) Making pots.
(c) Separating corn kernels.
(d) Gathering water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruins Nhamo's traps?
2. How does Nhamo harden her wood spears?
3. What is Nhamo's most prized possession?
4. What was wrong with Masvita after the cholera epidemic?
5. What does Nhamo use to hollow out her boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dr. Van Heerden's dog comes out of his truck?
2. How does Rosa try to help Nhamo?
3. Why does Nhamo have a hard time working on her boat when the dry season comes?
4. What does Dr. Masuku say when Nhamo moves in with her father's family?
5. What does Nhamo see as a positive sign from the spirit of the dead man in the hut?
6. What does Nhamo do when she finds all the food on the big island?
7. Where is Nhamo's father?
8. Why does the nganga think the leopard appeared to Nhamo?
9. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family, and how does she feel when she gets there?
10. What happens to Nhamo while she is fighting against the current, and what does this mean to her?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)