|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nhamo's most prized possession?
(a) A magazine cover.
(b) A tea cup.
(c) A tin box.
(d) A chocolate wrapper.
2. What comforts Nhamo after she is stung?
(a) The voice of her mother.
(b) The baboons.
(c) A cool rain.
(d) The gentle wind.
3. What starts while Nhamo is fighting against the current?
(a) Her monthly bleeding.
(b) The bird migration.
(c) Her panic attack.
(d) The fall rains.
4. How does Nhamo harden her wood spears?
(a) She wets them.
(b) She lines them with rocks.
(c) She whittles them.
(d) She burns them.
5. What does a baby baboon do that makes Nhamo feel comforted?
(a) Protects her.
(b) Plays with her.
(c) Grooms her.
(d) Brings her food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree does Nhamo decide to camp by on the island?
2. Who tells Nhamo to find more people in her life?
3. How did Grandmother say Chipo felt when Nhamo was born?
4. How does Nhamo decide to get herself off the island?
5. Why is Nhamo so afraid when she dreams about Crocodile Guts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo dream about after she sees the electric light?
2. What happens when the baboons on the island see Nhamo?
3. How does Nhamo figure out a better way to hollow out her boat?
4. What did Nhamo's grandmother do when her daughter was eaten by a leopard, and why is this so touching to Nhamo?
5. What does Grandmother reveal about Nhamo's father at the trading post?
6. How does Grandmother want Nhamo to escape?
7. Why does Grandmother say Chipo never liked Nhamo?
8. What makes Nhamo upset as the family is travelling to the trading post, and how is this resolved?
9. What kinds of things occupy Nhamo's time when she is first settling on the island?
10. How does Nhamo feel when the hippos are gone, and why?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)