|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo do with the fish she catches?
(a) Uses them in animal traps.
(b) Dries them.
(c) Smokes them.
(d) Eats them.
2. What is a nganga?
(a) A sorcerer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A healer.
(d) A leader.
3. Who did Useless marry?
(a) A nganga.
(b) A princess.
(c) A muzuki.
(d) A njuzu.
4. What did Princess Senwa do when her husband betrayed her?
(a) Cursed him.
(b) Sang a sad song the rest of her days.
(c) Jumped off a cliff.
(d) Killed their baby.
5. What does Nhamo see as a sign that she can keep the item she found in the hut on the island?
(a) A gardenia branch.
(b) An adder.
(c) A mouse.
(d) An animal paw print.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo use to hollow out her boat?
2. What does Nhamo take her grandmother to see when they reach their destination?
3. How old was Nhamo when her mother died?
4. What is wrong with the lone baboon on the island?
5. Why is Nhamo so afraid when she dreams about Crocodile Guts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhamo do to get the deformed baboon off the small island?
2. What does Grandmother reveal about Nhamo's father at the trading post?
3. What happens to Nhamo while she is fighting against the current, and what does this mean to her?
4. What did Nhamo's grandmother do when her daughter was eaten by a leopard, and why is this so touching to Nhamo?
5. What does Nhamo do in the forest when she is supposed to be collecting firewood?
6. What does Nhamo do when she finds all the food on the big island?
7. What does Nhamo dream about after being stung?
8. What does Nhamo do to calm her fears while she waits for the hippos to leave?
9. What does Nhamo decide to hunt, and why?
10. What happens when Nhamo is stung while working on her boat?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)