|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Useless marry?
(a) A princess.
(b) A nganga.
(c) A muzuki.
(d) A njuzu.
2. What does Nhamo get stung by while working on her boat?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A bee.
(c) A hornet.
(d) A horned beetle.
3. Who tells Nhamo to find more people in her life?
(a) Her grandmother's spirit.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The Njuzu.
(d) Crocodile Guts.
4. What does Chipo say the spirit demands in payment?
(a) Another cow.
(d) More money.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the food items Nhamo finds on the big island?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nhamo harden her wood spears?
2. Where does Nhamo's father's family live?
3. Why does Nhamo procrastinate checking her animal traps?
4. To what does Nhamo compare the trading post?
5. How did Grandmother say Chipo felt when Nhamo was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandmother reveal about Nhamo's father at the trading post?
2. What does Nhamo do when she finds all the food on the big island?
3. What happens to Nhamo while she is fighting against the current, and what does this mean to her?
4. How does Rosa try to help Nhamo?
5. How does Nhamo figure out a better way to hollow out her boat?
6. What is the story that Nhamo tells herself while waiting for her boat to be repaired?
7. What happens when Nhamo is stung while working on her boat?
8. What does Grandmother tell Nhamo about her mother the day Masvita enters womanhood?
9. What does Nhamo decide to hunt, and why?
10. How does Grandmother want Nhamo to escape?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)