|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo do when she finds a goat underground?
(a) Kills and eats it.
(b) Drinks some milk.
(c) Chases it away.
(d) Lay down with it.
2. Why does Nhamo attack Dr. Van Heerden when he comes back from the city?
(a) She thinks his dogs are attacking her.
(b) She thinks he wants to experiment on her.
(c) She thinks he is a bad spirit.
(d) She thinks he wants her to leave.
3. What does Nhamo like to do when she is around the adults at Efifi?
(a) Tell them about her journey.
(b) Listen to them talk.
(c) Get them to smile.
(d) Touch them.
4. What time is Nhamo told to come back by her aunt?
(a) 5:00 pm.
(b) 6:00 pm.
(c) 7:00 pm.
(d) 4:00 pm.
5. What signals the beginning of the rainy season?
(a) Warm breezes.
(b) Green grass.
(d) Budding trees.
6. What kind of house does Nhamo's family live in?
7. Where is Nhamo offered a job during the summer?
(b) A mine.
(c) The college.
(d) A hotel.
8. Who protects Nhamo when she is chased after seeing the family?
(a) Long Teats.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Crocodile Guts.
(d) Her mother.
9. With what do the baboons in Nhamo's story fill a goat skin?
(b) Banana peels.
10. What is Nhamo's mother doing in her dream after she sees the goat underground?
11. What does Nhamo want to do after her possessions are ruined?
12. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
(a) Speaking her native language.
(b) Angering the leopard.
(c) The border patrol.
(d) Talking to spirits.
13. Who likes Nhamo the most at Efifi?
(a) Mr. Heerden.
(b) Baba Joseph.
(c) Dr. Masuku.
(d) Father Jasuka.
14. Why does Dr. Van Heerden not go with Nhamo the first time she approaches the family?
(a) He has an appointment.
(b) He is white.
(c) He does not want to intrude.
(d) Nhamo asks to go alone.
15. Why does the person Nhamo talks to at her family's house accept her?
(a) She looks like his first wife.
(b) She is a person in need.
(c) She has lived an amazing life.
(d) She is pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following spirits does NOT come to Nhamo to speak with her at the end of the book?
2. How is Nhamo injured after she attacks Dr. Van Heerden?
3. Where does Van Heerden tell Nhamo to put her grandmother's gold?
4. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
5. What do the baboons do when they hear the leopard?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)