|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Nhamo sees when she wakes up?
(a) Baba Joseph.
(b) Father Jasuka.
(c) Mr. Heerden.
(d) Dr. Masuku.
2. What is Nhamo's father's surname?
3. Where does Van Heerden tell Nhamo to put her grandmother's gold?
(a) A safety deposit box.
(b) Her great-grandfather's account.
(c) A bank.
(d) His safe keeping.
4. What was Nhamo's father's totem animal?
5. Who does the woman in the margarine ad look like?
(c) Nhamo's grandmother.
6. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
(a) Speaking her native language.
(b) The border patrol.
(c) Angering the leopard.
(d) Talking to spirits.
7. With whom does Nhamo spend most of her time after hearing that Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
(a) Dr. Masuku.
(b) Father Jasuka.
(c) Mr. Heerold.
(d) Baba Joseph.
8. Why does the person Nhamo talks to at her family's house accept her?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She looks like his first wife.
(c) She has lived an amazing life.
(d) She is a person in need.
9. What does Nhamo notice about the first family she sees after the storm?
(a) They are white.
(b) They have strange hair.
(c) They are naked.
(d) They are fat.
10. What two things does Nhamo try to be while at Efifi?
(a) Invisible and helpful.
(b) Silent and loving.
(c) Careful and respectful.
(d) Kind and open.
11. What is Nhamo's mother doing in her dream after she sees the goat underground?
12. In what form do the njuzu come?
(d) Small beetles.
13. How does Nhamo feel when Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
14. How are Nhamo and the nganga related?
(a) He is her great-uncle.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her great-grandfather.
15. Whom does Nhamo ask about the ceremony Baba Joseph did on her?
(b) Van Heerden.
(c) Baba Joseph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nhamo go for summer vacation?
2. Why is Nhamo's hair shaved off after she attacks Van Heerdon?
3. To whom does Nhamo tell her story at her family's house?
4. Who protects Nhamo when she is chased after seeing the family?
5. Where is Nhamo's father?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)