|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
(a) A hornet.
(b) A mouse.
(c) Another wasp.
(d) A spider.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Nhamo learns while at Efifi?
3. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is disbelieving.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is happy.
4. Whom does Nhamo ask about the ceremony Baba Joseph did on her?
(b) Baba Joseph.
(c) Van Heerden.
5. What are the people at Efifi trying to kill?
6. Where is Nhamo offered a job during the summer?
(b) The college.
(c) A mine.
(d) A hotel.
7. Who chides Dr. Van Heerden for wanting to send Nhamo away?
(b) Dr. Masuku.
(c) Dr. Ringer.
(d) Baba Joseph.
8. What does Baba Joseph do with Nhamo's panga?
(a) Cracks it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Paints it.
(d) Buries it.
9. Why does Dr. Van Heerden not go with Nhamo the first time she approaches the family?
(a) He is white.
(b) Nhamo asks to go alone.
(c) He does not want to intrude.
(d) He has an appointment.
10. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
11. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Heerdon?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is possessed.
(c) She is having a mental breakdown.
(d) She is afraid of the dog.
12. Where did Nhamo's grandfather make his fortune?
(a) In the chrome mines.
(b) In the fishing business.
(c) In the steel mines.
(d) In the research profession.
13. Why is Nhamo so shocked about her doctor?
(a) He is white.
(b) He is tall.
(c) He is old.
(d) He is young.
14. What is Nhamo's father's surname?
15. Where does Nhamo get the idea to plug the holes in the boat?
(a) A memory of Crocodile Guts.
(b) Watching sap drip.
(c) Her mother whispers to her.
(d) Watching termites repair their nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person Nhamo talks to at her family's house accept her?
2. Why does Dr. Van Heerden interrupt Baba Joseph when he is trying to cure Nhamo?
3. Who likes Nhamo the most at Efifi?
4. What news does a haze tell Nhamo one day at Efifi?
5. What does Nhamo call Dr. Masuku?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)