|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nhamo offered a job during the summer?
(b) A hotel.
(c) The college.
(d) A mine.
2. What does the bright light Nhamo sees turn out to be?
(a) A store.
(b) A car.
(c) A star.
(d) A house.
3. How are Nhamo and the nganga related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her great-grandfather.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her great-uncle.
4. Who takes care of Nhamo when she moves to her father's family's house?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) The ngaga.
(d) The servants.
5. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
(a) A hornet.
(b) Another wasp.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A spider.
6. What does Nhamo do when she finds a goat underground?
(a) Drinks some milk.
(b) Kills and eats it.
(c) Lay down with it.
(d) Chases it away.
7. What two things does Nhamo try to be while at Efifi?
(a) Careful and respectful.
(b) Invisible and helpful.
(c) Silent and loving.
(d) Kind and open.
8. What kind of tree sap does Nhamo use to plug the holes in the boat?
(d) Lucky Bean.
9. What was Nhamo's father's name?
10. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) Skins it.
(b) Takes some meat to smoke it.
(c) Prays over it.
(d) Buries it.
11. What does the roar of the leopard remind Nhamo of?
(a) The totem animal of her father.
(b) The urgency of her departure.
(c) The day her mother died.
(d) The carcass she ate.
12. Who does the woman in the margarine ad look like?
(a) Nhamo's grandmother.
13. Who chides Dr. Van Heerden for wanting to send Nhamo away?
(a) Dr. Masuku.
(b) Dr. Ringer.
(d) Baba Joseph.
14. What does Musuku teach Nhamo to wear?
(a) Head wraps.
15. What kind of carcass does Nhamo find after leaving the cave?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Nhamo spend most of her time after hearing that Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
2. What does Nhamo's mother tell her after she learns about the leopard on the island?
3. Why does Dr. Van Heerden not go with Nhamo the first time she approaches the family?
4. What does Muzuku say to Nhamo as she is preparing to live with her father's family?
5. To whom does Nhamo tell her story at her family's house?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)