|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Masuku want to send Nhamo to the city?
(a) To get out of the way.
(b) To find her father.
(c) To heal from her illness.
(d) To go to school.
2. What does Nhamo call Dr. Masuku?
3. Why is Nhamo not afraid of the animal that killed the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) She is too hungry.
(b) She thinks it is asleep.
(c) She knows it would not attack her.
(d) She has her knife with her.
4. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) Skins it.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Prays over it.
(d) Takes some meat to smoke it.
5. How does Nhamo feel when Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
6. Why does Dr. Van Heerden interrupt Baba Joseph when he is trying to cure Nhamo?
(a) He needs to speak to Nhamo.
(b) He doesn't want a law suit.
(c) He is worried about her.
(d) His shift has started.
7. What is Nhamo's mother doing in her dream after she sees the goat underground?
8. Who does the woman in the margarine ad look like?
(c) Nhamo's grandmother.
9. Why is Nhamo so shocked about her doctor?
(a) He is white.
(b) He is young.
(c) He is tall.
(d) He is old.
10. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is disbelieving.
(d) She is disgusted.
11. Why is Nhamo angry at herself when the first signs of the rainy season appear?
(a) Working so slowly on the boat.
(b) Trusting the baboons.
(c) Not building a better shelter.
(d) Allowing her boat to get damaged.
12. What kind of tree sap does Nhamo use to plug the holes in the boat?
(a) Lucky Bean.
13. What does Nhamo do when she sees her doctor for the first time?
(c) Throws something at him.
14. Who is the first person Nhamo sees when she wakes up?
(a) Mr. Heerden.
(b) Baba Joseph.
(c) Father Jasuka.
(d) Dr. Masuku.
15. What is the name of the cousin that Nhamo becomes close with after moving in with her father's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Muzuku say to Nhamo as she is preparing to live with her father's family?
2. Who takes care of Nhamo when she moves to her father's family's house?
3. Where does Baba Joseph try to heal Nhamo?
4. What do the baboons do when they hear the leopard?
5. What does Nhamo like to do when she is around the adults at Efifi?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)