|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
(a) She talks about her fondness for the baboons.
(b) She tells them she is from another country.
(c) She mentions that she talks to spirits.
(d) She tells them the leopard is tracking her.
2. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) Prays over it.
(b) Takes some meat to smoke it.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Skins it.
3. About what does Baba Joseph tell Nhamo a story?
4. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
(a) She is disbelieving.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is surprised.
5. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
(a) She died.
(b) She had another baby.
(c) Her monthly bleeding never came back.
(d) She is married to the man Nhamo was promised to.
6. Who chides Dr. Van Heerden for wanting to send Nhamo away?
(a) Dr. Ringer.
(b) Baba Joseph.
(d) Dr. Masuku.
7. What does Nhamo do to comfort her cousin who gets teased?
(a) Plays a game.
(b) Tells a story.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Makes some food.
8. Who takes care of Nhamo when she moves to her father's family's house?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) The servants.
(c) The ngaga.
(d) Her grandfather.
9. How is Nhamo injured after she attacks Dr. Van Heerden?
(a) Her hand is cut.
(b) Her ankle is sprained.
(c) Her wrist is broken.
(d) Her head is bruised.
10. What does Nhamo like to do when she is around the adults at Efifi?
(a) Tell them about her journey.
(b) Touch them.
(c) Listen to them talk.
(d) Get them to smile.
11. What are the people at Efifi trying to kill?
12. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
13. Where does Van Heerden tell Nhamo to put her grandmother's gold?
(a) Her great-grandfather's account.
(b) His safe keeping.
(c) A safety deposit box.
(d) A bank.
14. What kind of animal does Nhamo think lives in the cave with the tree?
15. Where does Baba Joseph try to heal Nhamo?
(a) In the livestock pen.
(b) In her room.
(c) In a church.
(d) On a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wasp do after killing something in front of Nhamo?
2. What is the name of the cousin that Nhamo becomes close with after moving in with her father's family?
3. Where does Nhamo go for summer vacation?
4. Why does Dr. Masuku not want to get married?
5. What kind of carcass does Nhamo find after leaving the cave?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)