|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man in the hospital do for Nhamo?
(a) Feeds her.
(b) Reads to her.
(c) Sings to her.
(d) Brushes her hair.
2. With whom does Nhamo spend most of her time after hearing that Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
(a) Dr. Masuku.
(b) Father Jasuka.
(c) Baba Joseph.
(d) Mr. Heerold.
3. What was Nhamo's father's name?
4. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is disbelieving.
5. What is destroyed when a baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(a) The magazine cover.
(b) Half of her meat supply.
(c) The knife.
(d) Her clothing.
6. Where does Nhamo get the idea to plug the holes in the boat?
(a) Watching sap drip.
(b) Watching termites repair their nest.
(c) Her mother whispers to her.
(d) A memory of Crocodile Guts.
7. What does Nhamo drink at Efifi that she loves more than anything else there?
8. How does Nhamo feel when Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
9. Where does Nhamo stay during the storm?
(a) A hollow tree.
(b) An abandoned hut.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Her overturned boat.
10. What kind of carcass does Nhamo find after leaving the cave?
11. Why does Dr. Masuku not want to get married?
(a) Her mother told her not to.
(b) It is like slavery.
(c) It is old fashioned.
(d) She is wealthy.
12. What kind of tree does Nhamo find in a cave?
(b) Lucky Bean.
13. What was Nhamo's father's totem animal?
14. Why is Nhamo angry at herself when the first signs of the rainy season appear?
(a) Not building a better shelter.
(b) Working so slowly on the boat.
(c) Trusting the baboons.
(d) Allowing her boat to get damaged.
15. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Heerdon?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is having a mental breakdown.
(c) She is afraid of the dog.
(d) She is possessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Nhamo learns while at Efifi?
2. Who does the woman in the margarine ad look like?
3. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
4. What are the people at Efifi trying to kill?
5. Where does Baba Joseph try to heal Nhamo?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)