|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nhamo's grandfather make his fortune?
(a) In the research profession.
(b) In the steel mines.
(c) In the fishing business.
(d) In the chrome mines.
2. What does the old man in the hospital do for Nhamo?
(a) Feeds her.
(b) Reads to her.
(c) Brushes her hair.
(d) Sings to her.
3. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
4. Why does Nhamo attack Dr. Van Heerden when he comes back from the city?
(a) She thinks he wants her to leave.
(b) She thinks his dogs are attacking her.
(c) She thinks he is a bad spirit.
(d) She thinks he wants to experiment on her.
5. Who chides Dr. Van Heerden for wanting to send Nhamo away?
(a) Dr. Masuku.
(b) Dr. Ringer.
(c) Baba Joseph.
6. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is disbelieving.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is surprised.
7. What does the wasp do after killing something in front of Nhamo?
(a) Flies away.
(b) Eats his prize.
(c) Lays some eggs.
8. How are Nhamo and the nganga related?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her great-grandfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her great-uncle.
9. Where does Nhamo go for summer vacation?
(a) Her home village.
(b) Her father's mountain.
(c) The island.
10. What does Muzuku say to Nhamo as she is preparing to live with her father's family?
(a) She can always come back to Efifi.
(b) She should be proud of her accomplishments.
(c) She made it.
(d) She hopes they meet again someday.
11. What does Nhamo do when she sees her doctor for the first time?
(c) Throws something at him.
12. What does Nhamo want to do after her possessions are ruined?
13. What time is Nhamo told to come back by her aunt?
(a) 7:00 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 6:00 pm.
(d) 4:00 pm.
14. Where does Van Heerden tell Nhamo to put her grandmother's gold?
(a) A safety deposit box.
(b) Her great-grandfather's account.
(c) A bank.
(d) His safe keeping.
15. Which of the following is NOT something Nhamo learns while at Efifi?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Musuku want Nhamo to contact after her ceremony with Baba Joseph?
2. In what form do the njuzu come?
3. Where does Nhamo stay during the storm?
4. What does Nhamo notice about the first family she sees after the storm?
5. What does Nhamo drink at Efifi that she loves more than anything else there?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)