|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what do the baboons in Nhamo's story fill a goat skin?
(a) Banana peels.
2. About what does Baba Joseph tell Nhamo a story?
3. What does the farmer in Nhamo's story do to get back at the baboons?
(a) Kidnaps their leader.
(b) Digs a pit.
(c) Takes their food.
(d) Poisons the waterhole.
4. What kind of animal does Nhamo think lives in the cave with the tree?
5. How does Nhamo feel when Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
6. Why is Nhamo not afraid of the animal that killed the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) She is too hungry.
(b) She knows it would not attack her.
(c) She has her knife with her.
(d) She thinks it is asleep.
7. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family?
(a) Sister Mary.
(b) Sister Gina.
(c) Sister Gladys.
(d) Sister Martha.
8. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
(a) A spider.
(b) Another wasp.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A hornet.
9. What does Nhamo's mother tell her after she learns about the leopard on the island?
(a) To not worry.
(b) To protect herself.
(c) To be careful.
(d) To leave soon.
10. Who takes care of Nhamo when she moves to her father's family's house?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The servants.
(d) The ngaga.
11. What is the first vehicle Nhamo sees?
(a) A motor boat.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A jeep.
(d) A helicopter.
12. What does Nhamo like to do when she is around the adults at Efifi?
(a) Touch them.
(b) Listen to them talk.
(c) Tell them about her journey.
(d) Get them to smile.
13. Which of the following do Baba Joseph's people NOT do with hot coals?
(a) Roll on them.
(b) Cook over them.
(c) Eat them.
(d) Walk on them.
14. What kind of tree sap does Nhamo use to plug the holes in the boat?
(a) Lucky Bean.
15. How is Nhamo injured after she attacks Dr. Van Heerden?
(a) Her hand is cut.
(b) Her head is bruised.
(c) Her ankle is sprained.
(d) Her wrist is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
2. Why does Dr. Van Heerden not go with Nhamo the first time she approaches the family?
3. Who does the woman in the margarine ad look like?
4. What kind of carcass does Nhamo find after leaving the cave?
5. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)