|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wasp do after killing something in front of Nhamo?
(a) Eats his prize.
(b) Lays some eggs.
(c) Flies away.
2. What is the name of the cousin that Nhamo becomes close with after moving in with her father's family?
3. What was Nhamo's father's name?
4. What does Nhamo notice about the first family she sees after the storm?
(a) They are fat.
(b) They are white.
(c) They have strange hair.
(d) They are naked.
5. Who does Musuku want Nhamo to contact after her ceremony with Baba Joseph?
(a) Her father.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) Her family.
(d) A school.
6. What is Nhamo's mother doing in her dream after she sees the goat underground?
7. What two things does Nhamo try to be while at Efifi?
(a) Careful and respectful.
(b) Silent and loving.
(c) Invisible and helpful.
(d) Kind and open.
8. What does Nhamo do when she finds a goat underground?
(a) Lay down with it.
(b) Drinks some milk.
(c) Chases it away.
(d) Kills and eats it.
9. What signals the beginning of the rainy season?
(a) Budding trees.
(b) Green grass.
(c) Warm breezes.
10. With what do the baboons in Nhamo's story fill a goat skin?
(b) Banana peels.
11. Why does Dr. Masuku want to send Nhamo to the city?
(a) To heal from her illness.
(b) To find her father.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To get out of the way.
12. What does Nhamo do when she sees her doctor for the first time?
(a) Throws something at him.
13. Who does the woman in the margarine ad look like?
(d) Nhamo's grandmother.
14. What does Dr. Van Heerden bring back with him from the city?
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) His dog.
(c) Some candy.
(d) Educational books.
15. What does Muzuku say to Nhamo as she is preparing to live with her father's family?
(a) She can always come back to Efifi.
(b) She hopes they meet again someday.
(c) She made it.
(d) She should be proud of her accomplishments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
2. Where does Nhamo stay during the storm?
3. What are the people at Efifi trying to kill?
4. What does the nganga give Nhamo to prove her parentage?
5. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)