|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do Baba Joseph's people NOT do with hot coals?
(a) Roll on them.
(b) Cook over them.
(c) Walk on them.
(d) Eat them.
2. What is Efifi?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A science research center.
(c) A college.
(d) A church.
3. Why does the person Nhamo talks to at her family's house accept her?
(a) She looks like his first wife.
(b) She is a person in need.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She has lived an amazing life.
4. What time is Nhamo told to come back by her aunt?
(a) 4:00 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 7:00 pm.
(d) 6:00 pm.
5. To whom does Nhamo tell her story at her family's house?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The servant.
(d) A nganga.
6. What makes Nhamo so listless as she works on her boat?
7. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family?
(a) Sister Gladys.
(b) Sister Martha.
(c) Sister Mary.
(d) Sister Gina.
8. Why does Nhamo attack Dr. Van Heerden when he comes back from the city?
(a) She thinks his dogs are attacking her.
(b) She thinks he wants her to leave.
(c) She thinks he wants to experiment on her.
(d) She thinks he is a bad spirit.
9. What do the baboons do when they hear the leopard?
(b) Hide in the trees.
(c) Run in a scattered pattern.
(d) Go silent.
10. Why is Nhamo's hair shaved off after she attacks Van Heerdon?
(a) They want to do a head scan.
(b) She is being punished.
(c) Demons get tangled in hair.
(d) It is part of her repentance.
11. Who likes Nhamo the most at Efifi?
(a) Dr. Masuku.
(b) Mr. Heerden.
(c) Father Jasuka.
(d) Baba Joseph.
12. Where is Nhamo offered a job during the summer?
(a) A mine.
(c) The college.
(d) A hotel.
13. What does Muzuku say to Nhamo as she is preparing to live with her father's family?
(a) She can always come back to Efifi.
(b) She hopes they meet again someday.
(c) She should be proud of her accomplishments.
(d) She made it.
14. In what form do the njuzu come?
(a) Small beetles.
15. Where is Nhamo's father?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) Buried under a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the roar of the leopard remind Nhamo of?
2. What is the name of the cousin that Nhamo becomes close with after moving in with her father's family?
3. Why is Nhamo angry at herself when the first signs of the rainy season appear?
4. Where did Nhamo's grandfather make his fortune?
5. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)