|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph?
(a) Her journey.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Sacrificing cows.
(d) Long Teats.
2. Where is Nhamo offered a job during the summer?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The college.
(d) A mine.
3. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
(a) Another wasp.
(b) A spider.
(c) A hornet.
(d) A mouse.
4. With what do the baboons in Nhamo's story fill a goat skin?
(a) Banana peels.
5. How are Nhamo and the nganga related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her great-grandfather.
(c) He is her great-uncle.
(d) He is her grandfather.
6. Who is the first person Nhamo sees when she wakes up?
(a) Dr. Masuku.
(b) Mr. Heerden.
(c) Father Jasuka.
(d) Baba Joseph.
7. What does Nhamo call Dr. Masuku?
8. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
(a) She died.
(b) She is married to the man Nhamo was promised to.
(c) She had another baby.
(d) Her monthly bleeding never came back.
9. What does the farmer in Nhamo's story do to get back at the baboons?
(a) Kidnaps their leader.
(b) Takes their food.
(c) Digs a pit.
(d) Poisons the waterhole.
10. How does Nhamo feel when Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
11. In what form do the njuzu come?
(a) Small beetles.
12. What is Nhamo's mother doing in her dream after she sees the goat underground?
13. Why is Nhamo's hair shaved off after she attacks Van Heerdon?
(a) She is being punished.
(b) Demons get tangled in hair.
(c) They want to do a head scan.
(d) It is part of her repentance.
14. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
(a) Angering the leopard.
(b) The border patrol.
(c) Talking to spirits.
(d) Speaking her native language.
15. Whom does Nhamo ask about the ceremony Baba Joseph did on her?
(b) Baba Joseph.
(c) Van Heerden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nhamo's father?
2. Which of the following do Baba Joseph's people NOT do with hot coals?
3. What is Nhamo's father's surname?
4. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
5. What does Nhamo's mother tell her after she learns about the leopard on the island?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)