|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
(a) Speaking her native language.
(b) Angering the leopard.
(c) The border patrol.
(d) Talking to spirits.
2. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Heerdon?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is possessed.
(c) She is afraid of the dog.
(d) She is having a mental breakdown.
3. What does the bright light Nhamo sees turn out to be?
(a) A house.
(b) A car.
(c) A star.
(d) A store.
4. What is the first vehicle Nhamo sees?
(a) A motor boat.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A jeep.
5. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
6. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
(a) A hornet.
(b) A spider.
(c) A mouse.
(d) Another wasp.
7. Where does Nhamo stay during the storm?
(a) An abandoned hut.
(b) A hollow tree.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Her overturned boat.
8. About what does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph?
(a) Sacrificing cows.
(b) Her journey.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Long Teats.
9. What is Nhamo's father's surname?
10. Who takes care of Nhamo when she moves to her father's family's house?
(a) The ngaga.
(b) The servants.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandfather.
11. Where does Nhamo get the idea to plug the holes in the boat?
(a) A memory of Crocodile Guts.
(b) Her mother whispers to her.
(c) Watching termites repair their nest.
(d) Watching sap drip.
12. What makes Nhamo so listless as she works on her boat?
13. What two things does Nhamo try to be while at Efifi?
(a) Kind and open.
(b) Careful and respectful.
(c) Silent and loving.
(d) Invisible and helpful.
14. Which baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(d) Fat Cheeks.
15. Which of the following spirits does NOT come to Nhamo to speak with her at the end of the book?
(a) Proud Jongwe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo like to do when she is around the adults at Efifi?
2. Where does Nhamo go for summer vacation?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Nhamo learns while at Efifi?
4. What does Baba Joseph do with Nhamo's panga?
5. What is Nhamo's mother doing in her dream after she sees the goat underground?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)