|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nhamo's father's totem animal?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Nhamo learns while at Efifi?
3. What is the first vehicle Nhamo sees?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A motor boat.
(d) A jeep.
4. With what do the baboons in Nhamo's story fill a goat skin?
(a) Banana peels.
5. Why do the baboons in Nhamo's play a prank on the farmer?
(a) The farmer took their land.
(b) The baboons think he killed their leader.
(c) The baboons want his hut.
(d) The farmer does not share his food.
6. What kind of animal does Nhamo think lives in the cave with the tree?
7. Where did Nhamo's grandfather make his fortune?
(a) In the research profession.
(b) In the fishing business.
(c) In the steel mines.
(d) In the chrome mines.
8. What does the old man in the hospital do for Nhamo?
(a) Feeds her.
(b) Reads to her.
(c) Sings to her.
(d) Brushes her hair.
9. Why does Dr. Masuku not want to get married?
(a) She is wealthy.
(b) It is like slavery.
(c) It is old fashioned.
(d) Her mother told her not to.
10. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
11. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Skins it.
(c) Prays over it.
(d) Takes some meat to smoke it.
12. What does Nhamo drink at Efifi that she loves more than anything else there?
13. What does Nhamo do when she tends to the livestock?
(b) Tells stories.
(c) Prays to her ancestors.
(d) Draws pictures.
14. Why does Dr. Masuku want to send Nhamo to the city?
(a) To find her father.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To get out of the way.
(d) To heal from her illness.
15. Who protects Nhamo when she is chased after seeing the family?
(a) Crocodile Guts.
(b) Long Teats.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the woman in the margarine ad look like?
2. What does the family send after Nhamo when they see her in the yard?
3. Whom does Nhamo ask about the ceremony Baba Joseph did on her?
4. What does Nhamo do to comfort her cousin who gets teased?
5. Why is Nhamo's hair shaved off after she attacks Van Heerdon?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)