|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Musuku want Nhamo to contact after her ceremony with Baba Joseph?
(a) Her father.
(b) A school.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) Her family.
2. Who is the first person Nhamo sees when she wakes up?
(a) Baba Joseph.
(b) Mr. Heerden.
(c) Dr. Masuku.
(d) Father Jasuka.
3. Where does Nhamo get the idea to plug the holes in the boat?
(a) Watching termites repair their nest.
(b) A memory of Crocodile Guts.
(c) Her mother whispers to her.
(d) Watching sap drip.
4. How does Nhamo feel when Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
5. Who protects Nhamo when she is chased after seeing the family?
(a) Crocodile Guts.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Long Teats.
6. Who takes Nhamo to meet her family?
(a) Sister Gina.
(b) Sister Mary.
(c) Sister Martha.
(d) Sister Gladys.
7. What does the nganga give Nhamo to prove her parentage?
(a) A written letter of approval.
(b) Her father's birth certificate.
(c) Her parent's wedding license.
(d) A picture.
8. What news does a haze tell Nhamo one day at Efifi?
(a) Grandmother is dead.
(b) Her family is waiting.
(c) Her father has passed on.
(d) She has honored her mother.
9. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
(a) Talking to spirits.
(b) Angering the leopard.
(c) The border patrol.
(d) Speaking her native language.
10. Why does Dr. Masuku want to send Nhamo to the city?
(a) To find her father.
(b) To heal from her illness.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To get out of the way.
11. What does Nhamo call Dr. Masuku?
12. What is the first vehicle Nhamo sees?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A jeep.
(c) A motor boat.
(d) A helicopter.
13. What kind of tree does Nhamo find in a cave?
(c) Lucky Bean.
14. What do the baboons do when they hear the leopard?
(a) Run in a scattered pattern.
(c) Go silent.
(d) Hide in the trees.
15. What kind of carcass does Nhamo find after leaving the cave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bright light Nhamo sees turn out to be?
2. What does the family send after Nhamo when they see her in the yard?
3. What does Nhamo do when she tends to the livestock?
4. Where did Nhamo's grandfather make his fortune?
5. What kind of tree sap does Nhamo use to plug the holes in the boat?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)