|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nhamo go for summer vacation?
(a) Her father's mountain.
(c) The island.
(d) Her home village.
2. What does Nhamo notice about the first family she sees after the storm?
(a) They are white.
(b) They are naked.
(c) They have strange hair.
(d) They are fat.
3. What is Efifi?
(a) A church.
(b) A science research center.
(c) A college.
(d) A hospital.
4. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
(a) A hornet.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A spider.
(d) Another wasp.
5. What does the nganga give Nhamo to prove her parentage?
(a) Her father's birth certificate.
(b) A written letter of approval.
(c) A picture.
(d) Her parent's wedding license.
6. Where is Nhamo offered a job during the summer?
(a) A mine.
(b) The college.
(c) A hotel.
7. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
(a) She tells them she is from another country.
(b) She talks about her fondness for the baboons.
(c) She mentions that she talks to spirits.
(d) She tells them the leopard is tracking her.
8. What kind of tree does Nhamo find in a cave?
(c) Lucky Bean.
9. What does Nhamo call Dr. Masuku?
10. How is Nhamo injured after she attacks Dr. Van Heerden?
(a) Her ankle is sprained.
(b) Her hand is cut.
(c) Her head is bruised.
(d) Her wrist is broken.
11. Which baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(c) Fat Cheeks.
12. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Skins it.
(c) Prays over it.
(d) Takes some meat to smoke it.
13. What does Nhamo like to do when she is around the adults at Efifi?
(a) Get them to smile.
(b) Tell them about her journey.
(c) Listen to them talk.
(d) Touch them.
14. How does Nhamo feel when Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
15. What does the family send after Nhamo when they see her in the yard?
(a) The police.
(b) Their son.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Muzuku say to Nhamo as she is preparing to live with her father's family?
2. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
3. What does Nhamo do when she sees her doctor for the first time?
4. What does Nhamo do when she tends to the livestock?
5. About what does Baba Joseph tell Nhamo a story?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)