|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo like to do when she is around the adults at Efifi?
(a) Tell them about her journey.
(b) Listen to them talk.
(c) Touch them.
(d) Get them to smile.
2. What does Baba Joseph do with Nhamo's panga?
(a) Cracks it.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Paints it.
(d) Burns it.
3. What makes Nhamo so listless as she works on her boat?
4. Where did Nhamo's grandfather make his fortune?
(a) In the steel mines.
(b) In the chrome mines.
(c) In the fishing business.
(d) In the research profession.
5. What was Nhamo's father's name?
6. Which baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(b) Fat Cheeks.
7. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
(a) She is married to the man Nhamo was promised to.
(b) She died.
(c) She had another baby.
(d) Her monthly bleeding never came back.
8. What two things does Nhamo try to be while at Efifi?
(a) Silent and loving.
(b) Kind and open.
(c) Invisible and helpful.
(d) Careful and respectful.
9. About what does Baba Joseph tell Nhamo a story?
10. Where is Nhamo's father?
(a) Buried under a mountain.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the ocean.
(d) In a hospital.
11. What is Nhamo's father's surname?
12. Where does Van Heerden tell Nhamo to put her grandmother's gold?
(a) Her great-grandfather's account.
(b) A safety deposit box.
(c) A bank.
(d) His safe keeping.
13. Why does the person Nhamo talks to at her family's house accept her?
(a) She has lived an amazing life.
(b) She looks like his first wife.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She is a person in need.
14. Who likes Nhamo the most at Efifi?
(a) Dr. Masuku.
(b) Baba Joseph.
(c) Father Jasuka.
(d) Mr. Heerden.
15. Where does Nhamo go for summer vacation?
(b) Her home village.
(c) The island.
(d) Her father's mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does a haze tell Nhamo one day at Efifi?
2. What signals the beginning of the rainy season?
3. Why does Dr. Van Heerden interrupt Baba Joseph when he is trying to cure Nhamo?
4. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
5. What time is Nhamo told to come back by her aunt?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)