|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A spider.
(c) Another wasp.
(d) A hornet.
2. Why is Nhamo angry at herself when the first signs of the rainy season appear?
(a) Working so slowly on the boat.
(b) Trusting the baboons.
(c) Not building a better shelter.
(d) Allowing her boat to get damaged.
3. Where does Nhamo stay during the storm?
(a) In a cave.
(b) A hollow tree.
(c) Her overturned boat.
(d) An abandoned hut.
4. Which of the following do Baba Joseph's people NOT do with hot coals?
(a) Roll on them.
(b) Cook over them.
(c) Walk on them.
(d) Eat them.
5. Why does Baba Joseph think Nhamo attacked Heerdon?
(a) She is afraid of the dog.
(b) She is possessed.
(c) She is having a mental breakdown.
(d) She hates him.
6. What kind of carcass does Nhamo find after leaving the cave?
7. What does Nhamo do to comfort her cousin who gets teased?
(a) Makes some food.
(b) Plays a game.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Tells a story.
8. What does the family send after Nhamo when they see her in the yard?
(b) A servant.
(c) The police.
(d) Their son.
9. Which baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(a) Fat Cheeks.
10. What does the farmer in Nhamo's story do to get back at the baboons?
(a) Kidnaps their leader.
(b) Poisons the waterhole.
(c) Takes their food.
(d) Digs a pit.
11. What does Dr. Van Heerden bring back with him from the city?
(a) Educational books.
(b) Some candy.
(c) His dog.
(d) Medical supplies.
12. Where is Nhamo's father?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) Buried under a mountain.
(c) In prison.
(d) In the ocean.
13. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
14. What is destroyed when a baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(a) Half of her meat supply.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) The magazine cover.
(d) The knife.
15. What does Nhamo's mother tell her after she learns about the leopard on the island?
(a) To be careful.
(b) To not worry.
(c) To protect herself.
(d) To leave soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what do the baboons in Nhamo's story fill a goat skin?
2. What was Nhamo's father's name?
3. What does Nhamo do when she finds a goat underground?
4. What is the name of the cousin that Nhamo becomes close with after moving in with her father's family?
5. What does the nganga give Nhamo to prove her parentage?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)