|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does Nhamo think lives in the cave with the tree?
2. How are Nhamo and the nganga related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her great-grandfather.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her great-uncle.
3. Why is Nhamo's hair shaved off after she attacks Van Heerdon?
(a) They want to do a head scan.
(b) Demons get tangled in hair.
(c) It is part of her repentance.
(d) She is being punished.
4. Where does Nhamo get the idea to plug the holes in the boat?
(a) Her mother whispers to her.
(b) Watching sap drip.
(c) Watching termites repair their nest.
(d) A memory of Crocodile Guts.
5. Why is Nhamo so shocked about her doctor?
(a) He is tall.
(b) He is white.
(c) He is old.
(d) He is young.
6. What do the people in the village tell Nhamo to avoid on her journey?
(a) Angering the leopard.
(b) Speaking her native language.
(c) The border patrol.
(d) Talking to spirits.
7. What does Nhamo call Dr. Masuku?
8. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
(a) She mentions that she talks to spirits.
(b) She tells them she is from another country.
(c) She talks about her fondness for the baboons.
(d) She tells them the leopard is tracking her.
9. What does Nhamo want to do after her possessions are ruined?
10. What news does a haze tell Nhamo one day at Efifi?
(a) Her family is waiting.
(b) She has honored her mother.
(c) Grandmother is dead.
(d) Her father has passed on.
11. What is Nhamo's aunt's name in her father's family?
12. What are the people at Efifi trying to kill?
13. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) Skins it.
(b) Takes some meat to smoke it.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Prays over it.
14. Where does Nhamo stay during the storm?
(a) In a cave.
(b) An abandoned hut.
(c) Her overturned boat.
(d) A hollow tree.
15. Which of the following spirits does NOT come to Nhamo to speak with her at the end of the book?
(d) Proud Jongwe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Nhamo learns while at Efifi?
3. What do the baboons do when they hear the leopard?
4. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
5. Why does Nhamo attack Dr. Van Heerden when he comes back from the city?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)