|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Baba Joseph tell Nhamo a story?
2. What does Nhamo do when she tends to the livestock?
(a) Tells stories.
(c) Draws pictures.
(d) Prays to her ancestors.
3. What is the first vehicle Nhamo sees?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A motor boat.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A jeep.
4. What does Nhamo think when she looks in the mirror at the hospital?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is disbelieving.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is disgusted.
5. Which of the following do Baba Joseph's people NOT do with hot coals?
(a) Walk on them.
(b) Roll on them.
(c) Cook over them.
(d) Eat them.
6. About what does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph?
(a) Sacrificing cows.
(b) Her journey.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Long Teats.
7. What was Nhamo's father's totem animal?
8. What does Nhamo do with the carcass she finds after leaving the cave?
(a) Takes some meat to smoke it.
(b) Prays over it.
(c) Skins it.
(d) Buries it.
9. What was Nhamo's father's name?
10. Why is Nhamo so shocked about her doctor?
(a) He is old.
(b) He is tall.
(c) He is young.
(d) He is white.
11. What is Nhamo's mother doing in her dream after she sees the goat underground?
12. Where does Van Heerden tell Nhamo to put her grandmother's gold?
(a) His safe keeping.
(b) A safety deposit box.
(c) Her great-grandfather's account.
(d) A bank.
13. Where is Nhamo's father?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) Buried under a mountain.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In prison.
14. What news does a haze tell Nhamo one day at Efifi?
(a) Her family is waiting.
(b) Her father has passed on.
(c) Grandmother is dead.
(d) She has honored her mother.
15. Why does Dr. Van Heerden interrupt Baba Joseph when he is trying to cure Nhamo?
(a) He needs to speak to Nhamo.
(b) He doesn't want a law suit.
(c) He is worried about her.
(d) His shift has started.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals the beginning of the rainy season?
2. In what form do the njuzu come?
3. What does the bright light Nhamo sees turn out to be?
4. What makes Nhamo so listless as she works on her boat?
5. How is Nhamo injured after she attacks Dr. Van Heerden?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)