|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Nhamo tell Baba Joseph?
(a) Long Teats.
(b) Her journey.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Sacrificing cows.
2. What was Nhamo's father's totem animal?
3. What does Nhamo watch a wasp kill?
(a) A spider.
(b) A mouse.
(c) Another wasp.
(d) A hornet.
4. What is destroyed when a baboon gets into Nhamo's platform?
(a) The knife.
(b) The magazine cover.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Half of her meat supply.
5. Where did Nhamo's grandfather make his fortune?
(a) In the fishing business.
(b) In the steel mines.
(c) In the chrome mines.
(d) In the research profession.
6. Which of the following is NOT something Nhamo learns while at Efifi?
7. What kind of tree sap does Nhamo use to plug the holes in the boat?
(b) Lucky Bean.
8. Where does Nhamo stay during the storm?
(a) A hollow tree.
(b) An abandoned hut.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Her overturned boat.
9. What does Nhamo do when she finds a goat underground?
(a) Chases it away.
(b) Lay down with it.
(c) Kills and eats it.
(d) Drinks some milk.
10. Why is Nhamo's hair shaved off after she attacks Van Heerdon?
(a) It is part of her repentance.
(b) Demons get tangled in hair.
(c) She is being punished.
(d) They want to do a head scan.
11. What does the old man in the hospital do for Nhamo?
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Reads to her.
(c) Sings to her.
(d) Feeds her.
12. Why does Nhamo attack Dr. Van Heerden when he comes back from the city?
(a) She thinks he wants to experiment on her.
(b) She thinks he is a bad spirit.
(c) She thinks he wants her to leave.
(d) She thinks his dogs are attacking her.
13. What does the family send after Nhamo when they see her in the yard?
(a) A servant.
(b) Their son.
(c) The police.
14. Why does Dr. Masuku not want to get married?
(a) It is old fashioned.
(b) Her mother told her not to.
(c) It is like slavery.
(d) She is wealthy.
15. What does Musuku teach Nhamo to wear?
(b) Head wraps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bright light Nhamo sees turn out to be?
2. About what does Baba Joseph tell Nhamo a story?
3. What does Muzuku say to Nhamo as she is preparing to live with her father's family?
4. Why is Nhamo not allowed to stay overnight in the village?
5. What news does Nhamo get about Masvita during summer vacation?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)