|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruins Nhamo's traps?
(a) A snake.
(b) A baboon.
(c) A large bird.
(d) A wild cat.
2. What does the sting that Nhamo gets while working on her boat cause her to do?
(a) Swell up.
(c) Lose feeling in her hand.
3. How did Grandmother say Chipo felt when Nhamo was born?
4. What does Grandmother say she wants to help Nhamo do?
(b) Be a good wife.
(c) Find a good husband.
(d) Understand her family.
5. What is Nhamo's mother's name?
6. What does Nhamo's family do when they return to their village?
(a) Work her to the bone.
(b) Communicate with Nhamo's future husband.
(c) Prepare for her wedding.
(d) Serve Masvita to help heal her.
7. What does Nhamo try to imitate while learning to swim?
(c) Men from the village.
8. What kind of insect does Nhamo roast to eat?
9. Who tells Nhamo to start working on her boat?
(a) Crocodile Guts.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The baboons.
(d) Her grandmother.
10. What does a baby baboon do that makes Nhamo feel comforted?
(a) Plays with her.
(b) Protects her.
(c) Grooms her.
(d) Brings her food.
11. What does Nhamo use to wash the dishes?
(a) Ash and sand.
(b) Bathing water.
(c) Waterless soap.
(d) River water.
12. Where does Masvita go after the meeting with the muvuki?
(a) The trader's house.
(b) The inn.
(c) Vatete's village.
(d) Her home village.
13. What does Nhamo teach herself during her boat journey?
(a) To fish.
(b) To bathe.
(c) To swim.
(d) To steer.
14. What does Chipo say the spirit demands in payment?
(a) More money.
(c) Another cow.
15. What does Chipo do in the days before Nhamo's wedding?
(a) Ignores Nhamo.
(b) Scolds Nhamo.
(c) Beats Nhamo.
(d) Hugs and holds Nhamo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a zango?
2. What do the baboons do when they see Nhamo at the river getting water?
3. What does Nhamo get stung by while working on her boat?
4. What is the name of Masvita's aunt in the other village?
5. Who did Useless marry?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)