|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruins Nhamo's traps?
(a) A snake.
(b) A large bird.
(c) A baboon.
(d) A wild cat.
2. What is a zango?
(a) A charm against witches.
(b) A valuable jewel.
(c) A sign of the epidemic.
(d) A family crest.
3. What does Nhamo hunt on her first try?
4. What kind of insect does Nhamo roast to eat?
5. How does Nhamo feel when she is in the boat on her first day?
6. What is the name of the man who owns the boat that Nhamo uses to escape?
(a) Frog Head.
(b) Newt Toes.
(c) Salamander Tail.
(d) Crocodile Guts.
7. In a dream, what does Crocodile Guts remind Nhamo to do?
(a) Listen to the njuzu.
(b) Pack food for her journey.
(c) Thank the ancestors.
(d) Have faith in her abilities.
8. In what lake is the island?
(a) Calenda Blessa.
(b) Cabrinda Bissa.
(c) Carbona Bassa.
(d) Cabora Bassa.
9. What is wrong with the lone baboon on the island?
(a) It has a deformed arm.
(b) It has a gash on its back.
(c) It is missing an eye.
(d) It has a twisted foot.
10. How did Grandmother say Chipo felt when Nhamo was born?
11. Who tells Nhamo to start working on her boat?
(a) The baboons.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Crocodile Guts.
12. Where does Nhamo get the clay she uses to repair her boat?
(a) A beaver dam.
(b) A baboon nest.
(c) A termite hill.
(d) The river banks.
13. What does Grandmother say she wants to help Nhamo do?
(a) Understand her family.
(c) Find a good husband.
(d) Be a good wife.
14. What is the name of Masvita's aunt in the other village?
15. What does Grandmother pay to resolve the issue of the murdered man?
(a) Two pounds of sugar cane.
(b) Two cows.
(c) Two sacks of mealies.
(d) Two months of wheat harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo get to protect her from Long Teats?
2. What are njuzu?
3. Whom does Nhamo dream about going over a cliff?
4. What does the trader's wife think of the muvuki?
5. How long does Nhamo fight the current before she sees land?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)