|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the muvuki use to diagnose the problem?
(a) Hokoto leaves.
(b) Hikiti water.
(c) Hukutu oil.
(d) Hakata sticks.
2. What kind of insect does Nhamo roast to eat?
3. What is Princess Senwa's husband's name?
4. Who calls Nhamo's mother a witch?
5. What is the name of Masvita's aunt in the other village?
6. What does a baby baboon do that makes Nhamo feel comforted?
(a) Plays with her.
(b) Protects her.
(c) Grooms her.
(d) Brings her food.
7. Which of the following is NOT one of the food items Nhamo finds on the big island?
8. Who tells Nhamo to find more people in her life?
(a) The Njuzu.
(b) Crocodile Guts.
(c) Her grandmother's spirit.
(d) Her mother.
9. Where does Nhamo sleep while on the big island?
(a) A hollowed out tree.
(b) On the lake shore.
(c) The boat.
(d) In a cave.
10. Why is the boy in Nhamo's story making a rope?
(a) To climb to the sky.
(b) To wrap the world.
(c) To pull his grandmother's farm closer.
(d) To tie up his future wife.
11. What does Nhamo make out of the bark of the tree?
(c) An insect repellant.
(d) A belt.
12. What did Princess Senwa do when her husband betrayed her?
(a) Cursed him.
(b) Sang a sad song the rest of her days.
(c) Killed their baby.
(d) Jumped off a cliff.
13. What was wrong with Masvita after the cholera epidemic?
(a) Her monthly bleeding stopped.
(b) She lost some of her hair.
(c) She had strange scars on her back.
(d) She was weak and listless.
14. What do the baboons refuse to do for the deformed baboon?
(a) Sleep near him.
(b) Groom him.
(c) Hunt for him.
(d) Protect him.
15. What does Nhamo see as a sign that she can keep the item she found in the hut on the island?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A gardenia branch.
(c) An adder.
(d) An animal paw print.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who owns the boat that Nhamo uses to escape?
2. What does Nhamo get stung by while working on her boat?
3. Where does Nhamo get the clay she uses to repair her boat?
4. What does Chipo not like about the boat?
5. Where does Nhamo land after drifting unanchored all night?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)