|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Nhamo dream about going over a cliff?
(d) Crocodile Guts.
2. Where does Nhamo sleep while on the big island?
(a) A hollowed out tree.
(b) On the lake shore.
(c) In a cave.
(d) The boat.
3. What do the baboons do when they see Nhamo at the river getting water?
(a) Attack her.
(b) Embrace her.
(c) Run from her.
(d) Ignore her.
4. What does a baby baboon do that makes Nhamo feel comforted?
(a) Brings her food.
(b) Protects her.
(c) Grooms her.
(d) Plays with her.
5. What is wrong with the lone baboon on the island?
(a) It has a twisted foot.
(b) It has a deformed arm.
(c) It is missing an eye.
(d) It has a gash on its back.
6. What is the name of Nhamo's favorite baboon baby?
7. What does Nhamo hunt on her first try?
8. What does Grandmother say she wants to help Nhamo do?
(a) Be a good wife.
(c) Find a good husband.
(d) Understand her family.
9. To what does Nhamo compare the baboons as she watches them by the river?
10. What is the name of the trader's wife?
11. What does Nhamo get stung by while working on her boat?
(a) A horned beetle.
(b) A hornet.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A bee.
12. What does Nhamo use to hollow out her boat?
(a) A spear.
(b) Hot coals.
(d) Acidic venom.
13. What does Chipo do in the days before Nhamo's wedding?
(a) Hugs and holds Nhamo.
(b) Scolds Nhamo.
(c) Beats Nhamo.
(d) Ignores Nhamo.
14. In a dream, what does Crocodile Guts remind Nhamo to do?
(a) Listen to the njuzu.
(b) Have faith in her abilities.
(c) Thank the ancestors.
(d) Pack food for her journey.
15. What did Princess Senwa do when her husband betrayed her?
(a) Cursed him.
(b) Killed their baby.
(c) Sang a sad song the rest of her days.
(d) Jumped off a cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nhamo get the clay she uses to repair her boat?
2. What chore is Masvita doing while Nhamo prepares dinner?
3. Who calls Nhamo's mother a witch?
4. What ruins Nhamo's traps?
5. What does Nhamo see as a sign that she can keep the item she found in the hut on the island?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)