|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Useless marry?
(a) A njuzu.
(b) A princess.
(c) A muzuki.
(d) A nganga.
2. In a dream, what does Crocodile Guts remind Nhamo to do?
(a) Pack food for her journey.
(b) Thank the ancestors.
(c) Have faith in her abilities.
(d) Listen to the njuzu.
3. What does Masvita's aunt die from?
4. Whom does Nhamo dream about going over a cliff?
(b) Crocodile Guts.
5. What does Chipo do in the days before Nhamo's wedding?
(a) Ignores Nhamo.
(b) Scolds Nhamo.
(c) Beats Nhamo.
(d) Hugs and holds Nhamo.
6. What does Kufa say the disobedient wife was eaten by?
(a) A baby.
(b) A snake.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A leopard.
7. Who helps a girl when she reaches womanhood?
(a) An aunt.
(b) The mother.
(c) The eldest sister.
(d) A grandmother.
8. What does Nhamo have to fight off when she first gets to the big island?
(a) A baboon.
(b) A lemur.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A jaguar.
9. What kind of insect does Nhamo roast to eat?
10. What is Princess Senwa's husband's name?
11. Why does Nhamo procrastinate checking her animal traps?
(a) She is dizzy.
(b) She does not need food.
(c) It is getting dark.
(d) She has other things to do.
12. What did Princess Senwa do when her husband betrayed her?
(a) Cursed him.
(b) Killed their baby.
(c) Sang a sad song the rest of her days.
(d) Jumped off a cliff.
13. What does Nhamo do with the fish she catches?
(a) Eats them.
(b) Dries them.
(c) Uses them in animal traps.
(d) Smokes them.
14. What does Nhamo's family do when they return to their village?
(a) Work her to the bone.
(b) Serve Masvita to help heal her.
(c) Prepare for her wedding.
(d) Communicate with Nhamo's future husband.
15. What is wrong with the lone baboon on the island?
(a) It has a deformed arm.
(b) It has a gash on its back.
(c) It is missing an eye.
(d) It has a twisted foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chipo say the spirit demands in payment?
2. What does the trader's wife think of the muvuki?
3. What does Grandmother say she wants to help Nhamo do?
4. Where does Nhamo's father's family live?
5. What kind of animal causes Nhamo to take a break from her boating?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)