|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Long Teats eat?
(a) Baby's blood.
(b) Dead humans.
(c) Finger nails.
2. What does Nhamo use to hollow out her boat?
(a) A spear.
(c) Hot coals.
(d) Acidic venom.
3. Where does Nhamo land after drifting unanchored all night?
(a) The beach.
(b) An island.
(c) A sand bar.
(d) A strange lake.
4. What kind of insect does Nhamo roast to eat?
5. In a dream, what does Crocodile Guts remind Nhamo to do?
(a) Have faith in her abilities.
(b) Thank the ancestors.
(c) Pack food for her journey.
(d) Listen to the njuzu.
6. What does Nhamo use to wash the dishes?
(a) River water.
(b) Ash and sand.
(c) Bathing water.
(d) Waterless soap.
7. What does Nhamo hunt on her first try?
8. Why does Ruva stop eating?
(a) She is worried about her family.
(b) She wants to die to be with her mother.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She wants the sick people to have her share.
9. Why is Nhamo so afraid when she dreams about Crocodile Guts?
(a) He is dead.
(b) She lied to him.
(c) She took his boat.
(d) He was always mean to her.
10. What are njuzu?
(a) Nutritional water plants.
(b) Strange waves.
(c) Water spirits.
(d) River scavengers.
11. Who helps a girl when she reaches womanhood?
(a) A grandmother.
(b) An aunt.
(c) The mother.
(d) The eldest sister.
12. How old was Nhamo when her mother died?
13. Who notices that Nhamo is jealous of Masvita's womanhood?
14. What is Nhamo's most prized possession?
(a) A magazine cover.
(b) A chocolate wrapper.
(c) A tea cup.
(d) A tin box.
15. Where does Nhamo get the clay she uses to repair her boat?
(a) A baboon nest.
(b) A beaver dam.
(c) The river banks.
(d) A termite hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhamo teach herself during her boat journey?
2. What is wrong with the lone baboon on the island?
3. How does Nhamo decide to get herself off the island?
4. How does Nhamo harden her wood spears?
5. What does Nhamo make out of the bark of the tree?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)