|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo get to protect her from Long Teats?
(a) Face paint.
(b) A large fire.
(c) Long branches.
(d) A phial of spring water.
2. What do the baboons do when they see Nhamo at the river getting water?
(a) Attack her.
(b) Ignore her.
(c) Run from her.
(d) Embrace her.
3. How does Nhamo feel when she is in the boat on her first day?
4. What kind of animal causes Nhamo to take a break from her boating?
5. What does Grandmother pay to resolve the issue of the murdered man?
(a) Two pounds of sugar cane.
(b) Two cows.
(c) Two months of wheat harvest.
(d) Two sacks of mealies.
6. What does Chipo do in the days before Nhamo's wedding?
(a) Scolds Nhamo.
(b) Hugs and holds Nhamo.
(c) Ignores Nhamo.
(d) Beats Nhamo.
7. What does the muvuki use to diagnose the problem?
(a) Hikiti water.
(b) Hokoto leaves.
(c) Hukutu oil.
(d) Hakata sticks.
8. Where does Nhamo get the clay she uses to repair her boat?
(a) The river banks.
(b) A baboon nest.
(c) A beaver dam.
(d) A termite hill.
9. What does Long Teats eat?
(a) Baby's blood.
(b) Finger nails.
(c) Dead humans.
10. What is the name of Masvita's aunt in the other village?
11. Which of the following is NOT one of the food items Nhamo finds on the big island?
12. What does Nhamo try to imitate while learning to swim?
(b) Men from the village.
13. What was wrong with Masvita after the cholera epidemic?
(a) Her monthly bleeding stopped.
(b) She had strange scars on her back.
(c) She was weak and listless.
(d) She lost some of her hair.
14. To what kind of tree does Nhamo tie her boat when she gets to the big island?
(a) Coconut tree.
(b) Fig tree.
(c) Oak tree.
(d) Water tree.
15. What does Grandmother say she wants to help Nhamo do?
(a) Find a good husband.
(c) Understand her family.
(d) Be a good wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nhamo dream about going over a cliff?
2. What starts while Nhamo is fighting against the current?
3. What does Nhamo hear as she is leaving the small island?
4. What is the name of the trader's wife?
5. What does Nhamo use to hollow out her boat?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)