Short Answer Questions Key
1. Why is Nhamo sitting in a fig tree at the beginning of the book?
She is trying to avoid doing chores.
2. What is the hozi?
A communal storage facility.
3. What chore is Masvita doing while Nhamo prepares dinner?
4. What killed Nhamo's mother?
5. What is Nhamo's most prized possession?
A magazine cover.
6. How old was Nhamo when her mother died?
7. What does the family not do while eating dinner?
8. What does Nhamo use to wash the dishes?
Ash and sand.
This section contains 3,735 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)