|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nhamo sitting in a fig tree at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is hiding from some boys.
(b) She is getting out of the heat.
(c) She is gathering figs for dinner.
(d) She is trying to avoid doing chores.
2. What does the bright light Nhamo sees turn out to be?
(a) A store.
(b) A car.
(c) A star.
(d) A house.
3. What does Nhamo take her grandmother to see when they reach their destination?
(a) A television.
(b) A guitar player.
(c) A wrestling match.
(d) A snake charmer.
4. What does Nhamo want to do on the tiny island off of the big island?
(a) Make a fire pit.
(b) Build a house.
(c) Plant her garden.
(d) Smoke meat.
5. How does Nhamo decide to get herself off the island?
(a) Build a new boat.
(b) Swim with the current.
(c) Wait for more humans.
(d) Repair the damaged boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nhamo's father's totem animal?
2. With whom does Nhamo spend most of her time after hearing that Dr. Masuku wants to send her to the city?
3. With what do the baboons in Nhamo's story fill a goat skin?
4. What does the wasp do after killing something in front of Nhamo?
5. What news does a haze tell Nhamo one day at Efifi?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)