|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the boy in Nhamo's story making a rope?
(a) To climb to the sky.
(b) To wrap the world.
(c) To pull his grandmother's farm closer.
(d) To tie up his future wife.
2. How does Nhamo decide to get herself off the island?
(a) Build a new boat.
(b) Repair the damaged boat.
(c) Swim with the current.
(d) Wait for more humans.
3. What is the name of the man who owns the boat that Nhamo uses to escape?
(a) Newt Toes.
(b) Salamander Tail.
(c) Frog Head.
(d) Crocodile Guts.
4. What does Kufa say the disobedient wife was eaten by?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A baby.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A snake.
5. Why does Dr. Van Heerden interrupt Baba Joseph when he is trying to cure Nhamo?
(a) He needs to speak to Nhamo.
(b) He is worried about her.
(c) His shift has started.
(d) He doesn't want a law suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do Baba Joseph's people NOT do with hot coals?
2. Who takes care of Nhamo when she moves to her father's family's house?
3. What does Nhamo see in the night that gives her hope?
4. What does Grandmother pay to resolve the issue of the murdered man?
5. What is the name of Masvita's aunt in the other village?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)