|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nhamo's most prized possession?
(a) A tea cup.
(b) A magazine cover.
(c) A chocolate wrapper.
(d) A tin box.
2. What does Grandmother pay to resolve the issue of the murdered man?
(a) Two cows.
(b) Two sacks of mealies.
(c) Two months of wheat harvest.
(d) Two pounds of sugar cane.
3. Why is Nhamo sitting in a fig tree at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is hiding from some boys.
(b) She is trying to avoid doing chores.
(c) She is getting out of the heat.
(d) She is gathering figs for dinner.
4. Where does Masvita go after the meeting with the muvuki?
(a) The trader's house.
(b) Vatete's village.
(c) The inn.
(d) Her home village.
5. Who notices that Nhamo is jealous of Masvita's womanhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the muvuki use to diagnose the problem?
2. What killed Nhamo's mother?
3. What is the hozi?
4. To what does Nhamo compare the trading post?
5. What shows that Masvita is entering womanhood?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)