|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhamo teach herself during her boat journey?
(a) To fish.
(b) To steer.
(c) To swim.
(d) To bathe.
2. What was wrong with Masvita after the cholera epidemic?
(a) She lost some of her hair.
(b) She had strange scars on her back.
(c) She was weak and listless.
(d) Her monthly bleeding stopped.
3. What does Nhamo do with the fish she catches?
(a) Smokes them.
(b) Dries them.
(c) Uses them in animal traps.
(d) Eats them.
4. What does Nhamo get to protect her from Long Teats?
(a) A large fire.
(b) Face paint.
(c) A phial of spring water.
(d) Long branches.
5. What does Nhamo see in the night that gives her hope?
(a) A herd of cranes.
(b) A star.
(c) A curve in the river.
(d) A light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nhamo procrastinate checking her animal traps?
2. How does Nhamo travel against the current?
3. What starts while Nhamo is fighting against the current?
4. How does Nhamo feel when she is in the boat on her first day?
5. What does Nhamo see as a sign that she can keep the item she found in the hut on the island?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)