Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Why is Nhamo sitting in a fig tree at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is trying to avoid doing chores.
(b) She is gathering figs for dinner.
(c) She is hiding from some boys.
(d) She is getting out of the heat.
2. What is the hozi?
(a) A communal storage facility.
(b) The church.
(c) The house of Nhamo's grandmother.
(d) The river fountain.
3. What chore is Masvita doing while Nhamo prepares dinner?
(a) Making pots.
(b) Separating corn kernels.
(c) Gathering water.
(d) Brushing her sister's hair.
4. What killed Nhamo's mother?
(a) A strange sickness.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A lion.
(d) A jealous man.
5. What is Nhamo's most prized possession?
(a) A chocolate wrapper.
(b) A tea cup.
(c) A tin box.
(d) A magazine cover.
6. How old was Nhamo when her mother died?
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
7. What does the family not do while eating dinner?
(a) Look at each other.
(b) Chew their food.
8. What does Nhamo use to wash the dishes?
(a) Waterless soap.
(b) River water.
(c) Ash and sand.
(d) Bathing water.
This section contains 3,735 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)