Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Nhamo is in a fig tree hiding from her aunt to avoid chores. She is found and sent to get mealies to grind for dinner.
• Nhamo's cousin, Masvita makes pots. Nhamo is jealous of her. Nhamo goes to see her grandmother who tells her a story.
• A King got jealous of the people worshiping Timbale, so he had his wife killed and made her skin into a drum. Mwari was angry, and hard work has been their lot ever since.
• Masvita is praised for her pots and given a drink while Nhamo is sent to gather firewood. Nhamo hates doing all the hard work.
• Nhamo does not mind getting firewood, because she can sneak away to her special spot.
• She has a tea party with her imaginary mother on a magazine cover. She talks to this cover as though it is real.
• Nhamo is terrified...
This section contains 3,234 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)