|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar feel about Father having no time to read his play?
2. What does Christina insist about the movie's hero?
3. In the morning, about what does Oscar read?
4. Why is Christina shocked that Oscar would waste time reading his play to this person?
5. What concerns Lily about the house, if Oscar does not care for it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is learned about Lily's breasts?
2. What does Jerry think about religion?
3. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
4. What might happen regarding the legal bills brought about from Oscars suit? Why is this?
5. How are Harry and Oscar's situations with their fathers similar?
6. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
7. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
8. What has happened because of Spot's death?
9. What does Lily say when she goes to see Oscar?
10. What are the connections between the play and the movie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oscar and Christina revert to childhood at the end of the novel.
Part 1) Are you surprised by this? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this behavior reflect the personalities of these characters?
Part 3) Why does the author end the story this way? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Oscar and Christina are siblings.
Part 1) Describe their relationship.
Part 2) Describe their similarities and differences. Explain why they have these similarities and differences.
Part 3) Compare and contrast their relationship with one another to their relationships with others.
Essay Topic 3
Another minor theme is religious hypocrisy.
Part 1) How is this a theme? Why has the author included this as a theme?
Part 2) What can you guess about the author's opinion of the judicial system, based on this theme?
Part 3) How is this theme threaded throughout the story? How is this theme significant? How does it affect the various characters?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)