|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar say about Jerry's ideas, regarding the story?
2. What does Christina say should have been an early sign Oscar would never please Father?
3. What has Oscar's ordeal done to Christina and Harry's marriage?
4. What does Oscar say when Christina tells him there will be no funeral?
5. Why are the Judge's ashes in a coffee can?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lily say when she goes to see Oscar?
2. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
3. What does Jerry think about religion?
4. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
5. How does Christina react when a real estate woman shows up at the house?
6. How are Harry and Oscar's situations with their fathers similar?
7. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
8. What might happen regarding the legal bills brought about from Oscars suit? Why is this?
9. What are the connections between the play and the movie?
10. What has happened because of Spot's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christina is frenzied and codependent.
Part 1) Why might she be this way? What makes this behavior escalate?
Part 2) How is this similar to Oscar's personality? How does it affect their relationship? Why does it affect their relationship?
Part 3) What affect does her personality have on Harry? Why does it have this affect?
Essay Topic 2
The title of the novel is "A Frolic of His Own."
Part 1) What is the meaning behind this title? How do you know this?
Part 2) If you could rename it, what would it be and why?
Part 3) How does this "frolic" affect the various characters? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Lily has a lump in her breast.
Part 1) How does this affect her? What role does her lump play in her relationship with Oscar?
Part 2) What is this lump? What dose she do with this knowledge? Why?
Part 3) How will this news about her lump affect her life? Explain.
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)