|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar respond when Pai questions him saying, could Livingston not be expected to receive many such unsolicited scripts, written solely in hopes of financial reward?
2. How many causes of action does the plaintiff claim he has sustained?
3. Why does Christina believe Trish could hardly seek an abortion in the hospital?
4. What has John Israel done?
5. Courage, Kane states, is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oscar want invasion of privacy added to his complaint? Why does he want to add this?
2. What happens in the next scene of Oscar's play?
3. What is explained about the slave, Israel? What are both the Major, Kane, and William's thoughts regarding this discussion?
4. How does the reader first meet Trish Hemsley?
5. How and why does Basie interrupt the reading of the script?
6. What does Oscar think of Basie? Why does he keep him around?
7. How does Kiester respond to this?
8. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
9. What is the complaint that is filed by Oscar?
10. What are news headlines, regarding Oscar's father? What do they mean for his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) How does Harry die? Is his death foreshadowed? Explain.
Part 2) How does his death affect the other characters? Why does it affect them this way?
Part 3) What is the purpose of Harry's death? Why would the author have him die?
Part 4) Compare and contrast aspects of Harry's life and death to that of Judge Crease's.
Essay Topic 2
The family myth is destroyed.
Part 1) What is the family myth? How is it destroyed? How are the various characters affected by this?
Part 2) How different would the story have been if this myth had been discovered earlier in the story?
Part 3) How has this discover affected you as the reader? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Trish has an abortion.
Part 1) Why does she have an abortion? What are the complications with this abortion? What does this abortion reveal about Trish's personality?
Part 2) Why does Harry not want Christina to get involved with Trish's problems? Is he right in saying this? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does Christina listen to Harry? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)