|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Christina announces someone is taking pictures on the lawn, what does Oscar demand?
2. Who is Christina's schoolgirl friend?
3. What does Oscar fear about his house?
4. When Bagby leaves, Thomas and Kane discuss what?
5. Christina mocks the thought of making a cripple cross the country to testify and suggests what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Harry and Christina at the beginning of the story?
2. What does Lily do and say when she visits Oscar?
3. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
4. What do Pai and Oscar do after Oscar's nap?
5. How does Kiester respond to this?
6. What takes place in Scene 2 of Oscar's play?
7. What is wrong with Lily, when she enters the scene?
8. What is the complaint that is filed by Oscar?
9. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
10. How does Basie explain why members of Oscar's family are left out of the suit and the language is repetitious?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christina is frenzied and codependent.
Part 1) Why might she be this way? What makes this behavior escalate?
Part 2) How is this similar to Oscar's personality? How does it affect their relationship? Why does it affect their relationship?
Part 3) What affect does her personality have on Harry? Why does it have this affect?
Essay Topic 2
The title of the novel is "A Frolic of His Own."
Part 1) What is the meaning behind this title? How do you know this?
Part 2) If you could rename it, what would it be and why?
Part 3) How does this "frolic" affect the various characters? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Oscar milks the insurance company for his accident.
Part 1) Why does he do this? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) What is the importance of money in this story? Why it is so important?
Part 3) How is Oscar milked for his own money? What is the connection between the money he gives to others and the money he hopes to receive form his insurance company and law suits?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)