|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
2. According to Harry, why does Judge Crease give reporters the headline, "EVERY DOG ENTITLED TO ONE BITE, SAYS JUDGE?"
3. When does Jonathan Livingston change his name to Constantine Kiester?
4. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
5. Why does James B. file a suit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the complaint that is filed by Oscar?
2. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
3. What has happened because of Spot's death?
4. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
5. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
6. What are the connections between the play and the movie?
7. What are Oscar's plans for his play?
8. What does Oscar do when he is served a subpoena? What does Christina think about this?
9. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
10. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
Essay Topic 1
Oscar and Christina revert to childhood at the end of the novel.
Part 1) Are you surprised by this? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this behavior reflect the personalities of these characters?
Part 3) Why does the author end the story this way? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Oscar is involved in a car accident.
Part 1) How is he in a car accident? How does this accident act as a catalyst?
Part 2) How does his accident affect the decision he makes? Are they good decisions? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is the ultimate outcome in Oscar's life because of this accident? Why was this accident so important?
Essay Topic 3
Lily has a lump in her breast.
Part 1) How does this affect her? What role does her lump play in her relationship with Oscar?
Part 2) What is this lump? What dose she do with this knowledge? Why?
Part 3) How will this news about her lump affect her life? Explain.
This section contains 2,142 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)