|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Basie says a newspaper report has raised hopes in Oscar's case, provided what?
2. According to Harry, why does Judge Crease give reporters the headline, "EVERY DOG ENTITLED TO ONE BITE, SAYS JUDGE?"
3. What does Pai say about Oscar seeking substantial monetary damages?
4. What does Bunker say is Trish's duty?
5. What has John Israel done?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oscar explain Israel's purpose in the play?
2. What has Lily's lawyer told Oscar about his injuries?
3. How does Oscar explain his accident?
4. What are news headlines, regarding Oscar's father? What do they mean for his father?
5. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
6. Why has Pai been having this discussion with Oscar? What does he want to know?
7. Why must Thomas go to Quantness in this part of the play?
8. What ends Oscar's play's character's, Thomas, dream of a life in public office?
9. What do Pai and Oscar do after Oscar's nap?
10. What is wrong with Lily, when she enters the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oscar and Christina are siblings.
Part 1) Describe their relationship.
Part 2) Describe their similarities and differences. Explain why they have these similarities and differences.
Part 3) Compare and contrast their relationship with one another to their relationships with others.
Essay Topic 2
Oscar and Christina revert to childhood at the end of the novel.
Part 1) Are you surprised by this? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this behavior reflect the personalities of these characters?
Part 3) Why does the author end the story this way? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Oscar is involved in a car accident.
Part 1) How is he in a car accident? How does this accident act as a catalyst?
Part 2) How does his accident affect the decision he makes? Are they good decisions? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is the ultimate outcome in Oscar's life because of this accident? Why was this accident so important?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)