|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
2. From whom does Christina read Oscar a letter?
3. The Major makes an aside to Kane about what, regarding Israel?
4. What does the plaintiff do with the play?
5. When Oscar wonders how Kevin can describe his scar, what does Lily reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Pai been having this discussion with Oscar? What does he want to know?
2. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
3. What are news headlines, regarding Oscar's father? What do they mean for his father?
4. How does the reader first meet Trish Hemsley?
5. What do Pai and Oscar do after Oscar's nap?
6. Why does Oscar want invasion of privacy added to his complaint? Why does he want to add this?
7. What does Basie notice when Oscar reads dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice? How does Oscar respond?
8. When Mother refuses to leave her broken-down farmhouse, what is the reasoning she gives to Thomas?
9. How does Basie explain why members of Oscar's family are left out of the suit and the language is repetitious?
10. What happens in the next scene of Oscar's play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A major theme is that the essence of law lies in language.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) Do you believe this to be true in real life? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is language use significant throughout this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Oscar and Christina are siblings.
Part 1) Describe their relationship.
Part 2) Describe their similarities and differences. Explain why they have these similarities and differences.
Part 3) Compare and contrast their relationship with one another to their relationships with others.
Essay Topic 3
Christina is frenzied and codependent.
Part 1) Why might she be this way? What makes this behavior escalate?
Part 2) How is this similar to Oscar's personality? How does it affect their relationship? Why does it affect their relationship?
Part 3) What affect does her personality have on Harry? Why does it have this affect?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)