|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
2. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
3. Why are Harry and Christina Lutz waiting for Oscar?
4. Why does Basie interrupt by admitting Oscar's lawsuit could be a landmark if they win?
5. How does Oscar respond when Pai questions him saying, could Livingston not be expected to receive many such unsolicited scripts, written solely in hopes of financial reward?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Basie explain why members of Oscar's family are left out of the suit and the language is repetitious?
2. What does Basie notice when Oscar reads dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice? How does Oscar respond?
3. Why must Thomas go to Quantness in this part of the play?
4. How does Oscar become even more convinced the movie is based on his play? Of what does Harry warn him?
5. How and why does Basie interrupt the reading of the script?
6. Why does Oscar want invasion of privacy added to his complaint? Why does he want to add this?
7. What does Lily do and say when she visits Oscar?
8. How does Oscar explain his accident?
9. What has Lily's lawyer told Oscar about his injuries?
10. How does Oscar use Shakespeare in his argument? What is Pai's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A minor theme is Hiawatha.
Part 1) What or who is Hiawatha? How is this a theme?
Part 2) Why has the author included this as a theme?
Part 3) What is its connection with other themes in the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There is a comparison between the dialogue of plays to action in films.
Part 1) Describe dialogue in the play. Describe action in the film.
Part 2) How are dialogue and action compared? Why are they compared?
Part 3) How is this comparison revealed when Oscar sees the movie? What are his thoughts on dialogue in a play and action in a film? Why does he feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Oscar and Christina revert to childhood at the end of the novel.
Part 1) Are you surprised by this? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this behavior reflect the personalities of these characters?
Part 3) Why does the author end the story this way? Explain.
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)