Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
2. According to Harry, why does Judge Crease give reporters the headline, "EVERY DOG ENTITLED TO ONE BITE, SAYS JUDGE?"
3. When does Jonathan Livingston change his name to Constantine Kiester?
4. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
5. Why does James B. file a suit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the complaint that is filed by Oscar?
2. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
3. What has happened because of Spot's death?
4. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
5. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
6. What are the connections between the play and the movie?
7. What are Oscar's plans for his play?
8. What does Oscar do when he is served a subpoena? What does Christina think about this?
9. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
10. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
Essay Topic 1
The title of the novel is "A Frolic of His Own."
Part 1) What is the meaning behind this title? How do you know this?
Part 2) If you could rename it, what would it be and why?
Part 3) How does this "frolic" affect the various characters? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What stress does Lily have in her life? Why does she snap?
Part 2) How do others deal with her at this point? Why? What is the connection with her snapping to what is going on in the story?
Part 3) What does this reveal about Lily's personality? What are your thoughts and opinion of Lily? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Trish has an abortion.
Part 1) Why does she have an abortion? What are the complications with this abortion? What does this abortion reveal about Trish's personality?
Part 2) Why does Harry not want Christina to get involved with Trish's problems? Is he right in saying this? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does Christina listen to Harry? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)