|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar say Bagby's swindling differs from Pentagon operations?
2. Basie doubts Oscar has a case, but leaves doing what?
3. Oscar recalls sending the script to whom?
4. Of what does Thomas accuse his mother?
5. Kiester serves notice of intent to examine Oscar in Los Angeles and demands what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
2. How does Christina react when a real estate woman shows up at the house?
3. How does the reader first meet Trish Hemsley?
4. How does Oscar explain his accident?
5. What are the connections between the play and the movie?
6. When Mother refuses to leave her broken-down farmhouse, what is the reasoning she gives to Thomas?
7. Why has Pai been having this discussion with Oscar? What does he want to know?
8. How does Oscar explain Israel's purpose in the play?
9. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
10. What happens in the next scene of Oscar's play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oscar and Christina are siblings.
Part 1) Describe their relationship.
Part 2) Describe their similarities and differences. Explain why they have these similarities and differences.
Part 3) Compare and contrast their relationship with one another to their relationships with others.
Essay Topic 2
The family myth is destroyed.
Part 1) What is the family myth? How is it destroyed? How are the various characters affected by this?
Part 2) How different would the story have been if this myth had been discovered earlier in the story?
Part 3) How has this discover affected you as the reader? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Oscar and Christina revert to childhood at the end of the novel.
Part 1) Are you surprised by this? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this behavior reflect the personalities of these characters?
Part 3) Why does the author end the story this way? Explain.
This section contains 2,212 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)