|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christina say when Oscar says he needs a secretary?
(a) She dismisses his plans to hire a secretary, suggesting he needs only a wastebasket and a housekeeper.
(b) She sends her personal secretary to help Oscar.
(c) She calls Lily to see if she could help Oscar.
(d) She hires Ilse as his secretary.
2. Why had Harry, who had known this a few days, not told Oscar?
(a) It gives him time to think about how he feels about Basie.
(b) It gives him his only chance of overthrowing a negative verdict.
(c) He was looking into Basie's past.
(d) He was hoping to find a better lawyer.
3. What does Jerry think will happen by having Bagby hungering for intelligent talk in an intellectual wasteland?
(a) It will improve the character.
(b) It will be too deep for the audience.
(c) It will destroy the character.
(d) It will make the audience hate the character even more.
4. Of what is Christina afraid when Oscar reads he has lost the suit?
(a) He will cry.
(b) He will explode.
(c) He will have a heart attack.
(d) He will file another suit.
5. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
(a) She is standing behind him.
(b) Her hairdo is not very different.
(c) He is engrossed in a cartoon.
(d) He is asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Oscar upset by this news?
2. What does Christina insist about the movie's hero?
3. What does the obituary say?
4. Where does Oscar tell Christina that Ilse is?
5. What is the right hand side of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lily say when she goes to see Oscar?
2. What does Jerry think about Oscar's characters, Kane and Bagby?
3. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
4. What is the only thing the papers have gotten right?
5. What might happen regarding the legal bills brought about from Oscars suit? Why is this?
6. Why is Lily's father unable to collect his son's insurance money?
7. How does Father uses religion in a court case?
8. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
9. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
10. How does Christina react when a real estate woman shows up at the house?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)