|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rev. Bobby Joe, freed from jail, say Daddy cannot come to visit?
(a) He is busy preaching.
(b) He no longer trusts Daddy.
(c) He is having a big operation and Bobby Joe is offering him spiritual comfort in case the Lord carries him home during it.
(d) He has a baptism to attend to.
2. Christina decides to drive out and asks Harry to phone Sam or Basie to have them contact Oscar. Why can Harry not accompany her?
(a) He must be in court.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He is afraid of Oscar's reaction.
(d) He does not like Oscar.
3. How does Jerry want to change the character of Kane, which would also put Broadway audiences in Oscar's hands?
(a) He should be very attractive.
(b) He should have a better name.
(c) He should be very funny and entertaining.
(d) He should be a rootless, wandering Jew.
4. Why is Oscar upset about the obituary?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is too short.
(d) It obscures Father's career.
5. What are the jurors to disregard during the drowning case?
(a) The boy's name and age.
(b) Circumstantial evidence.
(c) How the boy drowned.
(d) All emotional outbursts by spectators.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Oscar tell Christina that Ilse is?
2. What does Christina say when Oscar says he needs a secretary?
3. What does Lily tell Oscar that her Daddy and Rev. Billy Joe are blaming her for?
4. What does Oscar say when Christina tells him there will be no funeral?
5. What is the final amount of the film apportioned to Oscar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
2. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
3. What is the only thing the papers have gotten right?
4. What does Jerry think about Oscar's characters, Kane and Bagby?
5. What does Lily say when she goes to see Oscar?
6. What has happened because of Spot's death?
7. What is learned about Lily's breasts?
8. How are Harry and Oscar's situations with their fathers similar?
9. Why is Lily's father unable to collect his son's insurance money?
10. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)