|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Christina demand Sam take responsibility?
2. What does Christina insist about the movie's hero?
(a) He highly resembles Thomas/Grandfather.
(b) He is just like Thomas/Grandfather.
(c) He somewhat resembles Thomas/Grandfather.
(d) He is not Thomas/Grandfather.
3. Why does the clerk balk at destroying them?
(a) He does not want to destroy the beautiful letters.
(b) They belong to Oscar and Christina.
(c) They belong to him and he wants to keep them.
(d) He does not want to have to build a fire.
4. How does Bone describe Erebus?
(a) As a run-down studio.
(b) As an up-and-coming studio.
(c) As an old studio under new ownership.
(d) As a well-established studio.
5. Why does Rev. Bobby Joe, freed from jail, say Daddy cannot come to visit?
(a) He is having a big operation and Bobby Joe is offering him spiritual comfort in case the Lord carries him home during it.
(b) He no longer trusts Daddy.
(c) He is busy preaching.
(d) He has a baptism to attend to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. Harret Ruth share with Senator Orney Bilk?
2. Of what is Christina afraid when Oscar reads he has lost the suit?
3. Why will the state do nothing to help Oscar with his legal fees, according to Harry?
4. When Oscar fetches wine, how does Christina annoy him?
5. The medical reports verify drowning as the proximate cause of death, so what are the jurors supposed to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
2. How are Harry and Oscar's situations with their fathers similar?
3. What does Christina do about Oscar's legal bills? Why does she do this?
4. How does Christina react when a real estate woman shows up at the house?
5. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
6. How does Father uses religion in a court case?
7. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
8. What does Jerry think about Oscar's characters, Kane and Bagby?
9. Why is Lily's father unable to collect his son's insurance money?
10. What are the connections between the play and the movie?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)