|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lily spooked by the clerk's many trips to the bathroom and the sound of trickling?
(a) It makes her need to use the restroom.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) He does not close the door.
(d) It reminds her of her lump.
2. The medical reports verify drowning as the proximate cause of death, so what are the jurors supposed to do?
(a) If the boy had any medical conditions.
(b) Decide if there are any intervening causes within the defendant's control, which would make him liable for the death.
(c) Decide if the boy did in fact drown.
(d) How deep the water was.
3. What does Christina do when she finds Oscar engrossed in a nature program?
(a) She criticizes his odd tastes.
(b) She turns off the television.
(c) She sits down to enjoy the show as well.
(d) She asks him what he is watching.
4. What will Father believe Oscar has done to Grandfather?
(a) Exploited him and fed the flames of impeachment.
(b) Told a bold-faced lie about his grandfather.
(c) Written a beautiful play in his memory.
(d) Honored his memory.
5. What does Oscar secretly have?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) No lawyers.
(c) A new law suit.
(d) New lawyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily tell Oscar that her Daddy and Rev. Billy Joe are blaming her for?
2. What does Kiester do regarding Oscar's script when undertaking a Civil War epic?
3. To what does the clerk compare the death of a great man?
4. While the plaintiff's play script is indisputably protected, what would not constitute copyright infringement?
5. What is the right hand side of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only thing the papers have gotten right?
2. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
3. What does Lily say when she goes to see Oscar?
4. What might happen regarding the legal bills brought about from Oscars suit? Why is this?
5. What does Christina do about Oscar's legal bills? Why does she do this?
6. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
7. What are Oscar's plans for his play?
8. What does Oscar do when he is served a subpoena? What does Christina think about this?
9. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
10. How does Father uses religion in a court case?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)