|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry think will happen by having Bagby hungering for intelligent talk in an intellectual wasteland?
(a) It will destroy the character.
(b) It will make the audience hate the character even more.
(c) It will improve the character.
(d) It will be too deep for the audience.
2. What does Oscar say when Christina tells him there will be no funeral?
(a) He does not his father cremated.
(b) He does not want to attend a funeral.
(c) He agrees that it is probably for the best.
(d) He insists it is his duty to provide a proper funeral.
3. What has Oscar's ordeal done to Christina and Harry's marriage?
(a) Made it somewhat more challenging.
(b) Strengthened it.
(c) Wrecked it.
(d) Brought them closer together.
4. To what does the clerk compare the death of a great man?
(a) To the destruction of an old building.
(b) To the burning of a library.
(c) To a Civil War.
(d) To the death of a salesman.
5. Why is Lily spooked by the clerk's many trips to the bathroom and the sound of trickling?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) It reminds her of her lump.
(c) It makes her need to use the restroom.
(d) He does not close the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will the state do nothing to help Oscar with his legal fees, according to Harry?
2. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
3. Christina decides to drive out and asks Harry to phone Sam or Basie to have them contact Oscar. Why can Harry not accompany her?
4. In the morning, about what does Oscar read?
5. What does Jerry explain as the left hand side of Oscar's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
2. How does Father uses religion in a court case?
3. What does Jerry think about religion?
4. What does Lily say when she goes to see Oscar?
5. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
6. What is learned about Lily's breasts?
7. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
8. What is the only thing the papers have gotten right?
9. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
10. How does Christina react when a real estate woman shows up at the house?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)