|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Deedee out $80,000?
(a) She had tried to save money by not carrying collision insurance on her Lamborghetti, so she is out that money after a truckload of drunks ran into it.
(b) She over spent on her credit card.
(c) She has purchased a new foreign car.
(d) Someone has stolen her purse and used her credit cards.
2. What do most of Oscar's charges represent?
(a) Retainer Fees.
(b) Contingency Fees.
(c) Administrative costs.
(d) Consultation Fees.
3. Why is Oscar upset about the obituary?
(a) It is too short.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) It obscures Father's career.
(d) It is too long.
4. What does Oscar say when Christina tells him there will be no funeral?
(a) He agrees that it is probably for the best.
(b) He does not want to attend a funeral.
(c) He does not his father cremated.
(d) He insists it is his duty to provide a proper funeral.
5. How does Christina feel about living with Oscar?
(a) Near her wits' end.
(b) She enjoys being with her brother.
(c) Getting used to him.
(d) She wants him to move in permanently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kiester do regarding Oscar's script when undertaking a Civil War epic?
2. What does Christina say when Oscar says he needs a secretary?
3. Why is Christina shocked that Oscar would waste time reading his play to this person?
4. Why will the state do nothing to help Oscar with his legal fees, according to Harry?
5. When might Oscar's conflict with Father, since he saw the movie, blow over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
2. What does Christina do about Oscar's legal bills? Why does she do this?
3. How does Christina react when a real estate woman shows up at the house?
4. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
5. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
6. What is the only thing the papers have gotten right?
7. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
8. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
9. What are the connections between the play and the movie?
10. How does Father uses religion in a court case?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)