|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the clerk balk at destroying them?
(a) He does not want to destroy the beautiful letters.
(b) They belong to him and he wants to keep them.
(c) He does not want to have to build a fire.
(d) They belong to Oscar and Christina.
2. Why does Rev. Bobby Joe, freed from jail, say Daddy cannot come to visit?
(a) He is busy preaching.
(b) He no longer trusts Daddy.
(c) He is having a big operation and Bobby Joe is offering him spiritual comfort in case the Lord carries him home during it.
(d) He has a baptism to attend to.
3. What does the obituary say?
(a) The Judege demaned to be put on display for all to see.
(b) The Judge demanded a small family funeral.
(c) The Judge demanded an immediate and large funeral.
(d) The Judge demanded immediate cremation and no ceremonies.
4. How does Bone describe Erebus?
(a) As a run-down studio.
(b) As a well-established studio.
(c) As an old studio under new ownership.
(d) As an up-and-coming studio.
5. What does Oscar secretly have?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A new law suit.
(c) No lawyers.
(d) New lawyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
2. What does Lily tell Oscar that her Daddy and Rev. Billy Joe are blaming her for?
3. What does Christina do when she finds Oscar engrossed in a nature program?
4. How does Christina feel about living with Oscar?
5. Where does Oscar tell Christina that Ilse is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Father uses religion in a court case?
2. How are Harry and Oscar's situations with their fathers similar?
3. What does Lily say when she goes to see Oscar?
4. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
5. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
6. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
7. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
8. How does Christina react when a real estate woman shows up at the house?
9. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
10. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)