|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Oscar upset by this news?
(a) He will cover his bills but will not make a profit.
(b) He will be highly taxed on this reward.
(c) He will only be able to cover his legal bills.
(d) He will not receive enough to cover his legal bills and no longer has Harry's advice.
2. A copy of District Judge Crease's Instructions to the Jury in the case of Fickert v. Ude arrives in the mail. What are jurors told to do?
(a) Sift through evidence and conflicting testimony for facts.
(b) Look for editing mistakes.
(c) Compare the case to their own lives.
(d) Use their emotions to decide what is right.
3. To what does the clerk compare the death of a great man?
(a) To the burning of a library.
(b) To the death of a salesman.
(c) To a Civil War.
(d) To the destruction of an old building.
4. What are the jurors to disregard during the drowning case?
(a) All emotional outbursts by spectators.
(b) Circumstantial evidence.
(c) How the boy drowned.
(d) The boy's name and age.
5. How much is Father's estate worth?
(a) Around $55 million.
(b) Around $500,000.
(c) Around $5.5 million.
(d) Around $5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Christina consulted about fulfilling Harry's wish for a clean getaway like the Judge?
2. The medical reports verify drowning as the proximate cause of death, so what are the jurors supposed to do?
3. Why will the state do nothing to help Oscar with his legal fees, according to Harry?
4. Christina decides to drive out and asks Harry to phone Sam or Basie to have them contact Oscar. Why can Harry not accompany her?
5. What does Christina insist about the movie's hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
2. What does Lily say when she goes to see Oscar?
3. What does Oscar do when he is served a subpoena? What does Christina think about this?
4. What is learned about Lily's breasts?
5. What might happen regarding the legal bills brought about from Oscars suit? Why is this?
6. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
7. Why is Lily's father unable to collect his son's insurance money?
8. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
9. What does Christina do about Oscar's legal bills? Why does she do this?
10. What does Jerry think about Oscar's characters, Kane and Bagby?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)