|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the obituary say?
(a) The Judege demaned to be put on display for all to see.
(b) The Judge demanded immediate cremation and no ceremonies.
(c) The Judge demanded an immediate and large funeral.
(d) The Judge demanded a small family funeral.
2. Why is Lily spooked by the clerk's many trips to the bathroom and the sound of trickling?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) It makes her need to use the restroom.
(c) He does not close the door.
(d) It reminds her of her lump.
3. How does Christina feel about living with Oscar?
(a) She wants him to move in permanently.
(b) Near her wits' end.
(c) Getting used to him.
(d) She enjoys being with her brother.
4. What does Oscar do when the battery in his wheelchair dies?
(a) He buys a new one.
(b) He sits and complains.
(c) He begins walking.
(d) He cries.
5. What news from Harry does Christina give to Oscar?
(a) Basie is the best lawyer Harry could find, and he is sorry.
(b) Basie is a fraud who never attended law school, lied on his bar exam, and faces revocation of his license and jail.
(c) Basie is his best friend and can be trusted.
(d) Basie has attended law school but never graduated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar secretly have?
2. How does Oscar respond when Christina mocks him about finding a producer?
3. What does Lily tell Oscar have been dashed?
4. What does Oscar say when Christina tells him there will be no funeral?
5. Of what is Christina afraid when Oscar reads he has lost the suit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
2. How does Father uses religion in a court case?
3. What are the connections between the play and the movie?
4. How are Harry and Oscar's situations with their fathers similar?
5. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
6. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
7. How does Christina react when a real estate woman shows up at the house?
8. What does Oscar do when he is served a subpoena? What does Christina think about this?
9. What does Jerry think about Oscar's characters, Kane and Bagby?
10. Why is Lily's father unable to collect his son's insurance money?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)