|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Oscar upset by this news?
(a) He will not receive enough to cover his legal bills and no longer has Harry's advice.
(b) He will only be able to cover his legal bills.
(c) He will be highly taxed on this reward.
(d) He will cover his bills but will not make a profit.
2. What does the obituary say?
(a) The Judge demanded immediate cremation and no ceremonies.
(b) The Judge demanded a small family funeral.
(c) The Judege demaned to be put on display for all to see.
(d) The Judge demanded an immediate and large funeral.
3. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
(a) She is standing behind him.
(b) Her hairdo is not very different.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is engrossed in a cartoon.
4. Why does Rev. Bobby Joe, freed from jail, say Daddy cannot come to visit?
(a) He has a baptism to attend to.
(b) He no longer trusts Daddy.
(c) He is having a big operation and Bobby Joe is offering him spiritual comfort in case the Lord carries him home during it.
(d) He is busy preaching.
5. What concerns Lily about the house, if Oscar does not care for it?
(a) She will have to take care of it.
(b) The whole house will fall down.
(c) No one will want to buy it.
(d) It will be sold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the clerk balk at destroying them?
2. What is the packet of letters Christina spots in the Gladstone?
3. Why will the state do nothing to help Oscar with his legal fees, according to Harry?
4. What is the final amount of the film apportioned to Oscar?
5. What is Christina doing when Oscar and Lily find her on the phone with her vulture sisters-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
2. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
3. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
4. What does Lily say when she goes to see Oscar?
5. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
6. What are Oscar's plans for his play?
7. What has happened because of Spot's death?
8. Why is Lily's father unable to collect his son's insurance money?
9. What does Jerry think about Oscar's characters, Kane and Bagby?
10. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)