|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar do when the battery in his wheelchair dies?
(a) He begins walking.
(b) He cries.
(c) He buys a new one.
(d) He sits and complains.
2. What does Christina say when Oscar says he needs a secretary?
(a) She hires Ilse as his secretary.
(b) She dismisses his plans to hire a secretary, suggesting he needs only a wastebasket and a housekeeper.
(c) She calls Lily to see if she could help Oscar.
(d) She sends her personal secretary to help Oscar.
3. What does Christina say should have been an early sign Oscar would never please Father?
(a) When is first ran away from home as a child.
(b) When he gets in trouble with Father for not keeping his room clean.
(c) When he gets in trouble with Father for stripping the bark from a birch tree to build a canoe.
(d) When Father said Christina was his favorite child.
4. While the plaintiff's play script is indisputably protected, what would not constitute copyright infringement?
(a) The use of general themes, motives and ideas by the defendants.
(b) Saying the movie is based on Oscar's play.
(c) Copying the dialogue from the play for the movie.
(d) Using the same characters' names.
5. What does Lily realize when Oscar yells for them to all come and see what is on the television?
(a) Oscar is watching another nature program.
(b) Oscar had forgotten Father had died.
(c) Oscar does not know his father has died.
(d) Oscar is watching the movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Christina afraid when Oscar reads he has lost the suit?
2. Where does Oscar tell Christina that Ilse is?
3. Why is Oscar upset about the obituary?
4. What does Jerry think will happen by having Bagby hungering for intelligent talk in an intellectual wasteland?
5. What does Jerry explain as the left hand side of Oscar's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
2. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
3. What does Oscar do when he is served a subpoena? What does Christina think about this?
4. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
5. What has happened because of Spot's death?
6. How are Harry and Oscar's situations with their fathers similar?
7. Why is Lily's father unable to collect his son's insurance money?
8. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
9. What is learned about Lily's breasts?
10. What does Jerry think about religion?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)