|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christina decides to drive out and asks Harry to phone Sam or Basie to have them contact Oscar. Why can Harry not accompany her?
(a) He does not like Oscar.
(b) He must be in court.
(c) He is afraid of Oscar's reaction.
(d) He is not feeling well.
2. How much is Father's estate worth?
(a) Around $5 million.
(b) Around $55 million.
(c) Around $5.5 million.
(d) Around $500,000.
3. In the morning, about what does Oscar read?
(a) His case being dismissed.
(b) His wildfires in California.
(c) A drop in interest rates.
(d) The injuries, arrests, and a nationwide outpouring of grief for Spot.
4. What is the packet of letters Christina spots in the Gladstone?
(a) Letters from Father's supporters.
(b) The documents the Judge rescued from the Historical Society's clutches.
(c) Letters from various law firms.
(d) Bills that are overdue.
5. What does the district judge think about Oscar's case?
(a) There is no basis for unjust enrichment or fraud.
(b) It is boring and a waste of his time.
(c) It has a strong chance of winning.
(d) It is unbelievable how similar the movie and play are.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the settlement offer worth about which Christina tells Harry?
2. In the morning, how does Christina find Oscar?
3. Why is Deedee out $80,000?
4. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
5. How does Jerry want to change the character of Kane, which would also put Broadway audiences in Oscar's hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
2. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
3. What are Oscar's plans for his play?
4. How are Harry and Oscar's situations with their fathers similar?
5. What has happened because of Spot's death?
6. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
7. What is the only thing the papers have gotten right?
8. What does Jerry think about Oscar's characters, Kane and Bagby?
9. What is learned about Lily's breasts?
10. What does Oscar do when he is served a subpoena? What does Christina think about this?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)