|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A copy of District Judge Crease's Instructions to the Jury in the case of Fickert v. Ude arrives in the mail. What are jurors told to do?
(a) Sift through evidence and conflicting testimony for facts.
(b) Use their emotions to decide what is right.
(c) Look for editing mistakes.
(d) Compare the case to their own lives.
2. Christina decides to drive out and asks Harry to phone Sam or Basie to have them contact Oscar. Why can Harry not accompany her?
(a) He must be in court.
(b) He is afraid of Oscar's reaction.
(c) He does not like Oscar.
(d) He is not feeling well.
3. What does Lily tell Oscar have been dashed?
(a) Her hopes of reconciling with her Daddy and receiving money.
(b) Her new job opportunities.
(c) Her hopes of marrying him.
(d) Her chance of going back to school.
4. To what does the clerk compare the death of a great man?
(a) To a Civil War.
(b) To the destruction of an old building.
(c) To the death of a salesman.
(d) To the burning of a library.
5. What does Oscar say when Christina tells him there will be no funeral?
(a) He agrees that it is probably for the best.
(b) He insists it is his duty to provide a proper funeral.
(c) He does not his father cremated.
(d) He does not want to attend a funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Christina demand Sam take responsibility?
2. How does Oscar respond when Christina mocks him about finding a producer?
3. Why does the clerk balk at destroying them?
4. What does Oscar secretly have?
5. What are the jurors to disregard during the drowning case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Father uses religion in a court case?
2. What might happen regarding the legal bills brought about from Oscars suit? Why is this?
3. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
4. What is learned about Lily's breasts?
5. What has happened because of Spot's death?
6. What does Jerry think about religion?
7. What is the only thing the papers have gotten right?
8. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
9. How does Christina react when a real estate woman shows up at the house?
10. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)