|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oscar insist Christina come see the television?
(a) There are many funny commercials to watch.
(b) His father is speaking to the camera.
(c) Spot the dog is being interviewed on the nightly news.
(d) There's a mob carrying placards that say, "KEEP GOD IN AMERICA, MURDERER."
2. In the morning, about what does Oscar read?
(a) His case being dismissed.
(b) A drop in interest rates.
(c) The injuries, arrests, and a nationwide outpouring of grief for Spot.
(d) His wildfires in California.
3. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
(a) He is engrossed in a cartoon.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) She is standing behind him.
(d) Her hairdo is not very different.
4. To what does the clerk compare the death of a great man?
(a) To a Civil War.
(b) To the burning of a library.
(c) To the destruction of an old building.
(d) To the death of a salesman.
5. What does Oscar do when the battery in his wheelchair dies?
(a) He buys a new one.
(b) He begins walking.
(c) He sits and complains.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Harry, who had known this a few days, not told Oscar?
2. Why does Rev. Bobby Joe, freed from jail, say Daddy cannot come to visit?
3. A copy of District Judge Crease's Instructions to the Jury in the case of Fickert v. Ude arrives in the mail. What are jurors told to do?
4. What is the final amount of the film apportioned to Oscar?
5. How does Christina feel about living with Oscar?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)