|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oscar insist Christina come see the television?
(a) There's a mob carrying placards that say, "KEEP GOD IN AMERICA, MURDERER."
(b) There are many funny commercials to watch.
(c) His father is speaking to the camera.
(d) Spot the dog is being interviewed on the nightly news.
2. How does Oscar respond when Christina mocks him about finding a producer?
(a) Nipples is in New York.
(b) His play is worthless.
(c) A broadway producer will enjoy his play.
(d) Kiester will produce it.
3. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
(a) He is engrossed in a cartoon.
(b) Her hairdo is not very different.
(c) She is standing behind him.
(d) He is asleep.
4. Where does Oscar tell Christina that Ilse is?
(a) In the Bronx attending to her blind sister.
(b) In Queens attending a workshop.
(c) In Manhattan working as a maid.
(d) In Brooklyn working as a teacher.
5. What does Lily realize when Oscar yells for them to all come and see what is on the television?
(a) Oscar does not know his father has died.
(b) Oscar is watching the movie.
(c) Oscar had forgotten Father had died.
(d) Oscar is watching another nature program.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened every time Christina has tried to reach Harry?
2. What does Lily tell Oscar that her Daddy and Rev. Billy Joe are blaming her for?
3. What is Christina doing when Oscar and Lily find her on the phone with her vulture sisters-in-law?
4. For what does Christina demand Sam take responsibility?
5. Why are the Judge's ashes in a coffee can?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jerry think about religion?
2. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
3. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
4. What does Lily say when she goes to see Oscar?
5. What has happened because of Spot's death?
6. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
7. How are Harry and Oscar's situations with their fathers similar?
8. How does Father uses religion in a court case?
9. What does Oscar do when he is served a subpoena? What does Christina think about this?
10. How does Christina react when a real estate woman shows up at the house?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)