|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the right hand side of the story?
(a) There is no right hand side of Oscar's story.
(b) The runaway slave, the invisible man haunting Thomas (and the entire play).
(c) Kane hounding Thomas about justice and moral rectitude leading him deeper into his dilemma, and Bagby blackmailing him for 4,000 years of Christian guilt.
(d) Thomas's trip north to take care of his uncle's property.
2. How does Oscar feel about Father having no time to read his play?
3. What does the obituary say?
(a) The Judege demaned to be put on display for all to see.
(b) The Judge demanded an immediate and large funeral.
(c) The Judge demanded a small family funeral.
(d) The Judge demanded immediate cremation and no ceremonies.
4. What does Christina do when she finds Oscar engrossed in a nature program?
(a) She asks him what he is watching.
(b) She sits down to enjoy the show as well.
(c) She criticizes his odd tastes.
(d) She turns off the television.
5. What does Lily realize when Oscar yells for them to all come and see what is on the television?
(a) Oscar is watching the movie.
(b) Oscar had forgotten Father had died.
(c) Oscar does not know his father has died.
(d) Oscar is watching another nature program.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Oscar upset about the obituary?
2. When might Oscar's conflict with Father, since he saw the movie, blow over?
3. What does Jerry explain as the left hand side of Oscar's story?
4. Why does Rev. Bobby Joe, freed from jail, say Daddy cannot come to visit?
5. What is Christina doing when Oscar and Lily find her on the phone with her vulture sisters-in-law?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)