|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the morning, about what does Oscar read?
(a) The injuries, arrests, and a nationwide outpouring of grief for Spot.
(b) A drop in interest rates.
(c) His wildfires in California.
(d) His case being dismissed.
2. Why has Harry long been estranged from his father?
(a) Because of his unprofitable interest in theology and poetry.
(b) His father never made enough money.
(c) They argued over a decade ago and refused to apologize.
(d) He does not like his father's career choice.
3. Who is the stooped old man Lily saw walking past the window as she drove up?
(b) Mr. Cartwright, the family butler.
(d) Mr. Boatwright, the family plumber.
4. What concerns Lily about the house, if Oscar does not care for it?
(a) The whole house will fall down.
(b) She will have to take care of it.
(c) It will be sold.
(d) No one will want to buy it.
5. What does Oscar do when the battery in his wheelchair dies?
(a) He sits and complains.
(b) He cries.
(c) He buys a new one.
(d) He begins walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christina feel about living with Oscar?
2. How does Bone describe Erebus?
3. When Oscar fetches wine, how does Christina annoy him?
4. How does Oscar respond when Christina mocks him about finding a producer?
5. What does Christina do when she finds Oscar engrossed in a nature program?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
2. Why is Lily's father unable to collect his son's insurance money?
3. What is learned about Lily's breasts?
4. What does Jerry think about religion?
5. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
6. How are Harry and Oscar's situations with their fathers similar?
7. What has happened because of Spot's death?
8. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
9. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
10. How does Father uses religion in a court case?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)