|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Deedee out $80,000?
(a) She had tried to save money by not carrying collision insurance on her Lamborghetti, so she is out that money after a truckload of drunks ran into it.
(b) She over spent on her credit card.
(c) She has purchased a new foreign car.
(d) Someone has stolen her purse and used her credit cards.
2. Why is Christina shocked that Oscar would waste time reading his play to this person?
(a) She thinks no one will want to produce his play.
(b) She thinks he should be pursuing his appeal.
(c) She thinks he should give up on his play.
(d) His play is horrible.
3. What news from Harry does Christina give to Oscar?
(a) Basie has attended law school but never graduated.
(b) Basie is a fraud who never attended law school, lied on his bar exam, and faces revocation of his license and jail.
(c) Basie is his best friend and can be trusted.
(d) Basie is the best lawyer Harry could find, and he is sorry.
4. Christina decides to drive out and asks Harry to phone Sam or Basie to have them contact Oscar. Why can Harry not accompany her?
(a) He must be in court.
(b) He does not like Oscar.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He is afraid of Oscar's reaction.
5. What does the district judge think about Oscar's case?
(a) There is no basis for unjust enrichment or fraud.
(b) It is boring and a waste of his time.
(c) It is unbelievable how similar the movie and play are.
(d) It has a strong chance of winning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the packet of letters Christina spots in the Gladstone?
2. Who has Christina consulted about fulfilling Harry's wish for a clean getaway like the Judge?
3. What does Bone do next, in equal detail?
4. What does Oscar do when the battery in his wheelchair dies?
5. Why is Oscar upset about the obituary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
2. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
3. What are Lily, Harry, and Oscar watching?
4. What might happen regarding the legal bills brought about from Oscars suit? Why is this?
5. What does Jerry think about religion?
6. Why is Lily's father unable to collect his son's insurance money?
7. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
8. What has happened because of Spot's death?
9. What does Jerry think about Oscar's characters, Kane and Bagby?
10. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)