|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
(a) She complains all the time and will not leave Oscar alone.
(b) That Oscar and Lily are now a couple, even though she is not officially divorced.
(c) Pushing Oscar to use her new divorce lawyer to file a $1.5 million injury suit.
(d) She is annoying and in the way.
2. What does Lily advise Oscar about the play?
(a) Send it to a director and have it made into a movie.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Have someone read it who can understand it.
(d) Produce a production of it on Broadway.
3. To what does Pai direct Oscar's attention to that Oscar identifies as coming from Book 1 of Plato's Republic?
(a) The dialogue between Thomas and Kane about Bagby's illegal dealings.
(b) The dialogue between the Major and Kane about money and how man at the point of death is troubled by things he has never before taken seriously.
(c) The dialogue between the Major and Kane about Bagby and Thomas begin in cahoots.
(d) The dialogue between Mother and Thomas about his trip north to protect his late uncle's assets.
4. Of what does Harry warn Oscar?
(a) It will cost him thousands to have two law suits taking place.
(b) The media are looking for signs of family madness to get even with Father over Szyrk.
(c) He will get nowhere by suing the director of the Civil War movie.
(d) He will not be able to help him.
5. What does the plaintiff do with the play?
(a) He frames it in his home.
(b) He withdraws it from further circulation.
(c) He destroys it.
(d) He sends it to other producers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oscar include natural slavery in the play?
2. What forces Thomas to go north to prevent the Union government from seizing everything?
3. How does Oscar say Bagby's swindling differs from Pentagon operations?
4. How many causes of action does the plaintiff claim he has sustained?
5. What does Basie try to show Oscar about artists?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lily think of Oscar's play so far?
2. How does Kiester respond to this?
3. How does Kevin know about Oscar's scar, according to Lily?
4. Where are Harry and Christina at the beginning of the story?
5. How does Oscar explain Israel's purpose in the play?
6. Why can Oscar not go to California, according to Christina? What are Basie and Oscar's plans, regarding this trip?
7. How is James B. bitten?
8. What is the rambling, disjointed message that Trish leaves for Christina?
9. What happens in the next scene of Oscar's play?
10. Why is Trish suing to maintain support payments for her son?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)