|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Lily not marry Oscar yet?
(a) He has not proposed.
(b) She is waiting for a messy divorce to go through.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is out of the country.
2. About what does Thomas still dream about first stepping onto Quantness?
(a) He was moved by hunger to shoot a quail that will not die.
(b) How happy he was.
(c) His surprise at seeing this beautiful plantation.
(d) How vast the property was.
3. Bagby says the miners fear a drop in wages if the President does what?
(a) Breaks his promise and frees the slaves.
(b) Not make sure his economic reform policy is passed.
(c) Does not free the slaves.
(d) Comes to visit.
4. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
(a) To prove that the movie is based on his play.
(b) To annoy Kiester.
(c) To prove the ad campaign is a last-minute attempt to poison the atmosphere over Szyrk.
(d) To waste time.
5. Lily's brother, Bobbie, is buying what?
(a) A house.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A Porsche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
2. Oscar sees Basie's point, but does not want what?
3. What has John Israel done?
4. Pai suggests that if such contention continues, he will move the hearing before whom?
5. Who is Christina's schoolgirl friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is explained about the slave, Israel? What are both the Major, Kane, and William's thoughts regarding this discussion?
2. What happens in the next scene of Oscar's play?
3. How does Oscar use Shakespeare in his argument? What is Pai's response to this?
4. How does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
5. How does Kiester respond to this?
6. How does Kevin know about Oscar's scar, according to Lily?
7. How does Basie explain why members of Oscar's family are left out of the suit and the language is repetitious?
8. How does Oscar explain his accident?
9. What is wrong with Lily, when she enters the scene?
10. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)