|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
(a) It is somewhat odd.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is spooky.
(d) It is brilliant.
2. Why does James B. file a suit?
(a) His dog is injured in a construction accident.
(b) He is trying to coax his pet out and is bitten.
(c) He is bitten by a strange dog.
(d) His pet dies in a car accident.
3. What does Pai say about Oscar seeking substantial monetary damages?
(a) He is being greedy and wanting what is not his.
(b) He is seeking them for a work he claims to have created not primarily for monetary gain.
(c) He will not be awarded much money, since the movie was a failure and a flop.
(d) He deserves every penny he can get, because the movie is surely based on his play.
4. When Oscar wonders how Kevin can describe his scar, what does Lily reveal?
(a) Lily described the scar to Kevin.
(b) They ate dinner together last night, and watched a very bloody film.
(c) She took photographs of Oscar's scar.
(d) Kevin visited Oscar in the hospital.
5. According to Harry, why does Judge Crease give reporters the headline, "EVERY DOG ENTITLED TO ONE BITE, SAYS JUDGE?"
(a) It's an effort to get himself disqualified from hearing any of the remaining cases.
(b) He never said this; the reporters twisted his words.
(c) He is a very sarcastic man.
(d) He is annoyed with the plaintiff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oscar is not sure he will walk again and has been assured by Kevin, Lily's lawyer; his scar is what?
2. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
3. What does Pai say separates Oscar from Shakespeare?
4. What does Trish gush with joy over, besides Oscar now having someone to sue so he will be set for life?
5. When does Jonathan Livingston change his name to Constantine Kiester?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Pai and Oscar do after Oscar's nap?
2. What happens in the next scene of Oscar's play?
3. How does Kiester respond to this?
4. How does Oscar explain his accident?
5. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
6. How does the reader first meet Trish Hemsley?
7. What are news headlines, regarding Oscar's father? What do they mean for his father?
8. Why can Oscar not go to California, according to Christina? What are Basie and Oscar's plans, regarding this trip?
9. When Mother refuses to leave her broken-down farmhouse, what is the reasoning she gives to Thomas?
10. How does Kevin know about Oscar's scar, according to Lily?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)