|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James B. file a suit?
(a) His dog is injured in a construction accident.
(b) His pet dies in a car accident.
(c) He is bitten by a strange dog.
(d) He is trying to coax his pet out and is bitten.
2. What forces Thomas to go north to prevent the Union government from seizing everything?
(a) His uncle's death.
(b) His dying sister.
(c) His ill wife.
(d) His mother's death.
3. What has John Israel done?
(a) Freed the other slaves.
(b) Run away.
(c) Shot himself.
(d) Talked back to Thomas.
4. Oscar maintains "when the idea is used in the context of the expression, combined with the expression, then the idea becomes part of the abuse I'm referring to," but denies what?
(a) Claiming propietary interest in either the French and Indian War or the Trail of Tears.
(b) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Civil War or the Battle of Antietam.
(c) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Civil War or Revolutionary War.
(d) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Revolutionary War or War of 1812.
5. What does Lily advise Oscar about the play?
(a) Send it to a director and have it made into a movie.
(b) Produce a production of it on Broadway.
(c) Have someone read it who can understand it.
(d) Burn it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Christina announces someone is taking pictures on the lawn, what does Oscar demand?
2. How does Mother reply when Thomas asks what she wants?
3. When Pai asks Oscar to read several passages and state whether he recognizes them, from where does Oscar acknowledge they come?
4. What convinces Oscar the producer of "The Blood in the Red White and Blue," Kiester, has stolen the characters and themes of his play?
5. Who is Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What construction is taking place?
2. Why can Oscar not go to California, according to Christina? What are Basie and Oscar's plans, regarding this trip?
3. What is learned about Lily's breasts?
4. Why has Pai been having this discussion with Oscar? What does he want to know?
5. What does Christina do about Oscar's legal bills? Why does she do this?
6. What does Oscar do when he is served a subpoena? What does Christina think about this?
7. What does Oscar think of Basie? Why does he keep him around?
8. Why is Trish suing to maintain support payments for her son?
9. How does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
10. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)