|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
(a) She is annoying and in the way.
(b) Pushing Oscar to use her new divorce lawyer to file a $1.5 million injury suit.
(c) She complains all the time and will not leave Oscar alone.
(d) That Oscar and Lily are now a couple, even though she is not officially divorced.
2. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
(a) To prove the ad campaign is a last-minute attempt to poison the atmosphere over Szyrk.
(b) To annoy Kiester.
(c) To prove that the movie is based on his play.
(d) To waste time.
3. What kind of dog has Trish bought?
(a) A lhasa apso.
(b) A collie.
(c) A poodle.
(d) A golden retriever.
4. Why is Oscar certain he did not send his script to Kiester?
(a) He has never sent it to a movie producer.
(b) He has never sent his script to anyone.
(c) Kiester is not a well-known producer.
(d) His name is very laughable.
5. What has happened to Oscar?
(a) He had to work late at work.
(b) He has been run over by a car.
(c) His meeting is running late.
(d) He needed a root canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
2. The defendants are enjoined to halt exhibition until when?
3. When Harry calls Oscar, what advice does he give him?
4. How does Mother reply when Thomas asks what she wants?
5. What does Thomas' mother refuse to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only thing the papers have gotten right?
2. How does Basie explain why members of Oscar's family are left out of the suit and the language is repetitious?
3. What does Oscar learn about Basie?
4. How does the story end?
5. How does Oscar explain Israel's purpose in the play?
6. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
7. How does Oscar explain his accident?
8. Why can Oscar not go to California, according to Christina? What are Basie and Oscar's plans, regarding this trip?
9. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
10. What does Jerry think about religion?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)