|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Thomas go to Quantness?
(a) To see his wife.
(b) To deal with his two slaves.
(c) To pay the bills.
(d) To plant cotton.
2. How many causes of action does the plaintiff claim he has sustained?
3. The Major makes an aside to Kane about what, regarding Israel?
(a) All slaves should be educated.
(b) Educating a slave to read and carve wood like Israel is an invitation to trouble. K
(c) Israel would be a powerful ally to have against Thomas.
(d) Israel will never get caught.
4. How does Christina respond when Harry cites the 1983 Carson v. Here's Johnny Portable Toilets?
(a) She lashes out about a federal judge's time being consumed by such frivolity.
(b) She wishes Harry would find another career.
(c) She hopes Harry can have such an easy case.
(d) She laughs hysterically.
5. How does Oscar respond when Pai questions him saying, could Livingston not be expected to receive many such unsolicited scripts, written solely in hopes of financial reward?
(a) Oscar agrees that monetary gain was a part of his motivation.
(b) Oscar is not sure of his motivation.
(c) Oscar agrees that was his motivation.
(d) Oscar denies such motivation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kiester serves notice of intent to examine Oscar in Los Angeles and demands what?
2. In a complaint filed with U.S. District Court, SD, New York, September 30, 1990, Oscar L. Crease, Plaintiff vs. Erebus Entertainment, Inc., Ben B. F. Leva, Constantine Kiester a/k/a Jonathan Livingston (Siegal), and others, Defendants, alleges on or about July 1, 1977, plaintiff submits an original play entitled "Once at Antietam" to Kiester, then a television producer; Kiester returns said play with a note, saying what?
3. How does Trish receive diamonds?
4. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
5. To what does Pai direct Oscar's attention to that Oscar identifies as coming from Book 1 of Plato's Republic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rambling, disjointed message that Trish leaves for Christina?
2. Why has Pai been having this discussion with Oscar? What does he want to know?
3. For what do both Oscar and Trish want to sue?
4. How and why does Basie interrupt the reading of the script?
5. How does Oscar become even more convinced the movie is based on his play? Of what does Harry warn him?
6. What ends Oscar's play's character's, Thomas, dream of a life in public office?
7. Where are Harry and Christina at the beginning of the story?
8. How does Kiester respond to this?
9. What does Lily think of Oscar's play so far?
10. How does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)