|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar wonder about the movie's advertisement?
(a) How much the advertisements cost.
(b) If the producer is worried the movie will be a flop.
(c) If the scenes that resemble his play will be cut from the advertisments.
(d) If "based on a true story" is not an admission of guilt.
2. Pai suggests that if such contention continues, he will move the hearing before whom?
(a) A state magistrate.
(b) A community magistrate.
(c) A stipendiary magistrate.
(d) A federal magistrate.
3. In the play's prologue, Mother asks about what, regarding Thomas?
(a) His education.
(b) His wound and heroism.
(c) His training.
(d) His wife.
4. About what does Oscar worry, regarding his hospital bill?
(a) How much his insurance premium will be raised.
(b) For what he has been billed.
(c) When he will receive it.
(d) How much his insurance will cover.
5. What does Harry advise Oscar regarding history?
(a) One should not make a play about it.
(b) It is boring.
(c) It cannot be repeated.
(d) One cannot copyright it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oscar say his play has never been performed?
2. The defendants are enjoined to halt exhibition until when?
3. Christina mocks the thought of making a cripple cross the country to testify and suggests what?
4. The insurance company, once willing to settle for $500 plus hospital bills, now wants what?
5. Why is Christina upset with reporters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the complaint that is filed by Oscar?
2. Why must Thomas go to Quantness in this part of the play?
3. Where are Harry and Christina at the beginning of the story?
4. How and why does Basie interrupt the reading of the script?
5. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
6. How does Oscar explain his accident?
7. What ends Oscar's play's character's, Thomas, dream of a life in public office?
8. Why has Pai been having this discussion with Oscar? What does he want to know?
9. What is wrong with Lily, when she enters the scene?
10. Why does Oscar want invasion of privacy added to his complaint? Why does he want to add this?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)