|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the next scene, Thomas intends to ignore what?
(a) His mother's cries.
(b) His desire to return home.
(c) His fear of battle.
(d) His summons from the draft board.
2. How does Oscar say Bagby's swindling differs from Pentagon operations?
(a) Bagby represents the Pentagon but from an earlier era.
(b) Bagby is more honest than the Pentagon.
(c) The Pentagon is trustworthy, unlike Bagby.
(d) Only in scope (thousands vs. billions of dollars).
3. Why does James B. file a suit?
(a) His pet dies in a car accident.
(b) He is trying to coax his pet out and is bitten.
(c) He is bitten by a strange dog.
(d) His dog is injured in a construction accident.
4. Why does Oscar say his play has never been performed?
(a) Broadway only wants "tits and ass."
(b) Broadway was never big enough for him.
(c) He is too afraid to show it to a producer.
(d) He has yet to complete it.
5. Who is Christina's schoolgirl friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Christina worried about Szyrk?
2. Why are Harry and Christina Lutz waiting for Oscar?
3. With what does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
4. How does Mother reply when Thomas asks what she wants?
5. Oscar maintains "when the idea is used in the context of the expression, combined with the expression, then the idea becomes part of the abuse I'm referring to," but denies what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jerry think about Oscar's characters, Kane and Bagby?
2. How does Oscar become even more convinced the movie is based on his play? Of what does Harry warn him?
3. In what ways is the lower court correct? In what ways is Oscar correct?
4. Why has Pai been having this discussion with Oscar? What does he want to know?
5. What does Oscar do when Harold Basie arrives?
6. How does Oscar use Shakespeare in his argument? What is Pai's response to this?
7. What has Lily's lawyer told Oscar about his injuries?
8. What is the complaint that is filed by Oscar?
9. How does Oscar explain Israel's purpose in the play?
10. What construction is taking place?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)