|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forces Thomas to go north to prevent the Union government from seizing everything?
(a) His ill wife.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His dying sister.
(d) His uncle's death.
2. Why can Oscar not start an action for infringement against the historical society?
(a) They have not used Oscar's play for profit.
(b) Until the copyright claim is registered.
(c) They are a non-profit organization.
(d) He had given them permission to use his play.
3. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
(a) In his bedroom screaming for help.
(b) In his new wheelchair and complaining about his new maid.
(c) Outside the house without his keys.
(d) In his car with the doors locked.
4. Oscar maintains "when the idea is used in the context of the expression, combined with the expression, then the idea becomes part of the abuse I'm referring to," but denies what?
(a) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Civil War or Revolutionary War.
(b) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Revolutionary War or War of 1812.
(c) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Civil War or the Battle of Antietam.
(d) Claiming propietary interest in either the French and Indian War or the Trail of Tears.
5. Lily is distraught over Billie's death and what else?
(a) Her lack of money.
(b) Oscar's cold behavior.
(c) The expense of attending his funeral.
(d) Billie's wrecked car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play's prologue, Mother asks about what, regarding Thomas?
2. In the 1930s, the yellow press ran stories about Grandfather doing what?
3. Oscar seats a guest, Harold Basie, in Grandfather's chair and asks him to do what?
4. Christina mocks the thought of making a cripple cross the country to testify and suggests what?
5. Why does Christina believe Trish could hardly seek an abortion in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are news headlines, regarding Oscar's father? What do they mean for his father?
2. What has Lily's lawyer told Oscar about his injuries?
3. Why is Trish suing to maintain support payments for her son?
4. Why has Pai been having this discussion with Oscar? What does he want to know?
5. How does Kevin know about Oscar's scar, according to Lily?
6. What takes place in Scene 2 of Oscar's play?
7. What is the complaint that is filed by Oscar?
8. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
9. How does Kiester respond to this?
10. What does Oscar think of Basie? Why does he keep him around?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)