|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oscar wonders how Kevin can describe his scar, what does Lily reveal?
(a) They ate dinner together last night, and watched a very bloody film.
(b) Lily described the scar to Kevin.
(c) Kevin visited Oscar in the hospital.
(d) She took photographs of Oscar's scar.
2. When does the Soldier take Thomas' $20?
(a) When Thomas falls asleep.
(b) When Thomas forces him to take it.
(c) When Thomas is not looking.
(d) When Thomas makes clear it is a free gift.
3. After a lunch break accommodating Oscar's nap, Pai apologizes to Oscar for what?
(a) Asking him so many questions.
(b) Any appearance of disrespect.
(c) Not formally introducing himself.
(d) Yelling at him.
4. Why can Oscar not start an action for infringement against the historical society?
(a) He had given them permission to use his play.
(b) Until the copyright claim is registered.
(c) They are a non-profit organization.
(d) They have not used Oscar's play for profit.
5. What does Christina do when Oscar hints that Harry could handle the case?
(a) She says Harry is free to help.
(b) She silently worries about Harry's health.
(c) She snaps that Harry is exhausted and has no free time.
(d) She is thrilled to have Harry help her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using only the newspapers of the day, what is Oscar showing?
2. What does Oscar fear about his house?
3. Thomas muses how the trees, rocks and ditches - all so casually ignored in peacetime - are what in battle?
4. Why does Mother resent Thomas' marriage to Giulielma?
5. What calls Oscar's play's first act superfluous, the last act untargeted, and the whole play void of purpose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oscar do when Harold Basie arrives?
2. How does Oscar explain Israel's purpose in the play?
3. Why does Oscar want invasion of privacy added to his complaint? Why does he want to add this?
4. Why is Trish suing to maintain support payments for her son?
5. What is explained about the slave, Israel? What are both the Major, Kane, and William's thoughts regarding this discussion?
6. Where are Harry and Christina at the beginning of the story?
7. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
8. What does Oscar think of Basie? Why does he keep him around?
9. How and why does Basie interrupt the reading of the script?
10. What is the complaint that is filed by Oscar?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)