|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christina respond when Harry cites the 1983 Carson v. Here's Johnny Portable Toilets?
(a) She lashes out about a federal judge's time being consumed by such frivolity.
(b) She wishes Harry would find another career.
(c) She laughs hysterically.
(d) She hopes Harry can have such an easy case.
2. Harry and Christina lie naked amidst what?
(a) Piles of newspapers.
(b) The sheets on their bed.
(c) Piles of dirty laundry.
(d) Empty wine bottles.
3. Christina and Harry go to Room 612B and find Oscar upset. Over what is he upset?
(a) His insurance company is not covering most of his hospital bills.
(b) His physical therapy is going longer than expected.
(c) He has had very few visitors.
(d) News reports that Father is being burned in effigy in some riotous scene, and someone is already suing over a Civil War movie Oscar claims is his story about his grandfather.
4. What does Oscar wonder about the movie's advertisement?
(a) How much the advertisements cost.
(b) If the producer is worried the movie will be a flop.
(c) If the scenes that resemble his play will be cut from the advertisments.
(d) If "based on a true story" is not an admission of guilt.
5. What does the plaintiff do with the play?
(a) He frames it in his home.
(b) He destroys it.
(c) He withdraws it from further circulation.
(d) He sends it to other producers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Harry warn Oscar?
2. Why are Harry and Christina Lutz waiting for Oscar?
3. When Bagby leaves, Thomas and Kane discuss what?
4. What does this travel north end for Thomas?
5. William longs to fight in the war, which Thomas says what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Thomas go to Quantness in this part of the play?
2. What does Basie notice when Oscar reads dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice? How does Oscar respond?
3. How does Kevin know about Oscar's scar, according to Lily?
4. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
5. When Mother refuses to leave her broken-down farmhouse, what is the reasoning she gives to Thomas?
6. How does Basie explain why members of Oscar's family are left out of the suit and the language is repetitious?
7. How is James B. bitten?
8. What does Oscar think of Basie? Why does he keep him around?
9. Why does Oscar want invasion of privacy added to his complaint? Why does he want to add this?
10. What happens in the next scene of Oscar's play?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)