|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bagby says the miners fear a drop in wages if the President does what?
(a) Comes to visit.
(b) Breaks his promise and frees the slaves.
(c) Does not free the slaves.
(d) Not make sure his economic reform policy is passed.
2. When Pai asks Oscar to read several passages and state whether he recognizes them, from where does Oscar acknowledge they come?
(a) Gower Champions' musical, 42nd Street.
(b) Eugene O'Neill's play, Ah Wilderness.
(c) Kaufman and Hart's play, You Can't Take It With You.
(d) Eugene O'Neill's dreary play, Mourning Becomes Electra.
3. How does Christina respond when Harry cites the 1983 Carson v. Here's Johnny Portable Toilets?
(a) She lashes out about a federal judge's time being consumed by such frivolity.
(b) She wishes Harry would find another career.
(c) She laughs hysterically.
(d) She hopes Harry can have such an easy case.
4. The phone rings, and Trish leaves a rambling, disjointed message. What does she fear?
(a) Her boyfriend will find out she had an abortion.
(b) Being jailed over her abortion.
(c) She will be unable to get her abortion.
(d) The reporters will never leave.
5. Why can Oscar not start an action for infringement against the historical society?
(a) He had given them permission to use his play.
(b) They have not used Oscar's play for profit.
(c) They are a non-profit organization.
(d) Until the copyright claim is registered.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Harry, why does Judge Crease give reporters the headline, "EVERY DOG ENTITLED TO ONE BITE, SAYS JUDGE?"
2. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
3. Using only the newspapers of the day, what is Oscar showing?
4. Basie says a newspaper report has raised hopes in Oscar's case, provided what?
5. What does Christina do when Oscar hints that Harry could handle the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Pai and Oscar do after Oscar's nap?
2. What does Oscar think of Basie? Why does he keep him around?
3. Why must Thomas go to Quantness in this part of the play?
4. What is wrong with Lily, when she enters the scene?
5. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
6. Why does Oscar want invasion of privacy added to his complaint? Why does he want to add this?
7. What does Lily think of Oscar's play so far?
8. What does Basie notice when Oscar reads dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice? How does Oscar respond?
9. How does Oscar become even more convinced the movie is based on his play? Of what does Harry warn him?
10. How does Kevin know about Oscar's scar, according to Lily?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)