|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kiester serves notice of intent to examine Oscar in Los Angeles and demands what?
(a) His play.
(b) His presence.
(c) Copies of any evidence.
(d) Time to organize a defense team.
2. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
(a) She is annoying and in the way.
(b) Pushing Oscar to use her new divorce lawyer to file a $1.5 million injury suit.
(c) That Oscar and Lily are now a couple, even though she is not officially divorced.
(d) She complains all the time and will not leave Oscar alone.
3. When Thomas recalls viewing his opponent and himself, how does he see them?
(a) As fighting for opposite causes.
(b) As two separate worlds colliding.
(c) As together fighting death.
(d) As fighting for victory.
4. When does the Soldier take Thomas' $20?
(a) When Thomas is not looking.
(b) When Thomas falls asleep.
(c) When Thomas forces him to take it.
(d) When Thomas makes clear it is a free gift.
5. Courage, Kane states, is what?
(a) The wisdom to stand trial when we do not suspect it.
(b) A foolish waste of time.
(c) Only found in those who have suffered the effects of war.
(d) A brave way to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry and Christina lie naked amidst what?
2. Basie says a newspaper report has raised hopes in Oscar's case, provided what?
3. Who is Thomas?
4. What does Trish gush with joy over, besides Oscar now having someone to sue so he will be set for life?
5. What kind of dog has Trish bought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Lily, when she enters the scene?
2. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
3. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
4. What are news headlines, regarding Oscar's father? What do they mean for his father?
5. How is James B. bitten?
6. When Mother refuses to leave her broken-down farmhouse, what is the reasoning she gives to Thomas?
7. What happens in the next scene of Oscar's play?
8. What ends Oscar's play's character's, Thomas, dream of a life in public office?
9. What does Lily think of Oscar's play so far?
10. What does Oscar think of Basie? Why does he keep him around?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)