|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mother reply when Thomas asks what she wants?
(a) To move onto a nice plantation.
(b) Only to lay up treasures in heaven.
(c) To move up north.
(d) Only to stay with her son.
2. When Pai asks Oscar to read several passages and state whether he recognizes them, from where does Oscar acknowledge they come?
(a) Eugene O'Neill's dreary play, Mourning Becomes Electra.
(b) Gower Champions' musical, 42nd Street.
(c) Eugene O'Neill's play, Ah Wilderness.
(d) Kaufman and Hart's play, You Can't Take It With You.
3. When Thomas recalls viewing his opponent and himself, how does he see them?
(a) As two separate worlds colliding.
(b) As fighting for opposite causes.
(c) As fighting for victory.
(d) As together fighting death.
4. With what does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
(a) Basie and Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai, counsel for the defendants, sparring over expediting matters.
(b) Basie and Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai, counsel for the defendant, are in a minor disagreement.
(c) Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai and Oscar are arguing in the hallway.
(d) Basie and Oscar and disagreeing on how to go about fighting Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai.
5. When does the Soldier take Thomas' $20?
(a) When Thomas is not looking.
(b) When Thomas makes clear it is a free gift.
(c) When Thomas forces him to take it.
(d) When Thomas falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
2. Why does James B. file a suit?
3. Thomas muses how the trees, rocks and ditches - all so casually ignored in peacetime - are what in battle?
4. According to Harry, why does Judge Crease give reporters the headline, "EVERY DOG ENTITLED TO ONE BITE, SAYS JUDGE?"
5. Courage, Kane states, is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oscar use Shakespeare in his argument? What is Pai's response to this?
2. How does Basie explain why members of Oscar's family are left out of the suit and the language is repetitious?
3. What happens in the next scene of Oscar's play?
4. What do Pai and Oscar do after Oscar's nap?
5. How does Oscar become even more convinced the movie is based on his play? Of what does Harry warn him?
6. How does Kevin know about Oscar's scar, according to Lily?
7. What takes place in Scene 2 of Oscar's play?
8. Why is Trish suing to maintain support payments for her son?
9. How does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
10. Why has Pai been having this discussion with Oscar? What does he want to know?
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)