|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bunker say is Trish's duty?
(a) To get help for her defense.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To stand up to the hordes intent on destroying civilization.
(d) To give up on her court case.
2. When Oscar admits at least one instance of two substitutes fighting and killing one another exists, how does Pai respond?
(a) He does not believe Oscar.
(b) He takes this as a quirk of history.
(c) He realizes the movie was inspired by Oscar's play.
(d) He sees this as proof that the movie does not copy the play.
3. Basie finds dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice familiar, and Oscar says it is from what?
(a) Shakespeare's Othello.
(b) Plato's Republic.
(c) Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Thomas Jefferson's autobiography.
4. When does Jonathan Livingston change his name to Constantine Kiester?
(a) After acting on Broadway.
(b) After moving to Hollywood.
(c) After running for mayor.
(d) After grad school.
5. Why is Christina worried about Szyrk?
(a) Szyrk is trying to sue the family.
(b) Szyrk wants to buy the family home.
(c) Szyrk is stalking her.
(d) Szyrk may publicize family madness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2 of the play,Thomas approaches a limping Soldier wearing a worn Union uniform. Called back to active duty, the Soldier seeks to sell four months' worth of future pay for what?
2. Oscar maintains "when the idea is used in the context of the expression, combined with the expression, then the idea becomes part of the abuse I'm referring to," but denies what?
3. Why is Christina upset with reporters?
4. Today's newspaper implicates what about the producer, Kiester?
5. What does Oscar wonder about the movie's advertisement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Lily's lawyer told Oscar about his injuries?
2. What are news headlines, regarding Oscar's father? What do they mean for his father?
3. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
4. How does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
5. How does Oscar use Shakespeare in his argument? What is Pai's response to this?
6. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
7. What do Pai and Oscar do after Oscar's nap?
8. What takes place in Scene 2 of Oscar's play?
9. What does Oscar think of Basie? Why does he keep him around?
10. How does Kiester respond to this?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)