Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
(a) An intelligent and gifted lawyer.
(b) A good and trustworthy man.
(c) A great friend and terrific lawyer.
(d) Little better than a distracted delivery boy.
2. According to Harry, why does Judge Crease give reporters the headline, "EVERY DOG ENTITLED TO ONE BITE, SAYS JUDGE?"
(a) He is annoyed with the plaintiff.
(b) He never said this; the reporters twisted his words.
(c) It's an effort to get himself disqualified from hearing any of the remaining cases.
(d) He is a very sarcastic man.
3. When does Jonathan Livingston change his name to Constantine Kiester?
(a) After running for mayor.
(b) After grad school.
(c) After acting on Broadway.
(d) After moving to Hollywood.
4. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
(a) In his bedroom screaming for help.
(b) In his car with the doors locked.
(c) In his new wheelchair and complaining about his new maid.
(d) Outside the house without his keys.
5. Why does James B. file a suit?
(a) His dog is injured in a construction accident.
(b) His pet dies in a car accident.
(c) He is bitten by a strange dog.
(d) He is trying to coax his pet out and is bitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kiester serves notice of intent to examine Oscar in Los Angeles and demands what?
2. Who is Thomas?
3. How does Mother reply when Thomas asks what she wants?
4. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
5. Thomas muses how the trees, rocks and ditches - all so casually ignored in peacetime - are what in battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the complaint that is filed by Oscar?
2. What connection is made between Lily and the law clerk?
3. What has happened because of Spot's death?
4. What does Oscar plan to do with his play?
5. Why do Christina and Lily find Oscar staring blankly in the library?
6. What are the connections between the play and the movie?
7. What are Oscar's plans for his play?
8. What does Oscar do when he is served a subpoena? What does Christina think about this?
9. Why does Oscar want Christina to see the television?
10. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)