|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Basie finds dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice familiar, and Oscar says it is from what?
(a) Plato's Republic.
(b) Thomas Jefferson's autobiography.
(c) Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Shakespeare's Othello.
2. What does Christina do when Oscar hints that Harry could handle the case?
(a) She says Harry is free to help.
(b) She silently worries about Harry's health.
(c) She snaps that Harry is exhausted and has no free time.
(d) She is thrilled to have Harry help her brother.
3. Lily's brother, Bobbie, is buying what?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A house.
(d) A yacht.
4. What does Pai say separates Oscar from Shakespeare?
(a) The average person, too, has access to such materials; and the way he and Shakespeare execute the ideas is what separates them.
(b) Shakespeare wrote in a time when there were no copyright laws.
(d) Many centuries.
5. How does Christina irritate Oscar, when talking about the scene?
(a) By calling the scene "boring."
(b) By calling the scene "charming."
(c) By calling the scene "spooky."
(d) By calling the scene "in need of tweaking."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Christina announces someone is taking pictures on the lawn, what does Oscar demand?
2. Kiester serves notice of intent to examine Oscar in Los Angeles and demands what?
3. When Bagby leaves, Thomas and Kane discuss what?
4. What does this travel north end for Thomas?
5. What does Lily advise Oscar about the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kevin know about Oscar's scar, according to Lily?
2. Why must Thomas go to Quantness in this part of the play?
3. Why is Trish suing to maintain support payments for her son?
4. How does Oscar explain Israel's purpose in the play?
5. What does Oscar think of Basie? Why does he keep him around?
6. What is wrong with Lily, when she enters the scene?
7. How and why does Basie interrupt the reading of the script?
8. What ends Oscar's play's character's, Thomas, dream of a life in public office?
9. When Mother refuses to leave her broken-down farmhouse, what is the reasoning she gives to Thomas?
10. How does Basie explain why members of Oscar's family are left out of the suit and the language is repetitious?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)