|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Christina announces someone is taking pictures on the lawn, what does Oscar demand?
(a) She call the police.
(b) The cameras of the photographers.
(c) They go out and enjoy the free photography.
(d) She drive them away.
2. Basie doubts Oscar has a case, but leaves doing what?
(a) Charging Oscar for his time.
(b) Agreeing to view the movie, even without a copy of the play to compare.
(c) Telling Oscar the case will be successful.
(d) Agreeing to read Oscar's play and to see the movie.
3. Why is Christina upset with reporters?
(a) She is tired of answering questions and posing for pictures.
(b) They are ruining the grass in the front yard.
(c) She is afraid they will break into the house.
(d) They are hunting for signs of heavy drinking and smoking, sacrilege and family insanity.
4. In Scene 2 of the play,Thomas approaches a limping Soldier wearing a worn Union uniform. Called back to active duty, the Soldier seeks to sell four months' worth of future pay for what?
(a) Three months' worth of cash for his family.
(b) A train ticket to see his family.
(c) A drink of water.
(d) A week's worth of food.
5. Christina mocks the thought of making a cripple cross the country to testify and suggests what?
(a) Shipping the rejection letter to Kiester.
(b) Kiester pick up Oscar's boxes and sort through them.
(c) Shipping them all the boxes to sift through.
(d) Kiester come to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry hopes once Szyrk is reversed, what will happen?
2. When Harry calls Oscar, what advice does he give him?
3. Bagby says the miners fear a drop in wages if the President does what?
4. Oscar agrees the title evokes the death scene at the end of what Shakespeare play?
5. How many causes of action does the plaintiff claim he has sustained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
2. What is the rambling, disjointed message that Trish leaves for Christina?
3. How does Oscar become even more convinced the movie is based on his play? Of what does Harry warn him?
4. What is wrong with Lily, when she enters the scene?
5. What has Lily's lawyer told Oscar about his injuries?
6. When Mother refuses to leave her broken-down farmhouse, what is the reasoning she gives to Thomas?
7. What does Lily think of Oscar's play so far?
8. What ends Oscar's play's character's, Thomas, dream of a life in public office?
9. What takes place in Scene 2 of Oscar's play?
10. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)