|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Christina upset with reporters?
(a) They are hunting for signs of heavy drinking and smoking, sacrilege and family insanity.
(b) She is afraid they will break into the house.
(c) They are ruining the grass in the front yard.
(d) She is tired of answering questions and posing for pictures.
2. What does Christina do when Oscar hints that Harry could handle the case?
(a) She snaps that Harry is exhausted and has no free time.
(b) She says Harry is free to help.
(c) She silently worries about Harry's health.
(d) She is thrilled to have Harry help her brother.
3. What does Oscar wonder about the movie's advertisement?
(a) If the producer is worried the movie will be a flop.
(b) If the scenes that resemble his play will be cut from the advertisments.
(c) If "based on a true story" is not an admission of guilt.
(d) How much the advertisements cost.
4. After a lunch break accommodating Oscar's nap, Pai apologizes to Oscar for what?
(a) Not formally introducing himself.
(b) Asking him so many questions.
(c) Yelling at him.
(d) Any appearance of disrespect.
5. Pai suggests that if such contention continues, he will move the hearing before whom?
(a) A state magistrate.
(b) A community magistrate.
(c) A federal magistrate.
(d) A stipendiary magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Thomas?
2. Why are Harry and Christina Lutz waiting for Oscar?
3. When does Jonathan Livingston change his name to Constantine Kiester?
4. What forces Thomas to go north to prevent the Union government from seizing everything?
5. Why can Oscar not start an action for infringement against the historical society?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Basie explain why members of Oscar's family are left out of the suit and the language is repetitious?
2. What does Thomas recall about war in this scene?
3. How and why does Basie interrupt the reading of the script?
4. What does Lily think of Oscar's play so far?
5. What does Oscar do when Harold Basie arrives?
6. What does Oscar think of Basie? Why does he keep him around?
7. What takes place in Scene 2 of Oscar's play?
8. How does Oscar explain his accident?
9. What is the complaint that is filed by Oscar?
10. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)