|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the next scene, Thomas intends to ignore what?
(a) His mother's cries.
(b) His summons from the draft board.
(c) His fear of battle.
(d) His desire to return home.
2. Lily is distraught over Billie's death and what else?
(a) The expense of attending his funeral.
(b) Billie's wrecked car.
(c) Her lack of money.
(d) Oscar's cold behavior.
3. Harry warns of the risk and cost of contesting what?
(a) Lack of Capacity.
(c) No Fault.
4. The defendants are enjoined to halt exhibition until when?
(a) The plaintiff gets the opportunity to see the movie.
(b) The plaintiff can receive therapy.
(c) The plaintiff is given equal credit with the producer and director.
(d) The plaintiff is given a monetary reward.
5. What forces Thomas to go north to prevent the Union government from seizing everything?
(a) His dying sister.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His ill wife.
(d) His uncle's death.
6. When Bagby leaves, Thomas and Kane discuss what?
(a) How horrible a person Bagby is.
(b) What to do about Bagby.
(c) How the plantation is running.
(d) The mutual enmity evident at Quantness.
7. The insurance company, once willing to settle for $500 plus hospital bills, now wants what?
(a) To settle for only $250.
(b) To settle for more than $500.
(c) Oscar's claims to be reconsidered.
(d) Oscar's claims dismissed on the basis of No Fault.
8. What does Lily advise Oscar about the play?
(a) Send it to a director and have it made into a movie.
(b) Produce a production of it on Broadway.
(c) Have someone read it who can understand it.
(d) Burn it.
9. What does Oscar fear about his house?
(a) That he will not be able to afford the mortgage.
(b) That his father wants to sell it.
(c) That his sister will want it.
(d) That is will need to be torn down.
10. Harry and Christina lie naked amidst what?
(a) Piles of dirty laundry.
(b) Piles of newspapers.
(c) The sheets on their bed.
(d) Empty wine bottles.
11. What does Basie try to show Oscar about artists?
(a) They can innocently use things without outright stealing them.
(b) They should never be trusted.
(c) They can often forget from what they are inspired.
(d) They often steal ideas from others.
12. According to Harry, why does Judge Crease give reporters the headline, "EVERY DOG ENTITLED TO ONE BITE, SAYS JUDGE?"
(a) He never said this; the reporters twisted his words.
(b) It's an effort to get himself disqualified from hearing any of the remaining cases.
(c) He is annoyed with the plaintiff.
(d) He is a very sarcastic man.
13. Who is Thomas?
(a) He is the director of the Civil War movie.
(b) He is a figment of Oscar's imagination.
(c) He is the Crease's next door neighbor.
(d) He is the hero and a born aristocrat in his thirties, dressed in a rumbled field uniform, bearing a battle scar that is evident but not disfiguring.
14. From whom does Christina read Oscar a letter?
(a) Harold Basie.
(b) Harry Lutz.
(c) John Knize.
(d) Judge Crease.
15. When Oscar admits at least one instance of two substitutes fighting and killing one another exists, how does Pai respond?
(a) He realizes the movie was inspired by Oscar's play.
(b) He does not believe Oscar.
(c) He sees this as proof that the movie does not copy the play.
(d) He takes this as a quirk of history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Thomas go to Quantness?
2. What does Bunker say is Trish's duty?
3. Kiester serves notice of intent to examine Oscar in Los Angeles and demands what?
4. What does Pai say about Oscar seeking substantial monetary damages?
5. When Pai asks Oscar to read several passages and state whether he recognizes them, from where does Oscar acknowledge they come?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)