|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has John Israel done?
(a) Run away.
(b) Talked back to Thomas.
(c) Shot himself.
(d) Freed the other slaves.
2. When Oscar wonders how Kevin can describe his scar, what does Lily reveal?
(a) Kevin visited Oscar in the hospital.
(b) She took photographs of Oscar's scar.
(c) Lily described the scar to Kevin.
(d) They ate dinner together last night, and watched a very bloody film.
3. When does the Soldier take Thomas' $20?
(a) When Thomas forces him to take it.
(b) When Thomas is not looking.
(c) When Thomas makes clear it is a free gift.
(d) When Thomas falls asleep.
4. Who is Thomas?
(a) He is the hero and a born aristocrat in his thirties, dressed in a rumbled field uniform, bearing a battle scar that is evident but not disfiguring.
(b) He is a figment of Oscar's imagination.
(c) He is the Crease's next door neighbor.
(d) He is the director of the Civil War movie.
5. In a complaint filed with U.S. District Court, SD, New York, September 30, 1990, Oscar L. Crease, Plaintiff vs. Erebus Entertainment, Inc., Ben B. F. Leva, Constantine Kiester a/k/a Jonathan Livingston (Siegal), and others, Defendants, alleges on or about July 1, 1977, plaintiff submits an original play entitled "Once at Antietam" to Kiester, then a television producer; Kiester returns said play with a note, saying what?
(a) It is unsuitable for television.
(b) It is spooky.
(c) It is a beautiful play, but he is not interested.
(d) He wants to use it as inspiration for movie.
6. Using only the newspapers of the day, what is Oscar showing?
(a) The blossoming of greed and corruption that will create modern America.
(b) His father will never care about him, unless he becomes famous with his play.
(c) The movie is an exact making of his play.
(d) His play is worthy of being made into a film.
7. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
(a) A great friend and terrific lawyer.
(b) A good and trustworthy man.
(c) An intelligent and gifted lawyer.
(d) Little better than a distracted delivery boy.
8. What does Oscar fear about his house?
(a) That his father wants to sell it.
(b) That he will not be able to afford the mortgage.
(c) That is will need to be torn down.
(d) That his sister will want it.
9. After a lunch break accommodating Oscar's nap, Pai apologizes to Oscar for what?
(a) Yelling at him.
(b) Not formally introducing himself.
(c) Asking him so many questions.
(d) Any appearance of disrespect.
10. What has happened to Oscar?
(a) He has been run over by a car.
(b) His meeting is running late.
(c) He needed a root canal.
(d) He had to work late at work.
11. In the 1930s, the yellow press ran stories about Grandfather doing what?
(a) Opening a secret dive bar during the days of Prohibition.
(b) Becoming a lawyer and finally a judge.
(c) Hiring substitutes in both the Union and Confederate armies who ended up killing one another
(d) Running for governor.
12. What does Christina do when Oscar hints that Harry could handle the case?
(a) She is thrilled to have Harry help her brother.
(b) She snaps that Harry is exhausted and has no free time.
(c) She says Harry is free to help.
(d) She silently worries about Harry's health.
13. What does Pai say separates Oscar from Shakespeare?
(a) Many centuries.
(c) The average person, too, has access to such materials; and the way he and Shakespeare execute the ideas is what separates them.
(d) Shakespeare wrote in a time when there were no copyright laws.
14. Lily's brother, Bobbie, is buying what?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A house.
(c) A BMW.
(d) A yacht.
15. In the play's prologue, Mother asks about what, regarding Thomas?
(a) His wound and heroism.
(b) His education.
(c) His wife.
(d) His training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christina and Harry go to Room 612B and find Oscar upset. Over what is he upset?
2. What does this travel north end for Thomas?
3. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
4. What forces Thomas to go north to prevent the Union government from seizing everything?
5. How does Oscar reply when Basie interrupts to ask how Israel fits into his play?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)