|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar fear about his house?
(a) That his sister will want it.
(b) That is will need to be torn down.
(c) That he will not be able to afford the mortgage.
(d) That his father wants to sell it.
2. Why can Oscar not start an action for infringement against the historical society?
(a) They have not used Oscar's play for profit.
(b) Until the copyright claim is registered.
(c) He had given them permission to use his play.
(d) They are a non-profit organization.
3. What has John Israel done?
(a) Talked back to Thomas.
(b) Shot himself.
(c) Freed the other slaves.
(d) Run away.
4. Harry and Christina lie naked amidst what?
(a) The sheets on their bed.
(b) Piles of dirty laundry.
(c) Piles of newspapers.
(d) Empty wine bottles.
5. Why does Oscar include natural slavery in the play?
(a) Because it is shocking.
(b) Because it is believed by most people.
(c) Because the Major - not he - believes in it.
(d) Because he believes it.
6. After a lunch break accommodating Oscar's nap, Pai apologizes to Oscar for what?
(a) Yelling at him.
(b) Not formally introducing himself.
(c) Asking him so many questions.
(d) Any appearance of disrespect.
7. When Thomas recalls viewing his opponent and himself, how does he see them?
(a) As together fighting death.
(b) As fighting for opposite causes.
(c) As two separate worlds colliding.
(d) As fighting for victory.
8. Christina mocks the thought of making a cripple cross the country to testify and suggests what?
(a) Kiester come to them.
(b) Shipping the rejection letter to Kiester.
(c) Shipping them all the boxes to sift through.
(d) Kiester pick up Oscar's boxes and sort through them.
9. Why is Oscar certain he did not send his script to Kiester?
(a) He has never sent his script to anyone.
(b) His name is very laughable.
(c) Kiester is not a well-known producer.
(d) He has never sent it to a movie producer.
10. Courage, Kane states, is what?
(a) A brave way to live.
(b) A foolish waste of time.
(c) Only found in those who have suffered the effects of war.
(d) The wisdom to stand trial when we do not suspect it.
11. Using only the newspapers of the day, what is Oscar showing?
(a) The blossoming of greed and corruption that will create modern America.
(b) His play is worthy of being made into a film.
(c) His father will never care about him, unless he becomes famous with his play.
(d) The movie is an exact making of his play.
12. With what does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
(a) Basie and Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai, counsel for the defendant, are in a minor disagreement.
(b) Basie and Oscar and disagreeing on how to go about fighting Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai.
(c) Basie and Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai, counsel for the defendants, sparring over expediting matters.
(d) Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai and Oscar are arguing in the hallway.
13. Harry hopes once Szyrk is reversed, what will happen?
(a) Interest will stay the same.
(b) Interest will grow.
(c) Interest will die down.
(d) Szyrk will be his friend.
14. Why is Christina upset with reporters?
(a) She is afraid they will break into the house.
(b) She is tired of answering questions and posing for pictures.
(c) They are ruining the grass in the front yard.
(d) They are hunting for signs of heavy drinking and smoking, sacrilege and family insanity.
15. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
(a) It is brilliant.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is somewhat odd.
(d) It is spooky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Basie doubts Oscar has a case, but leaves doing what?
2. The defendants are enjoined to halt exhibition until when?
3. In the play's prologue, Mother asks about what, regarding Thomas?
4. When Bagby leaves, Thomas and Kane discuss what?
5. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)