|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar wonder about the movie's advertisement?
(a) If the scenes that resemble his play will be cut from the advertisments.
(b) How much the advertisements cost.
(c) If "based on a true story" is not an admission of guilt.
(d) If the producer is worried the movie will be a flop.
2. About what does Oscar worry, regarding his hospital bill?
(a) How much his insurance premium will be raised.
(b) For what he has been billed.
(c) When he will receive it.
(d) How much his insurance will cover.
3. Why are Harry and Christina Lutz waiting for Oscar?
(a) He is to return from physical therapy.
(b) He is at the dentist's office.
(c) He is at work.
(d) He is in a meeting.
4. Kiester counters the complaint, denying what?
(a) He realized the movie was based on Oscar's play.
(b) He made a Civil War movie.
(c) He has ever seen the play.
(d) All allegations.
5. When Oscar admits at least one instance of two substitutes fighting and killing one another exists, how does Pai respond?
(a) He does not believe Oscar.
(b) He realizes the movie was inspired by Oscar's play.
(c) He sees this as proof that the movie does not copy the play.
(d) He takes this as a quirk of history.
6. The defendants are enjoined to halt exhibition until when?
(a) The plaintiff can receive therapy.
(b) The plaintiff gets the opportunity to see the movie.
(c) The plaintiff is given equal credit with the producer and director.
(d) The plaintiff is given a monetary reward.
7. Courage, Kane states, is what?
(a) A brave way to live.
(b) Only found in those who have suffered the effects of war.
(c) A foolish waste of time.
(d) The wisdom to stand trial when we do not suspect it.
8. Why does Christina believe Trish could hardly seek an abortion in the hospital?
(a) She perennially helps finance it and is currently suing it for fetal endangerment.
(b) The clinic was closer to her home.
(c) The hospital is very dirty.
(d) Hospitals are expensive.
9. When Harry calls Oscar, what advice does he give him?
(a) Call him if he needs anything.
(b) Relax, tell the truth, and not volunteer.
(c) Tell the lawyers and judges everything.
(d) Give all the information he can.
10. The Major makes an aside to Kane about what, regarding Israel?
(a) Israel will never get caught.
(b) Israel would be a powerful ally to have against Thomas.
(c) All slaves should be educated.
(d) Educating a slave to read and carve wood like Israel is an invitation to trouble. K
11. When Christina announces someone is taking pictures on the lawn, what does Oscar demand?
(a) They go out and enjoy the free photography.
(b) She call the police.
(c) The cameras of the photographers.
(d) She drive them away.
12. When Bagby leaves, Thomas and Kane discuss what?
(a) The mutual enmity evident at Quantness.
(b) How horrible a person Bagby is.
(c) How the plantation is running.
(d) What to do about Bagby.
13. From whom does Christina read Oscar a letter?
(a) Judge Crease.
(b) Harry Lutz.
(c) Harold Basie.
(d) John Knize.
14. Of what does Thomas accuse his mother?
(a) Cherishing justice and easily relinquishing the past.
(b) Cherishing injustice and refusing to relinquish the past.
(c) Being too harsh on John Israel.
(d) Not being kind enough to all the slaves.
15. Why does Oscar say his play has never been performed?
(a) Broadway only wants "tits and ass."
(b) Broadway was never big enough for him.
(c) He is too afraid to show it to a producer.
(d) He has yet to complete it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using only the newspapers of the day, what is Oscar showing?
2. What does this travel north end for Thomas?
3. Of what does Harry warn Oscar?
4. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
5. What does the plaintiff do with the play?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)