|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thomas?
(a) He is the Crease's next door neighbor.
(b) He is the director of the Civil War movie.
(c) He is the hero and a born aristocrat in his thirties, dressed in a rumbled field uniform, bearing a battle scar that is evident but not disfiguring.
(d) He is a figment of Oscar's imagination.
2. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
(a) To prove the ad campaign is a last-minute attempt to poison the atmosphere over Szyrk.
(b) To prove that the movie is based on his play.
(c) To annoy Kiester.
(d) To waste time.
3. Why is Oscar certain he did not send his script to Kiester?
(a) He has never sent his script to anyone.
(b) He has never sent it to a movie producer.
(c) His name is very laughable.
(d) Kiester is not a well-known producer.
4. What does Oscar state about his teaching career?
(a) He has taught European History at Lawrence North High School.
(b) He has taught European History at Lotusvill Community College.
(c) He has taught American History at Lawrence North High School.
(d) He has taught American History at Lotusville Community College for 12 years, more as a hobby than as an occupation.
5. Basie finds dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice familiar, and Oscar says it is from what?
(a) Thomas Jefferson's autobiography.
(b) Shakespeare's Othello.
(c) Plato's Republic.
(d) Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
6. Harry does not want to get involved with Trisha's case. What does he warn Christina?
(a) She may say something to Trish she does not mean.
(b) Trish may try to drag her into the case.
(c) Trish may come to soley rely on her.
(d) She may be called as a witness for foolishly accompanying Trish to the clinic.
7. Oscar maintains "when the idea is used in the context of the expression, combined with the expression, then the idea becomes part of the abuse I'm referring to," but denies what?
(a) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Civil War or Revolutionary War.
(b) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Civil War or the Battle of Antietam.
(c) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Revolutionary War or War of 1812.
(d) Claiming propietary interest in either the French and Indian War or the Trail of Tears.
8. Why does Christina believe Trish could hardly seek an abortion in the hospital?
(a) The clinic was closer to her home.
(b) She perennially helps finance it and is currently suing it for fetal endangerment.
(c) The hospital is very dirty.
(d) Hospitals are expensive.
9. Why can Oscar not start an action for infringement against the historical society?
(a) He had given them permission to use his play.
(b) They have not used Oscar's play for profit.
(c) Until the copyright claim is registered.
(d) They are a non-profit organization.
10. Harry and Christina lie naked amidst what?
(a) Piles of dirty laundry.
(b) The sheets on their bed.
(c) Piles of newspapers.
(d) Empty wine bottles.
11. Why does Basie interrupt by admitting Oscar's lawsuit could be a landmark if they win?
(a) He is trying to stay positive.
(b) He wants to convince Oscar his case has a chance.
(c) He hopes to forestall reading the entire script.
(d) He wants to encourage Oscar to hire him.
12. Harry hopes once Szyrk is reversed, what will happen?
(a) Interest will grow.
(b) Interest will die down.
(c) Interest will stay the same.
(d) Szyrk will be his friend.
13. About what does Oscar worry, regarding his hospital bill?
(a) When he will receive it.
(b) For what he has been billed.
(c) How much his insurance will cover.
(d) How much his insurance premium will be raised.
14. What kind of dog has Trish bought?
(a) A collie.
(b) A poodle.
(c) A golden retriever.
(d) A lhasa apso.
15. Without insurance, what can Lily not do?
(a) Buy a new car.
(b) Have her eyes examined.
(c) Go to the dentist.
(d) See a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
2. Oscar has not seen the movie but has heard and read the hero has what, which can hardly be a coincidence?
3. The insurance company, once willing to settle for $500 plus hospital bills, now wants what?
4. In Scene 2 of the play,Thomas approaches a limping Soldier wearing a worn Union uniform. Called back to active duty, the Soldier seeks to sell four months' worth of future pay for what?
5. With what does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)