|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lily is distraught over Billie's death and what else?
(a) Oscar's cold behavior.
(b) Her lack of money.
(c) The expense of attending his funeral.
(d) Billie's wrecked car.
2. What does Oscar fear about his house?
(a) That his father wants to sell it.
(b) That is will need to be torn down.
(c) That he will not be able to afford the mortgage.
(d) That his sister will want it.
3. What has happened to Oscar?
(a) He had to work late at work.
(b) He has been run over by a car.
(c) His meeting is running late.
(d) He needed a root canal.
4. Harry hopes once Szyrk is reversed, what will happen?
(a) Interest will stay the same.
(b) Interest will die down.
(c) Szyrk will be his friend.
(d) Interest will grow.
5. What does Thomas' mother refuse to leave?
(a) The broken-down farmhouse.
(b) The farm.
(c) The parlor.
(d) Her room.
6. What does Pai say separates Oscar from Shakespeare?
(a) Shakespeare wrote in a time when there were no copyright laws.
(b) Many centuries.
(c) The average person, too, has access to such materials; and the way he and Shakespeare execute the ideas is what separates them.
7. Using only the newspapers of the day, what is Oscar showing?
(a) His father will never care about him, unless he becomes famous with his play.
(b) His play is worthy of being made into a film.
(c) The movie is an exact making of his play.
(d) The blossoming of greed and corruption that will create modern America.
8. With what does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
(a) Basie and Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai, counsel for the defendants, sparring over expediting matters.
(b) Basie and Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai, counsel for the defendant, are in a minor disagreement.
(c) Basie and Oscar and disagreeing on how to go about fighting Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai.
(d) Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai and Oscar are arguing in the hallway.
9. What kind of dog has Trish bought?
(a) A poodle.
(b) A lhasa apso.
(c) A golden retriever.
(d) A collie.
10. Since when has Oscar been feeling terminal?
(a) Ever since his accident.
(b) Ever since his physical therapy began.
(c) Ever since that morning.
(d) Ever since a man in black came offering him money to carry messages to the other side.
11. What does Oscar wonder about the movie's advertisement?
(a) If the producer is worried the movie will be a flop.
(b) If the scenes that resemble his play will be cut from the advertisments.
(c) How much the advertisements cost.
(d) If "based on a true story" is not an admission of guilt.
12. Oscar sees Basie's point, but does not want what?
(a) To listen to him.
(b) His name tied to mindless trash.
(c) His play to be made into a movie.
(d) To have his case dismissed.
13. Harry warns of the risk and cost of contesting what?
(b) No Fault.
(c) Lack of Capacity.
14. Why must Thomas go to Quantness?
(a) To pay the bills.
(b) To plant cotton.
(c) To see his wife.
(d) To deal with his two slaves.
15. Today's newspaper implicates what about the producer, Kiester?
(a) He had used Oscar's script to create his movie.
(b) He is an award-winning producer.
(c) The Civil War film is his first.
(d) He adopted deceptive practices in making his previous blockbuster, Uburubu.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Christina read Oscar a letter?
2. Why does Mother resent Thomas' marriage to Giulielma?
3. Christina mocks the thought of making a cripple cross the country to testify and suggests what?
4. How many causes of action does the plaintiff claim he has sustained?
5. When Oscar admits at least one instance of two substitutes fighting and killing one another exists, how does Pai respond?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)