|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry does not want to get involved with Trisha's case. What does he warn Christina?
(a) She may say something to Trish she does not mean.
(b) Trish may try to drag her into the case.
(c) Trish may come to soley rely on her.
(d) She may be called as a witness for foolishly accompanying Trish to the clinic.
2. Basie remarks on the house's value. How does Oscar reply?
(a) Privacy is valuable in an era of tract homes.
(b) The house is really not worth much.
(c) The home has been in his family for generations.
(d) The house is very old and large.
3. Why does Oscar include natural slavery in the play?
(a) Because he believes it.
(b) Because it is shocking.
(c) Because it is believed by most people.
(d) Because the Major - not he - believes in it.
4. Why are Harry and Christina Lutz waiting for Oscar?
(a) He is to return from physical therapy.
(b) He is in a meeting.
(c) He is at work.
(d) He is at the dentist's office.
5. Christina mocks the thought of making a cripple cross the country to testify and suggests what?
(a) Shipping the rejection letter to Kiester.
(b) Shipping them all the boxes to sift through.
(c) Kiester pick up Oscar's boxes and sort through them.
(d) Kiester come to them.
6. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is spooky.
(c) It is somewhat odd.
(d) It is brilliant.
7. Pai suggests that if such contention continues, he will move the hearing before whom?
(a) A community magistrate.
(b) A state magistrate.
(c) A federal magistrate.
(d) A stipendiary magistrate.
8. In Scene 2 of the play,Thomas approaches a limping Soldier wearing a worn Union uniform. Called back to active duty, the Soldier seeks to sell four months' worth of future pay for what?
(a) A train ticket to see his family.
(b) A drink of water.
(c) Three months' worth of cash for his family.
(d) A week's worth of food.
9. When does the Soldier take Thomas' $20?
(a) When Thomas makes clear it is a free gift.
(b) When Thomas forces him to take it.
(c) When Thomas falls asleep.
(d) When Thomas is not looking.
10. What calls Oscar's play's first act superfluous, the last act untargeted, and the whole play void of purpose?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The rejection letter.
(c) Broadway producers.
(d) The television broadcasts.
11. Oscar has not seen the movie but has heard and read the hero has what, which can hardly be a coincidence?
(a) A sword.
(b) A facial scar.
(c) A birth mark.
(d) A horse.
12. Why does Basie explain the complaint must conform to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure?
(a) He does not want to risk not being taken seriously.
(b) Or others may laugh at it.
(c) Or risk being dismissed.
(d) It will be taken too seriously.
13. When Oscar admits at least one instance of two substitutes fighting and killing one another exists, how does Pai respond?
(a) He takes this as a quirk of history.
(b) He sees this as proof that the movie does not copy the play.
(c) He realizes the movie was inspired by Oscar's play.
(d) He does not believe Oscar.
14. What does Pai say separates Oscar from Shakespeare?
(a) The average person, too, has access to such materials; and the way he and Shakespeare execute the ideas is what separates them.
(b) Shakespeare wrote in a time when there were no copyright laws.
(c) Many centuries.
15. Lily's brother, Bobbie, is buying what?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A house.
(c) A Porsche.
(d) A yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar wonder about the movie's advertisement?
2. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
3. How does Christina respond when Harry cites the 1983 Carson v. Here's Johnny Portable Toilets?
4. What does Bunker say is Trish's duty?
5. Oscar recalls sending the script to whom?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)