|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry and Christina lie naked amidst what?
(a) Empty wine bottles.
(b) Piles of dirty laundry.
(c) The sheets on their bed.
(d) Piles of newspapers.
2. What does Harry advise Oscar regarding history?
(a) One should not make a play about it.
(b) It cannot be repeated.
(c) It is boring.
(d) One cannot copyright it.
3. Harry warns of the risk and cost of contesting what?
(a) Lack of Capacity.
(d) No Fault.
4. The insurance company, once willing to settle for $500 plus hospital bills, now wants what?
(a) To settle for more than $500.
(b) To settle for only $250.
(c) Oscar's claims dismissed on the basis of No Fault.
(d) Oscar's claims to be reconsidered.
5. What convinces Oscar the producer of "The Blood in the Red White and Blue," Kiester, has stolen the characters and themes of his play?
(a) After talking to the director about his film.
(b) Reading the script for the movie.
(c) The Times' review of the movie.
(d) When he sees the movie.
6. Basie finds dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice familiar, and Oscar says it is from what?
(a) Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
(b) Shakespeare's Othello.
(c) Thomas Jefferson's autobiography.
(d) Plato's Republic.
7. Today's newspaper implicates what about the producer, Kiester?
(a) He adopted deceptive practices in making his previous blockbuster, Uburubu.
(b) The Civil War film is his first.
(c) He is an award-winning producer.
(d) He had used Oscar's script to create his movie.
8. Kiester serves notice of intent to examine Oscar in Los Angeles and demands what?
(a) His presence.
(b) Copies of any evidence.
(c) His play.
(d) Time to organize a defense team.
9. Why does James B. file a suit?
(a) He is trying to coax his pet out and is bitten.
(b) His pet dies in a car accident.
(c) His dog is injured in a construction accident.
(d) He is bitten by a strange dog.
10. Why are Harry and Christina Lutz waiting for Oscar?
(a) He is to return from physical therapy.
(b) He is at work.
(c) He is at the dentist's office.
(d) He is in a meeting.
11. What does Pai say about Oscar seeking substantial monetary damages?
(a) He is being greedy and wanting what is not his.
(b) He deserves every penny he can get, because the movie is surely based on his play.
(c) He is seeking them for a work he claims to have created not primarily for monetary gain.
(d) He will not be awarded much money, since the movie was a failure and a flop.
12. How many causes of action does the plaintiff claim he has sustained?
13. The defendants are enjoined to halt exhibition until when?
(a) The plaintiff gets the opportunity to see the movie.
(b) The plaintiff is given equal credit with the producer and director.
(c) The plaintiff can receive therapy.
(d) The plaintiff is given a monetary reward.
14. What does Basie try to show Oscar about artists?
(a) They can often forget from what they are inspired.
(b) They can innocently use things without outright stealing them.
(c) They should never be trusted.
(d) They often steal ideas from others.
15. Lily's brother, Bobbie, is buying what?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A house.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A Porsche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Oscar?
2. What does Oscar wonder about the movie's advertisement?
3. Christina mocks the thought of making a cripple cross the country to testify and suggests what?
4. What does the plaintiff do with the play?
5. When Pai asks Oscar to read several passages and state whether he recognizes them, from where does Oscar acknowledge they come?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)