|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
(a) Basie and Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai, counsel for the defendants, sparring over expediting matters.
(b) Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai and Oscar are arguing in the hallway.
(c) Basie and Oscar and disagreeing on how to go about fighting Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai.
(d) Basie and Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai, counsel for the defendant, are in a minor disagreement.
2. Why is Oscar certain he did not send his script to Kiester?
(a) Kiester is not a well-known producer.
(b) He has never sent it to a movie producer.
(c) He has never sent his script to anyone.
(d) His name is very laughable.
3. Basie says a newspaper report has raised hopes in Oscar's case, provided what?
(a) Oscar files suit.
(b) Oscar trusts him.
(c) Oscar can find Kiester's rejection letter.
(d) Oscar pays him a large sum before the hearings begin.
4. Pai suggests that if such contention continues, he will move the hearing before whom?
(a) A federal magistrate.
(b) A community magistrate.
(c) A stipendiary magistrate.
(d) A state magistrate.
5. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
(a) A good and trustworthy man.
(b) Little better than a distracted delivery boy.
(c) An intelligent and gifted lawyer.
(d) A great friend and terrific lawyer.
6. When Pai asks Oscar to read several passages and state whether he recognizes them, from where does Oscar acknowledge they come?
(a) Kaufman and Hart's play, You Can't Take It With You.
(b) Eugene O'Neill's dreary play, Mourning Becomes Electra.
(c) Gower Champions' musical, 42nd Street.
(d) Eugene O'Neill's play, Ah Wilderness.
7. What does Bunker say is Trish's duty?
(a) To stand up to the hordes intent on destroying civilization.
(b) To give up on her court case.
(c) To get help for her defense.
(d) To marry him.
8. When Oscar wonders how Kevin can describe his scar, what does Lily reveal?
(a) Lily described the scar to Kevin.
(b) They ate dinner together last night, and watched a very bloody film.
(c) She took photographs of Oscar's scar.
(d) Kevin visited Oscar in the hospital.
9. Oscar sees Basie's point, but does not want what?
(a) To listen to him.
(b) His play to be made into a movie.
(c) His name tied to mindless trash.
(d) To have his case dismissed.
10. What calls Oscar's play's first act superfluous, the last act untargeted, and the whole play void of purpose?
(a) The television broadcasts.
(b) The rejection letter.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) Broadway producers.
11. Using only the newspapers of the day, what is Oscar showing?
(a) The blossoming of greed and corruption that will create modern America.
(b) The movie is an exact making of his play.
(c) His play is worthy of being made into a film.
(d) His father will never care about him, unless he becomes famous with his play.
12. Harry does not want to get involved with Trisha's case. What does he warn Christina?
(a) She may say something to Trish she does not mean.
(b) She may be called as a witness for foolishly accompanying Trish to the clinic.
(c) Trish may come to soley rely on her.
(d) Trish may try to drag her into the case.
13. What does Oscar fear about his house?
(a) That is will need to be torn down.
(b) That his father wants to sell it.
(c) That he will not be able to afford the mortgage.
(d) That his sister will want it.
14. Why does Oscar include natural slavery in the play?
(a) Because the Major - not he - believes in it.
(b) Because it is believed by most people.
(c) Because it is shocking.
(d) Because he believes it.
15. What does Oscar wonder about the movie's advertisement?
(a) How much the advertisements cost.
(b) If "based on a true story" is not an admission of guilt.
(c) If the scenes that resemble his play will be cut from the advertisments.
(d) If the producer is worried the movie will be a flop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Soldier take Thomas' $20?
2. What does Basie try to show Oscar about artists?
3. Kiester counters the complaint, denying what?
4. How does Trish receive diamonds?
5. Kiester serves notice of intent to examine Oscar in Los Angeles and demands what?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)