|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The defendants are enjoined to halt exhibition until when?
(a) The plaintiff is given equal credit with the producer and director.
(b) The plaintiff gets the opportunity to see the movie.
(c) The plaintiff is given a monetary reward.
(d) The plaintiff can receive therapy.
2. Courage, Kane states, is what?
(a) A foolish waste of time.
(b) A brave way to live.
(c) The wisdom to stand trial when we do not suspect it.
(d) Only found in those who have suffered the effects of war.
3. Why is Oscar certain he did not send his script to Kiester?
(a) His name is very laughable.
(b) He has never sent his script to anyone.
(c) Kiester is not a well-known producer.
(d) He has never sent it to a movie producer.
4. Why can Oscar not start an action for infringement against the historical society?
(a) They are a non-profit organization.
(b) They have not used Oscar's play for profit.
(c) He had given them permission to use his play.
(d) Until the copyright claim is registered.
5. Why must Thomas go to Quantness?
(a) To pay the bills.
(b) To plant cotton.
(c) To deal with his two slaves.
(d) To see his wife.
6. What does Lily advise Oscar about the play?
(a) Produce a production of it on Broadway.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Send it to a director and have it made into a movie.
(d) Have someone read it who can understand it.
7. What does Christina do when Oscar hints that Harry could handle the case?
(a) She silently worries about Harry's health.
(b) She is thrilled to have Harry help her brother.
(c) She says Harry is free to help.
(d) She snaps that Harry is exhausted and has no free time.
8. Why does Basie explain the complaint must conform to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure?
(a) Or risk being dismissed.
(b) It will be taken too seriously.
(c) Or others may laugh at it.
(d) He does not want to risk not being taken seriously.
9. How does Oscar reply when Basie interrupts to ask how Israel fits into his play?
(a) He does not; he is only a means of showing how, in those days, an educated black man was suspended between worlds.
(b) His running away is a catalyst for other events.
(c) He is an essential character and member of the family, even though he is a slave.
(d) He is proof that others may free themselves from bondage.
10. Why is Christina worried about Szyrk?
(a) Szyrk is trying to sue the family.
(b) Szyrk wants to buy the family home.
(c) Szyrk may publicize family madness.
(d) Szyrk is stalking her.
11. Basie finds dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice familiar, and Oscar says it is from what?
(a) Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
(b) Thomas Jefferson's autobiography.
(c) Shakespeare's Othello.
(d) Plato's Republic.
12. Why does Christina believe Trish could hardly seek an abortion in the hospital?
(a) The clinic was closer to her home.
(b) She perennially helps finance it and is currently suing it for fetal endangerment.
(c) The hospital is very dirty.
(d) Hospitals are expensive.
13. Why is Trish suing for support payments?
(a) Her ex has taken custody of their child.
(b) Her ex has run away to France.
(c) Her ex is hiding out and saying he has no money.
(d) Her ex has been murdered, leaving six paternity suits pending against his vast estate.
14. Why does Mother resent Thomas' marriage to Giulielma?
(a) He married her to escape his family.
(b) He married her for her money.
(c) He married her out of spite.
(d) He married her to control the plantation.
15. Thomas muses how the trees, rocks and ditches - all so casually ignored in peacetime - are what in battle?
(a) Cruel and disfigured.
(b) Crucial to survival.
(c) In the way of the soldiers.
(d) Bloody and twisted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does James B. file a suit?
2. How many causes of action does the plaintiff claim he has sustained?
3. In more responsive hands, observes the Times, the characters of the movie might have reflected what?
4. What does Trish gush with joy over, besides Oscar now having someone to sue so he will be set for life?
5. Lily's brother, Bobbie, is buying what?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)