|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the plaintiff do with the play?
(a) He destroys it.
(b) He withdraws it from further circulation.
(c) He frames it in his home.
(d) He sends it to other producers.
2. What forces Thomas to go north to prevent the Union government from seizing everything?
(a) His dying sister.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His uncle's death.
(d) His ill wife.
3. Harry hopes once Szyrk is reversed, what will happen?
(a) Interest will stay the same.
(b) Interest will grow.
(c) Szyrk will be his friend.
(d) Interest will die down.
4. How does Oscar respond when Pai questions him saying, could Livingston not be expected to receive many such unsolicited scripts, written solely in hopes of financial reward?
(a) Oscar agrees that monetary gain was a part of his motivation.
(b) Oscar agrees that was his motivation.
(c) Oscar is not sure of his motivation.
(d) Oscar denies such motivation.
5. Harry and Christina lie naked amidst what?
(a) Piles of newspapers.
(b) Piles of dirty laundry.
(c) The sheets on their bed.
(d) Empty wine bottles.
6. When Harry calls Oscar, what advice does he give him?
(a) Tell the lawyers and judges everything.
(b) Relax, tell the truth, and not volunteer.
(c) Give all the information he can.
(d) Call him if he needs anything.
7. The phone rings, and Trish leaves a rambling, disjointed message. What does she fear?
(a) The reporters will never leave.
(b) Being jailed over her abortion.
(c) Her boyfriend will find out she had an abortion.
(d) She will be unable to get her abortion.
8. Oscar agrees the title evokes the death scene at the end of what Shakespeare play?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Twelfth Night.
9. What does Harry advise Oscar regarding history?
(a) It cannot be repeated.
(b) It is boring.
(c) One cannot copyright it.
(d) One should not make a play about it.
10. Basie remarks on the house's value. How does Oscar reply?
(a) The home has been in his family for generations.
(b) The house is really not worth much.
(c) Privacy is valuable in an era of tract homes.
(d) The house is very old and large.
11. What does Trish gush with joy over, besides Oscar now having someone to sue so he will be set for life?
(a) Oscar's hospital room.
(b) How cute Christina's new dress is.
(c) Getting invited to visit Oscar.
(d) Christina landing a lawyer for a husband.
12. When Oscar wonders how Kevin can describe his scar, what does Lily reveal?
(a) She took photographs of Oscar's scar.
(b) Lily described the scar to Kevin.
(c) Kevin visited Oscar in the hospital.
(d) They ate dinner together last night, and watched a very bloody film.
13. What calls Oscar's play's first act superfluous, the last act untargeted, and the whole play void of purpose?
(a) The television broadcasts.
(b) The rejection letter.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) Broadway producers.
14. Why does Oscar say his play has never been performed?
(a) He is too afraid to show it to a producer.
(b) Broadway only wants "tits and ass."
(c) He has yet to complete it.
(d) Broadway was never big enough for him.
15. How does Oscar say Bagby's swindling differs from Pentagon operations?
(a) Only in scope (thousands vs. billions of dollars).
(b) The Pentagon is trustworthy, unlike Bagby.
(c) Bagby represents the Pentagon but from an earlier era.
(d) Bagby is more honest than the Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother resent Thomas' marriage to Giulielma?
2. With what does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
3. What convinces Oscar the producer of "The Blood in the Red White and Blue," Kiester, has stolen the characters and themes of his play?
4. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
5. Harry warns of the risk and cost of contesting what?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)