|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bunker say is Trish's duty?
(a) To stand up to the hordes intent on destroying civilization.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To get help for her defense.
(d) To give up on her court case.
2. When Thomas recalls viewing his opponent and himself, how does he see them?
(a) As fighting for victory.
(b) As two separate worlds colliding.
(c) As together fighting death.
(d) As fighting for opposite causes.
3. When Bagby leaves, Thomas and Kane discuss what?
(a) How the plantation is running.
(b) The mutual enmity evident at Quantness.
(c) How horrible a person Bagby is.
(d) What to do about Bagby.
4. When does the Soldier take Thomas' $20?
(a) When Thomas forces him to take it.
(b) When Thomas is not looking.
(c) When Thomas falls asleep.
(d) When Thomas makes clear it is a free gift.
5. Harry and Christina lie naked amidst what?
(a) The sheets on their bed.
(b) Empty wine bottles.
(c) Piles of newspapers.
(d) Piles of dirty laundry.
6. What does Lily advise Oscar about the play?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Have someone read it who can understand it.
(c) Send it to a director and have it made into a movie.
(d) Produce a production of it on Broadway.
7. Using only the newspapers of the day, what is Oscar showing?
(a) His play is worthy of being made into a film.
(b) His father will never care about him, unless he becomes famous with his play.
(c) The blossoming of greed and corruption that will create modern America.
(d) The movie is an exact making of his play.
8. In the 1930s, the yellow press ran stories about Grandfather doing what?
(a) Running for governor.
(b) Becoming a lawyer and finally a judge.
(c) Hiring substitutes in both the Union and Confederate armies who ended up killing one another
(d) Opening a secret dive bar during the days of Prohibition.
9. What does Harry advise Oscar regarding history?
(a) One cannot copyright it.
(b) It cannot be repeated.
(c) It is boring.
(d) One should not make a play about it.
10. Harry warns of the risk and cost of contesting what?
(a) Lack of Capacity.
(c) No Fault.
11. The phone rings, and Trish leaves a rambling, disjointed message. What does she fear?
(a) Her boyfriend will find out she had an abortion.
(b) She will be unable to get her abortion.
(c) The reporters will never leave.
(d) Being jailed over her abortion.
12. How does Trish receive diamonds?
(a) The clever insurance people had bought them back from the thieves.
(b) She has purchased them with the money received from her law suit.
(c) Her boyfriend gives them to her as an apology.
(d) She has borrowed them for the weekend.
13. Oscar sees Basie's point, but does not want what?
(a) His play to be made into a movie.
(b) His name tied to mindless trash.
(c) To have his case dismissed.
(d) To listen to him.
14. Of what does Harry warn Oscar?
(a) He will get nowhere by suing the director of the Civil War movie.
(b) He will not be able to help him.
(c) It will cost him thousands to have two law suits taking place.
(d) The media are looking for signs of family madness to get even with Father over Szyrk.
15. Why is Trish suing for support payments?
(a) Her ex is hiding out and saying he has no money.
(b) Her ex has taken custody of their child.
(c) Her ex has run away to France.
(d) Her ex has been murdered, leaving six paternity suits pending against his vast estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Lily not marry Oscar yet?
2. The insurance company, once willing to settle for $500 plus hospital bills, now wants what?
3. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
4. What does Oscar state about his teaching career?
5. What does Thomas' mother refuse to leave?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)