|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oscar include natural slavery in the play?
(a) Because it is shocking.
(b) Because the Major - not he - believes in it.
(c) Because he believes it.
(d) Because it is believed by most people.
2. Christina and Harry go to Room 612B and find Oscar upset. Over what is he upset?
(a) News reports that Father is being burned in effigy in some riotous scene, and someone is already suing over a Civil War movie Oscar claims is his story about his grandfather.
(b) He has had very few visitors.
(c) His physical therapy is going longer than expected.
(d) His insurance company is not covering most of his hospital bills.
3. Why is Trish suing for support payments?
(a) Her ex has been murdered, leaving six paternity suits pending against his vast estate.
(b) Her ex is hiding out and saying he has no money.
(c) Her ex has taken custody of their child.
(d) Her ex has run away to France.
4. Why does Mother resent Thomas' marriage to Giulielma?
(a) He married her for her money.
(b) He married her out of spite.
(c) He married her to escape his family.
(d) He married her to control the plantation.
5. When does Jonathan Livingston change his name to Constantine Kiester?
(a) After moving to Hollywood.
(b) After running for mayor.
(c) After acting on Broadway.
(d) After grad school.
6. When Bagby leaves, Thomas and Kane discuss what?
(a) What to do about Bagby.
(b) How horrible a person Bagby is.
(c) The mutual enmity evident at Quantness.
(d) How the plantation is running.
7. In Scene 2 of the play,Thomas approaches a limping Soldier wearing a worn Union uniform. Called back to active duty, the Soldier seeks to sell four months' worth of future pay for what?
(a) A train ticket to see his family.
(b) Three months' worth of cash for his family.
(c) A drink of water.
(d) A week's worth of food.
8. Why does Christina believe Trish could hardly seek an abortion in the hospital?
(a) The hospital is very dirty.
(b) The clinic was closer to her home.
(c) She perennially helps finance it and is currently suing it for fetal endangerment.
(d) Hospitals are expensive.
9. When Oscar admits at least one instance of two substitutes fighting and killing one another exists, how does Pai respond?
(a) He does not believe Oscar.
(b) He realizes the movie was inspired by Oscar's play.
(c) He takes this as a quirk of history.
(d) He sees this as proof that the movie does not copy the play.
10. Oscar agrees the title evokes the death scene at the end of what Shakespeare play?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Twelfth Night.
11. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
(a) In his bedroom screaming for help.
(b) In his new wheelchair and complaining about his new maid.
(c) Outside the house without his keys.
(d) In his car with the doors locked.
12. Harry hopes once Szyrk is reversed, what will happen?
(a) Interest will grow.
(b) Szyrk will be his friend.
(c) Interest will stay the same.
(d) Interest will die down.
13. Basie remarks on the house's value. How does Oscar reply?
(a) The home has been in his family for generations.
(b) The house is very old and large.
(c) Privacy is valuable in an era of tract homes.
(d) The house is really not worth much.
14. When Harry calls Oscar, what advice does he give him?
(a) Give all the information he can.
(b) Relax, tell the truth, and not volunteer.
(c) Call him if he needs anything.
(d) Tell the lawyers and judges everything.
15. From whom does Christina read Oscar a letter?
(a) Judge Crease.
(b) Harold Basie.
(c) John Knize.
(d) Harry Lutz.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Pai direct Oscar's attention to that Oscar identifies as coming from Book 1 of Plato's Republic?
2. What does this travel north end for Thomas?
3. Why must Thomas go to Quantness?
4. Using only the newspapers of the day, what is Oscar showing?
5. What has John Israel done?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)