|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oscar wonders how Kevin can describe his scar, what does Lily reveal?
(a) They ate dinner together last night, and watched a very bloody film.
(b) Kevin visited Oscar in the hospital.
(c) She took photographs of Oscar's scar.
(d) Lily described the scar to Kevin.
2. What does Lily advise Oscar about the play?
(a) Have someone read it who can understand it.
(b) Send it to a director and have it made into a movie.
(c) Produce a production of it on Broadway.
(d) Burn it.
3. When does the Soldier take Thomas' $20?
(a) When Thomas is not looking.
(b) When Thomas makes clear it is a free gift.
(c) When Thomas forces him to take it.
(d) When Thomas falls asleep.
4. Kiester serves notice of intent to examine Oscar in Los Angeles and demands what?
(a) Time to organize a defense team.
(b) His play.
(c) Copies of any evidence.
(d) His presence.
5. Pai suggests that if such contention continues, he will move the hearing before whom?
(a) A community magistrate.
(b) A federal magistrate.
(c) A state magistrate.
(d) A stipendiary magistrate.
6. Why is Oscar certain he did not send his script to Kiester?
(a) He has never sent his script to anyone.
(b) His name is very laughable.
(c) He has never sent it to a movie producer.
(d) Kiester is not a well-known producer.
7. Why can Oscar not start an action for infringement against the historical society?
(a) They have not used Oscar's play for profit.
(b) Until the copyright claim is registered.
(c) He had given them permission to use his play.
(d) They are a non-profit organization.
8. How does Oscar say Bagby's swindling differs from Pentagon operations?
(a) Bagby is more honest than the Pentagon.
(b) The Pentagon is trustworthy, unlike Bagby.
(c) Only in scope (thousands vs. billions of dollars).
(d) Bagby represents the Pentagon but from an earlier era.
9. Courage, Kane states, is what?
(a) Only found in those who have suffered the effects of war.
(b) A brave way to live.
(c) The wisdom to stand trial when we do not suspect it.
(d) A foolish waste of time.
10. How does Christina irritate Oscar, when talking about the scene?
(a) By calling the scene "charming."
(b) By calling the scene "spooky."
(c) By calling the scene "in need of tweaking."
(d) By calling the scene "boring."
11. The defendants are enjoined to halt exhibition until when?
(a) The plaintiff is given a monetary reward.
(b) The plaintiff gets the opportunity to see the movie.
(c) The plaintiff can receive therapy.
(d) The plaintiff is given equal credit with the producer and director.
12. Why does Oscar include natural slavery in the play?
(a) Because it is shocking.
(b) Because he believes it.
(c) Because it is believed by most people.
(d) Because the Major - not he - believes in it.
13. Lily is distraught over Billie's death and what else?
(a) Her lack of money.
(b) Oscar's cold behavior.
(c) The expense of attending his funeral.
(d) Billie's wrecked car.
14. What has John Israel done?
(a) Shot himself.
(b) Talked back to Thomas.
(c) Freed the other slaves.
(d) Run away.
15. Why are Harry and Christina Lutz waiting for Oscar?
(a) He is in a meeting.
(b) He is at the dentist's office.
(c) He is to return from physical therapy.
(d) He is at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bagby leaves, Thomas and Kane discuss what?
2. What does Pai say separates Oscar from Shakespeare?
3. Why does Oscar say his play has never been performed?
4. From whom does Christina read Oscar a letter?
5. Christina mocks the thought of making a cripple cross the country to testify and suggests what?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)