|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James B. file a suit?
(a) His pet dies in a car accident.
(b) His dog is injured in a construction accident.
(c) He is trying to coax his pet out and is bitten.
(d) He is bitten by a strange dog.
2. What does Harry advise Oscar regarding history?
(a) One should not make a play about it.
(b) It cannot be repeated.
(c) It is boring.
(d) One cannot copyright it.
3. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
(a) Little better than a distracted delivery boy.
(b) A good and trustworthy man.
(c) An intelligent and gifted lawyer.
(d) A great friend and terrific lawyer.
4. What does Christina do when Oscar hints that Harry could handle the case?
(a) She snaps that Harry is exhausted and has no free time.
(b) She is thrilled to have Harry help her brother.
(c) She silently worries about Harry's health.
(d) She says Harry is free to help.
5. Bagby says the miners fear a drop in wages if the President does what?
(a) Breaks his promise and frees the slaves.
(b) Not make sure his economic reform policy is passed.
(c) Comes to visit.
(d) Does not free the slaves.
6. About what does Oscar worry, regarding his hospital bill?
(a) When he will receive it.
(b) For what he has been billed.
(c) How much his insurance will cover.
(d) How much his insurance premium will be raised.
7. When does the Soldier take Thomas' $20?
(a) When Thomas makes clear it is a free gift.
(b) When Thomas forces him to take it.
(c) When Thomas is not looking.
(d) When Thomas falls asleep.
8. In the 1930s, the yellow press ran stories about Grandfather doing what?
(a) Becoming a lawyer and finally a judge.
(b) Hiring substitutes in both the Union and Confederate armies who ended up killing one another
(c) Running for governor.
(d) Opening a secret dive bar during the days of Prohibition.
9. Oscar maintains "when the idea is used in the context of the expression, combined with the expression, then the idea becomes part of the abuse I'm referring to," but denies what?
(a) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Revolutionary War or War of 1812.
(b) Claiming propietary interest in either the French and Indian War or the Trail of Tears.
(c) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Civil War or Revolutionary War.
(d) Claiming proprietary interest in either the Civil War or the Battle of Antietam.
10. The insurance company, once willing to settle for $500 plus hospital bills, now wants what?
(a) Oscar's claims dismissed on the basis of No Fault.
(b) Oscar's claims to be reconsidered.
(c) To settle for more than $500.
(d) To settle for only $250.
11. What does Oscar wonder about the movie's advertisement?
(a) How much the advertisements cost.
(b) If the scenes that resemble his play will be cut from the advertisments.
(c) If "based on a true story" is not an admission of guilt.
(d) If the producer is worried the movie will be a flop.
12. Kiester serves notice of intent to examine Oscar in Los Angeles and demands what?
(a) Copies of any evidence.
(b) His presence.
(c) Time to organize a defense team.
(d) His play.
13. Why is Christina upset with reporters?
(a) She is tired of answering questions and posing for pictures.
(b) She is afraid they will break into the house.
(c) They are ruining the grass in the front yard.
(d) They are hunting for signs of heavy drinking and smoking, sacrilege and family insanity.
14. Why does Basie explain the complaint must conform to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure?
(a) It will be taken too seriously.
(b) He does not want to risk not being taken seriously.
(c) Or others may laugh at it.
(d) Or risk being dismissed.
15. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
(a) She complains all the time and will not leave Oscar alone.
(b) That Oscar and Lily are now a couple, even though she is not officially divorced.
(c) Pushing Oscar to use her new divorce lawyer to file a $1.5 million injury suit.
(d) She is annoying and in the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Christina's schoolgirl friend?
2. What does Pai say about Oscar seeking substantial monetary damages?
3. What does Oscar fear about his house?
4. Thomas muses how the trees, rocks and ditches - all so casually ignored in peacetime - are what in battle?
5. Harry hopes once Szyrk is reversed, what will happen?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)