|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomas recalls viewing his opponent and himself, how does he see them?
(a) As fighting for opposite causes.
(b) As two separate worlds colliding.
(c) As together fighting death.
(d) As fighting for victory.
2. The insurance company, once willing to settle for $500 plus hospital bills, now wants what?
(a) To settle for more than $500.
(b) Oscar's claims dismissed on the basis of No Fault.
(c) Oscar's claims to be reconsidered.
(d) To settle for only $250.
3. What does the plaintiff do with the play?
(a) He frames it in his home.
(b) He destroys it.
(c) He sends it to other producers.
(d) He withdraws it from further circulation.
4. William longs to fight in the war, which Thomas says what?
(a) Is a sure victory.
(b) Will be a short war.
(c) Will end peacefully.
(d) Is already lost.
5. Why does James B. file a suit?
(a) His dog is injured in a construction accident.
(b) His pet dies in a car accident.
(c) He is bitten by a strange dog.
(d) He is trying to coax his pet out and is bitten.
6. Harry does not want to get involved with Trisha's case. What does he warn Christina?
(a) Trish may come to soley rely on her.
(b) Trish may try to drag her into the case.
(c) She may say something to Trish she does not mean.
(d) She may be called as a witness for foolishly accompanying Trish to the clinic.
7. Why does Oscar include natural slavery in the play?
(a) Because the Major - not he - believes in it.
(b) Because it is shocking.
(c) Because he believes it.
(d) Because it is believed by most people.
8. Why is Christina worried about Szyrk?
(a) Szyrk wants to buy the family home.
(b) Szyrk is stalking her.
(c) Szyrk may publicize family madness.
(d) Szyrk is trying to sue the family.
9. What does Trish gush with joy over, besides Oscar now having someone to sue so he will be set for life?
(a) Getting invited to visit Oscar.
(b) Christina landing a lawyer for a husband.
(c) Oscar's hospital room.
(d) How cute Christina's new dress is.
10. Lily's brother, Bobbie, is buying what?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A house.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A BMW.
11. How does Oscar say Bagby's swindling differs from Pentagon operations?
(a) The Pentagon is trustworthy, unlike Bagby.
(b) Only in scope (thousands vs. billions of dollars).
(c) Bagby is more honest than the Pentagon.
(d) Bagby represents the Pentagon but from an earlier era.
12. Why does Oscar say his play has never been performed?
(a) He is too afraid to show it to a producer.
(b) Broadway only wants "tits and ass."
(c) He has yet to complete it.
(d) Broadway was never big enough for him.
13. Lily is distraught over Billie's death and what else?
(a) Billie's wrecked car.
(b) The expense of attending his funeral.
(c) Oscar's cold behavior.
(d) Her lack of money.
14. Why must Thomas go to Quantness?
(a) To see his wife.
(b) To deal with his two slaves.
(c) To pay the bills.
(d) To plant cotton.
15. After a lunch break accommodating Oscar's nap, Pai apologizes to Oscar for what?
(a) Any appearance of disrespect.
(b) Asking him so many questions.
(c) Yelling at him.
(d) Not formally introducing himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many causes of action does the plaintiff claim he has sustained?
2. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
3. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
4. Using only the newspapers of the day, what is Oscar showing?
5. Basie says a newspaper report has raised hopes in Oscar's case, provided what?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)