|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Harry, why does Judge Crease give reporters the headline, "EVERY DOG ENTITLED TO ONE BITE, SAYS JUDGE?"
(a) He never said this; the reporters twisted his words.
(b) He is annoyed with the plaintiff.
(c) It's an effort to get himself disqualified from hearing any of the remaining cases.
(d) He is a very sarcastic man.
2. What calls Oscar's play's first act superfluous, the last act untargeted, and the whole play void of purpose?
(a) Broadway producers.
(b) The rejection letter.
(c) The television broadcasts.
(d) The newspapers.
3. When Christina announces someone is taking pictures on the lawn, what does Oscar demand?
(a) They go out and enjoy the free photography.
(b) She drive them away.
(c) The cameras of the photographers.
(d) She call the police.
4. When Pai asks Oscar to read several passages and state whether he recognizes them, from where does Oscar acknowledge they come?
(a) Eugene O'Neill's play, Ah Wilderness.
(b) Eugene O'Neill's dreary play, Mourning Becomes Electra.
(c) Gower Champions' musical, 42nd Street.
(d) Kaufman and Hart's play, You Can't Take It With You.
5. When Thomas recalls viewing his opponent and himself, how does he see them?
(a) As two separate worlds colliding.
(b) As fighting for opposite causes.
(c) As fighting for victory.
(d) As together fighting death.
6. William longs to fight in the war, which Thomas says what?
(a) Will be a short war.
(b) Is a sure victory.
(c) Is already lost.
(d) Will end peacefully.
7. What does Harry advise Oscar regarding history?
(a) One cannot copyright it.
(b) One should not make a play about it.
(c) It cannot be repeated.
(d) It is boring.
8. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
(a) A good and trustworthy man.
(b) A great friend and terrific lawyer.
(c) An intelligent and gifted lawyer.
(d) Little better than a distracted delivery boy.
9. Today's newspaper implicates what about the producer, Kiester?
(a) The Civil War film is his first.
(b) He is an award-winning producer.
(c) He had used Oscar's script to create his movie.
(d) He adopted deceptive practices in making his previous blockbuster, Uburubu.
10. To what does Pai direct Oscar's attention to that Oscar identifies as coming from Book 1 of Plato's Republic?
(a) The dialogue between the Major and Kane about money and how man at the point of death is troubled by things he has never before taken seriously.
(b) The dialogue between Thomas and Kane about Bagby's illegal dealings.
(c) The dialogue between the Major and Kane about Bagby and Thomas begin in cahoots.
(d) The dialogue between Mother and Thomas about his trip north to protect his late uncle's assets.
11. Why does Oscar say his play has never been performed?
(a) Broadway was never big enough for him.
(b) He is too afraid to show it to a producer.
(c) He has yet to complete it.
(d) Broadway only wants "tits and ass."
12. How many causes of action does the plaintiff claim he has sustained?
13. With what does the official transcript of Oscar's deposition open?
(a) Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai and Oscar are arguing in the hallway.
(b) Basie and Oscar and disagreeing on how to go about fighting Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai.
(c) Basie and Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai, counsel for the defendant, are in a minor disagreement.
(d) Basie and Jawaharlal Mahdar Pai, counsel for the defendants, sparring over expediting matters.
14. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
(a) It is spooky.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is brilliant.
(d) It is somewhat odd.
15. Basie finds dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice familiar, and Oscar says it is from what?
(a) Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
(b) Thomas Jefferson's autobiography.
(c) Plato's Republic.
(d) Shakespeare's Othello.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Basie explain the complaint must conform to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure?
2. Why is Christina worried about Szyrk?
3. When Oscar wonders how Kevin can describe his scar, what does Lily reveal?
4. Oscar has not seen the movie but has heard and read the hero has what, which can hardly be a coincidence?
5. Harry warns of the risk and cost of contesting what?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)