|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 17 (through page 488).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry explain as the left hand side of Oscar's story?
(a) The runaway slave, the invisible man haunting Thomas (and the entire play).
(b) Kane hounding Thomas about justice and moral rectitude leading him deeper into his dilemma, and Bagby blackmailing him for 4,000 years of Christian guilt.
(c) There is no left hand side of Oscar's story.
(d) Thomas's trip north to take care of his uncle's property.
2. Why will the state do nothing to help Oscar with his legal fees, according to Harry?
(a) Oscar is the one to have accumulated them.
(b) It is Oscar's responsibility to pay his fees.
(c) The state does not have the money to help him.
(d) The law profession is self-regulating.
3. When Oscar wonders how Kevin can describe his scar, what does Lily reveal?
(a) They ate dinner together last night, and watched a very bloody film.
(b) Kevin visited Oscar in the hospital.
(c) Lily described the scar to Kevin.
(d) She took photographs of Oscar's scar.
4. To what does Pai direct Oscar's attention to that Oscar identifies as coming from Book 1 of Plato's Republic?
(a) The dialogue between Thomas and Kane about Bagby's illegal dealings.
(b) The dialogue between the Major and Kane about money and how man at the point of death is troubled by things he has never before taken seriously.
(c) The dialogue between the Major and Kane about Bagby and Thomas begin in cahoots.
(d) The dialogue between Mother and Thomas about his trip north to protect his late uncle's assets.
5. What does Bone do next, in equal detail?
(a) Point out why the play is so brilliant.
(b) Describe the similarities between the play and the movie.
(c) Describe how different the movie is.
(d) Describe the movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
2. How does Christina irritate Oscar, when talking about the scene?
3. William longs to fight in the war, which Thomas says what?
4. What is Christina doing when Oscar and Lily find her on the phone with her vulture sisters-in-law?
5. Why is Lily spooked by the clerk's many trips to the bathroom and the sound of trickling?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)