|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 (through page 349).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Pai direct Oscar's attention to that Oscar identifies as coming from Book 1 of Plato's Republic?
(a) The dialogue between the Major and Kane about money and how man at the point of death is troubled by things he has never before taken seriously.
(b) The dialogue between Thomas and Kane about Bagby's illegal dealings.
(c) The dialogue between Mother and Thomas about his trip north to protect his late uncle's assets.
(d) The dialogue between the Major and Kane about Bagby and Thomas begin in cahoots.
2. What has John Israel done?
(a) Talked back to Thomas.
(b) Freed the other slaves.
(c) Shot himself.
(d) Run away.
3. How much is the settlement offer worth about which Christina tells Harry?
(a) Nearly $250,000.
(b) Nearly $2,000,000.
(c) Nearly $150,000.
(d) Nearly $100,000.
4. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
(a) To annoy Kiester.
(b) To waste time.
(c) To prove the ad campaign is a last-minute attempt to poison the atmosphere over Szyrk.
(d) To prove that the movie is based on his play.
5. In a complaint filed with U.S. District Court, SD, New York, September 30, 1990, Oscar L. Crease, Plaintiff vs. Erebus Entertainment, Inc., Ben B. F. Leva, Constantine Kiester a/k/a Jonathan Livingston (Siegal), and others, Defendants, alleges on or about July 1, 1977, plaintiff submits an original play entitled "Once at Antietam" to Kiester, then a television producer; Kiester returns said play with a note, saying what?
(a) It is spooky.
(b) It is unsuitable for television.
(c) It is a beautiful play, but he is not interested.
(d) He wants to use it as inspiration for movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christina respond when Harry cites the 1983 Carson v. Here's Johnny Portable Toilets?
2. What does Thomas' mother refuse to leave?
3. In Scene 2 of the play,Thomas approaches a limping Soldier wearing a worn Union uniform. Called back to active duty, the Soldier seeks to sell four months' worth of future pay for what?
4. How many causes of action does the plaintiff claim he has sustained?
5. Why does Mother resent Thomas' marriage to Giulielma?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)