|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 (through page 349).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forces Thomas to go north to prevent the Union government from seizing everything?
(a) His uncle's death.
(b) His dying sister.
(c) His ill wife.
(d) His mother's death.
2. In the morning, how does Christina find Oscar?
(a) Dressed in one of Father's suits and smoking for the first time in 20 years.
(b) Asleep on the couch.
(c) In his pajamas, as usual.
(d) In a tuxedo.
3. Of what does Thomas accuse his mother?
(a) Being too harsh on John Israel.
(b) Cherishing injustice and refusing to relinquish the past.
(c) Not being kind enough to all the slaves.
(d) Cherishing justice and easily relinquishing the past.
4. What does Basie try to show Oscar about artists?
(a) They should never be trusted.
(b) They often steal ideas from others.
(c) They can often forget from what they are inspired.
(d) They can innocently use things without outright stealing them.
5. When Harry calls Oscar, what advice does he give him?
(a) Call him if he needs anything.
(b) Tell the lawyers and judges everything.
(c) Relax, tell the truth, and not volunteer.
(d) Give all the information he can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christina believe Trish could hardly seek an abortion in the hospital?
2. Who is Thomas?
3. What has John Israel done?
4. In the next scene, Thomas intends to ignore what?
5. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)