|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 (through page 235).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
(a) To annoy Kiester.
(b) To prove the ad campaign is a last-minute attempt to poison the atmosphere over Szyrk.
(c) To waste time.
(d) To prove that the movie is based on his play.
2. What has happened to Oscar?
(a) His meeting is running late.
(b) He needed a root canal.
(c) He had to work late at work.
(d) He has been run over by a car.
3. How does Oscar reply when Basie interrupts to ask how Israel fits into his play?
(a) His running away is a catalyst for other events.
(b) He is proof that others may free themselves from bondage.
(c) He is an essential character and member of the family, even though he is a slave.
(d) He does not; he is only a means of showing how, in those days, an educated black man was suspended between worlds.
4. The insurance company, once willing to settle for $500 plus hospital bills, now wants what?
(a) To settle for more than $500.
(b) To settle for only $250.
(c) Oscar's claims to be reconsidered.
(d) Oscar's claims dismissed on the basis of No Fault.
5. Harry and Christina lie naked amidst what?
(a) Piles of dirty laundry.
(b) Empty wine bottles.
(c) Piles of newspapers.
(d) The sheets on their bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Christina worried about Szyrk?
2. Why can Lily not marry Oscar yet?
3. When Oscar wonders how Kevin can describe his scar, what does Lily reveal?
4. How do Harry and Christina find Oscar trapped?
5. In more responsive hands, observes the Times, the characters of the movie might have reflected what?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)