|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (through page 128).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Basie says a newspaper report has raised hopes in Oscar's case, provided what?
(a) Oscar can find Kiester's rejection letter.
(b) Oscar pays him a large sum before the hearings begin.
(c) Oscar files suit.
(d) Oscar trusts him.
2. What does Basie try to show Oscar about artists?
(a) They often steal ideas from others.
(b) They should never be trusted.
(c) They can innocently use things without outright stealing them.
(d) They can often forget from what they are inspired.
3. What does this travel north end for Thomas?
(a) His life.
(b) His desire to return to the south.
(c) His relationship with his family.
(d) His dream of a life in public office.
4. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
(a) A great friend and terrific lawyer.
(b) Little better than a distracted delivery boy.
(c) An intelligent and gifted lawyer.
(d) A good and trustworthy man.
5. What calls Oscar's play's first act superfluous, the last act untargeted, and the whole play void of purpose?
(a) The television broadcasts.
(b) The rejection letter.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) Broadway producers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Lily not marry Oscar yet?
2. Who is Thomas?
3. Basie doubts Oscar has a case, but leaves doing what?
4. Christina and Harry go to Room 612B and find Oscar upset. Over what is he upset?
5. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)