|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (through page 128).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play's prologue, Mother asks about what, regarding Thomas?
(a) His training.
(b) His wound and heroism.
(c) His wife.
(d) His education.
2. Why must Thomas go to Quantness?
(a) To pay the bills.
(b) To deal with his two slaves.
(c) To plant cotton.
(d) To see his wife.
3. Basie remarks on the house's value. How does Oscar reply?
(a) The home has been in his family for generations.
(b) The house is very old and large.
(c) The house is really not worth much.
(d) Privacy is valuable in an era of tract homes.
4. Of what does Harry warn Oscar?
(a) He will not be able to help him.
(b) The media are looking for signs of family madness to get even with Father over Szyrk.
(c) He will get nowhere by suing the director of the Civil War movie.
(d) It will cost him thousands to have two law suits taking place.
5. In the 1930s, the yellow press ran stories about Grandfather doing what?
(a) Hiring substitutes in both the Union and Confederate armies who ended up killing one another
(b) Running for governor.
(c) Opening a secret dive bar during the days of Prohibition.
(d) Becoming a lawyer and finally a judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Basie doubts Oscar has a case, but leaves doing what?
2. Who is Christina's schoolgirl friend?
3. What does Lily declare about Oscar's play so far?
4. What does Thomas' mother refuse to leave?
5. Why can Lily not marry Oscar yet?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)