|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (through page 74).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has John Israel done?
(a) Talked back to Thomas.
(b) Run away.
(c) Shot himself.
(d) Freed the other slaves.
2. Why does Mother resent Thomas' marriage to Giulielma?
(a) He married her out of spite.
(b) He married her for her money.
(c) He married her to escape his family.
(d) He married her to control the plantation.
3. In more responsive hands, observes the Times, the characters of the movie might have reflected what?
(a) The deeper opposing dualities of man's nature.
(b) The seriousness of war.
(c) The relationships between people.
(d) The characters of Oscar's play.
4. Of what does Thomas accuse his mother?
(a) Being too harsh on John Israel.
(b) Cherishing justice and easily relinquishing the past.
(c) Cherishing injustice and refusing to relinquish the past.
(d) Not being kind enough to all the slaves.
5. In the play's prologue, Mother asks about what, regarding Thomas?
(a) His education.
(b) His training.
(c) His wife.
(d) His wound and heroism.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Oscar worry, regarding his hospital bill?
2. Why must Thomas go to Quantness?
3. How does Mother reply when Thomas asks what she wants?
4. What does Thomas' mother refuse to leave?
5. Christina and Harry go to Room 612B and find Oscar upset. Over what is he upset?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)