|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15 (through page 430).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Soldier take Thomas' $20?
(a) When Thomas forces him to take it.
(b) When Thomas makes clear it is a free gift.
(c) When Thomas falls asleep.
(d) When Thomas is not looking.
2. Oscar is not sure he will walk again and has been assured by Kevin, Lily's lawyer; his scar is what?
(a) A permanent disfigurement ruining his earning capacity as a lecturer about Civil War battles.
(b) A minor problem and will fade with time.
(c) Only a nuisance.
(d) In need of many surgeries to be repaired.
3. What does Christina say when Oscar says he needs a secretary?
(a) She dismisses his plans to hire a secretary, suggesting he needs only a wastebasket and a housekeeper.
(b) She calls Lily to see if she could help Oscar.
(c) She hires Ilse as his secretary.
(d) She sends her personal secretary to help Oscar.
4. When might Oscar's conflict with Father, since he saw the movie, blow over?
(a) Once Father realizes the movie is based on Oscar's play.
(b) Once Oscar loses the lawsuit, proving the play is not worth stealing.
(c) Once Oscar's play is on Broadway.
(d) Once Father realizes how good the movie was.
5. What does Oscar do when the battery in his wheelchair dies?
(a) He cries.
(b) He begins walking.
(c) He sits and complains.
(d) He buys a new one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar secretly have?
2. Why does Basie interrupt by admitting Oscar's lawsuit could be a landmark if they win?
3. When Oscar admits at least one instance of two substitutes fighting and killing one another exists, how does Pai respond?
4. When Christina announces someone is taking pictures on the lawn, what does Oscar demand?
5. When Pai asks Oscar to read several passages and state whether he recognizes them, from where does Oscar acknowledge they come?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)