|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15 (through page 430).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thomas?
(a) He is the director of the Civil War movie.
(b) He is the hero and a born aristocrat in his thirties, dressed in a rumbled field uniform, bearing a battle scar that is evident but not disfiguring.
(c) He is the Crease's next door neighbor.
(d) He is a figment of Oscar's imagination.
2. What does Oscar say about Jerry's ideas, regarding the story?
(a) This is too spooky.
(b) I do not like this at all.
(c) This is not deep enough.
(d) This goes too far.
3. In the 1930s, the yellow press ran stories about Grandfather doing what?
(a) Hiring substitutes in both the Union and Confederate armies who ended up killing one another
(b) Running for governor.
(c) Opening a secret dive bar during the days of Prohibition.
(d) Becoming a lawyer and finally a judge.
4. How does Oscar reply when Basie interrupts to ask how Israel fits into his play?
(a) He is an essential character and member of the family, even though he is a slave.
(b) He does not; he is only a means of showing how, in those days, an educated black man was suspended between worlds.
(c) He is proof that others may free themselves from bondage.
(d) His running away is a catalyst for other events.
5. Why can Oscar not start an action for infringement against the historical society?
(a) They are a non-profit organization.
(b) Until the copyright claim is registered.
(c) He had given them permission to use his play.
(d) They have not used Oscar's play for profit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Christina announces someone is taking pictures on the lawn, what does Oscar demand?
2. What does Bunker say is Trish's duty?
3. What has John Israel done?
4. How does Trish receive diamonds?
5. How does Oscar respond when Christina mocks him about finding a producer?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)