|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 14 (through page 405).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
(a) She is standing behind him.
(b) Her hairdo is not very different.
(c) He is engrossed in a cartoon.
(d) He is asleep.
2. Without insurance, what can Lily not do?
(a) Go to the dentist.
(b) Have her eyes examined.
(c) Buy a new car.
(d) See a doctor.
3. What does Lily tell Oscar have been dashed?
(a) Her new job opportunities.
(b) Her hopes of reconciling with her Daddy and receiving money.
(c) Her hopes of marrying him.
(d) Her chance of going back to school.
4. Why does Oscar insist Christina come see the television?
(a) There are many funny commercials to watch.
(b) There's a mob carrying placards that say, "KEEP GOD IN AMERICA, MURDERER."
(c) His father is speaking to the camera.
(d) Spot the dog is being interviewed on the nightly news.
5. In the 1930s, the yellow press ran stories about Grandfather doing what?
(a) Hiring substitutes in both the Union and Confederate armies who ended up killing one another
(b) Running for governor.
(c) Becoming a lawyer and finally a judge.
(d) Opening a secret dive bar during the days of Prohibition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Basie remarks on the house's value. How does Oscar reply?
2. What calls Oscar's play's first act superfluous, the last act untargeted, and the whole play void of purpose?
3. A copy of District Judge Crease's Instructions to the Jury in the case of Fickert v. Ude arrives in the mail. What are jurors told to do?
4. How does Christina feel about living with Oscar?
5. Basie finds dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice familiar, and Oscar says it is from what?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)