|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 14 (through page 405).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Basie says a newspaper report has raised hopes in Oscar's case, provided what?
(a) Oscar can find Kiester's rejection letter.
(b) Oscar files suit.
(c) Oscar pays him a large sum before the hearings begin.
(d) Oscar trusts him.
2. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
(a) She is standing behind him.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is engrossed in a cartoon.
(d) Her hairdo is not very different.
3. What does Christina say should have been an early sign Oscar would never please Father?
(a) When Father said Christina was his favorite child.
(b) When he gets in trouble with Father for stripping the bark from a birch tree to build a canoe.
(c) When is first ran away from home as a child.
(d) When he gets in trouble with Father for not keeping his room clean.
4. Without insurance, what can Lily not do?
(a) Buy a new car.
(b) See a doctor.
(c) Go to the dentist.
(d) Have her eyes examined.
5. What does Lily tell Oscar have been dashed?
(a) Her hopes of reconciling with her Daddy and receiving money.
(b) Her new job opportunities.
(c) Her hopes of marrying him.
(d) Her chance of going back to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oscar insist Christina come see the television?
2. What does Oscar secretly have?
3. Basie doubts Oscar has a case, but leaves doing what?
4. When does Jonathan Livingston change his name to Constantine Kiester?
5. A copy of District Judge Crease's Instructions to the Jury in the case of Fickert v. Ude arrives in the mail. What are jurors told to do?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)