|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 14 (through page 405).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lily is distraught over Billie's death and what else?
(a) Her lack of money.
(b) Oscar's cold behavior.
(c) Billie's wrecked car.
(d) The expense of attending his funeral.
2. In the 1930s, the yellow press ran stories about Grandfather doing what?
(a) Becoming a lawyer and finally a judge.
(b) Running for governor.
(c) Hiring substitutes in both the Union and Confederate armies who ended up killing one another
(d) Opening a secret dive bar during the days of Prohibition.
3. What calls Oscar's play's first act superfluous, the last act untargeted, and the whole play void of purpose?
(a) The rejection letter.
(b) Broadway producers.
(c) The television broadcasts.
(d) The newspapers.
4. Who is the "Murderer" being burnt in effigy?
5. What does Lily tell Oscar have been dashed?
(a) Her hopes of reconciling with her Daddy and receiving money.
(b) Her new job opportunities.
(c) Her chance of going back to school.
(d) Her hopes of marrying him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Without insurance, what can Lily not do?
2. What does J. Harret Ruth share with Senator Orney Bilk?
3. A copy of District Judge Crease's Instructions to the Jury in the case of Fickert v. Ude arrives in the mail. What are jurors told to do?
4. Basie finds dialogue between Kane and Thomas about justice familiar, and Oscar says it is from what?
5. When might Oscar's conflict with Father, since he saw the movie, blow over?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)