|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, who points out that the two factions now have no choice but to concentrate on joint survival?
2. Some of the Qeng Ho people are reportedly being held hostage above a ship called what in Chapter Ten?
3. Ezr learns in Chapter Ten that the pain he'd felt was a virus given to many of the Qeng Ho, designed to do what?
4. What member of the crew reports seeing missiles targeting the Qeng Ho flagship, and then reports that the ship is gone in Chapter Seven?
5. In Chapter Fourteen, who is driving with Unnerby and Sherkaner as passengers in the vehicle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the term "focused" mean in the context of the book?
2. What took place on the Far Treasure during the attack by the Emergents? What did Jimmy find?
3. How do the Emergents differ from the Qeng Ho in their exploration of other planets?
4. How is the university described in Chapter Fifteen?
5. Who is Pham Trilini? How is he described in the first chapters of the book?
6. What is cycling in relation to Spider reproduction?
7. Whose voice did Ezr hear just before the explosion of the Far Treasure? What does he consider about what was said?
8. Who is Thomas Nau and how did he come to his position in the mission?
9. How is Ezr injured during the attack in Chapter Seven?
10. How is Arachna described in the book? What periods of time are in darkness there and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Floria Peres and the information revealed in Chapter Twenty-One. How does Qiwi know Floria?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and analyze the conflicts between the Qeng Ho and the Emergents in Chapter Twenty. What information does Pham give up regarding Qeng Ho technology?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the characters of Ezr Vinh and Qiwi Lisolet. How old are the characters? How do they know one another?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)