|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Robert and his father do together?
2. What does Robert imagine Pinky says to him?
3. What day is it when Robert finally gets out of bed?
4. What is one thing Robert and his father do not talk about while they work on the piglet's home?
5. What meal does Robert's mother bring to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Papa show his tenderness for Robert?
2. What is Papa's position on every man completing his mission in life?
3. Describe the dramatic reaction to Robert's grade card.
4. What is the metaphor Robert sees in the dust trail left by a wagon?
5. How is Papa's sense of humor revealed in Chapter 3?
6. What does Robert encounter when he wanders after leaving school?
7. What event in town is Robert prohibited from attending due to Shaker law?
8. What situation of foreshadowing occurs in Chapter 7?
9. Describe how Robert appreciates the beauty of nature in Chapter 7.
10. Describe Robert's appreciation for his simple meal of succotash and milk.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Robert is denied the opportunity to watch Abner Doubleday, the reputed father of baseball, his exclusion from the outside world becomes very clear. Explain why Robert is denied the chance to go to the game. Why is the game counter to what Papa thinks is good for Robert?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Mama and Aunt Mattie. How are they different? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
Develop a character profile on Robert. What are his physical characteristics? What are his personality traits? What is important to him?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)