|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert imagine Pinky says to him?
2. What does Pinky prefer to drink?
3. What is the remedy for Robert's bad grade?
4. What does Robert help his father do on this day?
5. What does Pinky eat while in the countryside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Papa's position on every man completing his mission in life?
2. In what ways does Papa show his tenderness for Robert?
3. What event in town is Robert prohibited from attending due to Shaker law?
4. Why is Robert not in school on the day of his adventure with the cow?
5. How is Papa's sense of humor revealed in Chapter 3?
6. What is different about Robert's clothes?
7. What is the metaphor Robert sees in the dust trail left by a wagon?
8. What does Robert mean by saying that Pinky is no "frill?"
9. What situation of foreshadowing occurs in Chapter 7?
10. Describe the scenario of Robert and Pinky wandering in the countryside after church.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robert begins to show signs of maturity as the story evolves. Cite at least three examples that show that Robert is growing up and note why you selected the examples.
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character profile on Robert. What are his physical characteristics? What are his personality traits? What is important to him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Papa's evolving relationship with Robert. How does he gently guide him into becoming a man and being able to take over the farm?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)