|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert's father's name?
2. What does Pinky eat while in the countryside?
3. What was the profession of the relative mentioned in #66?
(a) English teacher
(b) Store owner
4. What does Robert name his new piglet?
5. What do Robert and his father do together?
(a) Watch the sunset
(b) Milk the cows
(c) Sing a song
(d) Read the Bible
6. What are Papa's plans for Robert on this day?
(a) School work
(b) A picnic
(c) Help with farm work
(d) Church services
7. What is the name of the family's cat?
(a) Miss Susie
(b) Miss Fortune
(c) Susie Q
(d) Miss Sarah
8. What does Robert do when he hears the bird kill its prey?
(a) Shoots it
(b) Throws rocks at it
(c) Chases it
(d) Shoots an arrow at it
9. How does Robert describe his vision?
(a) Completely gone
(b) As if he were in a fog
(c) Technicolor vision
(d) All black and white
10. What does Robert hear after he leaves school and wanders the countryside?
(a) A girl singing
(b) A train
(c) Birds singing
(d) An anguished noise
11. What bites Pinky on the nose?
(a) A crawdad
(b) A dog
(c) A spider
(d) A wolf
12. How does Robert finally get the cow to deliver the calf?
(a) Pounds her
(b) Beats her with a stick
(c) Jumps on her
(d) Gets her to the vet
13. From where is the noise coming?
(a) A noon train
(b) A cow having trouble delivering a calf
(c) A meadow
(d) A neighbor girl
14. What is one thing Robert and his father do not talk about while they work on the piglet's home?
(a) The beauty of their lives
(b) The bounty of the land
(c) Each person is born to do a mission
(d) The next birthday party
15. What does Pinky prefer to drink?
(a) Lukewarm tea
(c) Cold water
(d) Rain water
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert have in his pocket when he comes home?
2. What is the name of the ox that pulls the family's wagon?
3. What is the remedy for Robert's bad grade?
4. What day is it when Chapter 6 begins?
5. Where must the piglet's pen be built?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)