|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family go at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The fair
(c) A Fourth of July celebration
2. What "frill" does Robert wish he could take part in on this day?
(a) Setting off fireworks
(b) Making ice cream
(c) Going to a dance
(d) Watching a baseball game in town
3. How does Robert finally get the cow to deliver the calf?
(a) Pounds her
(b) Gets her to the vet
(c) Jumps on her
(d) Beats her with a stick
4. What religion does Robert's family belong to?
5. What is Robert's mother's name?
6. Birds and animals create fences by their song or _______________.
(a) Territory marking
7. What are Papa's plans for Robert on this day?
(a) School work
(b) Church services
(c) A picnic
(d) Help with farm work
8. What does Robert help his father do on this day?
(a) Harvest corn
(b) Milk the cows
(c) Mend a fence
(d) Pick apples
9. What does a trail of dust left by a wagon remind Robert of?
(d) A snake
10. What bites Pinky on the nose?
(a) A dog
(b) A crawdad
(c) A wolf
(d) A spider
11. What does Robert know about his father?
(a) He is left-handed
(b) He was adopted
(c) He is illiterate
(d) He is color blind
12. What does Robert contemplate feeding Pinky?
13. What is the name of the cow that Robert finds?
14. What does Robert imagine Pinky says to him?
(c) Thank you
(d) I love you
15. According to Papa, what do fences do?
(a) Protect privacy
(b) Create safe boundaries
(c) Keep undesirables out
(d) Stop land erosion
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do later in the day?
2. What had a classmate teased Robert about earlier in the day?
3. What does Robert build to play with in the water of a stream?
4. Where should Robert have been as Chapter 1 opens?
5. Who stitches Robert's wounds?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)