1. Where should Robert have been as Chapter 1 opens?
2. With what animal does Robert have an encounter?
3. What had a classmate teased Robert about earlier in the day?
His plain clothes
4. What religion does Robert's family belong to?
5. What does Robert hear after he leaves school and wanders the countryside?
An anguished noise
6. From where is the noise coming?
A cow having trouble delivering a calf
7. What is the name of the cow that Robert finds?
8. What does Robert use to try to extract the calf from the cow?
9. How does Robert finally get the cow to deliver the calf?
Beats her with a stick
This section contains 3,666 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)