1. Where should Robert have been as Chapter 1 opens?
2. With what animal does Robert have an encounter?
3. What had a classmate teased Robert about earlier in the day?
(a) His nose
(b) His plain clothes
(c) His bad haircut
(d) His sister
4. What religion does Robert's family belong to?
5. What does Robert hear after he leaves school and wanders the countryside?
(a) A girl singing
(b) A train
(c) An anguished noise
(d) Birds singing
6. From where is the noise coming?
(a) A neighbor girl
(b) A meadow
(c) A cow having trouble delivering a calf
(d) A noon train
7. What is the name of the cow that Robert finds?
8. What does Robert use to try to extract the calf from the cow?
(a) A rope
(b) A chain
(c) His pants
(d) His shirt
9. How does Robert finally get the cow to deliver the calf?
(a) Jumps on her
(b) Gets her to the vet
(c) Pounds her
(d) Beats her with a stick
This section contains 3,666 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)