Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Widmerpool worried about in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Who owns the building Ralph lives in?
3. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
4. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
5. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Kenneth Widmerpool. What are his defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does he face throughout the novel? What does the reader learn about his background and family life? What is his reputation? How is he treated by others?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of marriage and divorce in the first volume of "A Dance to the Music of Time". Who marries in the novels? Who divorces or separates in the novels? Why? What does Jenkins think of marriage and divorce?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of friendship in the first volume of "A Dance to the Music of Time". Who is Jenkins friends with in his youth? What ups and downs do their relationships encounter over the years? Does he remain close to his friends from school? Who are his friends as an adult?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)