Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Widmerpool worried about in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Who owns the building Ralph lives in?
3. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
4. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
5. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Jenkins and Jean. What ups and downs do they experience during their relationship? Are they well-suited for one another? Why or why not? What keeps them apart throughout the novel? What do they feel about adultery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel. How important is the setting to novel? What if the novel had been set in a different place and time? In your opinion, would the choices and attitudes of the main characters be different? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Powell's inspirations for the first volume of "A Dance to the Music of Time". Who are some of the real figures whom the characters are based on? What personality traits do they share? What piece of art is the work as a whole inspired from? What themes do they share?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)