Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Widmerpool worried about in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Who owns the building Ralph lives in?
3. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
4. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
5. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the conclusion of the first volume of "A Dance to the Music of Time". What happens at the end of the third novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Why might Powell have chosen to end each of the three novels when he did?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Powell's inspirations for the first volume of "A Dance to the Music of Time". Who are some of the real figures whom the characters are based on? What personality traits do they share? What piece of art is the work as a whole inspired from? What themes do they share?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of the occult in the first volume of "A Dance to the Music of Time". What does Jenkins think of the games and tricks associated with the occult in "The Acceptance World"? Who is Mrs. Erdleigh and what does she predict? Do her predictions come true? What is a Planchette board? What messages does it give the group?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)