|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Seeing a doctor.
(b) At a party.
(c) Having dinner with his father.
(d) With a girl.
2. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
3. What does Le Bas find which gets Templer kicked out of school in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A bottle of gin.
(b) A tobacco pouch.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A plagiarized exam paper.
4. Who is Parkinson?
(a) The housemaster.
(b) The headmaster.
(c) The director of games.
(d) The groundkeeper.
5. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A death.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) A girl.
(d) An accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
2. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
3. What is La Grenadiere?
4. What food do Stringham and Jenkins prepare for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What do the boys see one day as they walk past the police station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
2. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
3. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
4. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
5. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
6. Who is Sunderland "Sunny" Farebrother?
7. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
8. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
9. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
10. Why does Jenkins ask his uncle Giles to put out his cigarette?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)