|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is La Grenadiere?
(a) A resort.
(b) An island.
(c) A ship.
(d) A hotel.
2. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
(a) He is the advisor to the student council.
(b) He is a junior dean.
(c) He is an informal counsellor.
(d) He is a party planner.
3. What is Templer's first name?
4. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
5. What is Jenkins looking at at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A fire.
(b) A painting.
(c) The sunset.
(d) A photo album.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
4. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
5. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
2. Who is Sillers?
3. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
4. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
5. What does Templer admit when he returns late to the boarding house from London?
6. Who does Jenkins find attractive at the dance in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"? What does Sunny question Jenkins about on the train?
7. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
8. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
9. How does Jenkins describe Widmerpool?
10. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)