|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His father's military career.
(b) His family genealogy.
(c) His travels.
(d) His love life.
2. How does Jenkins describe Templer's personality?
(a) As soothing.
(b) As raunchy.
(c) As aggressive.
(d) As earthy.
3. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
4. What is Templer's first name?
5. Where does Widmerpool say Templer's family gets their fortune from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
2. Why is Widmerpool at La Grenadiere?
3. What do Stringham and Jenkins borrow to prepare a meal in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jenkins describe the difference between Templer and Stringham?
2. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories of school?
3. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
4. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
5. What do the students mean when they refer to items of clothing as a "Widmerpool"?
6. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
7. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
8. Why is Jenkins annoyed by Giles in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
9. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
10. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)