|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His father's recent death.
(b) His failing grades.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) His weight.
2. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His father's military career.
(b) His love life.
(c) His travels.
(d) His family genealogy.
3. Who is Le Bas?
(a) Jenkin's roommate.
(b) The housemaster.
(c) The student advisor.
(d) The groundskeeper.
4. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
(a) Her red hair.
(b) Her sun hat.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her laugh.
5. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Having dinner with his father.
(b) At a party.
(c) Seeing a doctor.
(d) With a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stringham and Jenkins borrow to prepare a meal in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. After leaving Le Bas in the countryside, where does Stringham ask that the boys stop?
3. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
4. What does Giles do while visiting the dormitory which could get Jenkins in trouble?
5. Why does Templer leave his evening with Jenkins early in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
2. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
3. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. In Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing", what does Jenkins do in order to impress a young woman? What goes wrong?
5. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
6. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
7. Who is Sunderland "Sunny" Farebrother?
8. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
9. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories of school?
10. How does Jenkins describe the difference between Templer and Stringham?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)