|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys see one day as they walk past the police station?
(a) A lost dog.
(b) A fist fight.
(c) A wanted poster.
(d) A drunk in handcuffs.
2. What does Jenkins think is a part of Farebrother's persona?
(a) His long anecdotes.
(b) His threadbare suits.
(c) His forgetfulness.
(d) His colorful vocabulary.
3. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories?
(a) The influence his parents had on him.
(b) The mistakes he made.
(c) The associations between seemingly unconnected people.
(d) The reason he ended up where he has.
4. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
5. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His failing grades.
(b) His weight.
(c) His father's recent death.
(d) His financial situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
3. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. What is La Grenadiere?
5. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing", what does Jenkins do in order to impress a young woman? What goes wrong?
2. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
3. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
4. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
5. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
6. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
7. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
8. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories of school?
9. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
10. How does Jenkins describe Widmerpool?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)