|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giles ask Jenkins to do in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Meet him for dinner.
(b) Consider transferring to another school.
(c) Lend him some money.
(d) Contact his father on Giles' behalf.
2. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) About forty.
(b) About seventy.
(c) About sixty.
(d) About fifty.
3. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
4. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His father's military career.
(b) His love life.
(c) His travels.
(d) His family genealogy.
5. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
3. Why is Widmerpool at La Grenadiere?
4. What does Le Bas find which gets Templer kicked out of school in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jenkins annoyed by Giles in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
3. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
4. How does Jenkins describe the difference between Templer and Stringham?
5. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
6. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
7. What does Templer admit when he returns late to the boarding house from London?
8. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
9. How does Jenkins describe Widmerpool?
10. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)