|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
(a) He is bored by her.
(b) He is attracted to her.
(c) He is irritated by her.
(d) He is intimidated by her.
2. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(c) Le Bas.
4. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Having dinner with his father.
(b) With a girl.
(c) At a party.
(d) Seeing a doctor.
5. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Le Bas in the countryside, where does Stringham ask that the boys stop?
2. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
3. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
4. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sillers?
2. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
3. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
4. In Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing", what does Jenkins do in order to impress a young woman? What goes wrong?
5. What does Templer admit when he returns late to the boarding house from London?
6. Who is Sunderland "Sunny" Farebrother?
7. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
8. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
9. Who does Jenkins find attractive at the dance in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"? What does Sunny question Jenkins about on the train?
10. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)