|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Memories of summer camp.
(b) Memories of the war.
(c) Memories of his family.
(d) Memories of school.
2. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
(a) As generous.
(b) As beautiful.
(c) As strict.
(d) As old.
3. What does Jenkins think is a part of Farebrother's persona?
(a) His forgetfulness.
(b) His long anecdotes.
(c) His threadbare suits.
(d) His colorful vocabulary.
4. After leaving Le Bas in the countryside, where does Stringham ask that the boys stop?
(a) The post office.
(b) A tea room.
(c) The police station.
(d) A tobacco shop.
5. What is Templer's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
2. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. Where is Stringham's mother from?
4. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
5. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jenkins ask his uncle Giles to put out his cigarette?
2. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
4. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories of school?
5. How does Jenkins describe the difference between Templer and Stringham?
6. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
7. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
8. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
9. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
10. Why is Jenkins annoyed by Giles in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)