|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
2. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
3. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A speech.
(b) A song.
(c) A poem.
(d) A dance.
4. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
5. What does Giles ask Jenkins to do in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Consider transferring to another school.
(b) Lend him some money.
(c) Meet him for dinner.
(d) Contact his father on Giles' behalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
3. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
4. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
2. In Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing", what does Jenkins do in order to impress a young woman? What goes wrong?
3. Why is Jenkins annoyed by Giles in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. Who does Jenkins find attractive at the dance in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"? What does Sunny question Jenkins about on the train?
5. What do the students mean when they refer to items of clothing as a "Widmerpool"?
6. Who is Sillers?
7. Why does Jenkins ask his uncle Giles to put out his cigarette?
8. Who is Sunderland "Sunny" Farebrother?
9. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories of school?
10. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)