|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
2. What is Templer's first name?
3. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
4. What does Giles do while visiting the dormitory which could get Jenkins in trouble?
(a) Lights a cigarette.
(b) Brings in alcohol.
(c) Plays loud music.
(d) Rearranges the furniture.
5. Where does Widmerpool say Templer's family gets their fortune from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
2. Where is Stringham's mother from?
3. What state is Jenkins in when he arrives at La Grenadiere?
4. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4 of "An Acceptable World", what do Jean and Jenkins talk about in relation to their early meetings, and what does Jenkins note about Jean as a mother?
2. How does Templer make Mona cry in Chapter 3 of "An Acceptance World"?
3. What does Members tell Jenkins about Quiggin in regards to Clarke in Chapter 4 of "An Acceptance World"?
4. In Jenkins' eyes, what makes Eleanor different from the other society girls?
5. Who does Jenkins encounter as he is leaving the party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
6. What do the students mean when they refer to items of clothing as a "Widmerpool"?
7. What information is revealed after Jenkins makes a derogatory remark about Stripling?
8. After Mona leaves Templer, who does she begin a relationship with?
9. What happens on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" which confuses Jenkins?
10. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)