|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stringham's mother from?
(c) South Africa.
2. What state is Jenkins in when he arrives at La Grenadiere?
(a) He is homesick.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is ill.
3. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
(a) Giles is Jenkins' brother.
(b) Giles is Jenkins' godfather.
(c) Giles is Jenkins' cousin.
(d) Giles is Jenkins' uncle.
4. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
5. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A speech.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
4. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
5. Who is Jenkins' hostess at La Grenadiere?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news do Templer and Jenkins share regarding marriages in Chapter 2 of "An Acceptance World"?
2. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
3. What completely shocks Jenkins in Chapter 4 of "An Acceptance World"?
4. What does Barbara do to embarrass herself and Windmerpool at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. After Mona leaves Templer, who does she begin a relationship with?
6. After meeting Barbara Goring, what does Jenkins worry about?
7. Who is Ralph Barnby?
8. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
9. After the sugar incident, what does Jenkins realize about Barbara?
10. How does Templer make Mona cry in Chapter 3 of "An Acceptance World"?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)