|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
(d) Le Bas.
2. What state is Jenkins in when he arrives at La Grenadiere?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is homesick.
(d) He is nervous.
3. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
(a) Their car loses a tire.
(b) Their car gets stuck in a ditch.
(c) Their car is hit by another car.
(d) Their car hits a tree.
4. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A speech.
(b) A poem.
(c) A dance.
(d) A song.
5. Where does Jenkins head in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
4. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
5. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
2. What does Templer admit when he returns late to the boarding house from London?
3. How does Jenkins describe the difference between Templer and Stringham?
4. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
5. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
6. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
7. How does Jenkins describe Widmerpool?
8. Why is Jenkins annoyed by Giles in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
9. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
10. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)