|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
(a) A bread crisis.
(b) A potato crisis.
(c) A jam crisis.
(d) A meat crisis.
2. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
(a) Conan Doyle.
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(d) Charles Dickens.
3. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
(a) Giles is Jenkins' cousin.
(b) Giles is Jenkins' brother.
(c) Giles is Jenkins' uncle.
(d) Giles is Jenkins' godfather.
4. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) An accident.
(c) A death.
(d) A girl.
5. What does Jenkins think is a part of Farebrother's persona?
(a) His threadbare suits.
(b) His colorful vocabulary.
(c) His long anecdotes.
(d) His forgetfulness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
4. Why is Widmerpool at La Grenadiere?
5. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is revealed after Jenkins makes a derogatory remark about Stripling?
2. Who does Jenkins encounter as he is leaving the party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
4. What does Jenkins find out about Eleanor when he runs into her father in Chapter 4 of "An Acceptance World"? What does he find out from Sillers?
5. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories of school?
6. In Jenkins' eyes, what makes Eleanor different from the other society girls?
7. Who is Sunderland "Sunny" Farebrother?
8. In Chapter 5 of "An Acceptable World" who holds a reunion and what ends the event? What does Jean tell Jenkins when he returns from the event?
9. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
10. What does Thompsitt ask Jenkins as they leave the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does Jenkins think Thompsitt has realized?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)