|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
(a) A football match.
(b) A woman.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) An investment.
2. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
(a) He is intimidated by her.
(b) He is irritated by her.
(c) He is attracted to her.
(d) He is bored by her.
3. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Seeing a doctor.
(b) With a girl.
(c) Having dinner with his father.
(d) At a party.
4. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
5. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Le Bas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about on the train in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What is La Grenadiere?
3. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. Who is Parkinson?
5. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
2. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
3. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
4. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
5. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
6. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
7. What does Templer admit when he returns late to the boarding house from London?
8. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
9. In Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing", what does Jenkins do in order to impress a young woman? What goes wrong?
10. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)