|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Memories of the war.
(b) Memories of school.
(c) Memories of summer camp.
(d) Memories of his family.
3. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(b) Conan Doyle.
(c) Charles Dickens.
4. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
5. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) A girl.
(c) A death.
(d) An accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
2. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
3. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
4. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
5. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jenkins describe the difference between Templer and Stringham?
2. Who does Jenkins find attractive at the dance in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"? What does Sunny question Jenkins about on the train?
3. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
4. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
5. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
6. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
7. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
8. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
9. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
10. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)