|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
(a) Giles is Jenkins' cousin.
(b) Giles is Jenkins' godfather.
(c) Giles is Jenkins' uncle.
(d) Giles is Jenkins' brother.
2. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. Where does Widmerpool say Templer's family gets their fortune from?
4. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His failing grades.
(b) His financial situation.
(c) His weight.
(d) His father's recent death.
5. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
(a) He is an informal counsellor.
(b) He is the advisor to the student council.
(c) He is a junior dean.
(d) He is a party planner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
2. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
4. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenkins comment about Quiggin's career progress in Chapter 2 of "An Acceptance World"?
2. What leads to Deacon's death?
3. After the sugar incident, what does Jenkins realize about Barbara?
4. What does Myra Erdleigh seem to want to do when she encounters Giles and Jenkins. What service does Giles ask her to provide?
5. Who is Sillers?
6. In Chapter 4 of "An Acceptable World", what do Jean and Jenkins talk about in relation to their early meetings, and what does Jenkins note about Jean as a mother?
7. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
8. How does Jenkins describe Widmerpool?
9. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
10. When Myra Erdleigh tells Jenkins' fortune, what does she tell him?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)