|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
(a) An investment.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) A woman.
(d) A football match.
2. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His father's military career.
(b) His travels.
(c) His love life.
(d) His family genealogy.
3. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Seeing a doctor.
(b) At a party.
(c) With a girl.
(d) Having dinner with his father.
4. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
(a) Giles is Jenkins' godfather.
(b) Giles is Jenkins' brother.
(c) Giles is Jenkins' uncle.
(d) Giles is Jenkins' cousin.
5. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
(a) He is irritated by her.
(b) He is attracted to her.
(c) He is intimidated by her.
(d) He is bored by her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Widmerpool at La Grenadiere?
2. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
4. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
5. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1 of "An Acceptance World", what is Jenkins presently working on at his place of employment?
2. Why is Jenkins annoyed by Giles in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
4. While waiting to meet Members in Chapter 2 of "An Acceptance World", who does Jenkins run into and join for dinner?
5. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
6. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
7. What does Jenkins find out about Eleanor when he runs into her father in Chapter 4 of "An Acceptance World"? What does he find out from Sillers?
8. Who is Max Pilgrim? Why do he and Deacon argue in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
9. How does Jenkins describe Widmerpool?
10. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)