|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) A football match.
(c) A woman.
(d) An investment.
2. Where does Widmerpool say Templer's family gets their fortune from?
3. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
(a) Their car is hit by another car.
(b) Their car loses a tire.
(c) Their car hits a tree.
(d) Their car gets stuck in a ditch.
4. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Memories of summer camp.
(b) Memories of the war.
(c) Memories of his family.
(d) Memories of school.
5. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
(c) Le Bas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
2. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
3. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. What does Giles do while visiting the dormitory which could get Jenkins in trouble?
5. What do Stringham and Jenkins borrow to prepare a meal in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
2. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
3. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories of school?
4. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
5. Why is Jenkins annoyed by Giles in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
6. Who does Jenkins find attractive at the dance in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"? What does Sunny question Jenkins about on the train?
7. Who is Sillers?
8. What do the students mean when they refer to items of clothing as a "Widmerpool"?
9. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
10. In Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing", what does Jenkins do in order to impress a young woman? What goes wrong?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)