|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
(a) He is bored by her.
(b) He is irritated by her.
(c) He is intimidated by her.
(d) He is attracted to her.
2. What is Jenkins looking at at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A painting.
(b) A photo album.
(c) The sunset.
(d) A fire.
3. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
(b) Le Bas.
4. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A speech.
(b) A poem.
(c) A dance.
(d) A song.
5. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) About seventy.
(b) About sixty.
(c) About fifty.
(d) About forty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stringham and Jenkins borrow to prepare a meal in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
3. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
4. What food do Stringham and Jenkins prepare for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
2. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
3. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
4. Who does Jenkins find attractive at the dance in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"? What does Sunny question Jenkins about on the train?
5. How does Jenkins describe the difference between Templer and Stringham?
6. Who is Sunderland "Sunny" Farebrother?
7. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
8. What do the students mean when they refer to items of clothing as a "Widmerpool"?
9. Why does Jenkins ask his uncle Giles to put out his cigarette?
10. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)