|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Farebrother at Stringham's home?
(a) To talk business.
(b) To purchase the property.
(c) To drop off his wife.
(d) To visit Stringham's grandfather.
2. How does Jenkins describe Templer's personality?
(a) As raunchy.
(b) As soothing.
(c) As aggressive.
(d) As earthy.
3. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
(a) Their car loses a tire.
(b) Their car hits a tree.
(c) Their car is hit by another car.
(d) Their car gets stuck in a ditch.
4. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
(a) The author of a novel.
(b) The author of a quotation.
(c) The author of a play.
(d) The author of a poem.
5. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Memories of the war.
(b) Memories of his family.
(c) Memories of school.
(d) Memories of summer camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
2. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
3. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
4. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
5. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories of school?
2. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
3. How does Jenkins describe Widmerpool?
4. Who is Sunderland "Sunny" Farebrother?
5. Why does Jenkins ask his uncle Giles to put out his cigarette?
6. What do the students mean when they refer to items of clothing as a "Widmerpool"?
7. Who is Sillers?
8. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
9. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
10. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)