|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
(b) Le Bas.
2. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His father's military career.
(b) His family genealogy.
(c) His love life.
(d) His travels.
3. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
(a) Her sun hat.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her red hair.
(d) Her laugh.
4. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
(a) It has a large hole in it.
(b) It looks out of date.
(c) It it a very bright color.
(d) It is too small for him.
5. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
3. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
4. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What is Templer's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the students mean when they refer to items of clothing as a "Widmerpool"?
2. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
4. What does Templer admit when he returns late to the boarding house from London?
5. Who is Sunderland "Sunny" Farebrother?
6. In Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing", who does Jenkins meet with in London? How is Jenkins put out by this person?
7. Who is Sillers?
8. In Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing", what does Jenkins do in order to impress a young woman? What goes wrong?
9. Why does Jenkins ask his uncle Giles to put out his cigarette?
10. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)