|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
2. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(c) Le Bas.
3. Why does Le Bas say he goes into the countryside?
(a) To pick berries.
(b) To hunt for butterflies.
(c) To get away from the students.
(d) To paint the scenery.
4. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
(a) He is the advisor to the student council.
(b) He is an informal counsellor.
(c) He is a junior dean.
(d) He is a party planner.
5. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her laugh.
(c) Her sun hat.
(d) Her red hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
3. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
4. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
5. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories of school?
2. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. Who is Sunderland "Sunny" Farebrother?
4. How does Jenkins describe Widmerpool?
5. Who does Jenkins find attractive at the dance in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"? What does Sunny question Jenkins about on the train?
6. Why is Jenkins annoyed by Giles in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
7. How does Jenkins describe the difference between Templer and Stringham?
8. What is Widmerpool doing when he and Jenkins first meet?
9. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
10. In Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing", what does Jenkins do in order to impress a young woman? What goes wrong?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)