|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
2. Where is Stringham's mother from?
(c) South Africa.
3. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) About forty.
(b) About sixty.
(c) About fifty.
(d) About seventy.
4. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
5. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
2. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
3. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
4. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories?
5. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenkins note about Stringham's mother in "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What opportunity presents itself to Stringham at one of Sillers' afternoon tea events?
3. What caused the rift between Jenkins' father and his brother, Giles?
4. Who is Sillers?
5. Explain the incident involving the wanted poster.
6. How does Widmerpool react to Jenkins' confession about Le Bas' arrest?
7. What happens in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing" when the boys go riding in the country?
8. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories of school?
9. How does Jenkins describe the difference between Templer and Stringham?
10. Where does Jenkins travel to in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"? Who does he find is also there?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)