|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Buyer's Market.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Conan Doyle.
2. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
(a) His hat.
(b) His scarf.
(c) His coat.
(d) His shorts.
3. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
(a) It sounds fulfilling.
(b) It doesn't seem to have a promising future.
(c) He should aim to take over the place.
(d) It must leave him wanting for money.
4. Who does Pilgrim argue with at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What do the boys see one day as they walk past the police station?
(a) A wanted poster.
(b) A fist fight.
(c) A lost dog.
(d) A drunk in handcuffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barbara's surname?
2. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
3. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
4. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
5. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)