|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Buyer's Market.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Jenkins in when he arrives at La Grenadiere?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is homesick.
(d) He is ill.
2. What does Le Bas find which gets Templer kicked out of school in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A bottle of gin.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A tobacco pouch.
(d) A plagiarized exam paper.
3. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
(a) A football match.
(b) A woman.
(c) An investment.
(d) An inheritance.
4. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
(a) His sister.
(c) Sir Magus.
(d) The party's host.
5. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
(a) At the Louvre.
(b) At Buckingham Palace.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At a fireworks show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys decide to return to their dormitory house quickly in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. Where does Stringham say he is going to attend a party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
4. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
5. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)