|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Buyer's Market.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
(a) He should aim to take over the place.
(b) It sounds fulfilling.
(c) It doesn't seem to have a promising future.
(d) It must leave him wanting for money.
2. How does Jenkins describe Templer's personality?
(a) As soothing.
(b) As raunchy.
(c) As aggressive.
(d) As earthy.
3. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) An accident.
(b) A girl.
(c) A death.
(d) Bad weather.
4. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
(a) A mention on the society pages.
(b) Some good gossip.
(c) Losing her upperclass friends.
(d) Exclusion from parties.
5. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A football tournament.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A retirement party.
(d) A dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Templer leave his evening with Jenkins early in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What does Jenkins note Deacon had not particularly liked?
3. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
4. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
5. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)