|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Perrin feel about what the men want to do?
2. What does Perrin wonder as Rand recites the names of the maidens who have died for him?
3. What does Perrin say he will not let Rand do?
4. What has Perrin just done in Chapter 1?
5. What are Elayne and Nynaeve doing at the opening to Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rand ask of Perrin and what does Perrin say to Rand about the prisoner Aes Sedai?
2. How does Myrelle act as she is riding with Egwene and Siuan and why is she acting this way?
3. What does Elayne learn about the Tower's attitude towards the Circle?
4. Describe how Mat meets Beslan.
5. Who is watching Caddar, aka Sammael, interact with Sevanna and what does she decide?
6. Who attacks Mat in Chapter 21, and why does he think they expected something?
7. What happens when Omerna comes into the room where Niall and Morgase are?
8. What happens when Rand confronts Colavaere?
9. How does Rand silence the voice of Lews Therin?
10. Describe Moghedien's visit to the Pit of Doom.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jordan treats the world of dreams as an actual world where what happens there can affect people when not in the dream world; for example, if one is killed in the dream world, they are dead in "real life." Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe and analyze the interactions between Moghedien and Nynaeve/Elayne in "A Crown of Swords".
2. Describe and analyze Tel'Aran'Rhiod and how it affects the plot in "A Crown of Swords".
3. Why do you think Jordan includes the world of Tel'Aran'Rhiod in his Wheel of Time series?
Essay Topic 2
Though it is not a part of "A Crown of Swords", the readers are given enough information to learn that Rand al'Thor was, up until a short time ago, a shepherd in a small village in Two Rivers. Discuss the following:
1. How do you think Rand has changed from who he was before Moiraine comes to his village to the Rand he is in "A Crown of Swords"?
2. Why do you think Jordan chooses a young, unknown man to be the hero of the series?
3. How would the book have been different if Rand had been a prince?
4. How would the book have been different if the Dragon Reborn had been a female?
Essay Topic 3
Several of the Forsaken appear in "A Crown of Swords". Discuss the following:
1. Who are the Forsaken and what do you think is their role in the Wheel of Time series (you should be able to figure this out through what is said in "A Crown of Swords").
2. Compare/contrast the Forsaken with those in power that are supposedly on the "good" side--such as the Aes Sedai, the Whitecloaks and some Aiel.
3. Discuss the implications of Nynaeve being able to capture Moghedien and Rand having Asmodean to heel.
This section contains 3,311 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)