|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Gabor initially react to reading Melchior's letter in Act III?
(a) She claims it is just part of a class assignment.
(b) She claims it is a forger.
(c) She claims that Melchior did not rape Wendla.
(d) She claims that Wendla and Melchior have done nothing wrong.
2. How does Moritz vent his frustration at the end of Act II, Scene 7?
(a) He screams.
(b) He throws his books in the river.
(c) He allows Ilsa to take his virginity.
(d) He punches the tree.
3. What does Moritz debate as being worth staying alive for?
(b) His family.
(c) Melchior's friendship.
(d) Experiencing sex.
4. What question does Wendla demand an answer for from her mother in Act II, Scene 2?
(a) Ina is dying from childbirth.
(b) Wendla believes she is adopted.
(c) The truth of her parentage.
(d) Where babies come from.
5. How many times has Moritz failed in class?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanschen do to the image while in the bathroom?
2. Where does Act II, Scene 3 take place?
3. According to Melchior in Act II, Scene 4, what does not exist?
4. What has Moritz threatened to do if he cannot leave the country?
5. Why does Melchior try to force Wendla to leave him alone when she comes looking for him in Act II, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moritz believe he will be promoted to the next grade based off his discussion with Melchior in Act II, scene 3?
2. What are the different explanations given for Wendla's illness? What is the actual diagnosis?
3. What game does Melchior initially not participate in at reform school? Why does he change his mind?
4. How does Mrs. Bergmann attempt to defend herself from Wendla's anger in Act III, scene 8?
5. What is significant about the singer Moritz thinks about in Act II, scene 7?
6. Why do the professors want to expel Melchior from school?
7. Why is Mrs. Gabor concerned about Moritz and Melchior reading Faust? How is this significant?
8. What is significant about Melchior's letter to Wendla?
9. How does Mrs. Bergmann explain sex to Wendla after Ina has a baby?
10. What is the argument between Melchior's parents after Moritz's death?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)