|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Moritz devastated in Act II, Scene 5?
(a) He lost all of his money.
(b) His plans to run away have been thwarted.
(c) He was not promoted to the next grade.
(d) His father disowned him.
2. How does Mrs. Bergmann defend herself from her daughter's anger in Act III, Scene 5?
(a) She says that she is keeping Wendla out of her father's way.
(b) She says that discussing pregnancy is improper.
(c) She says he explained sex the same way it was taught to her.
(d) She says that she is just trying to save Wendla's reputation.
3. What does Moritz plead for Melchior to do?
(a) Keep on living.
(b) Leave the cemetery.
(c) Forget about him and Wendla.
(d) Join him in death.
4. Where does Mr. Gabor wish to send Melchior in Act III, Scene 3?
(a) England for school.
(b) Reform school.
(c) Seminary school.
5. Where does Act III, Scene 6 take place?
(a) Grape vineyards.
(b) The riverbank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the headmaster of Melchior's school?
2. What is revealed about Wendla after the doctor's visit?
3. Where does Act II, Scene 4 take place?
4. Mr. Gabor shows his wife a letter from Melchior in the third scene of Act III.III, Scene 3. Who is it addressed to?
5. According to Moritz, how many times has Ernst failed in their class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument between Melchior's parents after Moritz's death?
2. How does Hanschen deal with his burgeoning sexual desires?
3. How does Rentier Stiefel react to Moritz's death?
4. What is significant about Melchior's letter to Wendla?
5. Describe the scene between Ernst and Hanschel.
6. How do Stickytongue and Melchior try to defend "Copulation?"
7. Describe Moritz's story to Melchior.
8. What philosophy does Melchior claim to believe? What action follows in the hayloft?
9. What are the different explanations given for Wendla's illness? What is the actual diagnosis?
10. What is significant about the singer Moritz thinks about in Act II, scene 7?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)