|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the last scene of the play take place?
(a) The church.
(b) Melchior's school.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The riverbank.
2. What is revealed about Wendla after the doctor's visit?
(a) She has had a miscarriage.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has sprained her ankle.
3. Why is Wendla angry with her mother after hearing the truth about her condition?
(a) Her mother refuses to use the word "pregnant."
(b) Her mother is lying about Wendla's pregnancy to everyone.
(c) Her mother is lying about Wendla being pregnant to keep her under control.
(d) Her mother refused to tell her about sex and pregnancy.
4. What do Ernst and Hanschen vow to do together?
(a) Enjoy life as fully as they can.
(b) Commit suicide together.
(c) Run away to England.
(d) Stay celibate.
5. Who is the artist of Hanschen's picture in Act II, Scene 3?
(b) Da Vinci.
(c) Palma Vecchio.
(d) Salvador Dali.
6. Where does Act II, Scene 4 take place?
(b) Wendla's bedroom.
7. Describe the relationship between Ernst and Hanschen at the end of the play.
8. How does Act II end?
(a) Moritz prepares to kill himself.
(b) Moritz pleads with God for help.
(c) Moritz follows Ilsa home.
(d) Moritz walks in on Melchior and Wendla.
9. How does Moritz's father react to his son's death?
(a) He is furious at the school.
(b) He is overcome with grief.
(c) He disowns him.
(d) He is saddened with his inability to help his son.
10. Where does the second scene of Act III take place?
(a) Moritz's funeral.
(b) The hayloft.
(c) The riverbank.
(d) Melchior's home.
11. Where does Act III, Scene 6 take place?
(a) The riverbank.
(b) Grape vineyards.
12. What does Melchior start to do to Wendla when she begins to object in Act II, Scene 4?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Help her with her work.
13. According to the pastor, what will happen to Moritz?
(a) Eternal damnation.
(c) He will go to Heaven.
(d) His soul will walk the earth until Armageddon.
14. In Act II, Scene 5, through what medium is Mrs. Gabor addressing Moritz?
(a) Face to face.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A letter.
15. What question does Wendla demand an answer for from her mother in Act II, Scene 2?
(a) Wendla believes she is adopted.
(b) Where babies come from.
(c) The truth of her parentage.
(d) Ina is dying from childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the adults at the graveyard, what was wrong with Moritz?
2. Where does Act II, Scene 7 take place?
3. How does Melchior defend himself against his professors?
4. Who is the headmaster of Melchior's school?
5. How does Moritz vent his frustration at the end of Act II, Scene 7?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)