|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hanschen doing in the bathroom in Act II, Scene 3?
2. Where does Act III, Scene 6 take place?
(a) The riverbank.
(b) Grape vineyards.
3. In the Act II, Scene 2, what event has occurred within Wendla's family?
(a) Her sister has had a baby.
(b) Wendla's father dies.
(c) Wendla's sister is arrested for prostitution.
(d) Her sister has died in childbirth.
4. How does Moritz's father react to his son's death?
(a) He is saddened with his inability to help his son.
(b) He is overcome with grief.
(c) He is furious at the school.
(d) He disowns him.
5. What do Martha and Ilsa bring to Moritz's grave?
(b) His favorite book.
6. What does Moritz do when he walks Ilsa home?
(a) Leaves her before they reach her place.
(b) He pushes Ilsa away from him violently.
(c) He kissed Ilsa.
(d) He makes love to Ilsa.
7. Why does Melchior try to force Wendla to leave him alone when she comes looking for him in Act II, Scene 4?
(a) He is angry with her.
(b) He is depressed and wants to be left alone.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is embarrassed.
8. What situation was Ilsa in that her friends bailed her out of?
(b) She was kidnapped.
(c) She was nearly raped.
(d) She was arrested.
9. What does Ilsa do in lieu of going to school?
(a) Baker's assistant.
(c) She sells flowers.
(d) Model for artists.
10. What are the reform school boys trying to ejaculate onto?
(a) A book.
(b) A coin.
(c) Melchior's homework.
(d) An upside-down glass.
11. For what does Melchior's mother warn Moritz in Act II, Scene 1?
(a) Staying out too late away from his parents.
(b) Studying too much.
(c) Praying too much.
(d) Not sleeping enough.
12. What does Mrs. Gabor offer to do for Moritz?
(a) Help him find a new school.
(b) Tutor him.
(c) Speak on his behalf to his parents.
(d) Allow him to move into their home.
13. What are Melchior's implied actions when Wendla finds him in Act II, scene 4?
14. What has Moritz threatened to do if he cannot leave the country?
(a) Kill his parents.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Renounce God.
(d) Run away to a new city.
15. What did Mrs. Bergmann tell Wendla about her sister's bed rest?
(a) Wendla was told Ina was having a baby.
(b) Wendla was told Ina was recovering from surgery.
(c) Wendla was told Ina had the flu.
(d) Wendla was told Ina broke her leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the letter from Melchior that Mr. Gabor shows his wife?
2. What flowers does Wendla pick in Act II, Scene 6?
3. What is the reason Melchior's mother believes the boys are reading Faust?
4. What does the masked man offer to do for Melchior?
5. What is Wendla's mood while she picks flowers in Act II?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)