|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture is Hanschen addressing in Act II, Scene 3?
(b) A picture of the Pieta.
(c) "Daphne and the Hunters."
2. What does the masked man offer to do for Melchior?
(a) Guide him to death.
(b) Protect Melchior from memories of Moritz and Wendla.
(c) Protect Melchior from the hardships in life.
(d) Guide him to adulthood.
3. According to Moritz, how many times has Ernst failed in their class?
4. According to Mrs. Gabor, what favor is she unable to perform for Moritz?
(a) Give Moritz money to flee the country.
(b) Teach him about sex.
(c) Allow him to move into their home.
(d) Falsify Mortiz's grades for him.
5. What does Melchior resign himself to doing in reform school?
(a) Being an outcast.
(b) Being abused.
(c) Having his breakout attempts thwarted.
(d) Getting along with the other students.
6. What explanation does Mrs. Bergmann give to Wendla's question in Act II, Scene 2?
(a) Babies come from women praying very hard for one.
(b) Babies come from the church.
(c) Babies come from women loving their husbands.
(d) Babies come from sex.
7. Where does the second scene of Act III take place?
(a) The riverbank.
(b) Moritz's funeral.
(c) The hayloft.
(d) Melchior's home.
8. Whom does Moritz fantasize about in the last scene of the second act?
(a) His piano teacher.
(b) A singer.
9. Describe the relationship between Ernst and Hanschen at the end of the play.
10. What memento does Ilsa have of Moritz?
(a) The flower he gave her.
(b) His hat.
(c) The gun with which he shot himself.
(d) His pocket watch.
11. In Act II, Scene 5, through what medium is Mrs. Gabor addressing Moritz?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telephone.
(c) Face to face.
(d) A telegram.
12. What does Mrs. Gabor offer to do for Moritz?
(a) Allow him to move into their home.
(b) Help him find a new school.
(c) Speak on his behalf to his parents.
(d) Tutor him.
13. Who is the only person to defend Melchior in the scene with all the teachers?
14. What is the name of Wendla's sister?
15. What do the teachers blame as the cause of Moritz's suicide?
(a) His emotionally abusive father.
(b) The pressure from school.
(c) Melchior's paper that explains sex.
(d) Melchior's suicide pact.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moritz's father react to his son's death?
2. Where does Act II, Scene 7 take place?
3. In the Act II, Scene 2, what event has occurred within Wendla's family?
4. Whom does Melchior leave with at the end of the play?
5. Who is the headmaster of Melchior's school?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)