|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III, Scene 4 through Act III, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moritz react when being told about sex?
(a) He becomes aroused.
(b) He tries to argue with the points being made.
(c) He does not want to listen.
(d) He wants to know more.
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) The barn.
(b) The river.
(c) The woods.
3. Who starts to explain sex to Moritz in Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) Mortiz's father.
4. What is the most important relationship depicted in A Children's Tragedy?
(a) The bond between Moritz and his father.
(b) The friendship between Moritz and Melchior.
(c) Ilsa and Moritz's near romance.
(d) Melchior and Wendla's relationship.
5. Why does Moritz claim to appear to Melchior at the end of the play?
(a) He says he was sent to keep Melchior company.
(b) He says Melchior is going to be punished for his role in Wendla's death.
(c) He says Melchior disturbed his grave.
(d) He says he was sent to tell Melchior the truth about Wendla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the introduction to the play?
2. What do Martha and Ilsa bring to Moritz's grave?
3. How does Mrs. Bergmann defend herself from her daughter's anger in Act III, Scene 5?
4. Whom does Moritz fantasize about in the last scene of the second act?
5. What does Ilsa do in lieu of going to school?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)