|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III, Scene 4 through Act III, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Melchior try to force Wendla to leave him alone when she comes looking for him in Act II, Scene 4?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is depressed and wants to be left alone.
(c) He is angry with her.
(d) He is embarrassed.
2. What does Moritz do when he walks Ilsa home?
(a) He kissed Ilsa.
(b) Leaves her before they reach her place.
(c) He makes love to Ilsa.
(d) He pushes Ilsa away from him violently.
3. According to Bentley, what group of people does not like this play?
(c) Abstinence-only groups.
4. In Act II, Scene 5, through what medium is Mrs. Gabor addressing Moritz?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A telephone.
(c) Face to face.
(d) A letter.
5. What is Eros according to Bentley?
(a) Romantic love.
(b) An instinct for life.
(c) Sexual love.
(d) An instinct for death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendla's gravestone claim she died of?
2. What does Melchior initially believe about people who do good works?
3. What is Wendla's mood while she picks flowers in Act II?
4. What is Thanatos according to Bentley?
5. How does Moritz vent his frustration at the end of Act II, Scene 7?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)