|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III, Scene 1 through Act III, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Gabor defend Melchior after Moritz's death?
(a) Melchior spoke only the truth.
(b) Melchior is just a scapegoat.
(c) Melchior is too smart to have led his friend to suicide.
(d) Melchior has been framed by the school.
2. In Moritz's story for Melchior, how many heads does the queen have?
3. In the brief summary given in the introduction, what concept is Melchior struggling with?
(a) Political unrest.
(c) Sexual preference.
4. Who keeps Melchior from committing suicide?
(c) A masked man.
5. What errand has Wendla been sent on in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) She is to gather wood for her father.
(b) She is to gather flowers for her sister.
(c) She is to gather mushrooms for her mother.
(d) She is to gather plants for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Bergmann concerned about Wendla's dress?
2. What are the teachers planning to do because of Moritz's suicide?
3. Why does Hanschen reason that he must destroy the painting?
4. How wide is Moritz's knowledge of maturation?
5. In the introduction, what is NOT one of the mentioned allusions in the play?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)