|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III, Scene 1 through Act III, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wendla claim about the thoughts her mother finds offensive in the first scene?
(a) She says that she overhears her mother expressing these thoughts.
(b) She says they come to her at night.
(c) She says she hears the girls at school expressing similar thoughts.
(d) She says her sister tells her these thoughts.
2. Where does Moritz sneak to in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The faculty room.
(b) His teacher's house.
(d) Melchior's house.
3. Who keeps Melchior from committing suicide?
(c) A masked man.
4. In what form does the play begin?
5. What do the girls in Act 1, Scene 3 decide they all want one day?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Melchior's mother warn Moritz in Act II, Scene 1?
2. Where does Act II, Scene 7 take place?
3. With whom was Wedekind finding conflict while writing his play?
4. Ultimately, what does Bentley suggest about the masked man?
5. According to Bentley's analysis, who may NOT be the masked figure at the end of the play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)